Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of Sims 5?

Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
At the outset, I do want to say that I eventually want 5 and honestly think it is an inevitability. Too much money was made from 4 and the rest for there not to be one. This being said, I realize we all have different opinions on 5. When it will versus when it should come, what it will be like, pessimism versus optimism, etc. (I dare call myself cautiously optimistic, but anything resembling the Sims Online/the Sims style MMO and I'm out.)

However, I have to say I am tired of hearing about it. 5 has been a hot topic since the disastrous (opinions here, but it was so bare at launch without pools, ghosts, etc.) release of 4. I understand, of course, but the fervor never seemed to die down. It is coming up on the 7th year of speculation for 5; wondering when 4 will end so 5 can begin; wondering if 5 will be better or worse than 4. At this point, I do not want to hear anything if it is not from the devs.

I absolutely would be game to discuss 5 had we even the slightest real information about it. I remember reading a magazine article about 4 being in development when I was in middle school and it sparking all sorts of thoughts from the "most realistic Sims ever" claim. We do not even have that much for 5, though, right? No concrete details or dev promises yet?

So what does everyone else think? Obviously do not go into forums about 5 if you do not want to hear about it, and I don't, but 4 is so linked to the possibility and shape of 5 it is hard to escape it with any topic once it goes on long enough. I am just curious if others have similar feelings to me, and if not, how aren't you burned out on 5 when we have had 7 years of speculation on bread crumbs?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    I have to agree honestly, since day one of The Sims 4 release people have been like "let this game die, move on to Sims 5" and I doubt Sims 5 will fare any better, it'll probably get down to the game lacking features and people complaining all over again like a cycle.
    Sims 5 being made doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the perfect game everyone seems to be expecting, it's good to be optimistic but also realistic. If it does turn out to be a good game then I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    I feel the same. People say don't click if you don't want to hear it but it's entwined with 4 as you said. All over other sites too you really can't avoid it. They have been crying for 5 for literal years😂 even though the devs said ts4 has years more content left and we have so many things in ts4 we don't even have yet.
    People on twitter saying they just want ts4 to be abandoned because of their deep hate for it and to bring out ts5. But how can they bring out a game that's not ready? And apparently the happiness of ts4 players who enjoy it means nothing? Only their selfish desires.

People are free to do a they please so I won't judge. They are free to talk about it as much as they want but I know how you feel. 😌

All games have flaws and good things about them ts5 will be no different. Some will hate it and some will love it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    2021 if i'm not mistaken is the last year of the supposed "years of content" left, Grant said that in 2018 that TS4 has around 3 years more of content, im sure we will hear about TS5 from the official source sooner or later.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I completely agree with this too, yes the sims 4 will eventually end but I dont want it too end like how it is the now, they are probably spoiled rich kids or rich people wanting the sims 5 now 🤣
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Sims 5 has to up the game very significantly for me to take notice.

- weather has to be in base game
    - Height slider base game
    - Curve wall for building

Many more.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    2021 if i'm not mistaken is the last year of the supposed "years of content" left, Grant said that in 2018 that TS4 has around 3 years more of content, im sure we will hear about TS5 from the official source sooner or later.

They only plan three years ahead or so. They make new plans too.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    izecson wrote: »

Another guru has spoken on this no more than a few months ago or less. In an interview he said basically there are more years left. I can't remember the exact words forgive my bad memory 😅 but I'm sure someone here remembers!!

Plus so much stuff is missing. It would look really bad if they just abandoned it and brought out a new one before this is even complete. It definitely needs a few more years. And they planned this to last much longer than older titles. And in addition to that this game is very stable. It can definitely handle more. No reason to abandon it yet.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I wouldnt say tired, but i lost interest in the subject, for now at least. People speculating about the next game is natural so it doesnt bother me, and it is understanable why the topic of sims 5 could come up when talking about 4, so..... I just personally feel indifferent towards it.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I honestly don't mind reading about it. I love the Sims 4 but at the same time I am curious about the future of the franchise as a whole.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I completely agree with this too, yes the sims 4 will eventually end but I dont want it too end like how it is the now, they are probably spoiled rich kids or rich people wanting the sims 5 now 🤣

Im definitely not spoiled or rich 😂 I still want Sims 5 though lol;;
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'll still speculate personally because I do expect it to arrive: whether it is a lackluster game or if its amazing. Either way its still coming and up until then Im happy to hear of any updates it has coming and its fun for me to speculate or create threads of what I hope itll come with or see what other ideas people have.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have played all sims games. I love hearing news about the new upcoming games and especially about the sims. Call me an optimist but I actually have hope that the next game will come with more things that we want. Especially since they have been doing more surveys and engaging with the community. Do I want the sims 4 to die... absolutely not? I still think it has potential. There are so many things that are still missing. I hope the sims 4 still has many more packs but I wouldn't mind knowing what maxis were up to either. I would love to hear about how the sims 5 is going and I wish they asked the community for feedback and had surveys about our wants, goals, and desires for the game. Instead, I just have to be positive and hope that the surveys they're doing and the feedback they get is going towards the next sims game as well as the sims 4.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • dfxblockdfxblock Posts: 61 Member
    I really do want Sims 5 only if it's good and feels like a life simulator. Everyone litteraly wanted TS4 and look at what they got... Also DLCs wise, I think it should be the end of this way because money don't grow from trees and it's not fair to pay 40 bucks for divided/lacky expansions. They should focus on base game and fixing game mechanics, stories and making the game a SIMS game. That would be the perfect ending and the best way to move on😁
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited January 2021
    yeah tired of it.

