Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA should release the sims 2 ultimate collection to buy!

peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
The sims 2 still works wonderfully on modern PCs especially with programs like graphics rule make and the 4 GB fix

Therefore I think EA should release the sims 2 UC and make it buyable for all who weren’t lucky to get it during the promotion. They could also release it on Good old games GOG instead which is known for releasing old games with community programs to help it run in newer machines.

Many people love the sims 2 and without changing much you can have the game run in 1920 x 1080 resolution (which the game supports natively) and working on windows 10 with modern graphics cards. It would literally take EA an hour or less to repackage the sims 2 with basic fixes like enabling higher screen resolutions, making the game use more than 2gb memory and having the game recognize new graphics cards (like the graphics rule maker)

They could easily sell it for $49 or more and people would buy it
True Love
Terrific Family Play
Too fun
The sims 2 forever

Comments

• o0Sazie0oo0Sazie0o Posts: 29 Member
    I'd love to buy the whole game of Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, specially since I missed out on it for years and never knew it was on origin. I'm quite upset it's not being sold on origin, very disappointed I can't get it. I'm also upset that I missed out on free copies back in 2018, and just heard of it in 2020 when it was too late.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited January 2021
    I agree. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection should return.

After all, this statement felt really off...
    What other ways can I play The Sims?
    You can get The Sims 3 or 4 through Origin, or grab The Sims 4 on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. Or access both games through the Vault for Origin Access. To play on the go, check out The Sims Mobile.

Every The Sims game has a different feel, different experience, different look. Playing The Sims 3 isn't as same as The Sims 2. The Sims 2 has unique features like aspiration bar, apartments that house up to 4 families and can be built (albeit with cheats), turn-ons and turn-offs etc. Sometimes players want to specifically play The Sims 2, because The Sims 3 and 4 are either unappealing or have a lot of bugs. And The Sims Mobile is a freemium game with many features from the main series missing (needs, ability to pause and speed up time, skills etc).

Thus my conclusion is that it should return. If EA makes it cost some money, people will buy it, thus it is a great way of making money. Even Nintendo had Virtual Console on Wii, Wii U and 3DS, where people can buy old games from old consoles. Nostalgia sells! And it sells well!
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i feel like they should remaster it. just give it support for newer devices and fix the issues they left out especially issues which can corrupt ur game and rerelease it. i dont think the sims 2 needs any graphical update or stuff like that. imo it would ruin the look and feelv of the sims 2 although i would love if they give us the option to choose the same graphics as they had in the beta those look rlly nice
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd buy this in a second. I think they're missing out on a big market by not doing this. I'd also like to see the Sims 1 return too. I'd pay for both!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'm very glad I caught it right away when it was free and available for download.

I'd happily pay for an HD remaster too though!
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i think they should definitely remaster both sims 2 and 3. theyre both great games in thier own right and has basically what feels like a a enedless amount of content in them
    I just want the old sims 2 Deluxe Edition, I never knew it was on pc.
    I meant ultimate edition, sorry. Typed that at night. Anyway, what I don't get is why it was removed from origin in the first place? I see sims 4 and 3, but no seems 2 which is really frustrating. I don't want the newer versions as much as the old ones, since I never got a chance to play sims 2 ultimate edition for pc. Not until recently when my sister let me borrow her game for a bit today.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    If they ever sell it, I feel that they should update some of the graphics, but keep the game the same. I missed out on the Ultimate Collection, but I am only missing a couple stuff packs that were released at the tail end the series. I would buy it in a heartbeat.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I was fortunate enough to be able to get UC but still whole heartedly agree with this. It's not perfect, but a great game that everyone should have a chance to get, play, and enjoy.
    The game should definitely stay the same, only thing that needs fixing is graphic errors. I recently got the game on amazon but I'd still buy the game on Origin, just in case my disc breaks or doesn't work someday.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    They don't offer it anymore because they don't want to support it anymore in case it breaks or bugs out or whatever. They need the space on servers to offer answers how to fix your games on more current games like TS3 and TS4. If TS2 was still selling as much as TS3, they might want more server space and dedicated person to fixing problems in the games (I mean crashes, tech stuff etc.) but since TS3 still sells as much as TS4 packs, sometimes, then I guess they need to have customer support work on any tech crashes and the canned responses of how to fix those things in TS3 rather than waste money on telling people how to do those canned responses for TS2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • emozwmbiegrlemozwmbiegrl Posts: 3 New Member
    completely agree!! i already have the sims 2 UC but id definitely buy it if it came out on origin . knowing the sims community it'd probably sell super well. then again, i dont think it ever will though, since the sims team probably doesn't want to have to deal with all the 10+ year old bugs.
    edited January 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They don't offer it anymore because they don't want to support it anymore in case it breaks or bugs out or whatever.

