Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Hermitgirl and @SoulGal7 This aspiration seems stressful!! I might be getting the Snowy Escape pack to do in March, so it's good I'll be prepared for some frustrations in that regard if I have Jules live in Mt. Komorebi

@SoulGal7 Poor Kiyoshi, I feel like he's always having a hard time :D And I laughed at that little detail about Sakura examining her own footprints. Are you planning to have Kiyoshi move to Windenburg with her?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Yes, as was Melody too , I had to turn her back to regular sim when I started this :) Her dad is .. also a vampire, but also.. something else :) I cannot let her visit them before I get to Forgotten Hollow, or.. something else happens to make her dad to show up :)

@Karababy52 , Yes Veera is her mom, from a save from a long time ago , I was not playing Veera at the time, she was a background character. My current main save is the first where I really play play with her :) She has had few kids during the time, but I only saved a couple at my library, and Melody is one of them :) I use a mod that makes vampires to break in again, in vanilla that almost never happens anymore, if not counted apartments, there it still happens pretty often without any mods. I love the walk too, it is hilarious :p

@permanentrose , oh I must of forgot to mention it, sorry :) But yes I used MCCC to connect Melody to both of her parents :) We will see if we see Greg (her dad) before she lives at Forgotten Hollow :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu Well I know too much about her dad since you've let me in on your secrets but I will let the others be surprised haha
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Ellupelluellu - Ah, okay, very cool! I love that Veera really is her Mom. Veera is gorgeous and she's such a good Mom in your other save. It's sad the vampire break-in was borked. I rarely ever get break-ins now. I don't blame you for using a Mod to make it happen more often. It's going to be really fun to see what happens when Dad makes an appearance as well! ;)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2021
    January (Tuesday) - Day 24: Fate Aids The Courageous

kiyoshi-snowboarding-level-9.png
    When they came home from school on Tuesday, Kado Akiyama was waiting to talk to Kiyoshi. Morgan Fyres, a friend from school, had been invited over by Sakura, and they head off to do homework together.

hi-kado-what-are-you-doing-here.png

Kado: "Kiyoshi, my friend, so glad you're home. Hey, listen, I need to chat with you about something really important."

Kiyoshi: "Sure, Kado, what about?"

Kado: "Kiyoshi, I was at the slopes last night and saw you snowboard. You are phenomenal. In fact, I took a video of you last night with my phone." Kado showed Kyoshi the video.

Kiyoshi: "Yah, that was a pretty epic run. But, I mean, how come? I mean, there are other snowboarders..."

Kado: "Not like you, there aren't. Do you realize how good you are? Anyway, I was showing the video to a guy at work and my boss happened to see it. He asked me to e-mail him a copy...and well...I did..."

Kiyoshi: "Why would your boss want a video of me snowboarding? That seems kind of weird."

kyoshi-and-kado-chat.png

Kado: "Well, maybe...unless you have a brother named "Coach Janks".

Kiyoshi was silent looking at Kado not really comprehending what he was trying to tell him.

Kado: "Kiyoshi - do you know who Coach Janks is? He is the Olympic snowboarding coach. The coach who brought home the most medals from the last Olympics! And my boss is his brother, and my boss sent his brother the video!"

Kiyoshi: "Okay, so...." he said and trailed off still not understanding.

i-never-thought-i-would-be-so-excited-about-this.png

Kado: "Kiyoshi! Coach Janks saw that video and he wants you on his Olympic Team! You made the team, Kiyoshi! You are heading to the Olympics!"

i-cant-believe-it-im-going-to-the-training-camp.png

Kiyoshi: "What? But how? The trials aren't until the end of the month. How? Oh my gosh! I'm going to the Olympics!"

sakura-asks-whats-going-on.png

Sakura heard all the excitement and came towards them. "What's going on? What is all the excitement about?"

kiyoshi-i-am-so-proud-of-you.png

Kiyoshi: "Sakura, I've been accepted on the Olympic Team!" He then went on to tell her what happened.

Sakura: "Oh Kiyoshi! That is fantastic news! Congratulations! I always felt like I was "In the presence of a Legend" when I snowboarded with you."

Kiyoshi: "Sakura, I can't believe it! This is incredible!

kiyoshi-i-knew-you-would-do-it.png

Sakura: "No, Kiyoshi. YOU are incredible!" she said as she kissed his cheek. Kado smiled at the two of them.

ok-lets-go-to-the-slopes-and-get-your-tape-done.png

Kado: "Now, Coach Janks won't be here until Saturday to meet you in person, but he wants me to take you to the slopes tonight and record an entire snowboard run. He wants it sent to him in the morning, so he can study the moves and critique them. Are you up to it?"

Kiyoshi shook his head excitedly.

Kado: "Oh, and Sakura, you're welcome to come. You can get in a bit of snowboarding, too".

