Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk more about Sims 5.

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
What do you want to see?

Over various threads I do see wishes for these kind of things:
▪Basic weather in the base game
▪Open world or neighborhood
▪Create a world/color wheels
▪Attraction system, wants/fears, memories
▪Sophisticated personality system

Besides those things that often get covered in this topic, what are some other things you want to see?

This thread for people who want Sims 5 and interested in talking about its future.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    - Travel to ALL worlds like TS4 has
    - Aliens in the base game, with in-depth personalities and skills
    - Generations in the base game
    - Occult packs to come out more frequently than they are now
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2021
    Id like to see:
    ▪Sim and family bios. You can view any sims bio from the relationship tab. Bring back the ingame story/screenshot and word editor to make our own stories.
    ▪The return of TS4 gallery
    ▪Occults are exclusive to their own expansions
    ▪Life simulating. I want to buy my groceries, clothing etc. Go to hospital to deliver (or midwife). Make my sim leave the house.
    ▪Baby showers/gender reveals. More party varietys.
    ▪Create-A tools. Create your own schools (their icon, uniform, hours). Create a faith or culture (allow your sims to be religious/spiritual if they choose, cultural clothing or activities). Create-A neighborhood/world. With its own laws, traditions, festivals etc.
    ▪Nice black hair from base game. Please dont make us buy packs or rely on CC.
    ▪Return of the classic NPCs. Use a lot of sims lore, dont make it basic. Really dig in.
    Post edited by StrawberryYogurt on

Also bring back the skill challenges/skill tree from Sims 3:

latest?cb=20110714123321

I love skilling up my sims and I want it to be more challenging. I LOVE the way Sims 3 did it, there are bonuses for continuing in your craft even when you are maxed out in the skill.

In TS2:FT youd lose hobby enthusiasm when youd go a long time without engaging in your hobby. I think you should also begin to lose skill points when you dont continually work at them - but only by so much. Like if you are a retired chef and no longer cook much at all, you start to lose skill points. But capping at the maximum of 5 skill points lost - you've still got it, but it may take you a minute to get back into your usual chef self.

But without the barrage of notifications Sims 2 used to throw at you.

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2021
    An engine that supports open world. Game options that allow you to increase or lower graphical requirements with options such as amount of sims, cars, render distance etc.

CAS with Create a Style, Color Wheel, more details, more accessories, layered clothing so you can combine jackets with shirts for example. You can save outfits. All CAS items have a "disable for random" option.

The game doesn't generate clothes for townies, it uses a list of outfits that the player can edit themselves. This way you could create a medieval world for example.

Live mode has game options like how you want the game to spawn sims, amount of celebrites, occults etc. you can decide how many you want, or none at all. So you can create a world with just occults, or none at all. You can configure story progression, or turn it off, you can configure difficulty, packs come with additional configurations.

Base game comes with a lot of basic features that can be expanded upon with packs. For example cars, car pack, cars included with a parenthood pack, cars included with a get famous pack etc.

If there are online functionality, add options to turn it off for people who wants to play without using online features.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    All new sims and backstories.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Less Restrictions! That's a biggie for me!

