Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited January 2021
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    emorrill wrote: »
    Wait, why does Haley need to lie it's the time of the month... Can't these two just be honest to each other?
    ^Right? Honesty is SO important in any relationship...Who knows the reason for her not telling him the whole truth on why she wanted to abstain from sex.

Wait, I thought I read that Haley told Harvey her cycle was regular and she knew when she was fertile so not to woohoo during that time.

@KevinL5275 We were talking about that bit I threw in about her lying to Alex about it being that "time of the month" when she was just ovulating. And why couldn't she just be honest with him about it and say, "I'm ovulating so this really isn't the time we should be doing it anyway despite what Harvey suggested..." (Does that make sense?)
    It's like she really doesn't want to have kids does she? 😕
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited January 2021
    Here's the next bit of Chapter 11 everyone. :mrgreen:

These two scenes were also very enjoyable for me to write and...took a lot of careful thought. 😵 I also added in some of the Stardew Valley "Lore" again (mostly for character development). Sorry it's wordy, but it's good. ;) Enjoy! :kissing_heart:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 11

The next day Emily fully expected Shane to finally be fed up with staying in his bedroom for over two weeks and ready to get out. He did express the first part, but didn’t show any inclination that he was ready to leave. Yet.

The desire could happen at any moment and she was trying desperately to prepare her heart for when it arrived.

For now the two sat on the couch talking about the quest and how long they might be living in this world before accomplishing it. Then the subject naturally shifted to their families back home in Pelican Town. Emily couldn’t be sure if her parents were home from their vacation - their return dates always changed - but she imagined they probably were. Especially if word reached them that their two daughters had gone missing. Shane didn’t feel, or express, too much concern for his Aunt Marnie and Jas. Marnie was always a very strong and responsible woman. He knew Jas was in fully capable hands in his absence. Now how Jas was feeling and faring with him being gone...was something he just couldn’t think about.

“So let me ask you something,” Shane began to ask Emily, changing the subject somewhat. “It’s no secret that your parents are totally the richest folks in town...”
    “Pfft, please!” came Emily’s response.
    “You know it’s true,” he said with an unconvinced, squinty-eyed glance. And she did. “So in regards to that I’ve always wondered...Why do you work at the Saloon; of all places? Or hell why do you feel the need to work at all? I imagine if you ever needed anything your parents would just give it to you.” He asked out of a hint of envy, but was genuinely curious.

50805832036_d740cbf7c1_c.jpg

“Oh they would...,” Emily revealed with distaste, “but I wanted to be independent. Show them and the world that I could make it on my own without their money. But more than that, I wanted to show myself, and it’s been,” she smiled, “empowering.”
    Shane nodded, instantly respecting that. Boy she really is something isn't she?
    “And someday, I’m going to own my own clothing shop that carries my own fashion line. I’ll call it, 'Clothing Therapy.' Because self-expression with the right clothing can be a powerful healing tool in helping us overcome our personal issues and insecurities. It'll be complete with all natural beauty products and remedies. Just you wait and see.” She winked.
    He smiled. “That’s great. Guess it goes to show not all rich kids are snobby and carry a sense of entitlement, like your sister…”
    “Hey!”
    “Well sorry, but--”
    “It’s okay,” she chuckled, waving his explanation away, “it’s totally true.” As much as it saddened her to admit.

50805949707_71a96ecb5e_c.jpg

Then she lowered her gaze and hands down into her lap, her tone growing somber. “I was hoping I could set a good example to her, getting a job like that, but,” she met his gaze again, “I dunno what she wants to do with her life. She still does photography in her free time, but whether she’s willing to make a living out of it, I just don’t know.”
    “Is she good at it?”
    I think so. There’s definitely potential there. She just,” she sighed, with a pang of sorrow in her heart, “doesn’t understand the value of independence and hard work, and I feel she will learn it the hard way.”
    Shane lightly patted her arm, not really knowing what else to say, but certainly agreeing. Sometimes that’s the only way people will learn no matter how well they’ve been guided. He would know.

The subject changed to her job at the Stardrop Saloon.

“You’ve totally noticed that Clint has the hots for you right?”
    “What!?” Emily cried in disbelief. “Clint? The Blacksmith Clint?”

50805831876_f458131222_m.jpg

“Yeah. Who else has that name in town?”
    “What makes you think he has the hots for me?”
    “How could you not notice?” he gestured with his hand. “The way he would stare at you working behind the bar while sipping on his beer and then look away when you looked at him. Then his eyeballs would follow you everywhere you went around the Saloon. It was totally obvious.”

50805949827_373a9c37fc_c.jpg

Emily’s jaw fell from a giant, embarrassed smile. “YOU noticed all of that?”
    Shane looked away with a slight blush, before answering, “Well...yeah, he always sits pretty close to my hangout spot so…it was hard not to notice.”
    “Clint huh? I never would’ve guessed.” She held a hand to her heart. “That’s actually kinda cute; and flattering.”
    “I mean there were a couple of times I wanted to slap the dude silly and say, ‘Just ask her out already,’ because he was driving me to drink all the more with his cowardice!”

50805949807_3ccb4c5e53_c.jpg

Giggling, Emily leaned forward a bit and wove her fingers together, before shooting him a blushed grin. “You really noticed all that?”
    “I really did,” he bluntly answered, feeling the annoyance again.
    Okay… “In that case,” she carefully asked, twiddling her thumbs, “do you think I should take a chance on him when we get back?” She couldn’t help testing the man her heart truly loved and continually yearned for. It demanded it, and this was a prime opportunity, but at the same time it was afraid and threw up all its strongest defenses just in case.

For a moment Shane was taken aback by the question, an expression of uneasiness gradually writing upon his face. His eyes drifted downward. He wanted to say, ‘No. He’s not right for you,’ because that’s what he truly felt. Not back then, but he did now. However, who was he to say what kind of man was right or wrong for someone like Emily? To him, she was too perfect for just anyone. The man for her would have to be equally perfect and from what he could gather, Clint wasn’t that man. A lucky man that would be, he thought with a pounding heart.

His lack of an immediate response was forming a pit in Emily’s stomach, he could see it in her eyes, so he chose to answer with, “If you’re interested in him and want to pursue a relationship then go for it. But,” he paused, “if you want to give it a try simply because you know he likes you when you really aren’t that into him then I wouldn’t suggest it. You don’t wanna lead him on.”

The corners of Emily’s lip turned up into a smile, her heart satisfied. It was an incredibly thoughtful thing for him to say, especially toward someone he hardly knew. The best of himself had returned, and the door was still open. “You’re right, I’ll remember that.”

The two then sat back into the couch, quietly expelling the breaths their racing hearts were producing. They stared at the wall in silence, lost in their innermost thoughts about the other.

50805085578_0bfd37f2a0_c.jpg

Abigail searched through all the spell books she could find at the Library, looking for a spell that would grant her the ability to communicate with the Wizard Rasmodius by any means possible. Obviously she wasn’t having much luck.

There was one spell, she flipped back a few pages to study again, that might work, but she needed a couple of native gemstones that were not in their foraging pile. Blue topaz and a luminorious gem. These are not going to be easy to find, she imagined, I better research where to find them. IF I can find them, especially with that dang barrier blocking the way to the rest of the world! Her search area was very limited indeed which in turn would limit her luck.

Her research showed that finding the blue topaz would be fairly easy, but the luminorious gem, not so much. I’ll deal with that later! For now I’m gonna get my hands on a blue topaz!

She called Sebastian asking him if he would help her look around the countryside for the gemstone, telling him it was needed for one of the medicines Harvey and Maru were compounding. His motorcycle would certainly help get them into places where a car wouldn’t and...how could she ever resist an opportunity to ride on a motorcycle with him? Sebastian was more than happy to help, and get some alone time with, his favorite girl.

The wind in their hair and faces felt much more chilling this time around compared to their last ride together. Fall was here and that would soon mean no more motorcycle rides for a while; most likely they’d be back home before they’d get to ride together again. Abigail clung tighter to his waist, resting her cheek upon his back and savoring it.