Kiyoshi grabbed Sakura's hand and they went inside to change.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ok-kiyoshi-just-do-what-you-do.png

They all took the gondola up and Kado explained that a drone was going to follow Kiyoshi down the slope.

this-drone-is-going-to-record-what-you-do.png

Kado: "Just pretend it's not there, and just snowboard as usual. The only difference is that you're going to head down the 'Ludicrous" slope."

Sakura's jaw dropped when Kado said it. Kiyoshi assured Sakura that it would be fine. He'd gone down this slope a few times before. And he was off.

ludicrous-slope-for-kiyoshi.png

Kado met Kiyoshi at the bottom of the slope, turned off the drone and told Kiyoshi that it had been a perfect run.

Kado: "When Coach Janks sees this, there will be no doubt in his mind that you are the best snowboarder in Mt. Komorebi. Quite possibly the best snowboarder in Simland. Now Kiyoshi, once the trials are over, Coach Janks will arrange for all of the Olympic team members to depart for the Olympic Training Camp sometime on Sunday. You should be receiving a letter tomorrow about the final arrangements..."

Kiyoshi: "Depart for the Olympic Training Camp? We're not training here?"

Kado: "Oh no...you are heading to an isolated Training Camp high up on Mt. Komorebi. And don't worry about school...you will be tutored in your studies...but everyday will be devoted to training. You are so lucky, Kiyoshi. This is the chance of a lifetime!"

Kiyoshi: "Kado, how long will I be gone for?"

Kado: "Well, until the Olympics, although I believe you get a day off after three-months."

REALIZATION-THAT-KIYOSHI-IS-LEAVING-IN-A-FEW-DAYS.png

Kiyoshi and Sakura looked at each other. Kiyoshi suddenly realized that he only had a few days left to be with Sakura before he had to leave.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

LOOK-WHO-WAS-ON-THE-SLOPE-SLIPPING-AND-SLIDING.png

Look who was slipping and sliding on the slope - Bryon!

The weather was freezing and conditions were icy, but no luck with either snowboarding or rock climbing for Sakura to get that ding. Kiyoshi, however, has maxed snowboarding! Kiyoshi can now record a snowboarding video. The drone, however, does not work to do a live stream for snowboarding. When you try to click to do a snowboard run with the drone recording, that option is greyed out. And they got a notice that they hadn't paid their bills so their power had been turned off. :(

"Coach Janks", is real. Read more about him HERE.

"Fate Aids The Courageous" is a Japanese Proverb.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Wow! Congratulations to Kyoshi! What a fantastic opportunity for him. What a clever way to explain why they won't be together at the end of the month when Sakura moves to Windenburg too. I'm curious and excited to find out how that part works into this story. Very cool! Bummer Sakura still didn't get that goal completed though. *sigh* You might just have to cheat for it. I have a feeling it's still a bug/glitch. There's one more thing you can try. In the EA Answers bug thread for this, a couple commenters said they were able to fill it during those weather conditions while snowboarding on an Intermediate slope in high intensity instead of the Expert Slope. Skiing too, if I remember correctly. Maybe give that a try? Just an idea. Very cool you happened to see Bryon was there too! Not cool he had slipped on the ice though. Poor guy. lol Lastly, I love your Daily post pic of the day, actually all your screenshots are gorgeous! This pack has some great opportunities for beautiful screenshots eh? :) Oh! Plus, I thought Kado was Kyoshi's Dad for some reason! Opps! o.O
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @permanentrose
    It's just like the bed is eating the Sim and then it spits the Sim out again, leaving it like that. Isn't this supposed to be a children game?! xD

Lenny will have gained a lot of kilo's after that week with Jules. Heheheh.

@SoulGal7
    Day 23: The bills are back! Bryon's bills are even worse. It's really unbelievable. There's really a problem with the aspiration there. Good think at least Kiyoshi got the ding. Hopefully Sakura gets hers soon too. Hahahah, have you ever walked in ski boots? It's really almost not possible. The way Sakura walks around in it without a problem is just... Non-existing in real life. Sims logic strikes again. Phahahahhah that last photo! Poor Sakura.

Comments: Maybe he is coming out of his shell a little bit, but then again, they are just at home at the moment, and Bryon has the romantic trait, so he just goes like that once in a while.

Day 24: Just wanted to say this, but every time I read 'Kado', I crack up. 'kado' (or 'cadeau') means 'present' in Dutch, like, something you get from Father Winter. xDDD

Anywaysss, back to the story. Whoa. Looks like Kado really gave Kiyoshi a present. His name is doing great already! xD Congrats for making the Olympic team! But that means... Kiyoshi will also leave the scene for a while? That's so sad :(

HAHAHAH BRYON! <3 Still clumsy as always. Nice to see him in your game!

