Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Generations Have you Gotten to In Your Game??

Comments

• BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Ummm.........

I try really hard not to but I'm always starting new saves and deleting old ones. The farthest I've ever gotten was gen 3 as a toddler playing short lifespan (Counting the founder) I have a complicated story for why I deleted that save. I had life's tragedies installed, trying to kill Jamie (Don't judge) when an arsonist burned down the farm. I basically deleted my mods folder, but their house was mostly CC. All of the stuff got deleted and I rage deleted the save.

R.I.P the Brinsons :'(

I'll always miss you (Except for Jamie, he got what he deserved)
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I think five or six until an update broke it. Rest in peace, Wilder Family. 😭
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I play 80+ (?) households on rotation, so aging goes very slowly - sigh. A very few of the sims I created as young adults back in 2014 are still around as elders. So, I think 3 generations is about it for most households. In addition I love creating back stories, including creating their ancestors in CAS to have some family photos on the wall, and for my nobility houses I went back many generations. I love seeing sim kids grow up and try to develop their personality in a logical way, based on dna and how parents might influence their choices etc. Seeing how they look is so fun.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I've wanted to play until I get to the 10th generation sooo bad..... but I hardly ever get into gameplay.... so I've only made it to the second generation with Sims 4..... I might have to get back on track and play some more when I get home from work
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I'm at 5 generations right now.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @Vicky_chingyu1023 Congrats on the four-gen that is awesome, I can see myself crying as well with my gen's
    @VeeDub congrats on six-gen's interesting way to play
    @Daravi congrats on the fourth-gen super happy you never gave up on it too
    @Rosysimmer that's a lot of generations to get through, I don't think I would like playing with the Landgraab's either
    @FurAndYarn WOW congratulations on making it to twenty eight-generations that is epic-ness. Super sorry you had to hide your blog due to mean peoples. Sounds like the mods could be something I would like to try to keep it interesting for me. Your teen looks awesome out on his own.
    @DoloresGrey Congrats on thirteen gen's super awesomeness
    @Simmingal I hope the game bugs and what nots keep away from your play through this time
    @fruitsbasket101 that is still super awesome you got to 10 gen's in sims 3 and I hope you make it that far in sims 4 and it stays interesting for you.
    @Wrenry wow 12 gen's is epic also in many ways you could say the back story has lived on and on.
    @musteni thank you for the insight I will be doing mine the same way I think!
    @AbbyBaba729 congrats on your five generations super awesome, got my fingers crossed your game will act good and you get through all the gen's you want too.
    @Amz_Louise awesome getting to five generations, sad the game messes up and you have to start over.
    @DaWaterRat ten-gen's is a great achievement congrats, I hope I can make it this far at some point.
    @aws200 super sorry sims isn't as interesting to you as sims 2 and 3 were, and I agree I wish the gen's were better in sims 4. I never played any kiddo's in sims 2 or 3.
    @BookBear sounds like you are deep in your gameplay and what's wrong with that right? Congrats on making it to gen-3.
    @TruthGamer96 six generations is pretty darn good, super sorry you lost the Wilder family due to game updates and what nots.
    @Simmerville Wow that's a big rotation for sure, I bet it's super nice playing with all the other family's as well.
    @Clousinators congrats on making it to the second generation, I hope you get inspired to play it more.
    @SamDenny congrats on five generations dear.

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I think I've only ever made it to the third generation before I wandered off, I'm terrible about starting new games. lol
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I got to 10 generations in the save I have for Simeon and L's kids Pandora and Solomon and their line. In my present game, I have Lada who is the daughter of my go-to Spellcaster's Family with Sam Astral being her dad and her being a grandma. In my game where Morgyn and L are married, they are up to 6 generations now in their line. I am waiting for a game where Simeon and Morgyn finally hook up and have kids. Though I am starting to believe that L's love of mischief is going to be needed to make them infatuated with each other. However, eventually, it'll happen on its own. I plan on doing at least 10 generations for each line. I'm not including custom Sages like the Sage of Mastery Magic or The Sage of Vampire Magic or The Sage of Alchemy in this experiment. I'm curious to see how each line is both magically and other.

In Sims 4 I don't usually do generational games. I do in Sims 3, have generation play in my games and enjoy seeing how far I can go with family lines. In Sims 2 I would play nothing but generation games to see how far I could get my Sims line.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I am currently playing a sim whose lineage I can go back to 12 generations. I don't have a picture of him but this is his Dad.

xapTKvW.png?1
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I, unfortunately am too much in love with my original Sims and the pre-mades... At most I tend to play a save until the pre-mades die of age and often only one generation with aging off until I am bored with them.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    Ummm.........

