Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of Sims 5?

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    What grinds my gears is how people who are so eager for Sims 5 clearly know nothing about how video games are made. They seem to think that the Sims 4 Team is one single team working on all three packs at once, and that they would be the ones to work on Sims 5, and that they would have time to work on Sims 4 and Sims 5 at the same time. They certainly don't understand how hard it is to build a game engine.

Huh? Maybe I am misunderstanding what you’re trying to say, but we have seen how the transition between Sims games works with Maxis/EA not once, nor twice, but three times before..

From what I have seen, they hire many new developers for the development of the new base game alone. The hiring process starts slow, but increases a ton throughout development. Some of the new devs end up staying long term, others are just there for the base game only. Many of the existing devs/gurus of the current iteration stay back developing the current Sims game. Others are cherry-picked to transition teams when development ramps up to work on the next Sims game with their experience (cough- likely SimGuruGrant for The Sims 5 right now).

When the new base game is near completion, the existing gurus will either leave Maxis or join the next base game’s team for polishing/future DLC development before the existing Sims game finally reaches end of life.

You're totally misunderstanding me. I know all of this is true, as opposed to people who want EA/Maxis to hurry Sims 5 on out.

People THINK that EA/Maxis will hire the entire Sims 5 team at once to develop it all at once, then they'll stay on forever, when in fact the game will need to work out their new engine, if they have one, and their new art style, if they have one, and new music if they have one, and work out what will work together and what they can do with it in the future expansion for YEARS TO COME. And not kill each other while getting to know each other.

Sims 4 has made their engine so that they can expand on it and they're STILL working out what it can do with Terrain Manipulation and Districts and Seasons.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I completely agree with this too, yes the sims 4 will eventually end but I dont want it too end like how it is the now, they are probably spoiled rich kids or rich people wanting the sims 5 now 🤣

Im definitely not spoiled or rich 😂 I still want Sims 5 though lol;;

Maybe my comment was a tad too much 🤣 but we have all spent hundreds on this game, I ...

It is a tad annoying some people are keep going on about the sims 5 when we spent soo much money on this game that still has bare bones of a base game @StrawberryYogurt

Oh no totally ive spent like $40 bucks on it lol maybe you were the rich one all along 😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I completely agree with this too, yes the sims 4 will eventually end but I dont want it too end like how it is the now, they are probably spoiled rich kids or rich people wanting the sims 5 now 🤣

Maybe my comment was a tad too much 🤣 but we have all spent hundreds on this game, I ...

It is a tad annoying some people are keep going on about the sims 5 when we spent soo much money on this game that still has bare bones of a base game @StrawberryYogurt

Oh no totally ive spent like $40 bucks on it lol maybe you were the rich one all along 😂

More like a hard working, working class citizen 😂😂 I wish i was rich @StrawberryYogurt
    edited January 2021
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I thank everyone for their contributions, but I think this got off topic pretty fast. My question was your thoughts on being inundated with Sims 5 speculation, desires, and opinions since Sims 4's launch and how you can or cannot be burnt out on the topic without any proper information fuel from the devs.

Instead, it seems to have become another debate on what vision people want from 5. Ironically, one of the very things I mentioned being tired of.

So is this thread meant to be anything constructive or just here so you can tell people what you're tired of?

At least s/he was polite about it. And presumably it's simply meant to be a discussion to help measure if other people feel similar to him/her. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Instead, it seems to have become another debate on what vision people want from 5. Ironically, one of the very things I mentioned being tired of.

Oh yeah they clarified and it makes much sense. All im saying is you cant expect people not to talk about Sims 5 in a thread about Sims 5 lol

More like a hard working, working class citizen 😂😂 I wish i was rich @StrawberryYogurt

Have you tried using Motherlode? 😎

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member

Have you tried using Motherlode? 😎

If only in real life you get rich just like that 😂, no family and friends are the true wealth in life
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    Genkider wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    People always complaining and comparing TS4 to the previous games is what brings me down more than people talking about a possible TS5. A while back it had me questioning my own preferences and I felt like a I was doing something wrong for enjoying the Sims 4. It’s not so bad on here mind you but on Twitter it’s actually awful. There is so much hate, negativity and constant complaining about what the old games had that TS4 doesn’t. I unfollowed a lot of the overly negative people recently as they were really starting to ruin my enjoyment of the game.