@Hermitgirl
    Day 24: Another person having problems with the aspiration. It's really frustrating, indeed. At least the pictures look great! xD

@Kanindota
    River has an entire year to find a love interest. Don't rush it! ^^ I downloaded River and put him in my game <3 Can't wait to see him walking by or something! Thank you about the photo. I'm too lazy to make a new one with the real River, but his real picture is now on my header on my blog: https://skeilah-thesims4forum.weebly.com/one-month-one-world-one-year.html

Day 23: Oh, bag-guy! I saw him in my game too, yesterday, but I didn't make a picture with him in it. I was wondering what his face looks like, but I was too lazy to go into CAS and remove the bag. I didn't even knew he was a teen (just found out because I went to search him on the internet xD And I found a picture of him without his bag, he actually looks goooood).

Day 24: Ah right, you wanted to write a SimLit. How's that going?

@Karababy52
    How sweet of Josh to just wait in front of the door like that xD He's being so considerate. If the door's locked, it wouldn't be possible for Josh to come in, even after Tessa tells him to, right? Or did that change?

I get what you mean with the mod! Only one mod is enough and if it bugs, you know what to do ^^ I think I have a total of 5 mods, so it's still doable. I don't think I'll do more than that. I also have some CC, but if it doesn't work anymore, I just throw it out xD

It would be cool to see what neighbors are doing on their lot. Nawww, poor Tessa xD I feel for her.

@Ellupelluellu
    Hi again! Ahhh, free days. I love them. Or well, I'm having free days at the moment but I don't know what to do with all the time I suddenly have. Will be different when I start my internship in February.

Day 20-21: Totally off-topic, but where did you find Veera's hairstyle? I really like it a lot! I only know the woman's name is Veera because of comments from others, ahahahahha. Nice little update! Didn't know Melody had vampire blood running in the family. Also read that you had Melody turning back into a regular Sim. Does she regret her decision of not being immortal anymore? Or does she like being 'normal'? :P

I'm actually glad vampires don't break in. Don't want Vlad standing next to Bryon when he's peacefully asleep xD
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    January 25
    01-24-21-1-16-10-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    Mailman came to ruin my day. $ 597. That’s double the money I have in hand at the moment! Guess we’re going to live without electricity for a while. Since I didn’t want to go home and be reminded of that, Naoki and I decided to go straight to the lounge after school. Little did I know I was going to be reminded by something way worse: my childhood. Once there, I saw a woodworking table. “What’s with that face?”, Naoki asked. I didn’t hear him at first. My eyes were so focussed on that woodworking table. Memories came back to mind. My father refused to buy things for me. “If you want it that badly, make it yourself! And if you get hurt, that’s not my problem. I’m not going to bring you to the hospital. You’re not worth the money”. I snap back to reality, just to see Naoki’s worried face. “Bryon…?”. “I’m sorry for dreaming like that”. “Oh, you were just daydreaming… You got me worried there for a second…”. The thing is… I have a really difficult time talking about things when it comes to my father. Naoki doesn’t know anything about him. Maybe it’s better to keep it that way. “Did you want to make something on this?”, Naoki then asked. “Hm?”. “You’ve been staring at that woodworking table for ages now. Wanna make something on it?”. “… Only if you’re helping me”. “Of course!!!”. I wanted to cry, but I held myself from spilling tears. Naoki seems so happy, so I can’t start crying and make him worry. Note to self: never bring up my horrible past around Naoki. I don’t want to cry in front of him, I don’t want to make him worry about me.

Extra photo's
    1bPcoWq.png
    Frick you, mailman. Frick you, Landgraabs. xD

lqop5pA.png
    Bryon completed the second milestone of the Nerd Brain Aspiration after making something on the woodworking table, but now.... We need a rocket ship.

i2uECKh.png
    Arghhhh. Frick this. Again. Look at how little money he has, and he didn't even payed that bill yet. HAHAHAHA. This is horrible.
    Update 25 - Appreciate life's sweet little moments

gQpUaqz.png
    Jules has been making too much money lately, in my opinion, mostly from her gardening since her plants have been increasing in quality, and I do the super sell interaction since it's annoying to have too many harvestables in her inventory. I'll delete some of her plants so they aren't so lucrative once I finish the Freelance Botanist aspiration - she's really close to finishing! I have already given her so many reward traits since I was getting annoyed at filling her basic needs all the time haha, so the least I can do is make her financial situation more of a challenge.

At the start of today, she was at around §15,000 and she's not really spending much these days. So she donated §1000 to the Toys for Elders charity, but it only lets you donate to charity once for a certain period of time, so I sent her to the Lost Gardens of Healing to make an offering of §5000 to the Whispering Wishing Well, and it let's you make another offering again right away, so I had her give another §5000, leaving her at §4796 - that feels much more reasonable lol. I do think I'm gonna make a habit for her to donate to charity regularly. Jules does have that attitude of gratitude so I think it will be in character for her.

