Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More pregnancy interactions

I wish pregnancy in the sims was more in depth because I always skip through the three days and get bored waiting for the birth. It would be nice to have things like hospital check ups and ultrasounds. Then, if you wanted to, you could find out the gender of the baby before it is born and have the option to throw a gender reveal party or a baby shower.

I am aware that there are probably mods for this but I would love to see it implemented in the game. Does anyone else have other pregnancy ideas like this?

Comments

• TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I definitely want this. I also want more interactions and emotions from the pregnant Sim's family. In Sims 3, we had options like "talk to baby" or "listen to baby", and it was so cute. I'd like to see the pregnant Sim's partner have a moodlet for the duration of the pregnancy as well, it's weird just the mom has one. It would be really neat if older siblings could get moodlets too, like "Gonna be a big brother/sister!" And they could be happy, sad, or tense about it.

I so, so want a baby shower option! I'd love for my Sim's extended family and friends to show up with gifts and advice. Maybe a gender reveal cake or confetti?
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    I definitely want this. I also want more interactions and emotions from the pregnant Sim's family. In Sims 3, we had options like "talk to baby" or "listen to baby", and it was so cute. I'd like to see the pregnant Sim's partner have a moodlet for the duration of the pregnancy as well, it's weird just the mom has one. It would be really neat if older siblings could get moodlets too, like "Gonna be a big brother/sister!" And they could be happy, sad, or tense about it.

I so, so want a baby shower option! I'd love for my Sim's extended family and friends to show up with gifts and advice. Maybe a gender reveal cake or confetti?

Yes it would be so good to have more moodlets of either happiness or disappointment or have the father say he isn't ready for a child or something. A gender reveal cake would be so cool where you have to cut into it! Then you could also have those balloons people use where they pop it and the gender colour flies everywhere!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    How about midnight cravings for out of season fruits?
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    How about midnight cravings for out of season fruits?

I get those and I'm not even pregnant...
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would love this get Ultrasound, take prenatal vitamins, I would love a baby shower and a gender reveal party so it can be a surprise for sims and as the player.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    something small but in ts3 sims can also listen to belly and i think it be cute to have that little interaction back
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I would also like more pregnancy interactions and a baby shower event.

If we get more pregnancy options I'd like to customize the duration (3 days, 7 days, two weeks(or more)) because the time we have now would feel especially short.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited February 2021
    I thought that at the max level of the doctor career they could tell the sex of the baby. Though maybe it was a 3 thing. It has been a while since I delved into GTW.
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I thought that at the max level of the doctor career they could tell the sex of the baby. Though maybe it was a 3 thing. It has been a while since I delved into GTW.

I have never got very far in that career so I need to check that out!
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I cannot get behind a gender reveal cake. The whole idea is stupid and outdated.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Cangwen wrote: »
    I cannot get behind a gender reveal cake. The whole idea is stupid and outdated.

Same i would like a baby shower and the other suggestions but gender reveal parties are always so weird to me and also very stereotypical
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Cangwen wrote: »

Agreed. The California fires were started because this gender reveal stuff got out of hand.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

I think it would be nice if we would get something like a welcome wagon for new babies, where friends and family come to see the new baby and they will bring gifts for the baby and parents, things like toys, baby furniture, food, baby clothes, etc.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Id love to see gender reveal parties/baby showers! Like the confetti ones too that can pop out blue or pink confetti.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Dancergal123Dancergal123 Posts: 9 New Member
    GENDER REVEALS! We neeeed gender reveal parties, baby showers, ultrasounds, doctors office visits, and for family members to have moodlets towards the pregnancy as well!
  • adrianna_sims4adrianna_sims4 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love baby showers and ultrasounds!!
  • Simsplayer075Simsplayer075 Posts: 2 New Member
    And maybe premature babies and miscarrieages for extra drama!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    It would be nice with more interaction tied to pregnancy!

I also liked the listen to belly-interaction from TS3.

Hospital visits would be interesting!

Welcome Party for the newcomer is a very nice idea.

Hunger bursts, woohoo cravings, farting excessively could be fun.

No gender reveal please, too specific culturally for parts of US; players from all around the world buys this game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would love baby showers in game
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Oh my god yes! I would love the doctors appointments, ultrasounds and baby showers. That would be so cute!