Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of Sims 5?

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I thank everyone for their contributions, but I think this got off topic pretty fast. My question was your thoughts on being inundated with Sims 5 speculation, desires, and opinions since Sims 4's launch and how you can or cannot be burnt out on the topic without any proper information fuel from the devs.

Instead, it seems to have become another debate on what vision people want from 5. Ironically, one of the very things I mentioned being tired of.

Lol. Yeah, I get what you're saying. I suppose it is a moot debate when as you said, we have nothing to go off of except bread crumbs, if that.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    My concern is those who want sims 5 may have set their expectations too high and think it will be a sims 2 2.0. I don’t think it will be and I think people will be disappointed. I understand people have frustrations with 4 and it’s not amazing but my biggest concern with 5 is it will be online and multiplayer. I really hope I am wrong and it’s going to be this amazing game of a mixture of 2&3 because if it’s not the community will become even more toxic then it is.

Don't you think a mix of 2&3 is just, well, 4 again?

The only way to validate 5 is if there's a multi-player option. Otherwise we're just repeating history. The game needs to EVOLVE

How is the sims 4 like sims 3? I can’t comment on 2 I never played it. I understand multiplayer is popular but I don’t see how that can work for the sims as it’s a sandbox game. For me the ideal sims 5 would be sims 4 graphics with open neighbourhood and option to live between worlds with the gameplay of sims 3. If online play was like how animal crossing or even sims free play if having your own world and able to visit friends that’s fine it would be a good compromise but if it online multiplayer means full on one world with other players then no thanks I’ll stick with sims 4.
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited January 2021
    My concern is those who want sims 5 may have set their expectations too high and think it will be a sims 2 2.0. I don’t think it will be and I think people will be disappointed. I understand people have frustrations with 4 and it’s not amazing but my biggest concern with 5 is it will be online and multiplayer. I really hope I am wrong and it’s going to be this amazing game of a mixture of 2&3 because if it’s not the community will become even more toxic then it is.

The only way to validate 5 is if there's a multi-player option. Otherwise we're just repeating history. The game needs to EVOLVE

How is the sims 4 like sims 3? I can’t comment on 2 I never played it. I understand multiplayer is popular but I don’t see how that can work for the sims as it’s a sandbox game. For me the ideal sims 5 would be sims 4 graphics with open neighbourhood and option to live between worlds with the gameplay of sims 3. If online play was like how animal crossing or even sims free play if having your own world and able to visit friends that’s fine it would be a good compromise but if it online multiplayer means full on one world with other players then no thanks I’ll stick with sims 4.

No, definitely the former. It would be like animal crossing (but more complex). They would never make it an MMORPG, at least not completely.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

No, definitely the former. It would be like animal crossing (but more complex). They would never make it an MMORPG, at least not completely.

If it’s more like animal crossing then then it’s not great as I hate real time play but a better compromise. Personally I like how it is as single player but what I am concerned about is those simmers who want it to be this amazing game when it may not be the the saving grace for the sims.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I thank everyone for their contributions, but I think this got off topic pretty fast. My question was your thoughts on being inundated with Sims 5 speculation, desires, and opinions since Sims 4's launch and how you can or cannot be burnt out on the topic without any proper information fuel from the devs.

Instead, it seems to have become another debate on what vision people want from 5. Ironically, one of the very things I mentioned being tired of.

Lol at this turning into what your tired of 😅😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

So is this thread meant to be anything constructive or just here so you can tell people what you're tired of?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, for years now it's been "The Sims 5 is *possibly* coming sometime "soon." It gets boring. At this stage I don't want to get excited until anything is confirmed or shown. It's fun to think about wants for the next game sometimes but I usually don't take "leaks" seriously anymore as it is just clutching at straws and we genuinely know nothing.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

So is this thread meant to be anything constructive or just here so you can tell people what you're tired of?

It was meant to be a conversation to see who had similar feelings and if not, how they managed to stay so positive.

If by constructive you mean debating what you want out of Sims 5, as you have pointed out there are other threads such as the ones you have made in which to do that.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    People always complaining and comparing TS4 to the previous games is what brings me down more than people talking about a possible TS5. A while back it had me questioning my own preferences and I felt like a I was doing something wrong for enjoying the Sims 4. It’s not so bad on here mind you but on Twitter it’s actually awful. There is so much hate, negativity and constant complaining about what the old games had that TS4 doesn’t. I unfollowed a lot of the overly negative people recently as they were really starting to ruin my enjoyment of the game.
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    People always complaining and comparing TS4 to the previous games is what brings me down more than people talking about a possible TS5. A while back it had me questioning my own preferences and I felt like a I was doing something wrong for enjoying the Sims 4. It’s not so bad on here mind you but on Twitter it’s actually awful. There is so much hate, negativity and constant complaining about what the old games had that TS4 doesn’t. I unfollowed a lot of the overly negative people recently as they were really starting to ruin my enjoyment of the game.

Yeah even when they do good stuff people still find something to complain about like Bonehilda finally was brought back but everyone just went on about the coffin she lacked (which doesn't really affect gameplay), it's a full cycle of bashing the game constantly (which might be with good reason or not but the point being that it's usually done in a condescending way that gets old pretty fast). Even now the Sims 4 is being somewhat "compared" to a hypothetical Sims 5 that doesn't exist yet like ???
    That's the mainly the reason why I am a bit tired of the Sims 5 topic in general, it usually starts with people sharing what they want to see in the game and ends with people arguing about why Sims 4 is the worst (or best) game in the franchise, it's like every path leads to "let's bash the sims 4".
  • AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    When I was first starting out playing the Sims 3 people were whining about how it wasn't as good as the Sims 2 and now that we're in the Sims 4 people have been nonstop complaining about how it's not as good as the Sims 3. Honestly they all feel like the same game with different features and better graphics with each iteration. Little subtle changes here or there in game play makes each game unique, but in retrospect none of these games are necessarily better or worse. Sims 3 open world was nice, but after going back to those graphics the other day, I wanted to go back to the sims 4. I'm CERTAIN, if the Sims 5 was launched tomorrow, people would be up in arms about how it wasn't as good as the Sims 4, even if the game was just as fun if not more so.
    edited January 2021

It was meant to be a conversation to see who had similar feelings and if not, how they managed to stay so positive.

If by constructive you mean debating what you want out of Sims 5, as you have pointed out there are other threads such as the ones you have made in which to do that.

Ok that sounds fair enough. I dont see anything here or in my threads that look like debates, but you also cant expect people to not talk about possible developments in TS5 when you have a thread about how you feel about people talking about TS5.

Like you said you may avoid threads that talk about TS5 but because theyre linked to TS4 youre tempted to read them, talking about people speculating about TS5 is going to lead to people mentioning their own speculations here. But it also doesnt hve to dominate the conversation.

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm getting tired of waiting for it.

It's a pity they weren't ready to release last year, with everyone staying at home, it would have been a good time for it.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'm getting tired of waiting for it.

It's a pity they weren't ready to release last year, with everyone staying at home, it would have been a good time for it.

It would've gotten perfect timing. Now Animal Crossing is the simulation game everyone played for quarantine.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes, I'm tired of it because it's already been going on for six years and wore the potential of conversation out. Normally I would have looked forward to hints of official information and discussion but at this point I'm like, meh. And just because so many people have hijacked non-related conversations with their call for the next game, I keep wishing for more years of Sims 4 just out of spite, lol. :D

But wasn't it just early last year that a dev was still saying that there are years left (plural) of Sims 4? Folks should make themselves comfortable, the ride's not over.
    #Team Occult
  • Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    Some day I think 🐸🐸🐸🐸 i want it to come out but then others I'm just like eh who cares it's probably gonna be a disaster like launch again
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited January 2021
    Personally, I don't mind the TS5 topics or discussions any more than all of the other threads that always have the same topics creep up

Free the Babies
    Where's the Cars
    Give us Generations
    Where are my Werewolves
    When are Dragons coming
    Update the Personalities
    We need Wants/Fears
    We're lacking most of the Occults from the older games
    We need a Music Pack
    I hope the next pack is Farming
    We need Hotels/Resorts pack
    Bring back Fairies and Genies
    Improve Mermaids, Ghosts, Plantsims, and Aliens
    Give us matching kitchen cabinets
    The swatches never match
    When are we getting better romance and a wedding pack
    We need bunk beds and spiral stairs
    Family game play is lacking
    We don't need more occults
    We need more realistic packs
    Fix the bugs

I often skip going to threads that I have no interest in discussing or the topic does not interest me (such as most things that I listed). My true wants and desires will never come to TS4 no matter how long Maxis continues creating content for it. The two things that I want more than anything is the ability to edit the world, so that I can create the story I want in the environment I pictured in my head, and the ability to build our own true functioning apartments. I know these things are not ever coming in TS4, so I do enjoy the TS5 threads because it gives me a chance to let my voice be heard while TS5 is in production and maybe, just maybe they'll be implemented.

From what I have seen, almost every single thread easily gets hijinxed and derails and can be totally off-topic from what the original topic was just because a thread goes like this:

Member A: Ohhhh the new pack looks amazing! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to play it! 10 more days can't come fast enough!
    Member B: I just want babies to not be objects, better personalities, and generations then I'll be happy.
    Member C: I can't even play my game, EA needs to fix the bugs
    Member D.: The new pack will be lame and lackluster and not be remotely close to the awesomeness that was TS(x) (insert number here)
    Member A: Ohhhh did you see in the trailer we're getting (x) (insert feature here)
    Member D.: It's probably just a reskin of a base game object they're trying to resell us, EA loves micro-transactions
    Member E: Ohhh wouldn't it be awesome if in TS5 it was done more like it was in TS(x) (insert number here)
    Member D.: TS(x) (insert number here) did it way better than TS(x) (insert number here)
    Member F: What makes you think TS5 is going to be any better than TS4
    Member G: I hope in TS5 we get (x) (insert feature here)
    Member H: If TS5 doesn't have (x), (x), (x), and (x) (insert feature here) I'm not getting it, I'll wait for Paralives
    Member I: There's years and years and years of content still coming for TS4, the game's not even complete yet, TS5 won't be here for a long time
    Member A: Ohhh I can't wait for Paralives, it's going to be Epic and will crush EA
    Member J: Paralives is being made by an Indie Team, there's no way it will crush EA

...... and so on (in almost every thread I've ever read

People are passionate about the things they're wanting in the game. People are also passionate about the things that annoy them about the game. And some people are both .... passionate about what they want and passionate about what they don't want, and it will inevitably lead to them thinking of the things they hope are different with TS5 and why that topic gets brought up in a "TS4" thread.

The problem as I see it is because there is no "TS5" sub-forum, so people who are wanting to speculate and/or discuss what they're hoping for, they have to do it in the "The Sims Franchise" sub-forum or the "Speculation" sub-forums.

The good thing is, eventually there will be a TS5 sub-forum so those of you who are bothered by the TS5 discussions and intrusions on your TS4 topics, won't have to read about it after that.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Personally, I don't mind the TS5 topics or discussions any more than all of the other threads that always have the same topics creep up

Free the Babies
    Where's the Cars
    Give us Generations
    Where are my Werewolves
    When are Dragons coming
    Update the Personalities
    We need Wants/Fears
    We're lacking most of the Occults from the older games
    We need a Music Pack
    I hope the next pack is Farming
    We need Hotels/Resorts pack
    Bring back Fairies and Genies
    Improve Mermaids, Ghosts, Plantsims, and Aliens
    Give us matching kitchen cabinets
    The swatches never match
    When are we getting better romance and a wedding pack
    We need bunk beds and spiral stairs
    Family game play is lacking
    We don't need more occults
    We need more realistic packs
    Fix the bugs

I often skip going to threads that I have no interest in discussing or the topic does not interest me (such as most things that I listed). My true wants and desires will never come to TS4 no matter how long Maxis continues creating content for it. The two things that I want more than anything is the ability to edit the world, so that I can create the story I want in the environment I pictured in my head, and the ability to build our own true functioning apartments. I know these things are not ever coming in TS4, so I do enjoy the TS5 threads because it gives me a chance to let my voice be heard while TS5 is in production and maybe, just maybe they'll be implemented.

