Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cribs not matching occults?

I just had a spellcaster sim have a child. He was born in the spellcaster crib, but aged up to be a regular sim. I had the same sim try and have one more child and she had three. Two of them were born in the spellcaster crib and one was born in a regular crib. The baby born in the regular crib is a regular sim and one of the two born in the spellcaster crib is also regular while the other is a spellcaster.

So, long story short, one family had four kids. Three of those kids were born in spellcaster cribs, but only one is a spellcaster.

Is anyone else having this happen? I don't use mods or cheats, so maybe it's a bug?

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Sorry this doesn’t answer your question, but I had no idea that different occults had different bassinets! I mean, I know of the alien one, but didn’t know spellcasters had different ones too! (I don’t have realm of magic) do mermaids and vampires have special bassinets too (I haven’t had a mermaid baby yet in my game and I don’t have vampires)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited January 2021
    the crib does not make your sims kids occult its just another crib

you can birth humans in vampire cribs and rom cribs and i think even in alien cribs its just visually fancier
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2021
    Aliens, spellcasters and vampires have their own bassinets.

I usually put a bassinet from vampires or RoM in my sims house before my sim gives birth. I just like the looks compared to the chunky base game ones. If there is a bassinet present on the lot, they will use that one for the new born baby, no matter the occult lifestate they have.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    Why don’t mermaids have special bassinets??? What a let down

(I use CC cribs so I can’t really complain though lol. My babies all have a default invisible bassinet so I can change out their cribs whenever I want)
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Sorry this doesn’t answer your question, but I had no idea that different occults had different bassinets! I mean, I know of the alien one, but didn’t know spellcasters had different ones too! (I don’t have realm of magic) do mermaids and vampires have special bassinets too (I haven’t had a mermaid baby yet in my game and I don’t have vampires)

The spellcaster ones are really cute with a nice little drape across the top. The vampires have a little gothic one with nice scroll work. Mermaids just get the regular one, I believe.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

you can birth humans in vampire cribs and rom cribs and i think even in alien cribs its just visually fancier

I don't buy the cribs, though. I just let them appear. I thought that if they just pop up with the baby in them, it matched the occults as I've never had a regular sim born with a spellcaster/vampire/alien crib, just the regular one. Is that not the case?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Mindofy wrote: »

I don't buy the cribs, though. I just let them appear. I thought that if they just pop up with the baby in them, it matched the occults as I've never had a regular sim born with a spellcaster/vampire/alien crib, just the regular one. Is that not the case?

Just speculation, but could it be possible that the bloodline strength of the child makes a difference? Spellcasters pass their bloodlines on their children.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

Just speculation, but could it be possible that the bloodline strength of the child makes a difference? Spellcasters pass their bloodlines on their children.

All the children have the ancient bloodline. Their father is human though.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've never had any crib but the base game one pop up if I didn't have one, so I always try to remember to pick the crib I want before they have the baby.
    I agree that it's disappointing that there isn't a mermaid themed one.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited January 2021

oh that i am not sure of cause i usually place crib myself to get the one i want and then if i get say triplets even though i have just one crib on lot the other 2 usually spawn the basic base game ones and first one is in crib i picked

do wish we could change the crib afterwards though like we can change baby clothes but oh well
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Maybe they don't get their own crib because the paranormal stuff probably won't be lifeline'ish and passed on? With this pack I see it more like an interest and skills learned, where the spooky stuff is in center more than the skilled tribe who will need to deal with it. Guess we'll know for sure next week :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I've never had any crib but the base game one pop up if I didn't have one, so I always try to remember to pick the crib I want before they have the baby.
    I agree that it's disappointing that there isn't a mermaid themed one.

Same. Even with alien babies i've only had regular cribs pop up. If I want one of the fancy occult ones, even if the baby is an occult, I have to place one beforehand.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn