Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All the Baby Icons are black skinned

Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
anyone else or just me? I noticed it first when looking through my unplayed households. Everyone who had a baby had the darkest skin tone baby in the pictures. Then I had twins with 2 blue skinned kids and wondered by from the icon they had dark skinned black babies but he babies were actually blue. A second set of twins were born and their icon was white but after a Sim hour or so their icons had also turned to black. They have black skin on the family tree too. It only seems to be in the infant stage right now but I am wondering why it's happening.

Comments

• BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, I have this, too. I haven't checked it without mods yet, so I don't know if it's because of a mod or not. I don't have any mods that affects babies, though...
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • bluehydrengaebluehydrengae Posts: 29 Member
    i thought it was just me. i had a light skin baby but in the icon he had dark skin. maybe it's because of the skin tone update
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I have this too! Thought it was just my game being wonky since the sim babies in question were aliens and spellcasters.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Think it's a new bug from the latest patch, I've seen tons of people say the same in the past two days.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yeah I have this too. I tried repair my game two times and it's still the same.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    Yes, I've notice this too.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I also have the same bug! When you go into the household the baby is appropriately skinned however.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Just noticed this today as well, though I have had weird baby glitches due to my baby skin overlay and also my invisible bassinet, though it appears that this might not be related to that if a lot of people are experiencing it?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    If you haven’t played the household since the skin tone update that’s why it looks like that. The game isn’t sure what tone to assign to the preview. Once you load the household your baby should look normal in game, and once you leave the household they will look normal in the preview.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Haven't played with babies since the update, but now I have to see this.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    If you haven’t played the household since the skin tone update that’s why it looks like that. The game isn’t sure what tone to assign to the preview. Once you load the household your baby should look normal in game, and once you leave the household they will look normal in the preview.

This was a household I was actively planning when the babies were born after the update, so I don't think that would have fixed the issue in that household.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Same. The baby was black in its icon, but lightly-tanned in person. When he became a toddler, he was somewhere in the middle of those two tones.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited January 2021
    It's gotta be a fairly recent patch then. I had a very dark-skin baby that turned very pinkish-white (practically albino) when she aged up to toddler.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    New bug with the update, there is an bug report for it. Just press the me too.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Baby-icon-household-picture-different-colour-than-Sim/td-p/9983440
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

no its not that I had babies born in a new save no cc or mods and it still happened
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Yeah I have had this too. I am assuming it is something to do with the skin tone update.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I wonder if it is because of the debug baby object changing having something to do with it that happened a few patches ago.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I'm having this, too. Babies look "normal" in crib, but the icon is one of the darkest skin tones available. I have not found a single lighter skin baby with a correct skin tone icon yet. I noticed for the first time 1-2 days ago, so yes, it might very likely be from the latest patch.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Same here I have just repaired my game to see if that fixes it
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2021

No, my sim just had a baby and its avatar in the family panel was dark skinned. I was actively playing at the time. I never looked at the preview, though.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Wow. I had no idea that others were experiencing this. My Sim family just had their sixth and final child. Her own skintones are correct (unlike a previous problem) but her icon shows her as Black. At first, it startled me. I had to go back and look at the baby again. She's light skinned like the rest of her family, so I guess that let's Kayleigh off of the hook. LOL But, yeah. I don't have other families that have given birth recently. So, I just have the one incident to report. Yikes. If it's not one thing, it's another. But, I do love this game. Still.

Ditto @Iceyj. I've been playing this household for months, exclusively. Only rarely do I pop over into their relatives' households to either add a child via CAS or a pregnancy via MCCC just to make sure they aren't left behind. But, mostly I play Erik's household. And I was playing such when his sixth and final child was born. Her icon is showing her to be very dark-skinned.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Happened to me as well. I thought it had something to do with the fact that they're purple but seemingly no.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yep noticed it 2 days ago and it definitely isn’t mod related as I have no mods or cc. So it must be a bug since the recent update. I actually initially wondered if it was from the skin tone update as I haven’t played that household in a while and the only other household I have which has a baby is a mixed race household so the baby skin tone is black when she was born.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I wonder if it is because of the debug baby object changing having something to do with it that happened a few patches ago.

Up until this latest patch I have not experienced this problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/