But they have the forums for windows 7/10 fixes, I don't see why they can't just put up as FAQ and link it to that post in forums. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852182/the-sims-2-windows-7-10-fixes#latest
    I fixed my issues because of that post, so I don't see why they can't sell Sims 2 Ultimate Edition with so many helpful information here.
    I even bookmarked this for later just in case I have problems again.
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    If they do, they should edit it so that it includes the Store Edition. I haven't been able to use my old neighbourhoods in years, and even after I found a copy Fun with Pets, the disc simply doesn't contain the EP99 folder.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    They don't offer it anymore because they don't want to support it anymore in case it breaks or bugs out or whatever. They need the space on servers to offer answers how to fix your games on more current games like TS3 and TS4. If TS2 was still selling as much as TS3, they might want more server space and dedicated person to fixing problems in the games (I mean crashes, tech stuff etc.) but since TS3 still sells as much as TS4 packs, sometimes, then I guess they need to have customer support work on any tech crashes and the canned responses of how to fix those things in TS3 rather than waste money on telling people how to do those canned responses for TS2.

I think its because sims 2 doesn't work well on newer computers so they took it down it needs to be updated
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited February 2021
    o0Sazie0o wrote: »
    They don't offer it anymore because they don't want to support it anymore in case it breaks or bugs out or whatever.

But they have the forums for windows 7/10 fixes, I don't see why they can't just put up as FAQ and link it to that post in forums. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852182/the-sims-2-windows-7-10-fixes#latest
    I fixed my issues because of that post, so I don't see why they can't sell Sims 2 Ultimate Edition with so many helpful information here.
    I even bookmarked this for later just in case I have problems again.

They are not going to support third party fixes and player work arounds for crashes, or graphic problems etc. If they can't say uninstall and reinstall then they aren't going to pay someone to be on the supporting end of game from seventeen years ago. The problem is they know TS2 doesn't understand the new graphic cards so they can't actually offer the answers to change their own config files so we can play. That's just not something EA would ever do unless it was a huge paying IP right before a major patch fix for things like that in a pinch.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I don't think that it would be that difficult to upgrade the game to work with modern graphic cards, but if they release it new people would want things like body sliders, shoes, open neighbourhoods and skilling on community lots, and continuous time flow and other things which aren't available in TS2 but people have become accustomed to have in both TS3 and TS4.
    There are mods for height sliders/settings, there are worlds that have lot extenders but not the same as open world, there is a mod for skilling on community lots (and for townies, too, no one wants to marry a dumb townie without any skills) and there are work arounds to set the clocks in TS2 so it's the same time when your Sim returns. It's not impossible to make it more like TS3, however, I don't think EA wants to remarket TS2 when they have a cash cow like TS4 and TS3 is still selling it's store stuff just as high as it always was.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    It's probably mostly a case of they don't want to support it and there are too many issues that understandably occur with newer computers. Even Windows 7 could have issues with the game.

I'm sure if there were very little issues getting the game to run on newer computers that EA would likely be very happy to sell Sims 2.
    Again they could just link to how to fix sims 2 in windows 7/10, people can read and easily set it up. It ain't that hard, specially with this graphics rules maker now. They shouldn't be so stuck up about help from others.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    o0Sazie0o wrote: »
    Again they could just link to how to fix sims 2 in windows 7/10, people can read and easily set it up. It ain't that hard, specially with this graphics rules maker now. They shouldn't be so stuck up about help from others.

Again they don't want to support it.

If they sold it, there would be people going onto the forums and the help chats asking for help and getting angry and upset that EA is selling a game that they don't support.

Because there are people that those steps don't work for them for whatever reason.

The Graphics Rule maker actually breaks my game. I have to do the changes manually for it to work.

So while I would love for EA to sell and support the game again, I do moreso hold to the fact that companies shouldn't sell things they don't wish to support anymore.

And unfortunately, not enough people would likely buy Sims 2 for EA to consider it to be worthwhile to support it.
  • momshavingfunmomshavingfun Posts: 11 New Member
    Reading through this post - I don't care if they don't want to "support it" I want my games. I paid for the entire lot of Sims 2 and moved to Origin play because computers no longer use the discs. I just found out this morning they have removed it from Origin and that feels like thievery to me. Why or how would I want to purchase newer games if they are going to pull the rug out from under us and "remove" the ability to play whenever they want. any

Why are we not allowed access to play our games on our computers (since they "appear" to be there anyway).
  • momshavingfunmomshavingfun Posts: 11 New Member
    You don't need the graphics ruler maker. There are really simple instructions on Youtube to correct that as well as the graphic/shadow issue that came about when I set the game up on my new computer two weeks ago. I am not a tech - I am a grandmother for crying out loud - I was able to make necessary adjustments and the gameplay was fantastic on the new computer.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I would love that as well! i have all the Eps/Sps on disc but also with the updated laptops, they usually don't have a cd drive. Now of course you can get extended drives at best buy which work the same way. But especially with the promotion of no disc drives it would be amazing to be able to download the sims 2 ultimate collection from origin. i would pay for it if i had to as well.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227