• I want community lots to be anything I want them to be. I should be able to put down any interactive object and it spawn the required NPC to function. Stop Restricting Us!
    • Editable worlds! I want to be able to add/remove anything in my world! (A CAW would be even better so I can put down roads how I want them without being restricted to what the game ships with). Stop Restricting Us!
    • Bigger worlds, I need more lots per world, this trend of giving us 5-7 lots per world with tons of unusable space around the lots has got to stop! While I don't need to have 100 lots per world, about 30 would be sufficient for me. Stop Restricting Us!
    • I prefer open world, but I would be ok with open neighborhoods ..... as long as it's truly "open", I want to be able to visit the bar across the street from me without a loading screen, walk to the community pool in that neighborhood and enter that lot without a loading screen, visit my neighbor and knock on their door without a loading screen, etc! Stop Restricting Us!
    • I want the ability to make functional apartments in the basegame, apartments are a part of RL, most young people start out in some type of apartment living before they ever purchase a house, we should have that ability in the base game too. Stop Restricting Us!
    • I need CASt and Colorwheel to be brought back for everything! (Hair, Clothing, Eyes, Accessories, Shoes, Furniture, Objects, Walls, Floors), I think they should keep the swatch system for those people who don't like, get overwhelmed, or can't use CASt for whatever reason, but it should be an available option for the people who prefer it and have no problems with it. Stop Restricting Us!
    • In a perfect world, the packs would come in 2 versions ...... one that just contains CAS/BB stuff only, and one that has all of the gameplay options, because people are just big whiney babies about things in packs they don't want, yet they still buy it. It's not fair to people who bought a pack for specific gameplay and then it get removed due to the complaints!
    • Terrain tool from the beginning of the game, including a pond tool!
    • Traits that actually make sims behave different from each other, I personally do not like the emotions, I think they're too over powering. I also would like to get rid of the happy, smiling, default sims (unless your sim has the "Perpetually Happy" trait, or something like that). I don't know anybody in RL who wears a smile 24/7.
    • I need some type of attraction system, likes/dislikes, favorites, gender preference, etc.
    • I would like teens to look like teens again, instead of like young adults.

I could go on and on, but those are my top "must haves".
    BTW ..... I don't know if anybody else has seen this tweet from Sims Community twitter account, but supposedly there's new speculation information on Sims 5 being in development, due to some new job postings on Maxis Careers.

[*] Bigger worlds, I need more lots per world, this trend of giving us 5-7 lots per world with tons of unusable space around the lots has got to stop! While I don't need to have 100 lots per world, about 30 would be sufficient for me. Stop Restricting Us!
    [*]
    [*] Traits that actually make sims behave different from each other, I personally do not like the emotions, I think they're too over powering. I also would like to get rid of the happy, smiling, default sims (unless your sim has the "Perpetually Happy" trait, or something like that). I don't know anybody in RL who wears a smile 24/7.

Yes in TS2 you had a huge land and you set down the land plots. 64x64 or 12x16 etc. And you decide if its a community lot or residential. Want something like that back.

I think the whole emotion system needs to be scrapped and go back to a personality point/trait hybrid system, accompanied by an attraction system. Their personality HAS to make a difference in the gameplay. I want each sim to act and think differently.

BTW ..... I don't know if anybody else has seen this tweet from Sims Community twitter account, but supposedly there's new speculation information on Sims 5 being in development, due to some new job postings on Maxis Careers.

Yup this is why I made this thread. I want people to make more too! The earlier we begin brainstorming maybe some ideas can be implemented.

All new sims and backstories.

This would be nice, too. I wouldnt mind nods to the classic townies/premades though. Nevertheless when I play the sims I always delete all the premades and make my own community. Buh bye Goths!

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    as a player what i went in the sims5 is for the game to focus more on realisim and lest fantasy and occult unless they include toggles so that each players can customise there game for there play stayle and laundry in the basegame
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    as a player what i went in the sims5 is for the game to focus more on realisim and lest fantasy and occult unless they include toggles so that each players can customise there game for there play stayle and laundry in the basegame

Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever happen. Fantasy/Occults have been a big part of every single version of The Sims, and there's a large fan base for that so I personally don't think they will ever stop creating occult packs in TS5 or any other versions.