Anyway, she decided to make a wish since she made the well so happy. I had her wish for skills since she wasn't really in need of any of the other options, and yay, she got a skill boost for the next four hours!
    t6iybjQ.jpg

She came home and maxed out her gardening skill almost immediately. She just needs to evolve 3 more excellent plants and finish growing her cowplant, and then that's another aspiration under her belt!

Then, randomly, Tori Carrington, another teen I made in my game, asked if she could come over. I guess she's one of Jules' old school friends. Jules needs more female friends so she told Tori she could come over. They conversed and hung out for a bit. Tori's parents have also both tragically passed away, leaving Tori as the sole provider for her toddler sister, Mae. So maybe Jules and Tori will bond over their shared tragedy. (My game seems extra dramatic when my dramatic storylines intersect like this - I promise a lot of my households are boring and happy lol)
    HwvX10H.png

(There is nowhere good for Jules to sit and hang out with people if the weather is bad. I took away the kitchen table for the week to make room for Lenny's bed since the bed can't go upstairs since poor Lenny can't climb a ladder, and now she doesn't have a couch because the Murphy bed of death was the only way she could fit one. MICRO HOMES ARE HARD. I will be using a tier 2 micro home in Windenburg so I'll have some more space to play around with in a week or so)

Sorry, apparently I'm in the mood to add a lot of my own commentary today. Moving on :)

It started storming, and poor Lenny was terrified.
    LlUM3tM.png

"Don't worry, I'll protect you." *boops nose*
    DHiNVaP.png

Lenny settled down, and Jules practiced her guitar. I am casually working on the musical genius aspiration, or whatever it's called.
    L9XCYaH.png

I had to rearrange her room a bit since she couldn't access her computer with the current position of the bed. She checked for penpal replies, then I realized she was hungry, so I gave her some honey she's been stockpiling in her inventory (I am so disinterested when it comes to filling sims basic needs, there's so little time and many more exciting things to do, so often Jules eats honey to fill her hunger need since I can't be bothered to have her cook unless it's for a plot point :D)
    lwUBBOE.png

Then Mario gave her a call. Since school starts on Monday (UGH, first day of fall is coming up, and I did promise I'd enroll Jules back in school lol) Mario wanted to take her on a special camping trip that weekend so they could spend some quality time together. (She's not leaving Willow Creek though - I bulldozed a lot and put some trees, a fire pit, and a pee bush on it and made it a rental lot. Gonna be the lamest campsite ever LOL). Jules very happily agreed, as long as he didn't mind her bringing Lenny with them, since she still has him for a couple days.

She went to bed feeling very giddy indeed. Ah, young love....
    JnvguaM.png
    @Skeilah I wish Jules could have donated some of her extra simoleons to Bryon and Naoki - she'd totally pay their bills and buy them a rocket ship lol. Well that's part of the fun of the challenge I guess, working hard for what you buy. I'd suggest frog breeding, digging and selling collectables, and of course, gardening, to make some extra cash. I mean, not going to school helps too HAHA. So I do think Jules will make money less quickly now that she's starting school in like 3 days.

I love how you're making the aspiration goals fit into his story instead of just making them random things he has to do. Nice touch. Hopefully they can get their power turned back on quickly!
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah - Ooohh....a bit into Bryon's background, which is not at all pleasant. Yes, the bills are awful, I agree. Well, Naiko didn't know about the "make it yourself" past that Bryon has, and hopefully in working together, there will be a happier memory now on making things. But, yes, the rocketship...I know...expensive!

On a side note, interesting about the name "Kado" - in French, cadeau has the same meaning, a gift. So, how appropriate that Kado, Kiyoshi's friend, is the one to give him that HUGE gift. And I just looked it up, and in Japanese, it means "gateway". So, yeah, Kado just showed up on their lot, and I went with it for my storyline. I wish they did have something in-game, like a ski race down the hill. That would be so cool.

@permanentrose - You are rolling in the simoleons there! Donating is a great thing. Are you saving some simoleons for your house in Windenburg? And getting that skill boost from the wishing well - bonus. For gardening, I actually use some of the plants that were harvested as fertilizer. Fish can also be used, except Sakura hasn't been fishing yet. When I saw Jules eating some honey, I remembered that honey is the best thing to have as far as food. If Sakura had a bee box, she would have just brought honey with her for the Mountain Excursion for food. I also have them eat the harvestables from their inventory as it's the quickest way to have food. Quicker even than a quick meal from the cooler. Just grab something from your inventory (I normally have them eat 2 things), chomp and go. Poor little Lenny, scared of thunderstorms. We had a dog once, too, that was terrified of thunderstorms, the poor thing just shook. He also was afraid of fireworks. The camping trip sounds like a great idea with Mario, even though it will still be in Willow Creek. We'll just imagine it's in another, never before seen part of Willow Creek :) Nice update.
    @SoulGal7 I totally could have her eat harvestables more. As far as money for Windenburg - I was gonna have keep some personal items that I’ve gotten attached to. I’ll probably just have her sell the rest of the furniture and use the money she currently has plus what she makes from her furniture sale to start her off in Windenburg. I think I’ll wait to after she moves to bulldoze the lot though - I think it would be too much money if she got all the funds from the bulldozed lot. I’m definitely trying to slow things down so she’s not maxed on too many skills and too rich by like the end of next month :D
    @permanentrose
    Day 25: Too much money? Give it to Bryon, he always has too little, hahahaha! It's really annoyinggggg. Well, donating to charity is also an option. Ah, a female friend for Jules! Can't wait to see the camping trip update in Willow Creek xD

I'm mostly busy gardening and they make quite some money from that, but maybe I'm just impatient. It's true that it helps when your Sim doesn't go to school, but well, school's important xD

I'm enjoying the depth I put in this story. I feel like I can do this more, because there's a whole year to write.

@SoulGal7
    About Bryon's background, I'm going a little bit deeper in that tomorrow. I'm so exited about it already! Bryon sure had a hard time growing up, and he doesn't really know how to behave in situations that remind him of that time. Luckily he now has Naoki who will always be there for him.

I'll get the rocket ship, no matter what!!!!

We stole the word cadeau from France, hehehehe. We actually have a lot of French words in our language. Well, half of Belgium is French, maybe that's why...

Oh yeah, a ski race would be so cool indeed! Too bad :(
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7 I totally could have her eat harvestables more. As far as money for Windenburg - I was gonna have keep some personal items that I’ve gotten attached to. I’ll probably just have her sell the rest of the furniture and use the money she currently has plus what she makes from her furniture sale to start her off in Windenburg. I think I’ll wait to after she moves to bulldoze the lot though - I think it would be too much money if she got all the funds from the bulldozed lot. I’m definitely trying to slow things down so she’s not maxed on too many skills and too rich by like the end of next month :D

@permanentrose - I have already built a house for Sakura in Windenburg. It's another starter - Tiny Home Residential - Small Home. The house I built in Mt. Komorebi will stay there fully furnished. I am not in-game right now, so not sure if I can do this, but I was going to change the lot type to a rental when she left Mt. Komorebi. That way, since Mt. Komorebi will be "open" when she leaves there, she may be able to go back for a vacation. Just a thought on that. Or, if she doesn't get that last level of the one aspiration, to go back and try to finish it. Sakura still has a ton of photos in her inventory. I have to build a wall, pull them all out, have a look at them and decide which ones to keep, and sell the rest. That's a small project in itself! lol I think she will just keep 4 of each plant that she has to bring to Windenburg with her, and sell the rest. She also sold the collectibles that she found, I may have her keep the simmi capsules, though. We'll see. She will stay in school, but she may join a club as well, either Scouting or Drama. I will decide on that once she moves.
    @SoulGal7 I do like the idea of keeping their homes as rentals each time they move, might have to consider that! If the game won’t let you change it to a rental while she lives there, you can just place a copy of the furnished house in this library and download the furnished version and make it a rental. I do believe that the game will force you to either sell or take her furniture upon moving. I considered evicting Jules instead of moving her so I wouldn’t get the money from her furniture sale or have it in her inventory, but I have to experiment with if that option deletes stuff from her household inventory since there’s stuff I want to save. Also I might have to start building Jules a house ahead of time too so she has somewhere to live immediately. I don’t want to play a homeless sim again lol, I’m over that life
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Ellupelluellu Mom's a vamp. I love it! Now we get to meet your profile sim, that's great! I agree that she's gorgeous.
    @SoulGal7 Great story. Lol, I know it doesn't happen but when I saw Sakura holding her stomach in that picture my first thought was (darn) I hope she's not pregnant! I like the way you have of moving him out of the direct picture also for awhile. He gets to work on what he wants and even his momma should be proud!
    @Skeilah Wow Byron's dad was a real piece of work! It's funny how I'm developing a dislike for the Landgraabs also the little drop downs when they shut my lights of for no reason makes me want to do some bad things to Nancy (and ... well it might happen).
    @permanentrose love the boop picture especially.. aww! Is the fear emotion doing anything more for pets? Nice restraint with the money situation also. I didn't know about eating honey straight... but I've got a stockpile so it's great to know.