“So we’re looking for a Mine?” Sebastian loudly asked, making sure he was going in the right direction because they had been riding for a few miles, passing many hills, and he hadn’t been able to spot an entrance to one.
    “Yes!” she answered, glancing up. “It’s way out. This road should lead us right to it.” At least from what she remembered when looking up directions on the World-Wide Web. “Ooh,” she cried. “I SO wanna check out that old building. Quick! Stop!”

50805949972_b3ff761d01_c.jpg

It turned out to be a decaying, barn-like home on the riverbank, easily around a hundred years old Abigail gathered, complete with an attached dock that provided access to the river. “Wow,” she breathed, staring up at it. “How wealthy would you have to have been to have a house like this in the old days?”
    Sebastian shrugged.
    “Let’s go check it out!”
    “I dunno Abby, it doesn’t look safe. The roof is freaking caving in.”
    “Pleeease? We’ll just poke inside for a little bit. I really wanna see! I LOVE looking at pieces of history like this!”
    “Okay…”

They had fun checking out the old place, which wasn’t as worn down on the inside as it was on the outside. There were still plenty of broken and rickety floorboards, cobwebs, lichen growing on some surfaces, and animal droppings scattered about. Abigail was hoping she would sense a ghostly presence within - and maybe find some treasures - but to her disappointment the place held neither.

Upon exiting the home, Abigail shaded her eyes as she gazed further down the road. “If this house is here, then that must mean we’re close to the Mine. In fact,” she squinted harder, “I think I can see it.”
    “Really?”
    “Yeah. That walking path there may get us to it quicker.”
    Sebastian now shaded and squinted his eyes to see. “If you say so. We can easily ride through there.”
    “No let’s go on foot. There might be some other useful stuff lying around on the way we can collect that we’d miss by speeding by. C’mon! Last one there is a rotten egg!” And off she darted toward the walking path.
    “Hey!” Sebastian cried. He turned his head toward his motorcycle, then back to a swiftly disappearing Abigail, and then back to the motorcycle. Ah hell there’s no one else here in this world so the bike will be fine. He sprinted as fast as he could to catch up with her. Usually Sam was always the rotten egg, but this time he feared it would be him.

50805832171_ca235f6d84_c.jpg

When he finally caught up to her at the Mine, he found her squealing with excitement as she waved a large blue and grey stone at him that glimmered in the sunlight. “I found it!” she revealed. “It was just laying here right outside the entrance. No joke!” She couldn’t tell if it had been an act of the Wizard or an act of God, but either way she considered it a good sign!
    “Well isn’t that something?” Sebastian said, resting his hands on his knees to catch a few breaths. His arms wobbled a bit from supporting his weight so he quickly stood up straight while cursing under his breath. “Hey Abby, since we’re done here, do you mind if we stop by the store on the way back? I want to see if they have any cigarettes.”

Abigail’s smile instantly turned into a frown as she approached him, but she tried not to show too much of it. If there was one thing she didn’t like about the man she loved - the only thing - it was his smoking. He didn’t do it often, but to her, doing it at all was bad enough. She loved him too much to watch him slowly kill himself with those things. There were many times in the past she and Sam would throw out hints about their disgust with his smoking, hoping it would encourage him to quit, but just when they thought he had decided to, he was back to lighting up a cigarette in some random moment.
    “If there’s no alcohol in this world, I doubt there’s cigs,” she said to him.
    “I just wanna check and see alright?” he shot back at her in a tone that wasn’t intended. Seeing her expression, he swiftly turned away in shame and headed back to the motorcycle.
    Abigail felt an ache in her chest as she followed behind him, it was rare for him to raise his voice at her. The two didn’t say a word to each other until they reached the motorcycle and got on, heading back into town.

Abigail waited outside in one of the outdoor dining chairs as Sebastian looked around inside the grocery store. She refused to support or watch him purchase his cigarettes, and maybe the androids creeped her out a little bit. If I were the Wizard I would’ve done it differently, she thought. I would’ve replaced the business owners with cute, magical creatures like Owls, baby Dragons, Hippogriffs, or a Phoenix! The thought made her grin like a giddy child, but when Sebastian approached the table it faded.

“Da’mm’it!” he voiced, plopping himself down into the seat next to her. “You were right.” He rested his face into his hands, expelling a couple of frustrated breaths, and then combed away the sweat and hair from his face with his fingers.
    “I’m sorry…,” she said with sincerity.

50805086183_1bed671415_c.jpg

“I’m beginning to understand how Shane’s been feeling lately. Well, a little bit anyway.”
    “You’re feeling withdrawals?”
    “Yes. And they really really su’ck! I keep getting these random hand spasms, I can’t think clearly, and every little thing seems to be pis’sing me off! Sorry about my tone back there,” he glumly expressed. “I didn’t mean to be a je'rk. Especially to you.”

Abigail smiled in thanks, understanding now, and reached out to place a caring hand upon his own. “Tell me all about it Seb; just let it all out,” she encouraged, with a listening ear and love glimmering in her eyes.

“Well, for starters there’s sharing a house with all those guys,” he began, his eyes closing and eyebrows slamming together at the thought. “Our personalities don’t always mesh, it’s noisy, and I feel like I don’t have any place to be alone. I need my solitude! I’m used to it and I go nuts without it!”
    “I know you do,” she smiled, squeezing his hand. “Maybe you could retreat somewhere outside, like the back porch? Or if that doesn’t work you can certainly find some alone time in all sorts of places here in town. The Library has computers!” When his delighted gaze met hers she nodded at him with wide eyes.
    “Sweet! You know, I don’t know why I never thought to do that...guess cause normally ‘in town’ is noisy and crowded. Thanks Abby.” He smiled in appreciation.
    She blushed.
    Then he shifted his gaze forward with a sigh. “That’s the other thing, I miss doing computer programming. It’s the one thing that made me feel like I was doing something worthwhile in my life. And I’m good at it. It’s the perfect job for me.” He could see Abigail nod out of the corner of his eye. “I was sick of my family not taking me seriously about it. My step-dad I expected that from, that’s just him, but my mom...that hurts.”

50805950122_9653313905_c.jpg

“I know…” she sympathized. They’d had this conversation before.
    “I doubt they’ve even noticed I’m gone. They certainly didn’t notice me much when I was there…”
    “Hey,” she soothed, squeezing his hand again. “You know that’s not true. That’s the withdrawal talking.”
    He didn’t need to be reminded of that, but he knew she was only saying it to provide comfort. “Gosh I could really use a smoke right now!” he groaned, throwing his face into his hands again, elbows on the table, and rubbing at his temples.
    “I know,” she said again, “and it’s understandable. But unfortunately...you can’t right now so you just gotta push through it. If Shane can, you certainly can. You are strong Seb! You don’t need those things. Don’t let your mind tell you otherwise.”
    “I’m trying to be strong.”
    “Maybe you could talk to Harvey about it? See what he suggests doing to help alleviate the craving.” She couldn’t help throwing his own advice to her back at him.
    “No way. He’ll just lecture me about it and it’s why I never told him I smoke. Nah uh.”

50805086228_99b09c9d01_c.jpg

Abigail held his gaze for a moment with a furrowed brow. “I’m pretty sure he already knows...it’s a small town and you live with his assistant.”
    He shook his head, knowing she was right.
    “I really don’t think Harvey would lecture you at all. He’s been really thoughtful and understanding toward all of us since we landed here. And he’s not as an’al and judgmental about our health as much as we thought he was. He just wants to help us in any way he can.”

50805950157_87ceb82512_c.jpg

“Well, dudes aren’t as swift to go to other guys for help, like you girls are toward each other. Especially ones they don’t really know.”
    “What is it with you guys in seeking out help for...anything!?” she asked, spreading her hands apart.

