Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited December 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    [He was already waiting for giving CPR even before the sim passed out. He knew what spot the sim would be collapsed. He was genius.
    Yeah sorry, but I don't think it takes a genius to see what was "really" going on there. o:)
    Yeah I know I was being sarcastic! ^^ Anyway, I didn’t know I don’t have to do CPR before.

• jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I recently found out that the family dog can jump on your sim's bed and wake them up! Sometimes it's annoying as the sim really needs to sleep.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited December 2020
    Sims can get wishes of their children to join/reach certain career levels! Noticed when my Sim with the Emperor of Evil LTW wanted their evil child to also reach that rank.
    K8n80jM.png
    It's also a whole whopping 20k lifetime points!
    L9q8VGi.png
    edited December 2020
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Sims can get wishes of their children to join/reach certain career levels! Noticed when my Sim with the Emperor of Evil LTW wanted their evil child to also reach that rank.
    K8n80jM.png

I usually see most of my parent sims always want to see their kids have genius trait, and they want their kids to become a doctor or a scientist even though they are in music career. :D Not the certain level but almost top level of those careers! Now I'm comfortably deleting those wishes unless the parent sims terribly need a big happiness points. :)

@jaletu2005 My pets are always doing that everyday. So I just let them sleep on bed beside their parent sim. then I ask them to go for a hunt next morning while their parent sim is still in sleep.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    did not know these existed. :o
    Screenshot-3.jpg

You can get that gnome food with into the future expansion pack I think.

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Screenshot-3.jpg

You can get that gnome food with into the future expansion pack I think.

I have never seen my sim make those before.XD This was the first time.lol
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    K8n80jM.png
    Whoa, I’ve never seen that first moodlet before. Where is it from?
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    In all the time I've played with cats in my households, I never knew they could play in the bathtub, until my current sim's cat headed into the bathroom just after his human went to bed.

9wR4Fi1.jpg
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited December 2020
    So the Outdoor Living stuffpack telescope mentions Morrigan Hemlock in both name and description. I know, it's a very random thing to mention but I found it hilarious simply because its fun to notice when object catalog descriptions mention someone I remember/recogonise.
    PEpQdzS.png
    yhPdsdm.png
    Morrigan Hemlock on the Morrigan Telescope. Best stuffpack ever.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    :)

Using a taxi in the rain, it leaves water marks when driving.
    :) Smile!

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Player's own house can be invaded by spirit and the ghostbuster sims will automatically visit and banish the spirit.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Player's own house can be invaded by spirit and the ghostbuster sims will automatically visit and banish the spirit.

I just had one of those when I started a new game yesterday. I got the option for them to banish the spirits, but I had never had that challenge before so I decided to try it. I made friends with 2 of the 3 ghosts that spawned there with their tombstones on the lot and it was fun working around them and talking to them during the day or so that they were around! Now, I'm trying to see if the "Oh My Ghost!" opportunity will show up since I've got the tombstones in my sim's personal inventory now.
    izecson wrote: »

I just had one of those when I started a new game yesterday. I got the option for them to banish the spirits, but I had never had that challenge before so I decided to try it. I made friends with 2 of the 3 ghosts that spawned there with their tombstones on the lot and it was fun working around them and talking to them during the day or so that they were around! Now, I'm trying to see if the "Oh My Ghost!" opportunity will show up since I've got the tombstones in my sim's personal inventory now.

It's not the challenge, what I meant was spirit invasion like in ghostbuster career, with casper model and such. my sims just finished getting his award for being ghostbuster from city hall and when he came home his house has been invaded by spirit as well, he can banish but another ghostbuster(co-worker) came instead.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @izecson Ooh okay. I see. Well, that's still kind of neat in my opinion. :smile:
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Here's something I just learned. One Sim can start cooking a meal (using the stove) and another one can finish it :o . Since I don't have my Sims leave the stove when cooking, I didn't even know this was a doable thing.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Here's something I just learned. One Sim can start cooking a meal (using the stove) and another one can finish it :o . Since I don't have my Sims leave the stove when cooking, I didn't even know this was a doable thing.

Just make sure you have someone else to finish it. Leaving a pot on the stove will start a fire! :) And the sim taking over has to have enough cooking skill to make the dish as well, or it will come out horrible.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited January 2021

This is actually pretty useful, sometime my Sims is gotta poop while cooking dish so I just leave it at the stove for him to do his business first then the food will be ready by the time he finished. If he's not pooping fast enough the food will be horrifying quality at best, or catch a fire at worse.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

Just make sure you have someone else to finish it. Leaving a pot on the stove will start a fire! :) And the sim taking over has to have enough cooking skill to make the dish as well, or it will come out horrible.

Yeah, that's very important. A long time ago, one of my married female sims was cooking and went into labor. Her husband had no cooking skill, and wasn't even able to remove the pot from the stove. I didn't know at that time that they didn't actually have to go to the hospital, so off they went. It started a fire while they were gone, but thankfully, they had a smoke alarm, and the fire department came and put it out.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @KevinL5275 - Thanks. I wasn't aware the replacement cook had to be skilled enough to make the dish. That's really good to know.
    So my sims had a string of bad luck with the scraptronic workbench, he(or the bench) kept setting himself on fire more than 4 times

Screenshot-301.jpg

and Immediately after shower, he got this wish.. he was like "Now im gonna sell you useless piece of junk, just you watch!!"

Screenshot_183.png

It's something that I just recently know that wish can be so this detailed than I thought.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @izecson - That one is hilarious!

I've drawn the wish IRL to sell all my computers several times over the past few months (never mind the triggering causes). But I'm going to have a really challenging time explaining to my employer how I'm planning to continue doing my network management/support job during lockdowns using an Etch A Sketch. :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @izecson Ha ha! :joy: That's hilarious!!

Btw, your interface looks pretty cool! :) Is that cc or are you playing the 64 bit version on the Mac and EA changed it? :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »
    @izecson Ha ha! :joy: That's hilarious!!

Btw, your interface looks pretty cool! :) Is that cc or are you playing the 64 bit version on the Mac and EA changed it? :p

@emorrill Haha, thanks!

I use this mod after stumbling upon someone posting their screenshot on Sims 3 subreddit

https://justmiha97.tumblr.com/post/185875240687/the-progress-on-my-current-ui-project-live-mode
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited January 2021
    igazor wrote: »
    @izecson - That one is hilarious!

I've drawn the wish IRL to sell all my computers several times over the past few months (never mind the triggering causes). But I'm going to have a really challenging time explaining to my employer how I'm planning to continue doing my network management/support job during lockdowns using an Etch A Sketch. :D

I'm sure there's a way...but unfortunately, the only plans that I could come up with were this for computerized drawing...and requires the retention of at least ONE computer. :mrgreen:

https://www.instructables.com/Computer-Controlled-Etch-a-Sketch/

...and I'm sure that doesn't help in that network management/support is completely different from computer graphics.

Sorry. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top