Yeah even when they do good stuff people still find something to complain about like Bonehilda finally was brought back but everyone just went on about the coffin she lacked (which doesn't really affect gameplay), it's a full cycle of bashing the game constantly (which might be with good reason or not but the point being that it's usually done in a condescending way that gets old pretty fast). Even now the Sims 4 is being somewhat "compared" to a hypothetical Sims 5 that doesn't exist yet like ???
    That's the mainly the reason why I am a bit tired of the Sims 5 topic in general, it usually starts with people sharing what they want to see in the game and ends with people arguing about why Sims 4 is the worst (or best) game in the franchise, it's like every path leads to "let's bash the sims 4".

Amen to this. This is actually much more annoying than the sims 5 stuff. And the constant comparison to the "paralives" that doesn't exist 😂😂😂 and on Twitter they scream about how much better paralives is. It's so....weird...😐
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I hardly click any ts5 threads. I don't want to move my focus onto a new series (which I post likely won't join anyway), as I am still enjoying TS4 very much. I do expect many more packs for TS4, and I am surprised how little affect the latest 10 additions had on game performance + me adding tons of cc. I also suspect there might be no TS5 , and frankly I don't quite see how this game can be improved enough to make most of the TS4 community beg to start all over from scratch. TS4 will obviously not last for decades to come, but I think EA might like to come up with something totally new and different, rather than copying the old series - once again.

This is exactly how I feel. It's not that I hate on ts5 or anything but I really don't want to hear about it constantly and how much better the old games were when I'm here to have fun and enjoy the current ts4. If it comes, it comes when it comes.

And I always praise ts4 for how stable and lag free it is. I literally own every pack and have my 30000 peices of cc and reshade,mods with 0 issues. It makes me happy and I'm proud to say that over and over. They deserve the credit.
    Well... after so much cc I'm starting to get longer load screens but I'm going to merge cc soon because I can't eliminate 😅😅 I've been adding and adding for years. This game can definitely handle more packs!!
    @Chicklet453681 😂😂😂😂😂😂 you literally summed up the whole community in a nutshell. I even saw myself in there somewhere
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Calico45 my apologies I never meant to go off topic. I agree with you I get fed up of seeing sims 5 threads and my original point I wanted to make is that I don’t think it will be the hype everyone thinks it will be.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Personally, I don't mind the TS5 topics or discussions any more than all of the other threads that always have the same topics creep up

Free the Babies
    Where's the Cars
    Give us Generations
    Where are my Werewolves
    When are Dragons coming
    Update the Personalities
    We need Wants/Fears
    We're lacking most of the Occults from the older games
    We need a Music Pack
    I hope the next pack is Farming
    We need Hotels/Resorts pack
    Bring back Fairies and Genies
    Improve Mermaids, Ghosts, Plantsims, and Aliens
    Give us matching kitchen cabinets
    The swatches never match
    When are we getting better romance and a wedding pack
    We need bunk beds and spiral stairs
    Family game play is lacking
    We don't need more occults
    We need more realistic packs
    Fix the bugs

I often skip going to threads that I have no interest in discussing or the topic does not interest me (such as most things that I listed). My true wants and desires will never come to TS4 no matter how long Maxis continues creating content for it. The two things that I want more than anything is the ability to edit the world, so that I can create the story I want in the environment I pictured in my head, and the ability to build our own true functioning apartments. I know these things are not ever coming in TS4, so I do enjoy the TS5 threads because it gives me a chance to let my voice be heard while TS5 is in production and maybe, just maybe they'll be implemented.

From what I have seen, almost every single thread easily gets hijinxed and derails and can be totally off-topic from what the original topic was just because a thread goes like this:

Member A: Ohhhh the new pack looks amazing! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to play it! 10 more days can't come fast enough!
    Member B: I just want babies to not be objects, better personalities, and generations then I'll be happy.
    Member C: I can't even play my game, EA needs to fix the bugs
    Member D.: The new pack will be lame and lackluster and not be remotely close to the awesomeness that was TS(x) (insert number here)
    Member A: Ohhhh did you see in the trailer we're getting (x) (insert feature here)
    Member D.: It's probably just a reskin of a base game object they're trying to resell us, EA loves micro-transactions
    Member E: Ohhh wouldn't it be awesome if in TS5 it was done more like it was in TS(x) (insert number here)
    Member D.: TS(x) (insert number here) did it way better than TS(x) (insert number here)
    Member F: What makes you think TS5 is going to be any better than TS4
    Member G: I hope in TS5 we get (x) (insert feature here)
    Member H: If TS5 doesn't have (x), (x), (x), and (x) (insert feature here) I'm not getting it, I'll wait for Paralives
    Member I: There's years and years and years of content still coming for TS4, the game's not even complete yet, TS5 won't be here for a long time
    Member A: Ohhh I can't wait for Paralives, it's going to be Epic and will crush EA
    Member J: Paralives is being made by an Indie Team, there's no way it will crush EA

...... and so on (in almost every thread I've ever read

People are passionate about the things they're wanting in the game. People are also passionate about the things that annoy them about the game. And some people are both .... passionate about what they want and passionate about what they don't want, and it will inevitably lead to them thinking of the things they hope are different with TS5 and why that topic gets brought up in a "TS4" thread.

The problem as I see it is because there is no "TS5" sub-forum, so people who are wanting to speculate and/or discuss what they're hoping for, they have to do it in the "The Sims Franchise" sub-forum or the "Speculation" sub-forums.

The good thing is, eventually there will be a TS5 sub-forum so those of you who are bothered by the TS5 discussions and intrusions on your TS4 topics, won't have to read about it after that.

So true, lol!

Aww. We're all just a dysfunctional Sims family of sorts. ❤️

We truly are❤
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    @Calico45 my apologies I never meant to go off topic. I agree with you I get fed up of seeing sims 5 threads and my original point I wanted to make is that I don’t think it will be the hype everyone thinks it will be.

No worries. I do truly appreciate all contributions. I just saw the conversation veering to the point it did not seem like my question was being answered anymore and I wanted to try and get it back on track.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    Deleted
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! Quick heads-up: I moved this thread to the Franchise Discussion. :)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Just to explain the whole Sims 5 excitement thing to you and anyone who might not understand:

First and foremost, we know that the Sims 5 could be as terrible as the Sims 4, we know believe me. However, I think it is a little irrational to assume the game will be as bad as the Sims 4 just because it is the next game in line. The same way some people like portray the Sims 5 as this perfect game, there are the opposite kinds of people who love to say "oh, what are you hoping for, the game will probably be just as bad".
    Both of these opinions are the same amount of invalid because none of the are based on any proof or facts.

Secondly, there is a reason why people are so hopeful. Every Sims base game so far was pretty good at launch, not perfect but good. The only exception is the Sims 4 which was terrible. But the thing is a lot of bad stuff happened during the Sims 4 development like the Online game situation and the whole remaking the game in 1,5 years to meet release dates. If it wasn't for that maybe the engine would have been better, the game would have had more features etc.
    Since the Sims 5 is probably not going to have to be remade and rushed in 1,5 years because of some SimCity fiasco, people hope that it will also be more polished that the Sims 4, which is a valid arguement in my opinion.

Finally, and this is the most important thing I wanna mention. The whole point of speculation is that it's fun. People love to take slight hints and guess, speculate about what the next game might be. It happens with every Sims 4 pack and it also happens with the Sims 5 and every game in existence. We all know nothing is confirmed, we are just having fun speculating and there is nothing wrong with that. I understand that you might find it tiring but I feel like you are taking speculation a bit too seriously. It's supposed to be a fun way to scratch the Sims 5 itch, nothing more nothing less.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    @SimmerGeorge you worded it perfectly

4abf56d73f0a51cf353320a113110f2a.gif

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2021
    If there are topics I don't want to hear or see, I change the channel, or turn off the TV, or just don't click on something like a thread that is all about TS5 or even TS4. When I get tired of things I don't log in. I sometimes get tired of talking about The Sims Franchise. If I get tired of other people, I don't return text and find something else to do. If I didn't want to be bothered by someone I didn't answer the door, or call them up and invite them over. I'm not sure how anyone can't just skip a topic about something they are tired of hearing about or reading about. Instead of making a thread about the topic they are tired of reading about. I don't go into TS4's General because I'm not playing it. There are like ten zillion polls I don't click on if I have no knowledge of the pack they are talking about and or I don't sit and read hype threads about TS4's packs if I know I'm not getting it or will like it. I might (rarely) make a comment about a pack but I rarely read those happy threads. So, why should anyone want TS5 threads to end when they can simply just ignore them and go to a section of a forum they do want to read about.

Feedback is different in the respect we sometimes agree with those still playing about the things they are complaining about, it may be the many reasons some of us quit. But any other topic that has become boring and tiresome can simply be skipped, much like turning a TV channel. *And topics about TS5*

One more point, bread crumbs, we know EA has a contract with Maxis to make Ten versions of The Sims. So, it's not a long shot to have believed they were working or dreaming about TS5 on the day of TS4's release. I know they said if TS4 doesn't do well, there won't be a TS5, and that might have been true but any money Maxis makes is going to fund the next version ( a little bit of it) no matter what. ETA: Whether that contract remains a pc version or not remains to be seen as forced markets (mobile and forced internet connections) but it's for sure Maxis is going to pump out a version of The Sims on something.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I don't mind it. People can speculate if they want to. A lot of it is people saying what they would like to see in a Sims 5. I get bored quickly when reading those discusions so I just leave the thread and don't go back to it. I don't see any point in it when nothing has officially been announced by EA. I'm the same with Sims 4 pack speculations. I don't join until something has been officially announced by the Devs.

There are some simply saying what they would like in a Sims 5 and speculating when it will come, and that's fine, but some like to make assumptions that Sims 5 will be "bad". That's what I'm tired of. We don't know anything about Sims 5 and some people have already decided they don't like the game (a game that doesn't even exist yet). You see comments like "told you Sims 5 would be a disaster" and "Sims 4 is trash. Sims 5 will be worse". It's clearly haters saying that kind of thing and when Sims 5 does come these same people will hate on Sims 5.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited January 2021
    TBH, I don't know. Everything is just a speculation. What I'm very tired to read is whenever others are enjoying new pack/features, there's always someone out there purposely trying to steer the direction towards their speculation. I personally has told them how opportunist they are, getting the attention away & gaining a "profit" from it.

I'm not against any Simmer who want to be the source of information on everything, but, could they be more tactful & play the game more instead of collecting all the random "evidences" for their content. Used their experience in the game to share information, tips, suggestions, etc. if they consider themselves as a simmer.

I don't know if TS5 is coming or not, but as we all know, things that starts, always have their end. Just that, we don't know, when, how, or even who. Even if there's someone out there knows exactly what it is, they won't just blurted it out saying this & that, because it could affect the development, if any.

Speculation is really great It allows a great discussion & idea, but it has to be done at the right time & context.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    One of the reasons I'm here on the forums still is for The Sims 5, so no I'm not tired of the speculation. :sweat_smile:

I love The Sims franchise, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of Sims 4. Yeah, it's seven years of Sims 5 speculation but it's also seven years of Sims 4 having 'so much potential' and there being 'so much still needed'. At this point Sims 5 has more potential than Sims 4 the way I see it. They'd be starting from scratch building a new foundation where Sims 4's foundation is already set and there lies most of my problems. My hopes, while still pretty low I'll admit, are still higher for The Sims 5 than The Sims 4 because a new game means a fresh start.

I also love the community excitement and interaction that comes with it too. One of my favorite things to do even before the Sims 4 was announced and even during Sims 3 when talking about possible new packs was not really guessing what the packs would be and what features are in but sharing ideas, brainstorming and basically coming up with pretty cool ideas that I'd still love to see in The Sims in general like a farming pack or an amusement park pack. Sometimes you even hear things you never really thought about before and then all of a sudden a feature or pack idea you thought was boring ends up sounding interesting and you're coming up with ideas based around that. I've always loved that kind of stuff, even if nothing comes of it.