I decided to let Roxanne keep her money.. between painting, gardening and flower arranging it just piles up and her bills are low. It's embarrassing how much she has but I decided I wanted a creepy haunted house in Windenburg because of the new pack... so no microhome for me next time. Maybe after buying an expensive home running heat and air ect she'll start having money issues.
    As for the homes left behind I might start moving townies she met and likes into them.. Or if she moves someone in eventually she can just move out and leave the home to them and split the money.
    egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl So the pets still get a tense moodlet during thunderstorms, but I have a household that lives right next to the volcano in Sulani and when the volcano erupted, the dog got a fearful moodlet (I also have a playable pets mod so I can check to see exactly what moodlets they have). Toddlers still get sad during thunderstorms instead of scared, but I have seen people posting about toddlers getting scared from stuff like ghosts, but the image next to their emotion panel is stretched weird, so I have a feeling that the game didn't properly add the fear emotion for toddlers and pets and it might just be a fluke that they experience it at all lol.

Yes, honey is a fantastic little hunger booster! It will fill the bar all the way up, and give your sim a nice moodlet too. And it doesn't spoil, as far as I can tell, so I literally just keep adding jars to Jules' inventory so she always has some, then I don't have to stop what I'm doing to feed her since eating honey takes like 5 sims minutes aka 5 seconds lol
    edited January 2021
    Day 25 Sometimes
    EKn0PAh.png
    Sometimes life is hard... and we just have to slow down and smell the flowers.
    OoMbbz1.png
    bUKKPRT.png
    Scent life with calmness. Take deep breaths.. Feeling better yet?

2BhTZwm.png
    2Zl6BDa.png
    Sometimes you are having a nice conversation with a cute guy and someone has to just go and ruin it! Whew.. wait....remember deep breaths... There you go.

Zrw0hJQ.png
    kh2m80b.png
    vGMKUdk.png
    Sometimes you have to just have to stand up for yourself and say no to people getting in your way. Sure you'll have some regrets.. it's a part of life.

CTFnqCi.png
    But things get better and you'll make good friends along the way!

egTcBMc.png
    edited January 2021
    @Hermitgirl
    LOL I love the motivational poster-like commentary as Roxanne is actively killing a sim with her flower arrangement. I hope she has kids with both Father Winter and the Reaper lol. That would be great! I'm at least glad she got to befriend the Grim Reaper in your update
    @permanentrose
    Lol I had fun with it especially after the last day at the slopes ... I hope I don't need to put trigger warnings with this group, but it is in game stuff. What was pretty funny is she makes friends really easy because of a trait she bought "Always Friendly" that came with OR. As soon as she befriended Grim, she got a pristine reputation. Crazy.
    I'm sure fear will be worked on and tweaked as it goes, but yeah for base game stuff it sounds like it needs some work. Still happy we have it.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited January 2021
    @Hermitgirl - Day 25 - Oh my gosh! That was hilarious. Too bad you didn't have the last item to do on the Grilled Cheese Aspiration, because you could have chatted with the Grim Reaper about Grilled Cheese. lol I had to look twice to see what flower was in the garden, and I think I said it out loud "Death Flower". Pristine reputation! Oh my gosh! I am laughing! Okay, that bartender didn't look very nice, anyway. And I love your idea of having a Haunted House in Windenberg with the new pack. I will be holding off on buying that one right away, as I haven't even explored the Nifty Knitting pack that I got at Christmas. But, yeah, looking forward to Roxanne in that seance role.

And on a side note on my story - the reason Kiyoshi was moved in, to begin with, was to complete that Mountain Excursion. Kiyoshi does seriously like Sakura, though, and does cute little autonomous romantic actions with her. And Sakura does like Kiyoshi as well. And, that motion that Sakura did, she was hungry! lol But there is more drama coming in Mt. Komorebi, so stay tuned for another exciting episode of "Making Mountains Out of Moguls". hehehe
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah , I will try to hunt down Veera's hair :) Hehe yes I have mentioned her name in other threads, why some here know her name :) And about turning Melody back as human sim, nah, I removed the negative moodlet with MCCC , and she will be a vampire again.. (and again removed) when she lives at FH :D Yes I know many people did not like the break ins, I do, however, as it only makes their energy drop, and some moodlet what easily hides behind happier moodlets , why I have the mod :)

@Hermitgirl , thank you :) She is special sim to me :) PLUS, about your latest update, yes it is always nice for be at good relationship with Grim, you never know when it will be handy :D

Okkay.. again late.. I did had a free day, but I managed to fell at slippery icy yard yesterday, and hit my knee, so I have had troubles today with walking and stuff.. mostly just lied down.