Now, I do think they should implement toggles for occults to give players the option of having occults in that particular save.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Paralives. No more newer versions of Sims, boring, Zzz.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Honeslty I feel tired of it. I see that community lives from path to patch, from generation to generation. Due to that pressure I feel that every TS generation finish its life as unfinisched and still bugged product. It will be annoying if we get half-baked TS5 and TS4 will be abdoned. TS5 and TS4 fanw will be disappointed in this situation. My expectations for TS5 are extremally low. I think that if EA will ever give us TS5, expansions will be more splited and more expensive. For example dogs will be in another own expansion and cats in the another one.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Judging by another game EA are bringing out in March and all the requirements that Simmers want with Sims5 everybody should be saving up for a computer able to run it. A two person (home or friend online) game, coming out in March starts with minimum requirements of 8 Gig memory but recommended is 16 Gig.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Real shopping venue, for clothing and grocery with alternative online shopping.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

[*] Bigger worlds, I need more lots per world, this trend of giving us 5-7 lots per world with tons of unusable space around the lots has got to stop! While I don't need to have 100 lots per world, about 30 would be sufficient for me. Stop Restricting Us!
    [*]
    [*] Traits that actually make sims behave different from each other, I personally do not like the emotions, I think they're too over powering. I also would like to get rid of the happy, smiling, default sims (unless your sim has the "Perpetually Happy" trait, or something like that). I don't know anybody in RL who wears a smile 24/7.

Yes in TS2 you had a huge land and you set down the land plots. 64x64 or 12x16 etc. And you decide if its a community lot or residential. Want something like that back.

I think the whole emotion system needs to be scrapped and go back to a personality point/trait hybrid system, accompanied by an attraction system. Their personality HAS to make a difference in the gameplay. I want each sim to act and think differently.

I agree with this, the whole emotion system actually make the sims all act the same, like I don't know why everyone who brush their teeth all of a sudden become confidence, before bed.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    izecson wrote: »

[*]

I agree with this, the whole emotion system actually make the sims all act the same, like I don't know why everyone who brush their teeth all of a sudden become confidence, before bed.

I'm sorry but I thought this quite funny as the only Sims who would want to feel confident before going to bed would probably be those couples wanting to woohoo! I suppose that the Sims 4 AI is not advanced enough for that yet. Maybe in Sims 5, yes? :DB)
    izecson wrote: »
    Real shopping venue, for clothing and grocery with alternative online shopping.

Yup really want clothing and grocery venue! And not all clothes available at CAS. Some you have to go out to stores and buy them. And make some really expensive! Or fairly cheap.

SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Paralives. No more newer versions of Sims, boring, Zzz.

In the original post:
    This thread for people who want Sims 5 and interested in talking about its future.

I want paralives too but im here totalk about possibilities of TS5

edited January 2021
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Honeslty I feel tired of it. I see that community lives from path to patch, from generation to generation. Due to that pressure I feel that every TS generation finish its life as unfinisched and still bugged product. It will be annoying if we get half-baked TS5 and TS4 will be abdoned. TS5 and TS4 fanw will be disappointed in this situation. My expectations for TS5 are extremally low. I think that if EA will ever give us TS5, expansions will be more splited and more expensive. For example dogs will be in another own expansion and cats in the another one.

My dissapointment in TS4 cant get any lower since inception lol but why do you expect TS5 to be half-baked?
    I flip flop between being hopeful for TS5 and not. I dont trust the current team/company to make a Sims 5 I would want but seeing how they are hiring more people and making moves still makes me excited to see. If its a huge letdown, ill just continue to play Sims 2 and 3 like I am right now. And I never pay the overpriced expansions. I wait until a sale always. Ive only spent like $40 on TS4.

I agree. Also put all the occults in their own pack (stop putting vampires in my highrise cities god dangit!) and/or add toggles.

My dissapointment in TS4 cant get any lower lol but why do you expect TS5 to be half-baked?
    I flip flop between being hopeful for TS5 and not. I dont trust the current team/company to make a Sims 5 I would want but seeing how they are hiring more people and making moves still makes me excited to see. If its a huge letdown, ill just continue to play Sims 2 and 3 like I am right now. And I never pay the overpriced expansions. I wait until a sale always. Ive only spent like $40 on TS4.

That's exactly how I feel. I'm ready for a change and just want to hear what it will be like, what it will look like, what the gameplay aspects will be. Am I worried that TS5 is going to be nothing more than TS4.5? Absolutely, especially because they continue to want to push for an online aspect, and we all know what happened with TS4 because of that.