From what I have seen, almost every single thread easily gets hijinxed and derails and can be totally off-topic from what the original topic was just because a thread goes like this:

Member A: Ohhhh the new pack looks amazing! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to play it! 10 more days can't come fast enough!
    Member B: I just want babies to not be objects, better personalities, and generations then I'll be happy.
    Member C: I can't even play my game, EA needs to fix the bugs
    Member D.: The new pack will be lame and lackluster and not be remotely close to the awesomeness that was TS(x) (insert number here)
    Member A: Ohhhh did you see in the trailer we're getting (x) (insert feature here)
    Member D.: It's probably just a reskin of a base game object they're trying to resell us, EA loves micro-transactions
    Member E: Ohhh wouldn't it be awesome if in TS5 it was done more like it was in TS(x) (insert number here)
    Member D.: TS(x) (insert number here) did it way better than TS(x) (insert number here)
    Member F: What makes you think TS5 is going to be any better than TS4
    Member G: I hope in TS5 we get (x) (insert feature here)
    Member H: If TS5 doesn't have (x), (x), (x), and (x) (insert feature here) I'm not getting it, I'll wait for Paralives
    Member I: There's years and years and years of content still coming for TS4, the game's not even complete yet, TS5 won't be here for a long time
    Member A: Ohhh I can't wait for Paralives, it's going to be Epic and will crush EA
    Member J: Paralives is being made by an Indie Team, there's no way it will crush EA

...... and so on (in almost every thread I've ever read

People are passionate about the things they're wanting in the game. People are also passionate about the things that annoy them about the game. And some people are both .... passionate about what they want and passionate about what they don't want, and it will inevitably lead to them thinking of the things they hope are different with TS5 and why that topic gets brought up in a "TS4" thread.

The problem as I see it is because there is no "TS5" sub-forum, so people who are wanting to speculate and/or discuss what they're hoping for, they have to do it in the "The Sims Franchise" sub-forum or the "Speculation" sub-forums.

The good thing is, eventually there will be a TS5 sub-forum so those of you who are bothered by the TS5 discussions and intrusions on your TS4 topics, won't have to read about it after that.

So true, lol!

Aww. We're all just a dysfunctional Sims family of sorts. ❤️
    #Team Occult
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I completely agree with this too, yes the sims 4 will eventually end but I dont want it too end like how it is the now, they are probably spoiled rich kids or rich people wanting the sims 5 now 🤣

Im definitely not spoiled or rich 😂 I still want Sims 5 though lol;;

Maybe my comment was a tad too much 🤣 but we have all spent hundreds on this game, I want the base game too be greatly improved first and bugs fixed before theres a sims 5 as someone said theres alot still missing, I personally dont care much about cars, I would welcome them if they do come though, but I'd be happy with updated babies, give the elders an optional walking stick, burglars, police and social services, a massive traits overhaul and story progression, the townies are just there in the game and of course Bunk beds, I dont care how much packs we have left but I feel we need those first, It is a tad annoying some people are keep going on about the sims 5 when we spent soo much money on this game that still has bare bones of a base game @StrawberryYogurt
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I personally disagree. Many people have grown beyond fatigued with The Sims 4 given that it is now the longest running Sims game in the series’ history.

I truly hope everyone gets what they want out of The Sims 4 before it’s over, especially if they enjoy this iteration. However, I’m utterly dumbfounded how people are still unhappily clutching onto The Sims 4 and don’t want a new base game that could possibly offer far more than TS4 did because “The Sims 4 isn’t complete yet”. It’s 2021. This base game released in 2014. We’re reaching 8 years of this iteration. It may be time to just admit this iteration was not it if you are still not on board entirely. There are things I would like to see and improvements added into The Sims 4, especially given all of the money I gave to EA this iteration, even before I stopped purchasing it entirely mid-way through. However, you will not catch me wishing for the next base game to be delayed in favor of what will essentially be more band-aids and hot glue on a broken mess.

I don’t think having The Sims 5 will magically fix this franchise and Maxis’ big mistakes. However, there are far more possibilities and greater potential to be found in creating a new base game. That goes double for a base game that is planned, start to finish, on a single player experience exceeding the momentum where The Sims 3 left off. The Sims 4 has always had a disadvantage with its origins being a cheap, poorly designed multiplayer experience.

And, let’s really consider the fact the life simulation genre has been massive this past decade. The supposed king of them all, The Sims, is pretty much nowhere to be found. They can absolutely reclaim that title with an amazing new base game, and if it has an amazing open world better than TS3’s, it’s pretty much theirs. They won’t be able to achieve anything by giving us stuff pack #3,000,000 with The Sims 4.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I personally disagree. Many people have grown beyond fatigued with The Sims 4 given that it is now the longest running Sims game in the series’ history.