50805086138_0f9dc7f072_c.jpg

Sebastian’s eyes widened at her reaction.
    “Sorry, but seriously. People aren’t meant to handle everything in life all by themselves that’s why God gave us other human beings to interact with and help lift us up when we fall.”
    Sebastian opened his mouth to say something, but Abigail already knew what it was.
    “And I know you’re an introvert and don’t like being around people all the time or sharing your deepest feelings, but c’mon Seb...how many times have you felt SO much better just from randomly talking to me or Sam about how annoying it is to be in Maru’s shadow, or your dad being a je’rk, or how much you just wanna get the hell out of Pelican Town and start a brand new life in Zuzu City?” She arched a brow at him. “Huh?”
    Cracking a smile at her seriously cute expression there, Sebastian slightly bobbed his head. He couldn’t argue with her as it did always make him feel better. “Okay, you’re right,” he admitted, hoping to end the subject quickly. “But why should I go to Harvey about my smoking problem when I have you?” He smiled. “I feel better already just talking about it with you. My best friend.”
    Abigail’s cheeks turned rosy above her smile. “I’m glad, but what I’m mostly saying is don’t be afraid to seek out professional help where it’s needed cause...I ain’t no professional.” She chuckled.
    “Could’ve fooled me,” he said with a shrug and a smirk.

Her grin grew brighter, as well as her rosy cheeks. Suddenly her phone vibrated in her pants pocket. She pulled it out and found it was a text message from Sam.
    Where are you guys? She read outloud. And tell Seb to answer his dang phone!
    “I didn’t hear or feel him call,” Sebastian said, reaching for his phone. “Ah. So he sent me a few text messages. I’m not used to this messaging thing…”
    “Me neither,” she chuckled. “But it’s pretty awesome isn’t it?”
    “For sure! It’ll be hard to go back to a less advanced society.” He winked. “Guess we should be heading back huh?”
    “Yeah,” Abigail somewhat agreed as she stood up from the chair, her nervousness kicking in again. Oh no you don’t! I have to tell him! Sam can wait! It’s a shame there wasn’t a spell that could take away all the reservations and fears that resided within her soul.

Before she could speak though, she found Sebastian enveloping her in his arms.
    “Thanks Abby,” he expressed, “for always being there for me.”

50805832526_bd237d7575_c.jpg

The closeness of his body against hers put her under a spell that no magic could ever conjure up. She gave him a light squeeze. “You’re welcome Seb. I always will be.” She fully expected them to break their embrace, but Sebastian didn’t budge. He continued to hold her.
    “Seriously Abby you are the coolest girl I’ve ever known. Nothing about you surprises me anymore. You’re everything a man could want in a girl, and more.”
    Yeeeeeahh. Her heart pounded. That was supposed to be something that would make her heart melt, not give her anxiety. She really hated it. “You’re so sweet,” was all she could say.

Now Sebastian stepped back; just a little. “I didn’t think I was addicted to cigarettes since I don’t smoke a whole lot, but,” he sighed, “I guess it’s true what they say, you’re hooked after the first smoke.”
    “Yep.”
    He studied her face a bit after that prompt response. “You don’t like that I smoke do you?”
    She was glad to hear him finally ask about her feelings on it. “No...I really don’t.”
    He lowered his eyes with a nod.

50805950467_5f1d8da761_c.jpg

“Only because I care so much about you Seb...and I don’t want you to die young.”
    He cracked a smile. “Guess that should be motivation enough for me to quit huh?”
    “Yeah.” Her face beamed.
    Then he tenderly pulled her in closer to him. “For you Abby, I’ll do anything.”

50805086318_5b48a4f60b_c.jpg

Awww! she internally squealed as she found him slowly leaning in with that desiring look in his eye, both of their pulses rising. It was happening! The moment she’d been waiting for for a long time.

But she lowered her head to stop it and his lips met instead with her forehead. For a second, Sebastian’s heart sank into his stomach. Abigail’s was already there.

“Seb...I have to tell you something,” she said in a barely audible voice, consumed with emotion. She couldn’t allow him to give his kisses and heart away to her, not before she revealed the whole truth about herself. It didn’t feel right.
    “Okay…,” he shuddered, stepping back. “What is it?”
    Abigail gulped. “I - I don’t even know where to begin with this...” She nervously scratched at the back of her head, the tears prickling behind her eyes.
    He could see the tears forming and instantly his heart and hands reached out to her. He rested his hands on her shoulders, lowering his head to lock eyes with her. “Abby it’s okay, it’s me...you can tell me anything.”
    Her glistening eyes held his gaze, her chest rising and falling. She believed him, but the revelation was just too great...

His phone rang and broke the intense silence.

The two lowered their eyes, cursing the timing. When he asked her permission to answer it with his eyes, she nodded at him. “It better not be Sam,” he grumbled as held the phone to his ear. “Hello?”
    "Hey Sebby."
    “Oh...Maru,” he said mostly to inform Abigail. “What’s up?”
    "Where are you?"
    He rolled his eyes. Why is everyone so curious as to where we are!? “Abby and I are in town hanging out. We went to look for that blue topaz you and Harvey need.”
    Oh CR’AP! Abigail thought, her face turning pale.
    "What? We aren’t needing a blue topaz...Unless Harvey asked her to get it."
    “I guess he did,” Sebastian said, throwing a look at Abigail again to which she simply shrugged with a pasted on smile. She wasn’t sure what Maru said, but it seemed like she was in the clear.

50805832106_0746716224_c.jpg

"You know it makes sense that he would, because I think I remember reading that blue topaz helps with inflammation and--"
    “What is it you want Maru?” He didn’t mean to sound rude, but Abigail had something to tell him.

"Oh right, so we’re trying to convert a couple of computers here for medical purposes and we figured someone with your programming expertise could better help us do it."
    Sebastian was dumbfounded. “Really?”
    "Yeah! Computer programming is what you’ve been doing in your bedroom for the past two years isn’t it?"
    For a second it was hard for him to get the words out. “Uh...yeah, actually. I...didn’t think you knew that. Or cared.”
    "Of course I did. Mom always made sure to tell me when you were working so I wouldn’t make too much noise with my inventions."
    Hearing Maru say that made Sebastian broadly smile. So mom did care. Awesome. Even if she and his sister never showed any interest in his work, it was enough that they knew about it and had been considerate. Heck maybe his step-dad had given the same consideration. His heart filled up with immeasurable joy. “Cool. I’d love to help you guys! I’ll be over there soon.” The two exchanged goodbyes and he put away his phone. Then he told Abigail what the conversation had been about.

“Wow,” he concluded in a daze. “And to think all this time I thought my family didn’t take my job seriously. And now Maru asks me to help her and Harvey pretty much reprogram a couple of computers? This is so rad!”
    The joy and excitement radiating from Sebastian’s countenance touched Abigail’s heart. She always wanted to see him happy like this. Always. “I agree. It’s wonderful! I guess they weren’t ignoring you after all...”

50807597061_6a43d5e61b_c.jpg

“Yeah,” he smiled. Then he changed gears. “So, you were gonna tell me something?”
    “Oh...right,” she answered, feeling a lump form in her throat again. This was such a beautiful and rare moment for Sebastian and she wanted him to be able to cherish it for a while; to help keep his spirits up. Her news would surely whisk it all away and she just couldn’t do that to him. Once again it was not the right time, but she would find another. “Uh...you know what, it’s okay. I can tell you later.”
    “Are you sure? It sounded kinda important.”
    “No really, it’s fine. It can wait,” she assured, caressing his arm. “Don’t worry about it. Harvey and Maru are expecting you Mr. Computer Programmer,” she grinned, “so we should probably go.”
    “Okaaay,” he accepted.

He really hoped she wasn’t going to reveal that she had feelings for Sam instead of for him. Nah, he shook his head confidently as they got back on the motorcycle together. Not a chance!

He sure was darn curious though as to what was so important for her to say to delay their first kiss. Perhaps she didn’t feel ready to take their friendship to the next level? That was a distinct possibility. It was hard not to keep all the curious thoughts from nagging at him. He made a mental note to approach her about it later when they could find another time to be alone.

:blush:
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill I so enjoyed reading the update. It is interesting finding out more about the characters since I have never played Star Dew Valley. It's always interesting to find out what makes characters the way they are.
    I thought it was interesting that Shane wanted to know why Emily worked since she came from rich parents. I love her answer and he did too! :smiley:
    Her plans for her future are awesome!
    hehe, he is honest and forthright about her sister!
    Shane did a lot of people watching while sitting at the bar, or possibly Emily watching! He gave her a great answer about whether to encourage Clint or not!
    Get out of that room Shane!!! :grin:
    I was happy to see Sebastian and Abigail out together. I still think it is past time they are tiptoeing around each other! Sheesh. Kiss for crying out loud! :grin:
    I love that old barn, wish it really was explorable. I keep saying I'm going to make one and then I get busy with other things and don't do it.
    I guess Sebastian was a smoker in the game. Kinda figured no alcohol no ciggies! Didn't sound like he smoked much but even a few are not good for ya.
    Well dang girl! I know she wants to tell him but she could have let him kiss her first!
    Stupid phone interruptions! lol
    See what happens when you tell a lie Abigail, you almost got caught! Funny thing is he wouldn't have needed a reason from her as to why she was collecting stones. He was just going to be with her.
    That will help Sebastian's esteem messing with the computer programs.
    Sigh...she needs to make time to tell him. She needs to practice what she is preaching about talking and getting help. Perhaps she should talk to Harvey! What she is doing is not safe the way she was going about it.
    I'm glad he is still thinking about the almost first kiss she didn't get and what could have been so important she wanted to talk first. Hope he remembers to talk to her about it later.

@bekkasan Hee hee. I was happy to surprise you with the story update this morning. :mrgreen: (I stayed up SO late getting it ready to post again. :grimace: I may need a nap today. :p )
    I'm glad you're able to learn more about the characters through my story without having to actually play Stardew Valley. :lol: I was really feeling it was necessary to include some of the "Lore" and backstories of the characters as many of my readers on here don't play the game - like you :) - and aren't super familiar with the character's past and their current life in Pelican Town before the Wizard sent them to this brand new world. ;) The game is fun, but it takes forever to develop friendships and get to know the characters in order to marry one. :confounded:
    Guess Shane just wants to know more about Emily in general. :smirk: I had to find a way to add in that she and Haley came from rich parents, cause it helps put into perspective Haley's personality and behavior. ;)
    I knew you'd get a chuckle out of him being all blunt about Haley. :lol:
    We think so much alike. :kissing_heart: We all know that Shane was totally watching Emily too. ;)<3 Perhaps he carried affections for her that he didn't realize back then? And I also think normally he always just stood there against the wall, drinking and drinking, judging every person in the room to make himself feel better about his himself...
    Yes, he needs to leave the room. :lol: That's coming soon. ;)
    Right!? (About that old barn) If you ever do build one up, do send a download link my way. :blush:
    I had NO idea Sebastian smoked in the beginning of writing this story until I watched his Heart Events on YouTube. Many people don't know that even while playing the game for months, so it comes as quite a shocker when they see him doing it during his 8 heart event. Since it's not super well known, I had to incorporate it into my story somehow. :mrgreen:;)
    Well dang girl! I know she wants to tell him but she could have let him kiss her first!
    Stupid phone interruptions! lol
    ^I know, I could hear a lot of you crying, "Noooooooo!" before I even posted it. :lol:
    But did I get your heart beating with excitement there? :mrgreen:
    (Sorry to kill the moment. :p )
    I would've let him kiss me too, (You know it! :mrgreen: ) but she's such an emotional mess and always desires to put his feelings before hers. <3 (We see that later when she tells him the revelation can wait. )
    See what happens when you tell a lie Abigail, you almost got caught!
    ^It sure was a close call wasn't it!? :smiley: And indeed, Seb wouldn't have needed a reason to spend time with her. :blush:
    Sigh...she needs to make time to tell him. She needs to practice what she is preaching about talking and getting help. Perhaps she should talk to Harvey! What she is doing is not safe the way she was going about it.
    ^She does, doesn't she? ;) She was just too focused on not killing his special moment, which is sweet, but yes she really needs to plan a time to get together with him (A date! <3 ) and spill!
    I imagine she thought about reaching out to Harvey, but that would most likely mean revealing her gift to him as well and the poor girl is struggling to even tell Sebastian about it. She's just too frightened... :pensive: She's still young and has so much to learn. Reminds me of myself back in the day...independent and brave, but afraid of saying or doing something that might push someone special away from me, even if it needed to be said or done. (That time in your life where you felt like you always knew what was best. ;) )
    Anyway, all in good time my friend. :blush: There's reasons for the delay. ;)
    Thank you so much for the sweet comments. <3 I love reading them and replying to them. :kissing_heart:
    Ha ha! I realized last night - after posting the update of course - that there was a discrepancy in the last picture. :lol: It showed the Hospital in the background!!! :grimace: So I had to go into the picture and edit out the "blue cross" from the building. :p

Whoops! :lol: Hee hee! Don't know if any of you noticed...
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    It's like she really doesn't want to have kids does she? 😕

I don't blame her, I'm not a fan of kids either. :) I imagine its because she's young and loves her body and doesn't want to be tied down right now.

Woo! More backstory! Loved the "date" with Seb and Abigal, and I don't blame her for wanting to go on his motorcycle and snuggle up with him. She looks great in her purple sweater. :) I'm assuming she was going to tell him about her magical powers? I'm not a fan of smoking either, blegh!

Emily and Shane have such pent-up energy, I wonder if they're going to be like Haley and Alex when they finally admit it to each other. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    @emorrill :)
    Gee poor Shane I don't know How he can stay in that room for such a long time!

huh, now why would he think that, rich peeps are just normal peeps usually, wanting to work, it's fun if you have a job you like. oh oh ok. ''He smiled. “That’s great. Guess it goes to show not all rich kids are snobby and carry a sense of entitlement,'' yes yes good boy thank you! hahahah :D except her sister! :D

hang in the Emily, you got this! <3

''The man for her would have to be equally perfect and from what he could gather, Clint wasn’t that man. '' Of Course he's not right for her being an icky pixilated cartoon! Its you gorgeous Shane! it is You! No matter that you don't think you are perfect, you are perfect for Her! ahhh Shane! <3

ahhhhhh emorrill why don't the simmies ever know what we know!!!??!!!

Ahh good answer Shane! <3 perfect! *pats on the back*

Oh AWESOME pic from her point of view from the back of the motorcycle! Genius! I love it so much!

Their hair is gorgeous!

Gadfrey! Why does the phone have to ring right Then!!!! LOL yes I want to know what Abigail was going to say! this always happens just when it's getting so so so good!!! LOL

"He made a mental note to approach her about it later when they could find another time to be alone.'' Good boy!

myself, I'm catching a plane to emorrills <3 and sneaking inside to peek at her notes! >:) hahaha I have to know!

Such a good update! I enjoyed it so much!!!

edited January 2021
    Hey you two. :) Sorry it took me a couple of days to respond to your comments. :grimace: Was busy preparing for and having daughter's birthday. :blush:

@KevinL5275
    I imagine its because she's young and loves her body and doesn't want to be tied down right now.
    ^That's definitely part of it.
    Yes, Abby was going to tell Seb about her magical powers. :) Poor girl is just so afraid that even those who love her will shun her when they find out. :( (Just like the rest of the town did to the Wizard...)
    Emily and Shane have such pent-up energy, I wonder if they're going to be like Haley and Alex when they finally admit it to each other. :)
    ^We shall see. :smirk:

@DivaDoodle My reaction at seeing your comments on here: :mrgreen:
    I don't see how Shane could stay in his room for over 2 weeks too! (I guess the better part of that he was busy recovering so it was necessary). I would be going CARAZY! 😵 Or maybe...he doesn't want his time with Emily to end as much as she doesn't? :smirk:
    I think Shane asked about her parents because he wanted to get to know her a little deeper. ;)
    ''The man for her would have to be equally perfect and from what he could gather, Clint wasn’t that man. '' Of Course he's not right for her being an icky pixilated cartoon! Its you gorgeous Shane! it is You! No matter that you don't think you are perfect, you are perfect for Her! ahhh Shane! <3
    ^ :lol: Hee hee! I love this comment SO much! <3<3
    Although, they are all pretty pixelated looking normally (back home) so they're used to that. ;) I think it will be hard for them to go from 3D to 2D. :lol:
    Oh AWESOME pic from her point of view from the back of the motorcycle! Genius! I love it so much!
    ^Thank you. :kissing_heart: I totally forgot that sims can't ride together on a motorcycle (I guess you used a pose @bekkasan ? ;) ) so I had to improvise! :grin:
    Gadfrey! Why does the phone have to ring right Then!!!! LOL yes I want to know what Abigail was going to say! this always happens just when it's getting so so so good!!! LOL
    ^Gadfrey! Haven't heard that one! I love it! :joy: My dad would always say Good Gads growing up. :p
    Sorry to disappoint and do that to y'all, my wonderful readers. ;)<3 There are reasons, I promise. :blush:
    myself, I'm catching a plane to emorrills <3 and sneaking inside to peek at her notes! >:) hahaha I have to know!
    ^Hee hee. :mrgreen: Oh how I wish I could reveal SO much more...but then the story would be spoiled. That's what makes it so exciting when I finally get it all written down and am able to share it with you all. :blush: And read your thoughts and reactions on it.
    {{{{Hugs}}}} Thank you for the very sweet and humorous comments, I loved them and they filled me with happy. <3 I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I hope to get more written very soon. :) (Now that things have settled down in life...)
    Conclusion of Chapter 11

As the afternoon wore into the evening, Alex returned to the guy’s house without Haley; to the surprise of those who were hanging out in the main living area. He quickly broke eye contact with them and went straight into the bathroom, gripping the sides of the sink and leaning over it. Haley informed him about the ringworm on her hip, and along with the fact that she was ovulating - which she apologized for not being entirely truthful about - she felt it best that they not sleep together for a good week. While feeling a little hurt that she basically lied to him, he did agree, and painfully kissed her goodbye.

He couldn’t understand why things were beginning to feel a little off in their relationship, after being faced with such a life changing situation. In his mind that should’ve brought them closer together not push them apart. Granted the ringworm and the abstinence had a lot to do with that right now, but he couldn’t help shaking the feeling that there were other reasons. Things they were keeping from each other. But I share everything with her. I always have. I’m not hiding anything. He thought Haley shared everything with him too, but this little white lie had him wondering. Had he been wrong about their friendship all these years? Had it really been genuine or was it just powered by the desire to eventually “do it” with each other? His thoughts were beginning to wander into the darkest recesses of his fears and he rapidly shook his head to kill them. He chalked it all up to them experiencing a scare, to where they weren’t thinking clearly or acting normally, especially Haley. It would blow over and soon everything would be back to normal in their relationship again.

The two got lucky and dodged a bullet. There had to be a good reason for it.

Splashing water on his face, Alex assured himself that everything would be okay. “Time for a workout,” he naturally decided, wiping his face with the towel, and turned for the door that entered straight into his bedroom.

Upon opening it he was instantly met with Sam using his bench press.

50856809231_6c36cfa060_c.jpg

“What’re you doing--”
    “AH!” Sam cried out in a startle. He turned his head toward Alex with a grimace while the athlete folded his arms in displeasure. “Uh...hey...Alex…”
    “Seriously, what are you doing in my room?”
    “I’m sorry!” He stood up. “I just wanted to use your exercise equipment so I can work on getting tough.”
    Alex surprisingly managed not to roll his eyes. Like that would ever happen…
    “I mean, you’re always out with Haley so they’re just sitting here being unused anyway...”
    “You could’ve asked.”
    “I know,” he regretfully uttered with his hands behind his back and digging at the carpet with the tip of his shoe. “I’m sorry. I meant to, but there was nothing else to do and I decided to make this goal for myself--”
    “Okay, fine. You can use my equipment when I’m not around. But,” he held a finger up to him, “you have to wipe them all down when you’re done okay?”
    That was a simple bargain. “Yes! I promise!”
    “Good. Now will you please leave...I need to be alone.”
    “Got it.”

50856809261_653dd30e7a_c.jpg

Sweet! Sam thought with a grin as he left the room. Totally thought he was gonna kick my bu'tt there! Then his chuckle dissipated. I saw that look of disbelief on his face. Well I’ll show him! I’ll show everyone!

At the dinner table that evening, all of the guys - plus Leah and Penny - asked Emily about Shane and when he’d be coming out of his room for good. At this point in time, they were feeling more concerned about why he was staying in there for so long when it seemed apparent that he was feeling better.
    “Hasn’t it been like two weeks?” Sam asked.
    “Pretty much the whole time we’ve been here,” Sebastian added.
    “Sometimes it takes that much time, or longer, for alcoholics to fully recover,” Harvey threw in. “It just depends on the person and when they feel able and ready to get out into the world again. He’s making a major life change here.”
    They all nodded.
    “Exactly,” Emily acknowledged, poking at her vegetables with a fork and debating on how much to reveal. “I’m pretty sure he’ll be out within the next day or two. He’s definitely feeling antsy, but still has some reservations.”
    “Well you tell him he’s got nothing to worry about,” Elliott kindly spoke. “I imagine he’s feeling remorseful, but everything is cool here with us, right guys?” They all flatly nodded. “We know his words and actions in the past were a result of being under the influence. More heavily than we all realized...We’re just anxious to see him again, and well. His company has been missed.”
    Harvey gave Emily a radiating smile at the conclusion of Elliott’s words.
    She returned it and also one to the whole group. Her heart felt so full, especially over how much this would mean to Shane and lighten his load. Tears began to form around her eyelids as she said, “Thanks guys. I’ll let him know that.”

On the other side of the wall, while eavesdropping, Shane very carefully closed his bedroom door. He couldn’t quite describe the emotion that was rapidly consuming him, but it was one he hadn’t felt in years and never thought he would feel again after losing Jackson and Sara. A joyful smile played across his lips. He had friends again, the kind - like Jackson and Sara - that were insightful enough to where he didn’t have to explain himself in situations like this. He still desired to apologize to them all because it was the right thing to do, but now it would be much easier to do.

50856809276_2ed1d1c4c4_c.jpg

Though he’d admit that just having Emily’s friendship alone would be enough in his life.

When Emily came back in and found him chilling on the bed, she sat beside him and began telling him what was said at the dinner table. He gently cut her off in the middle by saying, “I know...I heard you all talking.”
    “What? How?”
    He gave a quick shrug.
    “Were you eavesdropping?”
    “Maybe.”
    “You little stinker!” she cried, grabbing a nearby pillow and playfully whacking him with it.
    “Hey!”
    “You should’ve just come out and joined us. It would’ve been the perfect moment!”
    “That’s kinda why I didn’t come out. Too much attention all at once.”
    She twisted her mouth and bobbed her head in understanding. “Okay, I’ll give you that, but the fact that you went to the door and opened it proves you’re well and ready to get out of here.” She stroked his arm with a bright and proud smile. “And now you don’t have nearly as much to worry about.”
    A relieving feeling it definitely was and just the push of motivation that he needed. He took her hand that was stroking his arm and wove his fingers together with hers, like he usually did which he was really beginning to enjoy. “Yeah. Maybe you’re right.”
    “Haven’t you learned by now that I’m always right?” she winked.
    He couldn’t argue with that.

As much as Emily didn’t want their time together to end, she knew he couldn’t stay “locked away” forever. Whatever was best for him, she’d put before her feelings every time. Besides, I think we’ve started something great here, she thought, almost releasing a squeal thinking about it, so we’ll still see each other. Then she blissfully sighed. It almost felt unreal.