I try to tell myself that if they are knowingly making the engine from the beginning to have both single player and online capabilities that it won't be too bad. And I hope that's not the wrong way of thinking.

I do fear that the current trend of splitting up the packs into multiple, multiple packs will continue with the new iteration. But, I'm really hoping upon hope is that the basegame is so complete and satisfying from the release date that packs won't be something that feels absolutely "necessary" to make the game more enjoyable.

edited January 2021

My dissapointment in TS4 cant get any lower lol but why do you expect TS5 to be half-baked?

That's exactly how I feel. I'm ready for a change and just want to hear what it will be like, what it will look like, what the gameplay aspects will be. Am I worried that TS5 is going to be nothing more than TS4.5? Absolutely, especially because they continue to want to push for an online aspect, and we all know what happened with TS4 because of that.

I do fear that the current trend of splitting up the packs into multiple, multiple packs will continue with the new iteration. But, I'm really hoping upon hope is that the basegame is so complete and satisfying from the release date that packs won't be something that feels absolutely "necessary" to make the game more enjoyable.

Oh I hate the dlc for dlc! I wont ever support it. Only maybe in a sale, but never at normal price and not at a high price tag either. I do want base game to be satisfactory. Dont they realize putting their heart into the game ultimately will be better? Good quality and substanence? For their reputation and fan loyalty? People would even be more willing to buy. Its crazy.

I dont mind if they split it as a multiplayer & online game as long as they really make it fun for single players. Maybe theyll push all their microtransactions and dlc for dlc stuff the online side...which idc, Id never use it anyway lol. I only played Sims 1 Gamecube couch coop with my sister before which was really fun. But i wouldnt use sims online features.

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I don't want another badly stripped-down basegame.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but the minimum acceptable standard for me to go from Sims 4 to Sims 5 will be the Crusader Kings III standard.

CK2 had 15 DLCs on top of its basegame. Paradox knew full well that players had sunk hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros into it, so they needed to offer something so good that players would feel like they were getting a complete experience. And lo and behold, just about every major feature that worked in CK2 and all its DLC was in CK3 right out of the box. They're going to expand on that (and I'm already in "shut up and take my money" mode whenever those DLC come out.)

Likewise, and elsewhere in Europe, there are games like the Truck Simulator games that are clearly built for the future by their developers; they have a very robust engine under the hood and get excellent support not only for the new packs that come out but also for bugs that creep into the codebase as time goes on. The engine's also super-extendable; when Euro Truck Simulator 2 came out in 2012, it still ran on DirectX 9. Since then, all kinds of major graphical and sound upgrades have been put in, all in completely free patches, and the lighting improvements planned for 1.40 later this winter/in early spring look amazing in development screenshots. American Truck Simulator, which came out in 2016 originally, saw its two major DLC last year (Idaho and Colorado) become the top-selling items on all of Steam on their launch days—how often do DLC packs for a fairly niche game series sell to that much of their playerbase, all on day one? Not often.

This is what EA is up against. They're still trying to use a business model that their competition in the "lifestyle game" space has evolved well past. As a lot of others have speculated, they've gotten a bit complacent (there's a good reason 2004 is the best Madden game; after NFL 2K5 mopped the floor with Madden, EA secured the exclusive license with the NFL, and the series went straight downhill. That's what being a monopoly buys you.)

With the Sims, they now have to compete with themselves; if an open-world Sims 5 isn't as good as Sims 3, nobody will bother buying Sims 5 because, y'know, they can just play Sims 3.

Likewise, if a more restricted game isn't as good as Sims 4, nobody will buy Sims 5 because, well, we'll be playing Sims 4.

The suits at EA need to realize that they'll make more money if they do it the right way. Look at SimCity 2013 and the New Coke-size debacle that came from that. That's Sims 5's ultimate fate if they take half-measures.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space