The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Get Rid of Fog in Edit In Game

For some reason, I'm suddenly getting the problem where I take my world into Edit In Game and there is a white fog that I can't see through at the View Map/Edit Town level. I've been working on this world for a while, but this is the first time I've experienced it. I read that if I put the LOD bar in camera settings all the way to the right, it will fix it. I've tried this, saved, then loaded in Edit In Game on three occasions with no success. The thing is that when I leave Edit In Game and return to CAW, the LOD setting is back to default (one from the left). Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi,

It's usually caused when you enter EIG with the camera view too high from ground level.

Save/Quit in EIG then lower the camera to ground level and try EIG again. Or maybe restarting CAW then keep the camera view very low and start EIG.

Good luck :)
  • MoonsAreBlueMoonsAreBlue Posts: 6 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for the reply. I've just done your suggestion, but it didn't help. I opened CAW, set the LOD to the right, and entered Edit In Game. Once I got into Edit In Game, the fog was not there because it was zoomed close (as usual), but when I went to Map View and then Edit Town, the white fog was there and I could not see anything.

Do you have any other suggestions? Do you know if the problem may be my world or CAW? Again, thank you for the reply.
  • Ravenmother77Ravenmother77 Posts: 15
    edited May 2012
    I have the exact same problem, i used to have the CAW fog emitter in my world, but even after removing this, and the LOD edit.. plus the suggestion above here.. even removed custom fog.. i still cant see a single thing at all. It doesn't even disappear when at the lowest distance, any way i turn the camera there's a fog as if you are in a cloud.

Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hey guys I also had this exact problem and did what was suggested in this post

http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t24-caw-fog-invisible-water-workaround-by-wyndhane

Once done the Fog was gone when I went back into CAW and EIG. It still works fine now and I have not had the issue since so I suggest you try it.
  • adeal175x2adeal175x2 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I've had the same problem for ages!, Had to cancel my 'Sim-erising of Europe' because of it :(
  • shrk2387shrk2387 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2013
    This worked for me

In CAW:
    1. Go to view tab and select time of day
    2. Change cloudiness level over in the window that pops up to the right
    3. Save world
    4. Close CAW
    5. Restart CAW for changes to apply

Once you re-open edit in game mode problem should be fixed
  • junidawsijunidawsi Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    I have the same thing and i don't know what to do!!!!!!
  • SimmyTurner819SimmyTurner819 Posts: 1 New Member
    To fix this, I restored my settings under game options.