I've been saying since I knew Sims 4 wasn't going to cut it for me that I want to stick around and be here on the off chance they do decide to do something for the Sims 5 like the community brainstorming thing the Paralives team is doing for their future game. Those Sims surveys they had, whether for Sims 4 or to gather info for Sims 5, were nice and all but I couldn't go into as much detail as I wanted most times about why I don't or do want something, I could mainly only choose what I wanted. And based on my experience as a simmer I think it's very important they know both what and why to make the game better. In the end that's what I want and what keeps me going, the possibility of a better game.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    edited February 2021
    xamira99 wrote: »
    TBH, I don't know. Everything is just a speculation. What I'm very tired to read is whenever others are enjoying new pack/features, there's always someone out there purposely trying to steer the direction towards their speculation. I personally has told them how opportunist they are, getting the attention away & gaining a "profit" from it.

I'm not against any Simmer who want to be the source of information on everything, but, could they be more tactful & play the game more instead of collecting all the random "evidences" for their content. Used their experience in the game to share information, tips, suggestions, etc. if they consider themselves as a simmer.

I don't know if TS5 is coming or not, but as we all know, things that starts, always have their end. Just that, we don't know, when, how, or even who. Even if there's someone out there knows exactly what it is, they won't just blurted it out saying this & that, because it could affect the development, if any.

Speculation is really great It allows a great discussion & idea, but it has to be done at the right time & context.

We do know 'TS5' is coming. Maxis has posted job positions for the game ( a new IP) several times in the past three years. They just posted for someone to work in CAS and again Creative Designer. They posted for the Creative Director and others three years ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited February 2021
    I’m keeping an eye out for the next Sims title, but only out of interest for its development, because I happen to be a geek.

My interest for a Sims 5 has absolutely zero to do with being dissatisfied with Sims 4 however. In my opinion Sims 4 can keep going for another couple of years. Bring it on! Im enjoying it. Sure stuff needs fixing, stuff needs to be added, but for my play style I’m getting my money’s worth. I understand many don’t feel the same way.
    I sometimes hop back to Sims 3 if I want a change of scenery. Easy as that.
    Most folks wanting sims 5 as soon as yesterday feel the need for any new life simulator in development to save the day. I say most folks, not all.

I find it very easy to avoid sims 5 discussions or the “Please let’s end the sims 4 now EA, I’m sick of it, I’m sick of you and I want Paralives now!”
    It doesn’t bother me, unless I want it to. Life’s too short and there’s much fun to be had. ☺️
    I sort of doubt I will be buying whatever it is they are developing, but I have always looked forward to what it is new in the engine and or technology they pick to build a game. I mean back in TS1 I was wishing Sims would sit by the pool side. Feet in water. In TS2 I was dreaming Sims would sit down while using a phone. Oh, how I would have loved to see them actually use the table phone that way. In TS3 I was dreaming about Sims going over to their window and opening it themselves, see the breeze blow through the room and knock some stuff over. lol
    In TS4 I was dreaming about windy days, if my Sim was outside I wanted to see their perfectly sprayed hairstyles move in the breeze. Have to comb their hair. Or wipe away a strand from their eyes that got mussed by wind. I am also dreaming about if they live in a home for a few years they have to get off their rear ends and paint, wallpaper and fix holes in the walls, floors etc. Not me. I am always looking forward to how far they can go with reality in those type of ways rather than ten zillion ways to keep them happy.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I think people want Sims 5 to come already because they're sick and tired of EA cutting corners and giving us broken and buggy packs. As for me,I'm just playing games like Minecraft and Animal Crossing while waiting for Paralives and other Sims type games to come out.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • simmerannsimmerann Posts: 24 Member
    I hope the devs are listening to what people want, but as a fairly new simmer I do see the variety of ways that people approach and can engage with the game ( a strength of the game), but inevitably some decisions that make some players happy will make others unhappy. You can also create a huge design mess by trying to make EVERYONE happy, so I hope that they can listen but also not fall into that trap. And just constantly talking about SIMS 5 louder and louder is not going to create design robustness. But I do hope they are listening to the community- just with nuance.