Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone make their own custom save files?

FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
I love the save files made by people like Lilsimsie, but I run into the problem that I'm far from having all the packs, so I can't use them. Life is too short to track down naked hairless sims and broken builds. So I've been working on my own custom save for about a year now off and on. I'm constantly updating it. I just finished Windenburg! Yay! I do use mods and CC, but I build the save vanilla because I move CC in and out of my game on the slightest whim. Do you have your own custom save file for your own use?
HcmCUds.jpg
Life needs an undo button.
Post edited by FatTribble23 on

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I have one completely empty save, that I plan on populating and building up. Then another with all made-over premades, lots of my own sims and fav sims from the Gallery. That ones basicially finished, except a few empty lots to fill. I've not re-built what was already there, and none of the pre-mades had their houses improved....yet.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am working on my own save for months now. I created about 150 sims so far and slowly redoing all of the worlds. It keeps me interested and let's me having fun with the game when I would usually get burned out on it. I switch between playing, building and creating sims and it is just much more immersive for me when all the sims I meet are my own creations and they visit builds made by me. If I enjoyed playing with premades I would probably use other people saves for time reasons XD
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have one empty save. Just to buldoze everything it took me a long time 😅 but i've actually only used it once... it's really hard work to make a custom save and most of the time i've started one i've ended not liking it too much and deleting the file alltogether...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sort of, in every save I go around remaking the premade sims and replacing the built in lots with ones I find on the gallery but I don't have a specific remodelled save file
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I use my own save files. One where I gave the premades make overs, one with legacies, one supernatural/star wars themed, an empty save, and one with my favorite sims of all time. I find that I don't enjoy playing other people's saves or sims. So, I have all these saves and have them backed up so I don't lose them.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    What is a custom save file? I play my game and that’s it. The idea of playing other people’s saves seems odd to me.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I never thought of playing with another person's save file. I play and build my own save and that's it. It's mostly CC free, but I don't think I'll ever finish. I'm not that much into building lots and I always go back and rework what I have already made instead of focussing on building new lots.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have a few custom saves.

I have a build only save (which has all the EA builds in it), a completely empty save (no sims or buildings) for when I want to start from scratch, a 'sims 3 in sims 4' save, and a few different set-ups with custom sims and custom builds to start from.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    Hm, no I don't have a save file intended for others, besides there is probably little point n me sharing as most builds etc are random in style and features. But this thread reminds me of a save I shared including a CC TS3 world, which included a mystery story to explore. I'd love doing that again, but not quite sure how to hide anything as we don't have the same possibility for triggers that we had with World Adventure labyrinths.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I play with Limsimsie's and Plumbella's save files.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    I am working on my own save for months now. I created about 150 sims so far and slowly redoing all of the worlds. It keeps me interested and let's me having fun with the game when I would usually get burned out on it. I switch between playing, building and creating sims and it is just much more immersive for me when all the sims I meet are my own creations and they visit builds made by me. If I enjoyed playing with premades I would probably use other people saves for time reasons XD
    I didn't replace the premades in my save file, but I did give them makeovers. And deleted some particularly annoying ones. I'm also not a builder, so when I replaced all the houses (ALL OF THEM) it was with lots downloaded from the gallery. I have a tester sim that I place down to do a quick run through to make sure the houses aren't too cluttered, unroutable, etc. That said I have placed down some of the sims I've created, some as singles and some as couples and families. I always get a kick out of running into them too! I'm impressed that you created 150 sims! Wow! I think I have like 25 or something haha.
    Onverser wrote: »
    Sort of, in every save I go around remaking the premade sims and replacing the built in lots with ones I find on the gallery but I don't have a specific remodelled save file
    I used to do the exact thing, but with my start-over-itis, I realized it'd be much simpler to make a blank save and then just make over those sims and place those builds once instead of with every new save. A real time saver! And I do get bored with the builds sometimes and replace them with new ones.
    I use my own save files. One where I gave the premades make overs, one with legacies, one supernatural/star wars themed, an empty save, and one with my favorite sims of all time. I find that I don't enjoy playing other people's saves or sims. So, I have all these saves and have them backed up so I don't lose them.
    Wow, all those different saves! Just doing one was good enough for me haha. I'm lazy. :| I have my save back up too, on a cloud, on my desktop and on an EHD. Can't be too careful with something you've worked so hard on!
    netney52 wrote: »
    What is a custom save file? I play my game and that’s it. The idea of playing other people’s saves seems odd to me.
    It's just a save you've gone in and edited to make it to your liking. Then save it as something like Slot_00000999 or something so you don't overwrite it.
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I never thought of playing with another person's save file. I play and build my own save and that's it. It's mostly CC free, but I don't think I'll ever finish. I'm not that much into building lots and I always go back and rework what I have already made instead of focussing on building new lots.
    Ahh, Bienchen I love your mods! ::Fangirls wildly:: Since I don't build at all, I just go in and replace lots when I get bored. But yeah I also have just the one. More than that I don't think I could handle.
    Hm, no I don't have a save file intended for others, besides there is probably little point n me sharing as most builds etc are random in style and features. But this thread reminds me of a save I shared including a CC TS3 world, which included a mystery story to explore. I'd love doing that again, but not quite sure how to hide anything as we don't have the same possibility for triggers that we had with World Adventure labyrinths.
    I'm sorry, I didn't intend to imply making a save to share, more like making a save for your own use because you can't use other people's saves. I'm bad at expressing myself sometimes. I'd like to plead English isn't my first language, but yeah it is LOL. I'll edit my first post. Your Sims 3 save sounds awesome! Yeah, you could do a lot with WA, couldn't you. I don't even have Jungle Adventures because it just seemed kind of watered down to me. Maybe I'll try it out when I get my new computer.

