The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you handle story progression without mccc?

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
edited January 2021 in General Mods Discussion
Does mccc causes your game to run slower and hotter than usual? (i'm a laptop user)
I've tried to use it (again) for story progression, but for the second time my game is running slower and my laptop got hot as hell. I'm almost sure it's because of mccc...
Any of you had the same experience?
How do you handle story progression without this mod, for a legacy play?
Post edited by texxx78 on

Comments

• CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    When I used a laptop, I had a lot of mods, MCCC included, and my laptop didn't run any hotter or slower because of them. Unsure why yours is doing that, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

To handle story progression without a mod, you'll have to go into each household individually and either play out their progression or use cheats to do it. I use cheats to add progression for minor households in my game by artificially increasing their career level, their skill levels, maybe add new skills, add a kid to the household and age them up, etc. Just so they're all caught up, and I don't have to play out all that progress myself.
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    When I used a laptop, I had a lot of mods, MCCC included, and my laptop didn't run any hotter or slower because of them. Unsure why yours is doing that, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

To handle story progression without a mod, you'll have to go into each household individually and either play out their progression or use cheats to do it. I use cheats to add progression for minor households in my game by artificially increasing their career level, their skill levels, maybe add new skills, add a kid to the household and age them up, etc. Just so they're all caught up, and I don't have to play out all that progress myself.

Thank you! I've just started to add some kids via household manager.
    My laptop is kind of old... after i took out mccc it stoped getting so hot... maybe that's why there's no story progression in the game. It's too much for older computers. I could hear the laptop doing a great effort to run the game with it.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I don't have mccc so I just rotate.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play with all the families myself. I don't really like what MCCC does for story progression anyway.
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    I didn't have MCC until after I was in the 4th generation of trying out the Disney Challenge So maybe a couple years after I got the game. I basically just did what CherryBerryCloud said. Basically only played non-main household (other than upgrading them, aging kids, etc) when trying to find them an SO and get a few good shots. The rest of the townies were basically left alone, though. It was just descendant families and such. Even after MCC, I still do this sometimes, because I sort of feel how Sharonia does. Again, mostly just for relatives and such. I get attached to these Sims and families and I want to see them do well. I won't micro-manage enough to keep the game stagnant and keep them from dieing from things (if it unfortunately comes to that) other than old age, but I at least want to set them up. Also to fix CAS. Even without CC in the game, sometimes they end up with questionable outfits.....

Also, with the overheating thing I think it may be your older laptop like you said. I had an old laptop when I was playing Sims 3. It would make all kinds of whirring noises and get quite hot (and this was without a single CC or mod), and I had to play it with a fan underneath my laptop. My current one is getting old by technology standards, but it still handles quite well. Sometimes loading is a bit slower, and my PC snob bf is like "Do you not have a solid state?!" ("uh... Sims is the only game I play that makes my system actually work....?"), but I still deal well. I pop on here or scroll FB or something.. lol
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin