Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims become friends with everybody they are not even in contact with.

nonyabusnesnonyabusnes Posts: 52 Member
I'm not sure what's going on here, but I noticed that my sims are becoming friends with people they did not even meet.

For example, the dad of my family just bought an additional house. Suddenly, all of my sims in my active family, which are 6 people, got a bunch of notifications saying:
"I appreciate Sims who take it upon themselves to learn a new craft. Let's get to know eachother better."

I first noticed this when I moved a new sim to a different house. The Sim I had selected before I went into Edit Town mode got the same message, while he never met this sim before.

I don't like the way things go, it's not realistic. Is there a way to change it?
I have story progression mods (with career, money and relationship) installed, MC+cheats, overwatch, career, debug, traveler, whoohooer.

Comments

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I've seen that, too. It's mainly tourists that I get that message from. I don't know why the game does it, but I never mind it since I'm usually working on the Charisma skill, and becoming instant friends with other sims doesn't bother me.
  • nonyabusnesnonyabusnes Posts: 52 Member
    But they don't even meet, they don't even come in contact with these Sims. And they are no tourists.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    The attraction system in this game is absolutely bonkers (and IMO extremely pointless since it doesn't do anything besides give free moodlets) but it also doesn't make instant friends for you. Do any of your sims have high charisma (you get relationship boosts as the skill progresses/you fulfill challenges in the skill journal), lots of friends and acquaintances already (in short: basically gives you the perks of high charisma and finishing charisma skill challenges without ever learning charisma) or the "Attractive" LTR?

And if you want to change the attraction system: can't find a mod that removes it outright but this tuning looks nice and turns it into something meaningful.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I've had that happen when I invite sims over for a party, or chat with them on the computer, but not out of the blue like that.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited January 2021
    If your sim has made some of the charisma skill challenges, they can become instant friends with sims they have any kind of contact with at all. Usually when my sim gets that kind of instant acquaintance or friendship with someone without meeting them, it turns out they are a new coworker. With NRaas Story Progression, "meet all coworkers" is on by default, which is what causes these remote meetings. If you don't want it to happen, you need to set that one on false. Story Progression > General > Career Options > Meet all coworkers. I'm not sure of the exact wording of those steps, because I'm not in my game right now, but that should give you enough of an idea of what you're looking for.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I noticed that after we had the sentiments added, Sim relationships tend to grow MUCH quicker. Sims become good friends with other Sims they may have just chatted at the bar for a few minutes, as opposed to before when it would be several Sim days for my Sim to get a good relationship with another Sim he spent a lot of time with.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have to agree that what is happening is probably a combination of high charisma (as already noted to the OP on a different thread recently), charisma-like LTRs, and then the base game, and SP all trying to be "helpful." And sometimes it really is helpful such as when a sim is new in town, other times it's not realistic. As @IreneSwift points out, there are some ways to help soften the effects but the game is what it is and it wants our sims to have some acquaintances -- the immediate jump to Friends, which reflects a relationship score at or above +40 on the scale from -100 to +100, would be very unusual for a sim with low to no charisma (Good Friend and Best Friend require higher scores each).

What most of us see is yes, the Seasons patch initial attraction message which is often random and silly, and the sim lands on the relationship panel, but with a relationship score of something much closer to 0 or maybe +1 or +2. That's not a Friend, that is an acquaintance. If you have the NRaas RelationshipPanel mod in play, you can zap those sims off the panel and zero out any unwanted relationship scores with a single ctrl-click each. The mod also lets you see the actual numeric relationship score by hovering the mouse over the sim in the panel.

The Seasons patch initial attraction nonsense can also be modded out, I believe it's Shimrod who has a mod that can do that at The Sims Asylum, but that won't necessarily stop the game from "helpfully" forming those initial acquaintance relationships anyway.

@cody6268 - This is TS3. Sentiments are a feature of TS4. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Thanks all for the replies.

@InfraGreen Either I am reading it all wrong in that MTS mod information, or it just gives more friendship and faster? Not sure, thanks for showing me that mod though, I don't think I have seen that one yet. Is it completable with nraas mods though...

@IreneSwift Oh i did not check that out yet. Usually I just don't know where to look ín the SP options.

@igazor It seems with every EP comes with new weird stuff that EA find nice to add. Sometimes I think those EP's are made by sims itself.
    Sometimes I call things 'Sim Logic'. Oh well, good thing we have NRaas Industries B)
    I'm also going to look into that The Sims Asylum, gonna see what they have what might change it.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @IreneSwift Oh i did not check that out yet. Usually I just don't know where to look ín the SP options.

Yeah, there's a lot there. It takes a long time to become familiar with it all. It took me a few months after going to the site, looking at SP, and getting totally overwhelmed, before I felt up to even trying it.

IreneSwift wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a lot there. It takes a long time to become familiar with it all. It took me a few months after going to the site, looking at SP, and getting totally overwhelmed, before I felt up to even trying it.

Yeah, pretty much, but it's also kinda fun to find solutions to problems, even though it takes me quite some time to continue with the game itself. Quite challenging since English isn't my first language so I got to learn a few new words too :p Good thing they have FAQ's and theres google if I cannot solve things myself. Oh and forums :lol:
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I figured this nonsense is the usual Maxis/EA push for our sims to know and become friends with every other sim in the known universe. Its really a pet peeve of mine, and I tend to ramble on about it every chance I get :D So I'll stop now. Except to say its utter nonsense, and I don't want unknown sims on my "friends list".

Nraas mods are literally life- and sanity savers (and no doubt I'll look into more of them). The relationshippanel mod is great, as I like to get a proper introduction in, so I at least learn 3 of the sims traits. If I don't get an introduction in before they get on my panel, bye bye sim. I do the same in TS4, with MCCC.