When they were preparing to go to sleep that evening, Emily found Shane making up a bed for himself on the couch. She arched an eyebrow at him before saying, “You really don’t want to sleep on that uncomfortable couch. I think we both fit just fine here on the bed.” She gestured toward it with her head.
    “Well, I, uh,” he found himself stammering, “I just wanted you to be more comfortable. Besides, it’s the gentlemanly thing to do…” He felt silly saying it because he never felt like a gentleman. His nerves were really getting a hold of him.
    Emily thought his response was cute, however, “I think we’re a little past that don’t you think?” she asked with a hint of a smirk in her eye. It was a bold thing to say, but she felt confident that he wouldn’t mind it.
    And she was right. He cracked a smile and said, “I guess you’re right.” He turned away his face to hide his reddening cheeks, but his eyes couldn’t stay away from her glance for too long.

50856902412_764ff8129f_c.jpg

“C'mon,” she beckoned, swiftly getting herself under the covers and patting the mattress behind her, just as he beckoned to her a few days earlier. “It’s freezing in this house! I don’t know who’s in charge of the thermostat, but...brrrr.”

Shane slid under the covers beside her, wrapping his arms around her slim waist and inhaling the scent of her hair. He tried not to get too aroused because she would surely feel it being this close. Keep your hands where they are Shane… Oh how they desired to wander.
    “Mmm,” Emily sleepily mumbled, basking in the warmth of his touch. “I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a great day.” Her arm affectionately squeezed his around her waist, sending him a message.

50856902467_686115eeaa_c.jpg

“Yeah,” he whispered, his heart beginning to speed up and his airway tightening. For a variety of reasons.

Ever since that evening she smacked his leg and put him in his place, it sparked feelings for her that he hadn’t been able to shake since. Each passing day following, with her unwavering presence by his side, growing closer and closer to each other, his feelings intensified and now he wanted to embrace them. He mostly had, but something kept keeping him from allowing his heart to completely fall.

It was the fact that he didn’t believe he could ever be good enough for her because he didn’t fully trust in himself not to sc’rew up again, and ultimately break her heart. She’d become too precious to him and he’d rather die than hurt or lose her over his inherent faults. I would die… He tried desperately to swallow the lump in his throat. He couldn’t risk taking that next step with her and then go right back to being the worst version of himself when times get hard, as they surely do. It happened before. I don’t know if I can fully prevent that. He refused to put her through that, despite the feelings he knew she carried for him. It’s better this way. She deserves better; someone who doesn't carry the risk of letting her down. She’s an angel...and I’m a fallen one. He squeezed his eyes shut and held her tighter, his heart aching. He wanted to savor every second of this last night with her.

50856902447_3ba682eb98_c.jpg

Had his heart already fallen? Perhaps it had, and maybe that was the very reason he felt he had to do what was ultimately best for her, not best for him. No matter how painful it would be for them both.

The next morning Alex promptly made his way over to the ladies house to see his girl. It felt like it’d been forever.

Haley hadn't even woken up, being startled awake by Alex’s grinning face looking down on her. It was flattering that he was finally just as anxious to see her as Elliott and Harvey always were with their girls, but on this slow morning it kind of irked her.
    “I’ve gotta grab a shower and then get dressed,” she told him, “so...I guess you can just chill out there until I’m ready?”
    “Sure,” was his disappointed response. He would’ve preferred to watch her the whole time, but what harm would waiting another fifteen minutes for her do?

After exiting her room, he threw his hands behind his head and expelled a breath as he entered the main living area. Should I grab a drink? he thought when he saw the bar. Nah, I’ll just chill on the couch. Grab a magazine to flip through or something. He stopped in his tracks though as someone was already sitting on one of the couches whom he failed to notice earlier. It was Maru, reading a book.

For a second he felt a little uneasy going over to sit in her presence. He always felt that way around her. Maybe it was the whole disparity between the “jocks” and the “nerds” that had been ingrained in his mind ever since middle school. The two types just didn’t hang out together. However she did seem to have a little athleticism in her, he thought, remembering, and that got him crazy curious to know more about that side of herself. He didn’t want to come on too strong with it though and weird her out. Gotta play it cool, he thought, inhaling a breath as he went to approach her. Okay…

“Hey Maru,” he greeted in a suave tone before sitting down beside her and resting his arm on the back of the couch.
    Maru’s eyes looked up and toward his direction, not moving her head. “Hi...Alex,” she curiously greeted in return, swiftly returning to her reading.
    “What’re you reading there?”

50856087568_387f0ea872_c.jpg

There was a pause. “It’s an astronomy book, about the constellations in this world.”
    Alex nodded with puckered lips. “Cool.”

There ensued a rather uncomfortable silence between the two as Alex debated on what to say next to break the ice. Maru had a couple of thoughts going through her mind as well, making her lose her place in the book.

“Man it’s sure starting to get cold lately,” Alex finally said in small talk. “I actually went back inside and threw on a scarf before heading over here. I never wear scarves! Does it seem like it’s colder here than back--”
    “Is there something you need?” Maru interrupted, lowering her book and facing him. “Sorry, it’s just...you never talk to me.”
    “Sure I do!”
    She arched an eyebrow at him with a pointed look.
    “Okay I don’t,” he admitted, lowering his head in shame. “Sorry about that. I guess you just always kinda intimidated me...with your smarts and everything.”
    Maru then furrowed her brow at him.
    “But ever since I saw you kicking that soccer ball around the other day, I can’t help--”
    “Wait, what?”
    Her reaction made him snap his mouth shut and his eyes bug out.
    “You were watching me do that?”

50856902227_3e427b6200_c.jpg

“I...uh,” he choked, feeling his heart beat faster than it did during his most intense workouts, “yeeeah...but it’s only because I was impressed by your footwork. You were nailing the ball into the goal perfectly! It kinda caught me off guard because...I didn’t think you played sports at all.”

“Oh,” Maru quietly uttered, the creepy vibe disappearing and being replaced with a warm fuzzy feeling. It was a nice compliment and she felt bad having a somewhat impolite tone with him. It just came naturally around his type. “Thank you. I really don’t play sports, I was just relieving some stress that day…”
    “But you’ve totally played soccer before, am I right?” he asked with a knowing grin.

50856902517_51109b09fa_c.jpg

“Yes...,” she couldn’t deny, “for one season in grade school. It was a good learning experience, but it further validated to me that sports really aren’t my thing...”
    He gave her an incredulous look. “Why is that?”
    “Well,” she somewhat hesitated, “I didn’t really click well with my teammates and...the whole time during the games I kept thinking about how much I couldn’t wait to return to my gadgets and books.”

Alex nodded, chewing his bottom lip as he lowered his head and then raised it back up. “I guess I wouldn’t understand that cause...books have never really been my thing.” He may have said it to get back at her, just a little.

Now there was something Maru simply could not accept - from anyone - and her partly fallen jaw showed it. “What!? Why is that?” she threw his question back at him, the corners of her mouth turning up into a very curious smile.

50856087218_0dd2346baa_c.jpg

“I dunno,” he shrugged. “Reading just never interested me. Whenever I had to do it in school I kept thinking about how much I’d rather be playing a game.” He toothy grinned at her.

Maru shook her head as the two held their smiles at each other, realizing that they shared similar thought processes for being total opposites. It was kind of funny.

“You really shouldn’t write soccer off,” Alex went on to say. “You’re good, especially at making a goal. Would hate to see that talent go to waste.”
    His compliment was once again flattering to Maru, but she found herself blinking a couple of times at him in disbelief. Did she just witness his cheeks turning red? She could feel hers heating up as well, strangely enough. “Thank you,” she said again, growing thoughtful. What he said earlier still horribly nagged at her. “I guess I could start playing soccer again, on one condition.”
    “Shoot!” His heart fluttered with excitement.
    “On the condition that you start reading again.”
    His face fell.
    “I can’t play, if you don’t read,” she concluded with a barely visible smirk.

50856809121_7b9503b5b6_c.jpg

“Oh c’mon...,” he playfully groaned. “Seriously I can’t stand reading! I feel like I’m not smart enough to understand a lot of books…” His throat sunk into his gut after saying it, fearing he revealed too much. Cr’ap! He quickly prepared himself for the rebuke he was surely going to get from the smartest girl in town.

“You don’t have to be smart to read Alex,” Maru simply said. “In fact, you become smarter by reading.”

50856902027_c21ded51c7_c.jpg

Now he blinked at her. Touché, he thought, thinking he really should’ve known that. “Yeah...uh...I know,” he tried to recover, embarrassingly looking away. Gee Alex, way to make yourself look even more stu’pid!

50856087128_a83760460d_c.jpg

“Alrighty Alex, I’m ready!” Haley declared, emerging from her bedroom and looking as gorgeous as she always did.

Normally Alex would’ve acknowledged her right away, but he couldn’t leave this conversation unfinished with Maru. Maru gave him a wondering glance, fully expecting that he’d brush off her request and quickly get lost in Haley’s spell, forgetting about it all. To her surprise, he didn’t.
    “I’ll get back to you on that okay?”
    “Okay,” she accepted, cracking a smile.
    Then he stood up, expelling a breath in the process. “Well...see ya later.”
    “See ya.” When he turned away she gripped her book tightly against her abdomen and sighed.

“There she is,” Alex fondly greeted Haley with, taking her into his arms and kissing her.
    “Mmm Alex...I love the scarf!” she commented, kissing him again.

50856087113_7c17930949_c.jpg

Maru could hear their lips smacking together over and over again and wanted to just dive right back into her book and tune it out, but…she couldn’t.

Some strange feeling had taken over her mind and it transfixed her. It all started the moment Alex sat down next to her, gradually consuming her as the conversation grew. It was unlike anything she ever felt before and she couldn’t quite make out what it was. The fact that he actually acknowledged my existence or that he complimented me - twice - when he always seemed so full of himself? She concluded that it was just a heightened feeling of an unexpected and unforeseen event. That moment where one realizes a person is more than they seem. It had to be.

As Alex and Haley took their leave, Alex couldn’t help slowing his step and turning his head partway towards Maru, as if to keep a similar feeling alive within himself; for a few seconds more.

50856087093_a60e26d829_c.jpg

:blush:
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Great that Shane has full support from everyone in the house, important when someone fight addictions.
    They are so cute in that bed, sends me a million years back to when it might have been me laying there thinking “keep your hands where they are”

Wonderful scene with Maru. I feel a bit of an opposites attract between them, but also some accumulated distance from the part. Not to mention that he is already in a relationship.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

I enjoyed this part of the chapter.
    Emily and Shane really needed that heart to heart chat,
    I'm glad they both feel secure to be open and talk about more deep
    stuff with the other person.
    Seb and Abigail too seem to grow closer, maybe this is why they
    got sent to the island, to learn and know more about one another.

Alex is also very handsome in those photos, he's to growing as a character.
    I loved this great job.

@emorrill Update!! Woot! :smiley::heart:
    Trouble in Haley/Alex paradise?
    Glad she owned up to him though. I don't blame him for wondering what else she has lied about.
    Poor Sam thought he was gonna be beat up! Isn't there a gym in town?
    Would have been nice if Alex had actually offered to train him. So selfish.
    I loved how the group was so accepting of what Shane had been through.
    That was so nice of Elliott to express that he had been missed.
    I'm glad Shane overheard it. He might have had more trouble believing Emily even though she wouldn't lie.
    hehe, had to laugh at Emily being always right! :grin: So true, when are guys gonna learn that about us women! :lol: I remember hubby telling son years ago 'don't you know by now, your Mom is always right.' :grin:
    Yes, I think they are past it now. Such a sweet picture of them cuddled together.
    SHANE!! Stop it! The whole point of all this is you gain confidence in yourself so that you don't backslide again! You want to be happy not miserable. It will take time and a lot of work. She loves him and he knows it! Silly Shane! You are not being noble by thinking like that! I guess I'd get censored if I call him what I texted to you. :grin:
    Love the whole scene between Alex and Maru!
    I could feel the uncomfortable vibes as they both struggled to talk to each other and how it eased as they talked. I love her challenge to him!
    hehe, Alex talking about how cold it is, even wearing a scarf around his neck and Haley is wearing short skirt and spaghetti strap top. Sheesh girl cover up. Even Maru had on layers!
    Love the last shot of Alex looking over at Haley! Yes Alex, substance rather than fluff. Now, work on growing yourself and be nice and train Sam!
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited January 2021
    @emorrill what a Great end to the chapter!
    When I first came to read this morning with my coffee, I must admit I first scrolled all the pics tp find my favorite Shane! <3

I love that Shane overheard all the nice talk of the others, that must mean so much to him, to know you are still liked even though you exhibited bad behavior. what a relief!
    I love Shane and Emily together!

''He wanted to savor every second of this last night with her.'' Just What do you mean Shane?? If you dare put me and Emily thru any more anguish ....!!! :#
    emorrill please flick the top of his head for me!

hmm Poor Alex, I don't really like Haley's attitude or demeanor towards him. The girl needs a shake up, if you ask me.

I liked his talk with Maru! too funny with his small talk of the weather LOL guys are so cute when uncomfortable! <3

I really enjoyed reading their whole conversation, I liked how it developed, it was so nice to read!

and I Love that you caught the pic at just the perfect moment to see him glance back! brilliant! :smile::smiley:

had to edit I don't know what I did with typos lol
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Ops, I just realized it was the earlier chapter part I gave comments too stupid me lol :D,
    ok now to give some comments for the most recent update.

Aww, Alex could be a bit more kind to Sam, yeah he did not ask but as
    he said, " you are always out"!.
    The poses with Emily and Shane are adorable, they are really sweet together.
    Alex was cool talking to Maru. Hayley and Alex are a good couple,
    she can be mean sometimes though.
    Great job on the chapter.

Yeah, trouble in Alex/Haley world? Send her to me, I will give her a nice life in my sim world. :DB)

@bekkasan "Alex talking about how cold it is, even wearing a scarf around his neck and Haley is wearing short skirt and spaghetti strap top. Sheesh girl cover up. Even Maru had on layers!"
    You hush, if she wants to wear a short skirt indoors, that is her right as a free and independent woman. o:) (LOL)

Sooooo much tension between Emily and Shane, I'm glad she gave his arm a squeeze to let him know its ok if he cuddles her.

Maru isn't used to having boys talk to her, I guess. Who isn't paired up yet, just Sam?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill Good girl, Haley! She actually told Alex why she can't sleep with him for a few days... That's progress ;) .
    I see Alex is having doubts about their relationship... :/ I hope they will sort things out.
    Poor Sam. I'm glad Alex promised to let him use his equipment even though he really should have asked before doing so. Alex's attitude is way too arrogant though, not believing Sam can get fit. he could have said something supportive.
    Nice to hear those sweet words from Elliott and that he believes they are all missing Shane :) .
    Even nicer to hear that Shane heard it! It should make him feel a little better about joining the others again.
    Emily has got so important to him during these two weeks... I hope their friendship will last.
    Lol @ "haven't you heard by now that I'm always right" :D . Of course, she's a girl :p ! Nah, but the truth is she has indeed been right all the time with Shane.
    I'm sure Emily is right and they will still see each other when Shane is ready to go out to the world again. Their friendship has grown so strong and Shane hasn't had such close friends for a very long time. He couldn't let her go, could he?
    Wow, Emily is actually suggesting Shane they share a bed - that's brave :o . I'm sure Shane can't resist - a bed and a sweet and cute lady next to her is definitely a better deal than an uncomfortable couch all alone ;) .
    Yes, Shane agrees! These two might be finally getting somewhere... :blush:
    ...And now she's complaining about cold... Hint hint! :smirk:
    How I love to see those two sleeping next to each other like that. I hope they know they belong together.
    I like Shane's arm hair and the hair on his thighs.
    Shane, you can be good enough for her! Just continue working on it. It's a shame he knows how Emily feels about him and he's still not sure if he dares to get together with her.
    Last night with her! :'( Shane, don't do this to us! :#
    Haha, Maru is very direct, interrupting Alex's attempt for small talk :p .
    They are starting to get along though.
    There is definitely chemistry between those two, as different as they are... But Alex is together with Haley.
    edited January 2021
    Hey everyone. :blush:

Thank you all so much for your sweet and awesome comments on the conclusion of Chapter 11. <3<3 Made my day! Your reactions were exactly what I was hoping for ;) and they really lifted my spirits up. 🤗

I was having such a hard time writing these scenes over these past 3 weeks, feeling so stressed and sleep deprived. :pensive: I was beginning to question my abilities as a writer because I just couldn't get my brain to function properly. The right words weren't coming to me as swiftly as they usually do, and I was misspelling words left and right, and it was frustrating to say the least! :grimace: I was also feeling like I just couldn't adequately portray the character's feelings and emotions and it was bringing me down. :( It's SO important to me that I portray their feelings exactly to you as the reader, especially with such complex characters like Shane.

