Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else enjoy playing without cc or mods?

1235...Next

Comments

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    No cc, but I do use MCCC for population control and the prevention of weirdly dressed pear-shaped sims being generated by the game.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    I used to ruin my Sims 2 and 3 games with way too much CC that would always end up bugging out, but I'm playing Sims 4 on PS4 so I had the option taken away from me and I think the game has enough clothing, hairstyle and customisation options to still make it fun without being repetitive. Especially now the gallery is open to all so we can share creations!
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I play on the console, so the game is Vanilla, because it doesn't allow CC or Mods.
    It just makes me have to think of creative ways to make a Sim. If I am making one based on a character, I just have to look through the items I have and work with it.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I enjoy playing a "mostly vanilla" experience... Sometimes I use CC, but generally I don't use much if any for CAS and the only mod I use is MCCC for the sake of story progression since I play through generations 10+. I love having a large family tree and the mod really helps with that :)
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I only have two mods. One is Meaningful Stories because I want negative emotions to have more weight to them and the other...is a LittleMsSam's small mod that makes it so that dishwashers can add more dishes before being used.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2021
    I could play without CC, the Build and buy and CAS are actually great in vanilla. But for gameplay I couldn't, mainly because of the terrible emotion system. If the emotions were fixed, I could probably enjoy playing the vanilla game. I use a lot of gameplay mods, but the emotions is probably one of the things that bothers me the most in unmodded game.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    After trying to use mccc (again) and watching my laptop get almost ready to fry eggs (again) im really considering to go full vanilla.

Check your laptop. Obviously you have a problem of ventilation. MCCC doesnt cause extra heat LOL. And even if it could force the game engine to grab more resources it will still not be even enough to cause high temps lol.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    I use a HUGE amount of CC and Mods (32.7gb and counting) in my game. But I have a save that is strictly no cheats, no mods. So, if I plan to play in that save, all that gets turned off, including using testingcheats on and bb.moveobjects, no money cheats, nothing. I do really enjoy playing that way sometimes, just the simple vanilla game. It's actually very relaxing.

Mods have nothing to do with using cheats... mods are used to enrich the gaming experience, not to cheat. Most people play just vanilla with some CC and MCCC. That is vanilla, not anything else.
  • bluehydrengaebluehydrengae Posts: 29 Member
    i downloaded some CC and sometimes upload it to my game to see the outfits but never play with them. original stuff feels more natural to me.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I used so much CC and mods in S3 that I promised myself that if I went to S4, I'd play it clean. So far, so good.
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2021
    No, I use to play vanilla (no mods or cc) and then discovered mods and cc. I can't do without MC command center that causes story progression (something the game should have). And Meaningful Stories helps to keep their emotions from being bipolar. Attraction system, chemistry etc. Things that give sims personality. Even as something as the ability to get drunk and drink alcohol not juice, the game is too childish at times. The slice of mod mod gives each sim a different personality and they act in a unique way. As for CC, is use lots because I like to dress my sims up and cc provides variety of clothes, makeup, hairs that help me create a sim where I have a certain imagine or a style in mind. I can't say that I would go back to not having any of that, thus I wait for the updated mods before updating the game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Tantalus wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    After trying to use mccc (again) and watching my laptop get almost ready to fry eggs (again) im really considering to go full vanilla.

Check your laptop. Obviously you have a problem of ventilation. MCCC doesnt cause extra heat LOL. And even if it could force the game engine to grab more resources it will still not be even enough to cause high temps lol.

It surely is a problem with my laptop being old. But mccc and all big mods do make the computer work harder which ultimately makes it hotter.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I played the orginal The Sims for 15 years without mods and cc. Only could play Sims 4 for 6 months before requiring mods to fix bugs. I also only use maxis match for recolors.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    You see I'm the poor sod that plays on console and cant get mods 🤣, I do enjoy playing my game though without them and it does save me from myself, I got the sims 3 on pc and I constantly broke my game with cc 😂, the sims and house look lovely without cc and my game is just one massive soap opera with vampires, witches and aliens, I create alot of drama lol
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i play with cc but thats
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I used so much CC and mods in S3 that I promised myself that if I went to S4, I'd play it clean. So far, so good.

im actually the opposite- im so againt cc in sims 3 cuz i never rlly liked how it looked so i just use what's came in the packs and store which imo look pretty decent most of the time for me but rlly the main reason is just cuz of how it looks and sims 3 being sims 3 cant run on a nasa computer without lagging. although with sims 4, dont get me wrong the cas that comes with the dlc is great and i always use it i do have some mm cc installed simply cuz of just how well made it is. it feels like the real deal its insane
  • br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    I don’t use CC or mods because I learnt my lesson with sims 3 and am trying to live minimally :D

Also the gallery is amazing, so much talent in builds and sims using in game CAS, really kudos to them.
    Nowadays am too busy to remember to move things every time I want to play following an update

In sims 2 I made CC

Sims 3 couldn’t play without cc got obsessed, the sims pudding faces were so ugly... there was the store too... it all got too much for my computer, endless consumption lol
  • br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Literally this was me too haha