Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk more about Sims 5.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I don't want another badly stripped-down basegame.

With the Sims, they now have to compete with themselves; if an open-world Sims 5 isn't as good as Sims 3, nobody will bother buying Sims 5 because, y'know, they can just play Sims 3.

Likewise, if a more restricted game isn't as good as Sims 4, nobody will buy Sims 5 because, well, we'll be playing Sims 4.

I hope they consider this. This is why I dont buy sims 4 dlc, I can still buy and play things from previous games. They really need to knock it out of the water with this next one.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I want to add my auto-quote form another theard about TS5:

Let's be honest. EA sell hope instead of finished product. I really doubt that TS5 can be better (I've said this several times before). If TS5 will be ever realised, you can forget about any improvements for previous games. What is more, I am a simmer since TS1 (but I skipped TS3 expansions) and I see how this game is changing. The Sims series is getting more neutral and polite. Better romance, jokes and hotter interactions are disappearing. Look at The Sims 4. Alkohol and blood are replaced by juce and plasma. Strip dancers from TS1 or dancing cages are unthinkable. Probably if TS5 will be ever realised, this game will be totally utopian. No negative interactions, no bad emotions, no things which will be banned because of fact that someone can feel offended. This game will be never so bold as it was before.

How it started:

I also want to remind TS1 commertial - 24:15

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I speculate that the game will be released at 2022, maybe the production already began when Grant Rodiek leaving sims 4 development for another project, which I thought was Sims 5.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    I speculate that the game will be released at 2022, maybe the production already began when Grant Rodiek leaving sims 4 development for another project, which I thought was Sims 5.

Really? Even then I think that seems a little early but I hope they are steadily making moves on it

edited January 2021
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    The Sims series is getting more neutral and polite. Better romance, jokes and hotter interactions are disappearing. Look at The Sims 4. Alkohol and blood are replaced by juce and plasma. Strip dancers from TS1 or dancing cages are unthinkable. Probably if TS5 will be ever realised, this game will be totally utopian. No negative interactions, no bad emotions, no things which will be banned because of fact that someone can feel offended. This game will be never so bold as it was before.

I do miss some humor from TS1 but I dont think it needs adult humor or themes (strip clubs/alcohol) to be good quality. I do see TS4 as tame but for me thats not why I feel like the game is soulless. For me its the lack of personality, consequences, attraction systems, and the emotion system is a huge flaw for me.

Animal Crossing is very child-friendly and I really love it. But it really feels like a complete game, TS4 for me does not. I really hope that they do put a lot of work into TS5 and I cant imagine them wanting the same backlash with TS4 all over again. I hope they learn from their mistakes.

edited January 2021
    There is also this awesome mod ive used for TS4 that adds languages to all the worlds. You set your sims native language and you can skill yourself in other simlish languages across different sim worlds. Id love it if TS5 followed model!

https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/22/the-sims-4-language-barriers-mod/

bd421fc0fafda21dfa383b152a8d28d9-gnd.jpg

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    My wants for worlds in 5:

- The same closed world system as 4, but with much bigger neighborhoods. I want each world to just be one big neighborhood with around 30 lots and about 4x the size of current sims 4 neighborhoods. That way it would feel more like a proper world and then we could keep the "travel anywhere, anytime" system. For example one world could be like this but it'd be all one neighborhood:
    c7eab1ec6970512b6445468a523ebf37.jpg
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__sunset_valley_by_filipesims-dan5qq3.jpg
    (wouldn't have as many lots as this but you get the idea)

- Rabbitholes, especially for work. I want my sim to go somewhere for work, not to just disappear into the void. (ie a politician would go to work at the town hall building). I want each world to have rabbitholes for every job, or potentially they could have something like a tunnel that sims drive through when going to work.