I don't want to start over when ts4 is finally getting to time where we could finally have some interesting packs and game starts to feel less empty

like with ts1 and 2 i was absolutely obsessed with last packs for they were iconic and never wanted those to stop releasing (and still wish they didnt cause i mean i would have really liked to see more for both)

ts3... well that is first and only time i wished for iteration to end

but that is because no amount of fixes or content would have made that game enjoyable for me (the overall art style and everything just really didn't vibe for me at all so i saw no hope for anything cool)

ts4 i have much more hope for because at times it gives me ts2 feelings and i feel like if they just added certain gameplay things and few toggles (which definitely do not require new base game) it could be so good

but obviously they won't have time to do that if they suddenly escape and go making sims 5 or whatever club penguin they were planning

+ in general if they leave ts4 when they could finally be making it worth being called sims game im leaving the chat i don't even have hope ts5 would go any better

and yes obviously all this is speculation and they may just surprise me with something completely different like "ts5 is historical occult daydream with dragons vampires and medieval content in base game and you must get it" but i highly doubt.

especially cause that would just be called Sims Medieval: the what it should have been
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited January 2021
    If anyone is expecting Sims 5 in a near future... they are going to be very dissapointed. Will be completely counterproducing to work on a new sims title when the previous one is lacking in so many things (specially polishing) and when we have literally a hundred dlcs already released for it. Also, i doubt the sells of a new sims are going to be even near half of the sells The Sims 4 got back in the day. Not after the experience gained with EA all these years and knowing how things are gonna go.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I feel like I'd be disappointed if there was no Sims 5. I'm a new player, (Joined about a year and a half ago,) and would love to join in on all the countdowns, excitement, etc., building up to a new game.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited January 2021
    In my opinion it has to have an MMO element in order to grow as a franchise. If they don't implement some kind of multi-player mode, what's the point of continuing this cycle over and over again? The graphics and complexity can only improve so much, and sometimes I struggle to see how TS4 was a significant enough improvement from 3.

They might be smart though and purposefully took out open world in 4 only to reintroduce it in 5, in order to make 5 seem more revolutionary. But that's not going to fool me. If 5 remains single player they are going to have to do some SIGNIFICANT changes (aka no rabbit holes, open world, more content in the beginning and not the same EPs over and over again)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I feel like, if you make Sims 5, there's a serious risk of it being rushed out and everything being exactly the same as it was at the beginning of Sims 4 - right down to an identical engine that will mean it'll come with the same starting problems.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    My concern is those who want sims 5 may have set their expectations too high and think it will be a sims 2 2.0. I don’t think it will be and I think people will be disappointed. I understand people have frustrations with 4 and it’s not amazing but my biggest concern with 5 is it will be online and multiplayer. I really hope I am wrong and it’s going to be this amazing game of a mixture of 2&3 because if it’s not the community will become even more toxic then it is.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    Tantalus wrote: »
    If anyone is expecting Sims 5 in a near future... they are going to be very dissapointed.
    I don't think it will be anytime soon but from what I read on twitter yesterday it is already in development.

I have no idea about the validity of this tweet mind you but simmers on twitter seem to think it's valid. Personality I will only believe it if and when an official announcement is made from EA/Maxis.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    I want Sims 6!!! :tongue:

(kidding) ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    My concern is those who want sims 5 may have set their expectations too high and think it will be a sims 2 2.0. I don’t think it will be and I think people will be disappointed. I understand people have frustrations with 4 and it’s not amazing but my biggest concern with 5 is it will be online and multiplayer. I really hope I am wrong and it’s going to be this amazing game of a mixture of 2&3 because if it’s not the community will become even more toxic then it is.

Don't you think a mix of 2&3 is just, well, 4 again?

The only way to validate 5 is if there's a multi-player option. Otherwise we're just repeating history. The game needs to EVOLVE
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited January 2021
    I thank everyone for their contributions, but I think this got off topic pretty fast. My question was your thoughts on being inundated with Sims 5 speculation, desires, and opinions since Sims 4's launch and how you can or cannot be burnt out on the topic without any proper information fuel from the devs.

Instead, it seems to have become another debate on what vision people want from 5. Ironically, one of the very things I mentioned being tired of.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I got tired of Sims 5 back in 2018.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I thank everyone for their contributions, but I think this got off topic pretty fast. My question was your thoughts on being inundated with Sims 5 speculation, desires, and opinions since Sims 4's launch and how you can or cannot be burnt out on the topic without any proper information fuel from the devs.

Instead, it seems to have become another debate on what vision people want from 5. Ironically, one of the very things I mentioned being tired of.

I have decided to ignore any thread about 5 until there's an official announcement from ea (i'm clearly not doing it right now, but your question is different...). If im not wrong, last year the same site has made a very similar speculation about the same. Yes, speculation, cause in nowhere in the job offerings you can find a clear reference to sims 5. They may be about 5, they may not be.... Meanwhile there are lots of clicks to fuel the game...