I try really hard not to but I'm always starting new saves and deleting old ones. The farthest I've ever gotten was gen 3 as a toddler playing short lifespan (Counting the founder) I have a complicated story for why I deleted that save. I had life's tragedies installed, trying to kill Jamie (Don't judge) when an arsonist burned down the farm. I basically deleted my mods folder, but their house was mostly CC. All of the stuff got deleted and I rage deleted the save.

Flippin' Jamie.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    Ummm.........

Flippin' Jamie.

Hahahaha

(he was an unwanted twin who was mean to everyone)
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    Playing gen 8 of my legacy challnge right now, my girl gen 9 is gonna age up to a young adult soon. I can play for 10 generations but I was thinking doing more
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I play multiple saves but the highest I have right now is four generations and I definitely count the first one that's where it starts after all speaking of I should go play now.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    I am going for an achievement (xbox), so I am playing with families for the first time. Currently just got to generation 6 :#
    @Catzilla congrats on making it to the third generation, my concentration is the same I seem to wonder off
    @drakharis congrats on ten generations and man that is some skill to play that long with generations in any sim game, awesomeness!
    @simesmerized that is super awesome twelve generations and your sim is handsome may his lineage go on and on
    @Beardedgeek see I've been right there with you the whole time :)
    @Vik congrats on the 8th going on the 9th generation super awesome, hope you're able to do more
    @RedDestiny92 congrats on your fourth generation that is awesomeness, enjoy playing.
    @emiobix Wow that is a super accomplishment for console congrats on generation six there.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Only three so far. I have started a Not So Berry challenge, but abandoned it. I do plan to get back to it, but something else always seems to pop up that's more interesting. I really like the variety of rotational play more than legacy challenges.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I promised some pictures! I didn't have many from the first three generations, I got more into picture-taking with the most recent one.

This is my pretty family tree.

Hopper-Family-Tree.png

You can see the FULL family tree on the Plum Tree App though, it's much bigger.

https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/5ce66907bd39c600069627cb

Gen. 1
    I started with my founder, Angel.

05-27-19-2-09-26-PM.jpg

She married this random townie, Salah. He turned into a vampire later.

05-27-19-2-12-51-PM.jpg

They had about nine kids together, but this one is the heiress, Sage, with her little sister Dahlia.

06-02-19-8-38-15-PM.png

Gen. 2
    Sage left her first fiancée at the altar.

06-04-19-10-43-31-PM.jpg

This is the man, Mateo Wetzel, who she eventually had a baby with.

08-05-19-2-14-55-PM.jpg

Gen. 3
    This is Sage's only kid and the heir, Santiago.

11-27-19-4-04-40-PM.jpg

He got together with a man called, Cesar.

12-06-19-11-49-48-PM.jpg

Gen. 4
    Santiago and Cesar had one daughter, Sydney. Sydney married Clarence, who is now a spellcaster.

TS4-x64-2021-01-05-16-01-52.png
    TS4-x64-2021-01-13-13-48-32.png

They've gotten two kids so far: Mickey and Claudette.

I love this picture of Mickey during the wedding of his parents. It looks like he's upset he's not getting all the attention!

TS4-x64-2021-01-19-16-32-02.png
    TS4-x64-2021-01-25-14-15-39.png
    TS4-x64-2021-01-22-15-20-59.png
    @telemwill congrats on getting to three, that's me to I get started then I see something else and I'm like I wanna do it for a bit then I never get back to the other ones
    @Duvelina WOW that looks pretty amazing and beautiful, I love your generations sims super lovely, handsome and cute, love the bit of story with them too, its a nice incite on them. Love seeing them all on the Plum tree app that's a huge start keep it up!
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    100+ but it was fast paced XD
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    I am playing two challenges and on one I am on generation five and the other to generation 2, close to 3. I love generation playing with challenge and I am always excited for the next part!
    @JackOnYourBack WOW that is super duper AWESOMENESS congrats on 100 generations.
    @smilepanda sounds like you are having some super fun, congrats on the generation five and the generation 2/3 super awesome.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    I tried and only made it to generation 4 (Including the founders) but then they died and I missed them :D so have started a new save with them. Will probably give them the immortal potion so they can watch their family grow. Will see how far I get this time around.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    One.
    I only played young adults early in the Sims 4 because I did not like how sims aged up from babies to children and then from children to young adults. I have never considered TS4 teens to be teens. They look too much like young adults.

Now that we have toddlers, Parenthood, ( plus a teen height mod) I am playing families.
    I did age all my CAS born young adults down to toddlers and gave them parents in CAS.
    The first batch have graduated Uni and are in starter homes. I an now rotating to the others.

By the time I get to generations 3-5, the Sims 5 should be out.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Don't know the exact number off the top of my head. So let's consult the wall of Ancestors.
    jtsWT9U.png
    Let's see, 15 pictures plus the woman watching it makes 16, the fact that this woman is now an elder in my game means she had kids of her own which is 17, said kid's heir is about to be aging up soon so.....18 Generations.