Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Here To Praise Sentiments

I am loving this feature so much! Example, Jesse who is a outdoors, people person and frequent traveler lifestyles. He is a champion snowboarder and skier and is working on rock climbing. He is pretty much energized and very energized but yet is very much in control. He does things in que and doesn't go running off somewhere to workout. I wondered about that, then recognized the "emotional mindful" icon and then figured out he's not working out constantly! How awesome is that?

There are other examples of the emotionally mindful. Others have posted that the shared sentiments is not good. I have 2 sims who are inseparable and when one of them crashed and burned at the easy slope, he was there for her. I love this! <3

Anybody else have any emotionally mindful examples?
In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    So, is it about sentiments (the relationship feature) or being emotionally mindful feature?

One thing I like about the emotionally mindful feature is that it can also be triggered by spa equipment.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love both! After taking a break from sims after snowy escape I'm back earlier than planned for this new pack 😅 so I don't have much experience with sentiments but from what ittle I did play I love it!!! And the sim profiles. My two brothers adore eachother and are always there for eachother just the way I imagined them before sentiments 😁

I love the emotionally mindful too. I'm surprized no one is talking about it. I only saw some people hating on it saying it's a positive emotion we didn't need but that's not exactly what it is. It seems more like a way to balance emotions and keep your sim neutral. Just like your sim was.
    My emotionally mindful sim is not always pouting or stomping or doing push ups or sighing into the air or other dramatic things. He seems... at peace..😌 I'm excited to explore this farther.

And I like the surge emotion feature too! It gives you more control.

I'm glad you mentioned this I wonder what others think about it....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I don't really understand the emotionally mindful, what triggers it? Some of my sims seems to get it randomly after I got snowy escape? As a moodlet I like it, neutral is good.

I'm really in love with the sentiments this far. Most of the time they're just spot on and they add depth to relationships.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Oh I'm so glad there are other simmers who have noticed this. Right now I'm hung up on playing Jesse who is lvl 10 snowboarder and skier...I love to watch him fly down the ludicris slope on high intensity. <3 There are some excellent animations there!

I have always wanted the sims to be more mindful of their emotions and so it seems the dev team have hit the proverbial nail on the head, for me at least. Much more fun to play now!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I don't really understand the emotionally mindful, what triggers it? Some of my sims seems to get it randomly after I got snowy escape? As a moodlet I like it, neutral is good.

I'm really in love with the sentiments this far. Most of the time they're just spot on and they add depth to relationships.

I am playing right now and happen to be playing a sim making a living as a painter.
    She is constantly getting the emotionally mindful moodlet from painting. She was vacationing in Sulani and painting from reference.
    While she is in Sulani, she is stealing Leila Illes from Oliana Ngata. (Yeah, she is a homewrecker >:) )
    She used Emotional Surge to launch herself into a flirty mood.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I haven't played with emotionally mindful yet, likely because since I rotate, I don't have as many sims who accrue lifestyles.

I do really like the sentiments. They are random and different so not all relationships seem the same. You can pursue a sentiment or let it be. I find myself wondering when some sims are going to get sentiments from interacting together but being surprised is a good thing. It's also interesting that they fade and you can either view that as significant or not.

I mostly see sentiments develop between family members, romantic interests and close friends. It adds another layer to dating for the sims because I can take the sentiments into account if a sim is trying to decide between several. I've seen some one-sided interaction. I've also seen different types of romance which is noticeable when you rotate. You can decide what type of relationship matters to a sim.

There are also more complex family dynamics from that. For example, I have a household where the dad clearly bonds with the daughter and the mother bonds with the son. That lets me come up with a more complicated family dynamic. They're a happy family but some people are closer with each other than others. You'll also see sentiments develop as family members interact even when they live in different households.

It's a good change.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.