I truly hope everyone gets what they want out of The Sims 4 before it’s over, especially if they enjoy this iteration. However, I’m utterly dumbfounded how people are still unhappily clutching onto The Sims 4 and don’t want a new base game that could possibly offer far more than TS4 did because “The Sims 4 isn’t complete yet”. It’s 2021. This base game released in 2014. We’re reaching 8 years of this iteration. It may be time to just admit this iteration was not it if you are still not on board entirely. There are things I would like to see and improvements added into The Sims 4, especially given all of the money I gave to EA this iteration, even before I stopped purchasing it entirely mid-way through. However, you will not catch me wishing for the next base game to be delayed in favor of what will essentially be more band-aids and hot glue on a broken mess.

I don’t think having The Sims 5 will magically fix this franchise and Maxis’ big mistakes. However, there are far more possibilities and greater potential to be found in creating a new base game. That goes double for a base game that is planned, start to finish, on a single player experience exceeding the momentum where The Sims 3 left off. The Sims 4 has always had a disadvantage with its origins being a cheap, poorly designed multiplayer experience.

And, let’s really consider the fact the life simulation genre has been massive this past decade. The supposed king of them all, The Sims, is pretty much nowhere to be found. They can absolutely reclaim that title with an amazing new base game, and if it has an amazing open world better than TS3’s, it’s pretty much theirs. They won’t be able to achieve anything by giving us stuff pack #3,000,000 with The Sims 4.

The fact that it is the longest in the series makes it all the more expensive we deserve a more meaty sims 4 base game than we do have and for it too run perfectly and not a repeat what they did too the sims 3 , which we wont have if the developers ended it the now, although I understand why some people want the sims 5 soon, who's to say it will be any better than the sims 4 ?, there is still a budget, the packs are probably still going too be the same, then of course we will be back to wheres university? Wheres seasons? Etc, then simmers still complaining because the game has still not reached their expectations

Edit: and of course it's always going to be a pegi 12 if people thought the sims 4 was too child friendly and not pushing boundaries, the sims 5 will be worst, they wont be able too woohoo next 🤣🤣
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    What grinds my gears is how people who are so eager for Sims 5 clearly know nothing about how video games are made. They seem to think that the Sims 4 Team is one single team working on all three packs at once, and that they would be the ones to work on Sims 5, and that they would have time to work on Sims 4 and Sims 5 at the same time. They certainly don't understand how hard it is to build a game engine.

There's a Game Pack team and an Expansion Pack team and a Stuff Pack team and an Audio team and Patching team, all trying to make their things work together. That's why things end up bugging. The Mods only have like, one person to talk to about what they want to do. The updates break your Mods because they don't need to work together.

Oh, and people say "I'm okay with Sims 5 being online". Even though they say they hate microtransactions and say Sims 4 is a cash cow - did they EVER see the online shop for Sims 3? And no, I don't like cash cows either but the entire point of making Sims 5 would be to make more money. And it's not the Devs who get all the money. They just get a paycheck - as long as the game is successful.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    I hardly click any ts5 threads. I don't want to move my focus onto a new series (which I post likely won't join anyway), as I am still enjoying TS4 very much. I do expect many more packs for TS4, and I am surprised how little affect the latest 10 additions had on game performance + me adding tons of cc. I also suspect there might be no TS5 , and frankly I don't quite see how this game can be improved enough to make most of the TS4 community beg to start all over from scratch. TS4 will obviously not last for decades to come, but I think EA might like to come up with something totally new and different, rather than copying the old series - once again.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    What grinds my gears is how people who are so eager for Sims 5 clearly know nothing about how video games are made. They seem to think that the Sims 4 Team is one single team working on all three packs at once, and that they would be the ones to work on Sims 5, and that they would have time to work on Sims 4 and Sims 5 at the same time. They certainly don't understand how hard it is to build a game engine.

Huh? Maybe I am misunderstanding what you’re trying to say, but we have seen how the transition between Sims games works with Maxis/EA not once, nor twice, but three times before..

From what I have seen, they hire many new developers for the development of the new base game alone. The hiring process starts slow, but increases a ton throughout development. Some of the new devs end up staying long term, others are just there for the base game only. Many of the existing devs/gurus of the current iteration stay back developing the current Sims game. Others are cherry-picked to transition teams when development ramps up to work on the next Sims game with their experience (cough- likely SimGuruGrant for The Sims 5 right now).

When the new base game is near completion, the existing gurus will either leave Maxis or join the next base game’s team for polishing/future DLC development before the existing Sims game finally reaches end of life.