- More lots that are accessible without loading screens. For example parks, we have them in base game worlds with no loading screens so why not just put a park in every world? Also things like bookstores and general stores - we already have food stalls in most worlds with no loading screen so why not make it slightly bigger into a small store. I really miss my sim actually going somewhere to buy things rather than just ordering from the PC and they magically appear.

- Town centres in every world, I really liked how in 3 you had a park area in the middle surrounded by things like town halls and libraries.
    896ce90951d60e6a868f5ccf8535870b.jpg
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Really? Even then I think that seems a little early but I hope they are steadily making moves on it

You're right, it's too early unless the development actually started earlier than 2018.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    Onverser wrote: »

- The same closed world system as 4, but with much bigger neighborhoods. I want each world to just be one big neighborhood with around 30 lots and about 4x the size of current sims 4 neighborhoods. That way it would feel more like a proper world and then we could keep the "travel anywhere, anytime" system. For example one world could be like this but it'd be all one neighborhood:

In TS2 you can take a empty neighborhood of just streets. You chose from like 20 presets and then add in your own lots of different sizes. You could also add trees, stones, plantations, flowers, hot air ballons, helicopters etc whatever deco to make it seem more alive.

J2aVGh7.jpg

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited January 2021

In TS2 you can take a empty neighborhood of just streets. You chose from like 20 presets and then add in your own lots of different sizes. You could also add trees, stones, plantations, flowers, hot air ballons, helicopters etc whatever deco to make it seem more alive.

J2aVGh7.jpg

That's what I would love, I personally don't need a full blown CAW (Create-A-World) tool as I'm not good at terraforming the land and stuff, but just having the ability to have blank, empty neighborhood templates to choose from would be perfect.

I have a tendency to always play in just one single world, unless my sim goes on vacation. So my perfect world would have a residential area with houses backyards butting up against each other like they do in my RL city, and then a section for "downtown" (AKA: community lots).

I don't travel to other cities in RL to eat or shop unless it's a special occasion because the closest cities around me are over an hour away, each way. So in the Sims, I almost never take my sims to other worlds, but because the worlds are so small that if you put in the majority of the various community lots then you end of having like only 5 residential lots left and that's it. And since we don't have the ability to have truly multi-type lots that function to save room, it's just one more restriction they've imposed on us.

• agentcloneagentclone Posts: 15 Member
    > @Simburian said:
    > Judging by another game EA are bringing out in March and all the requirements that Simmers want with Sims5 everybody should be saving up for a computer able to run it. A two person (home or friend online) game, coming out in March starts with minimum requirements of 8 Gig memory but recommended is 16 Gig.

If your talking about the "It Takes Two" specs I don't consider those to be particularly high specs personally. For the minimum specs the Graphics card has been around since 2012/13, the CPU since 2011, and I think that Windows 10 doesn't run that well on less than 8GB of RAM (for that matter I think my 2010 PC had either 8 or 16GB RAM).

For the recommended specs the graphics cards have been around since 2013/15, the CPU's 2012/17. So basically so long as you have a mid-range gaming machine purchased in the last few years it could handle it. Cheaper laptops wouldn't be able to handle it, desktops you should be able to add the missing components (which would most likely be a graphics card, and maybe a stick or 2 of RAM).

In regards to Sims 5, I would prefer a return to Open World, but if they insist on doing the loading screen I would like to be able to easily switch between different members of the household who may be at 2 different locations. I also highly support the return of the Sims 3 skill goals. Ploppable buy locations would also be great (CAW would be even better but ploppable buy locations would also really work for me).
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

J2aVGh7.jpg

J2aVGh7.jpg

That's what I would love, I personally don't need a full blown CAW (Create-A-World) tool as I'm not good at terraforming the land and stuff, but just having the ability to have blank, empty neighborhood templates to choose from would be perfect.

I have a tendency to always play in just one single world, unless my sim goes on vacation. So my perfect world would have a residential area with houses backyards butting up against each other like they do in my RL city, and then a section for "downtown" (AKA: community lots).