Thanks so much everyone for responding. I gave everyone an awesome. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't have the time or patience to create my own save file but I love to use other people's saves who have renovated all worlds and either created or remade all of the townies and gave them back stories.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I made a few of my own. I have one called Decades in which I use when I want to start another Decades challenge. I have another one made that I use when I don't mind starting in "modern day."
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I enjoy creating custom saves, myself. Mainly because I love creating sims in CAS and building. It's very relaxing and fun. It allows me to know what is working in builds and how some mods interact with each other. I always use my custom saves after I have tested the game vanilla after a major update. I should probably do a custom save one day just to actually play in it for real.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Yeah! I made one that gives the premades more background and story! (It's the one in my signature lol)

I'm thinking about making a personal one for world-building challenges.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I have one that I've begun to use as the basis for all my new saves. It started out as a sort of breeding experiment in a save I made solely for the purpose of impregnating as many pre-mades as I could with one sim (created by me) selected for his excellent genetic potential. When I began that one I had no plans to take it further, but as things progressed I saw new potential in the progeny of the experiment. I weeded out the pre-mades, aged up and split some of the households into new ones, and saved to my library the new households that resulted. Most of the progeny were too closely related (half-siblings or 1st cousins) to continue procreation in that save, but in a new save the relationships aren't preserved unless they're in the same household, so... That's when the starter save began.

In the new save I recreated some of the original relationships of the new progeny with the newly made-over pre-mades. For example, in the new save Judith Ward is almost an elder, and she has a daughter who is in the process of taking over Judith's position as the reigning queen of the cinema, and the daughter is also a single mother. Her little boy may or may not become an actor someday.

I didn't import my original baby-daddy, and I left many of the relationships ambiguous so that I could later easily alter them according to whatever my needs might be in any given iteration of the save. The new save currently has 278 starting sims (a bit less than half are aged-up and made-over pre-mades). The original experimental save lasted a couple of real-time weeks, and a few sim weeks (I artificially aged up many of the sims along the way). The new base save took a couple more weeks to get set up. I didn't do any rebuilding in it, as I never know what I might want from one save to another, but I did replace a few commercial venues with some of my favorite saved builds.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)