Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal stuff-Will they nerf it?

2...Next

Comments

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    There should be no need to nerf it. The only way to experience the haunting is to set the lot type to haunted house, which if you do, then it's your own fault. You can use every item from build/buy and CAS without ever seeing the paranormal aspect of this pack, so there should be no reason for any complaints. If anyone does complain, then they are doing it just to be complaining.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    We've been told that houses grow gradually more haunted over time. But you can also commune with the spirits to keep it low. I'll put money on people saying it gets too much too fast though.

You can turn the haunted lot trait off, and also I think Haunted Lots have special traits, so if you're finding their traits are too heavy for you, change the traits.

These are the same people who voted for Laundry and then wanted it nerfing. I've tried laundry but my Sims are just too stupid to be able to handle laundry AND a job. But if you don't have washing machines, you don't get dirty laundry, so much for realism.

A little off topic and I never voted for laundry, but I did buy the pack and it just doesn't work that well for me anymore. I play vanilla, so it should function as well as it is going to. It is in all of my builds, so I mess with it fairly often, and it seems to have gotten more and more broken.

I think the first balancing problem was with hot and cold outfits. My sims change a lot more often with Seasons. Then IL and the improvement of water and addition of water activities. Have you ever tried to play off the grid in Sulani? I cannot keep sims from going in and out of the water all day. I had four different clotheslines and still couldn't keep up with six sims. Third, EL added ladders. Neither laundry nor trash go up and down them so you need to build a self contained ecosystem. It was the biggest headache of my first EL playthrough.

Finally, most recently, I think laundry just bugs out sometimes. Beyond carrying the bags upside down, my Sims flat out cannot add all the hampers' clothes into the washer at a time anymore. There seems to be major limits on how much can go in a load now (or it is bugged out), leaving me with three stinking hampers I cannot do anything with because I prioritize cleaning the floor.

So in regards to nerfing laundry, I think it just needs a rework in general because it is not working for me. I cannot imagine what can happen to players with mods.