I hope now I will get back to one post per day, so I CAN finally comment on your updates! I have read all and awesomed all :)

RULE CHANGE: I forgot the dishes and snowbals and posters at SM. So she can visit at Spice festival after all, but is not allowed to take any plants.

vDschPJ.png
    Melody Connors
    Days 21-26
    (crazy, I know)

Funds at start of day 21 : 9438 simoleons
    Funds at end of day 26: 31899simoleons
    House value at day 26: 25703 simoleons
    oF72cOM.png
    Day starts with sending sold painting at plopsy..
    "Watcher, how that painting managed to get in this small box??"
    I don't know... for same reason you get a mop out of you butt!
    SUnJqAh.png
    D5K6T09.png
    And some gardening.
    kGj7bFe.png
    lD04JsU.png
    gA8Y5rl.png
    Heathy breakfast, some plumbing needed to be fixed and lets climb! (either weekend or vacation day)
    2TW18ul.png
    Later some chess with the proud "parent" of the lottery winner!!!
    K8OT9no.png
    Yes , this sleepy doggo here.. indeed, Rosie won 1million at lottery :D Bones for the rest of her life!
    g7qeynd.png
    Mandatory fishing pic!!!!

jsJhuXH.png
    Early morning snack, a pear.
    gaLmtFr.png
    But yes, lets do the proper breakfast too :)
    6lgwUXY.png
    AH! A school day! At blue.
    05cU0CX.png
    She was playing at the lounge.. nice tips..
    jWksK4w.png
    Then Malcolm called and asked her to hang around at Bluffs... HONESTLY? You invited Clara too???
    d0rbYtP.png
    Oh... what a "fun" evening!!!

DYZ8ZHG.png
    S14jMuZ.png
    mS7TVT3.png
    Okay, new day, hopefully better.
    fZKCr6y.png
    Back from school.. okay at WHITE?? No wonder you are edgy..
    iCCxZdU.png
    0Fe5snA.png
    Fish tacos.. okay.. and talking about fish..
    rmSZ2Y7.png
    There went that evening..
    yc2AsEI.png
    Lnzc3Vy.png
    Oh.. Caleb this time..
    W38cpzm.png
    vDschPJ.png
    HYBxgLi.png
    Well Caleb had poor timing.. as she woked up on her own.. but she was dazed all morning.

krjnaDI.png
    R4ChuT1.png
    Off to school after shower, not dazed anymore. And back and tending her garden.
    nQ98aUH.png
    Both, Malcolm and Morgan decided to visit..
    Klh13h6.png
    HE ws so worried while watching Melody to climb.

6tC4gcP.png
    Hey, happy to go to school! No wonder, she is wearing red again!
    qu726QY.png
    Malcolm invited himself over (he has the key), thanks dude, for washing the dishes!
    gbDHw2F.png
    But.. weren't you supposed to be at school too????
    Malcolm: "Yes watcher.. but I so much like this mirrir!!!!"
    Okay.. you do you..
    LsumJ2L.png
    WtTF6Ik.png
    Back from school.. Mallcolm there again...
    Melody: HEY!! I am right here and you have a key anyway!"
    2E8sqv9.png
    Melody: "Well I am going hiking, you better go home!"
    Malcolm: "oh it is nice around here , but yes baby, I'll go"
    o5Sk6Du.png
    v7L4voB.png
    obCWO06.png
    IPTUmN8.png
    So she met spirits, climbed a bit and went back to do some bbq.
    QXo8jRJ.png
    Oh! The famous blue screen! She fixed that!
    yPG7fS6.png
    Finally at home.. she called to school for vacation day!

ROeP3HM.png
    rBQHlWD.png
    New morning.. starts with gardening as usual :)
    qtje47b.png
    XuNi1Yu.png
    Playing chess and everyone are gathering around them again.. @AlwaysAsking
    GOcAZ53.png
    NFom6xG.png
    Something to eat..
    gkfMmxk.png
    YEP a new angle :D
    GAh8F6b.png
    0R2jxSC.png
    sVd752P.png
    So..spice Festival.. she can eat the dishes from the table there, or order what ever she wants from stalls..
    e3jXSeL.png
    Eating with uncle Joey..
    0i2ecpO.png
    HEY! Finally very different fishing picture :D

@Ellupelluellu Great updates! Lol, I loved that line about pulling the mop out of your butt, very true, our sims do pull random items out of many places. Also Rosie winning the lottery is to great!! And Melody seems to be very indifferent toward Malcolm even though they are dating :D
    edited January 2021
    @permanentrose , thank you :) Well Rosie has won the lottery now 3 times in my game, she is one lucky dog :love:

January - Day 25: "We'll muddle through whatever we do..."

gz2RMrB.png

Notes
    J3rbQE2.png
    "Did you follow me here?"
    "Maybe, maybe not. You know I love to fish...Hey! There's Adam!"