I don't travel to other cities in RL to eat or shop unless it's a special occasion because the closest cities around me are over an hour away, each way. So in the Sims, I almost never take my sims to other worlds, but because the worlds are so small that if you put in the majority of the various community lots then you end of having like only 5 residential lots left and that's it. And since we don't have the ability to have truly multi-type lots that function to save room, it's just one more restriction they've imposed on us.

Why not have a 100% open world system that can do both open worlds and open neighborhoods? Just having the one option of open neighborhoods is too restricting - I don't understand the push for that. And just because you can't terraform or want to just stay in one neighborhood, it shouldn't be denied to people who can terraform or want to go to other worlds often. If you really think your computer can't handle a large open world, you can just create smaller, flat ones. In TS3, we have a large selection to choose from for all the types of computers out there. If your computer couldn't handle a huge world, there are plenty of smaller ones for it. I had a 2014 computer with 4gb RAM and Intel integrated graphics which was able to handle most of the larger worlds - it was even better when I transferred the game to an SSD. But most people have computers that are much more recent than that and can easily handle the larger worlds now.

What I loved about TS3 is the high degree of customization the player is given. So 100% open world for TS5 would be much better and is actually more scalable to a wider variety of computers and give more options to more types of players.

EA/Maxis has to also keep in mind that they're not the only ones in the life sim genre anymore and the competition said that they would implement an open world system, not just restrictive open neighborhoods.

New article about TS5 (thx for heads up@clarion) posting job description for CAS in Sims 5:

https://simscommunity.info/2021/01/25/maxis-is-preparing-development-for-the-sims-5s-create-a-sim/
    Today we got two new job opportunities that Maxis has posted related to The Sims 5. The first one (Senior CAS Artist) both further confirms that we are indeed talking about a whole new Sims Game and that a brand new Create A Sim is in the works.

In the job listing they’ve further explained what the role and responsibilities for the Senior CAS Artist are – including the creation of initial look of the characters and the clothing that they’ll be wearing, as well as guiding new members of the team to deliver needed work.

The responsibility and tasks of this job would be to help design and support the prototypes of new Creative Tools that are currently in development for the game. There are two interesting things that the job requirements have listed, including:

Excited by and participating in new business/distribution models like Subscription services and cross platform games.Knowledge in popular Sims Community mods and Custom Content would be ideal.

This could mean that the next Sims Game could possibly rely on a subscription-style service, as well as the ability to play the game cross platform. They’ve also listed that it would be good if the future game designer  has knowledge in popular mods and custom content – possibly meaning that the game could also have support for Mods / CC

Points of interest to me are:
    •Subscription based models. For single player i wonder? Or just multiplayer?
    •Wants people interested in popular sims mods. What kind of mods do you want them to take inspiration from?
    • What will the style of our sims look like? I am hoping for another stylistic Sims 4 look, not realism like TS3 (uncanny valley no pls)

edited January 2021
    @ClarionOfJoy I do like the neighborhood systems of TS2 & TS4, and I dont mind if its open world or open neighborhood as long as each lot stays plenty populated. :)

Thats the only thing I didnt like in TS3 open world, some lots were very sparse. You could go to a club at 10pm and theres a bartender, one party animal sim dancing on a table alone, and 1 guy spending 30 minutes going up and down the elevator. The aesthetic of the open world didnt make it more immsersive for me, even the really restrictive Sims 2 lots were plently immserve because the sims felt so alive. There was always so much action going on (and Benjamin and Goopy getting into fights).

What I did like about the open world is things close! You cant go to the museum at 4 in the morning. It adds to the simulation like that, that is one thing that did really like.

I also like Sims 2 neighborhood creator because it was quite simple, and easy for me to use since im not a builder. But if they can make tools for others to make more sophiscated worlds im cool with as long as i can make my own neighborhoods and the tools are simple enough for me grasp.

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy I do like the neighborhood systems of TS2 & TS4, and I dont mind if its open world or open neighborhood as long as each lot stays plenty populated. :)

Thats the only thing I didnt like in TS3 open world, some lots were very sparse. You could go to a club at 10pm and theres a bartender, one party animal sim dancing on a table alone, and 1 guy spending 30 minutes going up and down the elevator. The aesthetic of the open world didnt make it more immsersive for me, even the really restrictive Sims 2 lots were plently immserve because the sims felt so alive. There was always so much action going on (and Benjamin and Goopy getting into fights).

What I did like about the open world is things close! You cant go to the museum at 4 in the morning. It adds to the simulation like that, that is one thing that did really like.

I also like Sims 2 neighborhood creator because it was quite simple, and easy for me to use since im not a builder. But if they can make tools for others to make more sophiscated worlds im cool with as long as i can make my own neighborhoods and the tools are simple enough for me grasp.

Your reasoning is based on people having old computers, but most people have newer computers that have more powerful CPUs nowadays, plus a lot of them have SSDs. This is what TS3 world lots look like now:

Screenshot-61.jpg

Screenshot-10.jpg

Screenshot-115.jpg

Screenshot-97.jpg

If EAxis wants to be forward thinking, they have to adjust to the fact that most computers out now are more powerful and have SSDs. Plus they are making The Sims 5 in 64-bit for better optimization. Even if some people choose to hang on to their older computers, adding an external SSD and moving the game to that would also help to make the lots more active. But that is also becoming a smaller population as time goes by and will be even smaller by the time The Sims 5 is complete and released.

Why not have a 100% open world system that can do both open worlds and open neighborhoods? Just having the one option of open neighborhoods is too restricting - I don't understand the push for that. And just because you can't terraform or want to just stay in one neighborhood, it shouldn't be denied to people who can terraform or want to go to other worlds often. If you really think your computer can't handle a large open world, you can just create smaller, flat ones. In TS3, we have a large selection to choose from for all the types of computers out there. If your computer couldn't handle a huge world, there are plenty of smaller ones for it. I had a 2014 computer with 4gb RAM and Intel integrated graphics which was able to handle most of the larger worlds - it was even better when I transferred the game to an SSD. But most people have computers that are much more recent than that and can easily handle the larger worlds now.

What I loved about TS3 is the high degree of customization the player is given. So 100% open world for TS5 would be much better and is actually more scalable to a wider variety of computers and give more options to more types of players.

EA/Maxis has to also keep in mind that they're not the only ones in the life sim genre anymore and the competition said that they would implement an open world system, not just restrictive open neighborhoods.

Ohhh no, I would love an open world, my point when commenting about the referenced pic that @StrawberryYogurt posted, was that if we couldn't have fully open worlds, I would be ok with something like that. Where we could at least put down our own roads and things and edit the world. I'm all for open worlds and CAW for those that want it. I love to D/L custom worlds for TS3.

I have a good PC and can run TS3 perfectly fine, without any lag, so that's not an issue for me either. I just choose to stay in one world because that's my own personal play style. Each of TS4's worlds are totally different and it's jarring to my own story lines to go from some European looking world to a California world in a blink of an eye, or a New England styled world to a tropical island. That doesn't fit my play style. That's why I want worlds that have many more lots regardless of if it's an open world or open neighorhood, I just want the ability to edit/modify whatever world I'm playing in.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2021
    New article about TS5 (thx for heads up@clarion) posting job description for CAS in Sims 5:

https://simscommunity.info/2021/01/25/maxis-is-preparing-development-for-the-sims-5s-create-a-sim/
    Today we got two new job opportunities that Maxis has posted related to The Sims 5. The first one (Senior CAS Artist) both further confirms that we are indeed talking about a whole new Sims Game and that a brand new Create A Sim is in the works.

In the job listing they’ve further explained what the role and responsibilities for the Senior CAS Artist are – including the creation of initial look of the characters and the clothing that they’ll be wearing, as well as guiding new members of the team to deliver needed work.