GDVppbC.png
    "Hey Adam! Thanks again for singing with me."
    "It was my pleasure, you're very talented."
    "Do you think maybe we could do it again sometime?"

xOxxtGv.png
    "I'd say that's a definite possibility. Let's walk."

qV59sO0.png
    TheMightyHunter02: Hey Beautiful, I'm so sorry for taking off like that. Adam asked me to sing with him again tonight at this exclusive club somewhere. We're on our way there now in his car. HIS car! Can you believe a big star like him doesn't have a driver? He's so cool. See you soon!

6uO9mSR.png
    "Hey Josh, there you are. How'd it go last night? I thought you'd call or text or come over and tell me."
    "Hey Beautiful! Yeah, I'm sorry, it was getting late, I knew you had school and I didn't want to wake you up."
    "Oh. Ok...Whatever."
    (School, Gawd, I hate it so much.)
    "Aww, don't be mad Beautiful. I'll come over later and tell you all about it okay? I promise."
    "It's cool, I get it. See ya later then. Gotta go!"
    "Bye, Beautiful."

6ldfYDS.png
    While Tessa showered, she heard Josh talking and laughing in the other room, and smiled. He always kept his promises.

"What's black and white and red all over?"
    A Zebra with a rash! hahaha
    Bet you thought I was going to say this book, am I right?"

dT9ELeH.png
    "You're here! And you used your key. I thought you said you wouldn't."
    "Hey Beautiful! Of course I am. Yeah, just this once. Anyway, it was an emergency! There's a thunderstorm outside!"

smy6V4E.png
    "Guessing you had fun last night? I heard you laughing and talking to, someone?"
    "Not someone, a book--"
    "A book? Why were you--"
    "Nevermind about that, I was just being silly. I need to tell you about last night. Oh man, Tessa, it was INCREDIBLE!"

Josh talked about his singing experience with Adam for the next 10 minutes in minuet detail. Right down to the kind of drinks they had after it was over in a VIP area of the club. His eyes were sparkling and shining with the excitement of it all. It made her want to cry seeing him so happy. Even though she was a bit sad she couldn't be there to share it with him, she knew that realistically there would be many times he'd do things and go places she couldn't. It's just the way it had to be. At least for now.

NShyJ1w.png
    "That all sounds amazing Josh! I'm so happy for you. Adam sounds like a really down to earth regular guy."
    "He is! He definitely is!"
    "Maybe you'll get to sing with him again sometime."
    "I doubt it. Probably just a once in lifetime kind of thing."
    "Not once, twice! It could happen again."
    "I guess...maybe. Anyway, enough about me. Let's have some fun! Think you can beat me at R.E.F.U.G.E.? Let's play best 2 out of 3 and winner gets anything they want."
    "Anything? Really?"
    "Anything."
    "You're on!"

XpeoKGr.png
    "That's one round for me! Give it up Beautiful, you'll never beat me. I'm the Master!"
    "We'll see about that Mr. Master."

BUAy4mU.png
    "Woo Hoo! That's one for me!"
    "Wait...What? How'd you do that? You've been practicing haven't you?"
    "Oh yeah! You're so going down."
    "Doubt it."

qPnIwdN.png
    "YES! That's 2 out of 3. I Win! I Win! In your face Mr. Master." hahaha
    "*gasp* Where'd you learn that move? I never showed you that. Wow, good job Beautiful. Uh...how about best 5 out of 6?"
    "No way! You said 2 out of 3. Time to pay up!"

cwFfrea.png
    "Alright, you got me. What do you want? Anything, within reason."
    "I...want...I want...a kiss. Just a little one, is that okay? You did say anything."

gk02cr9.png

nB6pP0S.png
    "I have to go."
    "Wait! Josh, don't go! Why is that so bad? It's just a little kiss, come on!"

dp0VOZS.png
    "Tessa, go back inside, it's not safe out here."
    "No, I don't care. I don't want you to leave like this. I'm sorry. Please don't go. I just don't understand why one little kiss isn't 'within reason.'"

fpqfnph.png
    "It's not within reason, and you know it. One little kiss wouldn't be enough for either one of us. I don't know if I could stop at just one kiss, and I know you wouldn't stop me. I can't, I won't take that chance... even though I want to more than anything. You'll have to think of something else. I'm sorry...I have to go."

omucU23.png
    "You're being ridiculous, you know that right? Wait! I know what I want. I want my key back!"

9JrKRQg.png
    "No, you don't. Now who's being ridiculous? Go inside Beautiful."
    (Dangit, he's right.)

mmg3v46.png
    The next day when Tessa came home from school, Josh was inside waiting for her.

"Hey Josh, what's up? You look so serious, did someone die or something?"
    "No, nobody died Beautiful. I have something important to tell you."
    "Okay, let me go change fir--"
    "Tessa, Adam asked me to be a back-up singer for him while he's in residency at the SiMGM Grand.
    "Josh! Oh My God! That's fantastic, I'm so proud of you! When will you get back?"
    "I won't be coming back..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top