The responsibility and tasks of this job would be to help design and support the prototypes of new Creative Tools that are currently in development for the game. There are two interesting things that the job requirements have listed, including:

Excited by and participating in new business/distribution models like Subscription services and cross platform games.Knowledge in popular Sims Community mods and Custom Content would be ideal.

This could mean that the next Sims Game could possibly rely on a subscription-style service, as well as the ability to play the game cross platform. They’ve also listed that it would be good if the future game designer  has knowledge in popular mods and custom content – possibly meaning that the game could also have support for Mods / CC

Points of interest to me are:
    •Subscription based models. For single player i wonder? Or just multiplayer?
    •Wants people interested in popular sims mods. What kind of mods do you want them to take inspiration from?
    • What will the style of our sims look like? I am hoping for another stylistic Sims 4 look, not realism like TS3 (uncanny valley no pls)

I'm not sure, maybe this would be their way of making sure that if you want to play their game online you have to subscribe, so every user has access to the same content. That way they will not have trouble with users not owning a particular pack and therefore can't get access to the same things that someone else have online.

People who want to play offline or don't want a particular pack can instead buy their packs normally.

They are probably looking at popular CAS mods, maybe they want to look how their new CAS can support similar mods that people are making for the sims4 today. Which means hairstyles, accessories etc...I'm hoping that they are looking into ways that we could sort custom CAS content, it would be great if we could sort our custom cc by creator for example.

Based on previous job postings, it does sound like they are going for something more realistic, but I don't think they will go uncanny valley, me personally, I'm hoping for something in between, no more clay hair but something a bit more realistic.
    Ohhhh I'm hoping for non-clay hair too and real eyelashes this time around!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    What it should NOT have-- software-as-a-service, multiplayer/online-only always, and loot-box mechanics (a practice in the gaming industry so so controversial, regulators in MANY countries, including our lawmakers here in the USA have considered banning it; and I fully agree). These three things ruin today's games to me. As well, I feel packs with a fixed storyline (such as Strangerville and the famous flop Journey To Batuu) should be left to spinoffs, and not as EPs.

What it should have. Taking advantage of the hardware available today. Even mid-end computers are far more powerful than most were seven years ago. This means decent looking Sims, open worlds, and great details should be included. TS3 Sims are pretty close to photorealistic but fall behind because of the limits of 2009 hardware. I feel that Sims can be smarter than ever before, with proper emotional systems and a good trait layout. While they're at it, revamp CAS and Build/Buy.
  • agentcloneagentclone Posts: 15 Member
    Genuine question, but why couldn't you have a computer generated world rather than them being presets? The world being open world, have a few selections (such as small/medium/large, desert/grassy/alpine, flat/mountainous, etc), have the world open, with some preset buildings for the rabbit holes that are generated as a city centre style thing, then allow people to put in their own plots and add/remove extra stylings. That way you can potentially deal with the various computer levels etc.
  • Avatar1111Avatar1111 Posts: 12 New Member
    I have recently heard disturbing rumors of the Sims 5 being designed as a multiplayer game. This would be a failed a idea if Sims 5 creation team follows it. Here are reasons that this should be discouraged:

NO one ever thinks of Data transmission load (that's the amount of information that's uploaded and received downloaded through the internet) and almost all of us must pay for it - and that is expensive. A heavily interconnected graphics simulation game would need to be a cloud experience and that means constant large amounts of data being moved and updated about the world and all the players that interact on it. It takes a lot of time to build, that's massive amount of data load going back and forth.

We all know that online servers would need to be payed for and that would mean a monthly expensive added to the game, as well.

Lag time is the bear of any online game.

Just to name a few reasons. Please don't waste money going down that road where so many Sims titles die.
    > @Chicklet453681 said:
    > Less Restrictions! That's a biggie for me!
    >
    > * I want community lots to be anything I want them to be. I should be able to put down any interactive object and it spawn the required NPC to function. Stop Restricting Us!
    >
    > * Editable worlds! I want to be able to add/remove anything in my world! (A CAW would be even better so I can put down roads how I want them without being restricted to what the game ships with). Stop Restricting Us!
    >
    > * Bigger worlds, I need more lots per world, this trend of giving us 5-7 lots per world with tons of unusable space around the lots has got to stop! While I don't need to have 100 lots per world, about 30 would be sufficient for me. Stop Restricting Us!
    >
    > * I prefer open world, but I would be ok with open neighborhoods ..... as long as it's truly "open", I want to be able to visit the bar across the street from me without a loading screen, walk to the community pool in that neighborhood and enter that lot without a loading screen, visit my neighbor and knock on their door without a loading screen, etc! Stop Restricting Us!
    >
    > * I want the ability to make functional apartments in the basegame, apartments are a part of RL, most young people start out in some type of apartment living before they ever purchase a house, we should have that ability in the base game too. Stop Restricting Us!
    >
    > * I need CASt and Colorwheel to be brought back for everything! (Hair, Clothing, Eyes, Accessories, Shoes, Furniture, Objects, Walls, Floors), I think they should keep the swatch system for those people who don't like, get overwhelmed, or can't use CASt for whatever reason, but it should be an available option for the people who prefer it and have no problems with it. Stop Restricting Us!
    >
    > * In a perfect world, the packs would come in 2 versions ...... one that just contains CAS/BB stuff only, and one that has all of the gameplay options, because people are just big whiney babies about things in packs they don't want, yet they still buy it. It's not fair to people who bought a pack for specific gameplay and then it get removed due to the complaints!
    >
    > * Terrain tool from the beginning of the game, including a pond tool!
    >
    > * Traits that actually make sims behave different from each other, I personally do not like the emotions, I think they're too over powering. I also would like to get rid of the happy, smiling, default sims (unless your sim has the "Perpetually Happy" trait, or something like that). I don't know anybody in RL who wears a smile 24/7.
    >
    > * I need some type of attraction system, likes/dislikes, favorites, gender preference, etc.
    >
    > * I would like teens to look like teens again, instead of like young adults.
    >
    >
    > I could go on and on, but those are my top "must haves".

Yeah... what She said... lol But I would like to add:

* Special effects hidden control emitters/objects... like I believe in Sims 2 the fog control emitter sphere is an example. And other times like water falls and animal control ones. Hell the control balls would be useful to set places in a restaurant for dinning, or bar use interactions settings, or setting up a home table for dinning only. School room controls balls could designate area of behaviors for sims in the at room, and movie centers, and athletic events and so on. And I am sure you think of a ton of other uses, as well.

* Walkable/Swimmable worlds I would like to be able move freely in open in open areas. When I look at worlds like Assassins' Egypt (not online version) full of animals and thousands of open homes and people milling about. Climbing walking running swimming I think why can't Sims 5 do it in a much smaller world with more AI interaction behaviors that are much greater.

* Animals like squirrels, birds, and fishes that run about wooded/water areas.

* Editable lots sizes.

* Make sure there a complete base construction system. That means Fully adjustable columns, completely adjustable stairs included Spirals, as I've seen them mentioned in the YouTube discussions sites, to save space - agree with them, and ladders.

* And Editable swathes (like in Sims 3), or at least RBG color wheel to edit color pattern. for game construction items - not CC.
    Make the next Sims 5 CC friendly by providing an easy to 3-D blender item integrating system. With updates to it. Sims 3 and 4 saw how a rich creative fan base (thousands of items) made the game so much more playable, has kept an interest in its continued existence and growth when large gaps in creative item additions and styles were limited.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/01/26/more-information-on-the-development-of-the-sims-5/

The more I hear the more bad it sounds. Cross platform on tablet, Mobile and console.... i just don't see how it can have the complexity of sims 2 and 3 that people want on my android.....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(