Long story short, I felt like I was falling short on this one and your comments proved to me that I was able to deliver these parts of the story exactly how I intended to. And that I didn't fall short. So thank you my friends, from the bottom of my heart. :kissing_heart: I always appreciate your devotion to my stories and your support. And @bekkasan thank you for being my daily support and reminding me that I certainly DO worry too much sometimes and need to chill. ;)<3 🤗

Alrighty! I have some responses to y'all's comments! :mrgreen:

@Tamijo Thank you for coming over here and reading and commenting. :blush:
    Yes, it's very important to have a strong support system when you're working through an addiction. 👍
    They are so cute in that bed, sends me a million years back to when it might have been me laying there thinking “keep your hands where they are”
    ^They really do. They are adorable. <3 I was so elated to find a good cuddling on the bed pose. 🙌
    A million years? How old are you? :lol: I was thinking you were probably my age (35) or younger. :p
    Wonderful scene with Maru. I feel a bit of an opposites attract between them,
    ^That was the idea. :smirk:

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you for both of your sweet comments. ;):kissing_heart: I'll admit I was a little confused reading the first post when you mentioned Seb and Abigail, but then I figured you may have missed reading the last chapter so you were catching up...it's all good. ;)
    Aww, Alex could be a bit more kind to Sam, yeah he did not ask but as he said, " you are always out"!.
    ^Yeah. It wasn't Alex's best moment. He was feeling a bit worried about his and Haley's relationship and that came out in the form of frustration towards Sam... :(
    Alex and Haley definitely look cute together, I'll give them that, but, as you mentioned, she can be kinda mean and careless towards him. It makes you wonder, does she really appreciate what she has? :confused: What exactly is going on in that head of hers? 🤷‍♀️

@bekkasan
    Trouble in Haley/Alex paradise?
    ^Maaaaaybe. :p
    It was good that she owned up to him. Haley can really be a snot, but she does care for Alex. (Maybe not fully in the way that he cares for her, but...we'll see. ;) )
    Isn't there a gym in town?
    ^There is...and honestly it's something I didn't think about until you mentioned it. :grimace: But, Sam has always been the lazy type, in my mind - which makes him working out like this a huge accomplishment - but yeah...he'll still try to find ways to make everything easy to do in life. ;)
    I'm glad Shane overheard it. He might have had more trouble believing Emily even though she wouldn't lie.
    ^Maybe.
    Yes, when men learn that we women are always right, life is easier. :lol:
    Thanks. I am SO glad I found that perfect cuddling on the bed pose! :star: (It's one where I had to type in the code, but it was so worth it! :mrgreen: )
    SHANE!! Stop it! The whole point of all this is you gain confidence in yourself so that you don't backslide again! You want to be happy not miserable. It will take time and a lot of work. She loves him and he knows it! Silly Shane!
    ^Indeed. He is so lost in his insecurities, and his chronic depression isn't helping anything, that he's not fully thinking things through. He's not realizing that his life will be even MORE miserable without her. And he won't be able to be whole without her. It's certainly an understandable reaction from someone who's psyche is all messed up going through all the pain that he has in his life, but... yeah. ;)
    You are not being noble by thinking like that! I guess I'd get censored if I call him what I texted to you. :grin:
    ^I cracked up SO hard at what you called him! :joy: It was accurate! (No worries, L didn't see my phone. ;) ) We'll see if he realizes what he thinks is best is a stu'pid, stu'pid move!
    Thank you for the compliment on the scene with Maru and Alex. <3 It turned out so much better than I originally thought out. (I love it when that happens. ;) ) I'm glad that you could feel the uncomfortable vibes between them. :)
    hehe, Alex talking about how cold it is, even wearing a scarf around his neck and Haley is wearing short skirt and spaghetti strap top. Sheesh girl cover up. Even Maru had on layers!
    ^LOL! :lol: Honestly, that was a wardrobe discrepancy on my part. :p I got lazy dressing up Haley, but mostly I hadn't originally intended for Alex to talk about how cold it was getting...
    I figure, she grabbed a thick coat on their way out. :p
    I got lucky capturing that shot of him looking back in her direction. 🙌 It was a one take! :grin:
    Yes Alex, substance rather than fluff. Now, work on growing yourself and be nice and train Sam!
    ^Yes! :star: I love this! Thank you. <3:kissing_heart: Your comments always give me laughs and smiles. :blush:

@DivaDoodle
    When I first came to read this morning with my coffee, I must admit I first scrolled all the pics tp find my favorite Shane! <3
    ^So you are a Shane fan also? Nice! :mrgreen: (Oh and I don't blame you for doing that. ;) I've been known to do that too while reading other people's stories. :p It's rare, cause I like to see things happen in order, but I've totally done it! :grin: )
    I love that Shane overheard all the nice talk of the others, that must mean so much to him, to know you are still liked even though you exhibited bad behavior. what a relief!
    ^Yes. <3 I think Shane's faith in people was restored in that moment. :blush: (Emily pretty much restored it already, but, you know. ;) )
    ''He wanted to savor every second of this last night with her.'' Just What do you mean Shane?? If you dare put me and Emily thru any more anguish ....!!! :#
    emorrill please flick the top of his head for me!
    ^Done! *flick* :lol:
    Seriously though...his heart is in the right place, but he doesn't realize that his life will be more miserable without her...
    hmm Poor Alex, I don't really like Haley's attitude or demeanor towards him. The girl needs a shake up, if you ask me.
    ^I agree!
    Guys ARE cute when they are uncomfortable. :blush:
    I really enjoyed reading their whole conversation, I liked how it developed, it was so nice to read!
    and I Love that you caught the pic at just the perfect moment to see him glance back! brilliant! :smile::smiley:
    ^Thank you so much. :kissing_heart: I got lucky capturing that shot of him looking back at her as I made him leave the house. 🙌
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I always enjoy reading your comments. <3
    (Oh gosh, I have to edit typos too. They drive me crazy! :grimace: )

@KevinL5275
    Yeah, trouble in Alex/Haley world? Send her to me, I will give her a nice life in my sim world. :DB)
    ^Why am I not surprised you would say something like this? :lol:;):p
    Lol! Any chance you get to see Haley's legs and chest you'll take, am I right? :smirk: (Sorry, I couldn't help saying it. :p )
    So what do you think of her and Alex's relationship? Be honest. :) I'm curious.
    There is very much sexual tension between Emily and Shane. :smirk: It may help in the moment he attempts to say goodbye...
    Who isn't paired up yet, just Sam?
    ^Yes. He and Maru are the only ones not paired up with anyone. Yet. ;)
    Thanks for the comments. :blush:

@meerkattime Yes, that is definitely progress on Haley's part. ;)
    Hopefully she and Alex can work things out. Time will tell.
    Alex's attitude is way too arrogant though, not believing Sam can get fit. he could have said something supportive.
    ^Yeah it wasn't one of Alex's best moments. :( The fears consuming his mind about his and Haley's relationship didn't help in his behavior. While playing Stardew, and learning more about the character's backstories, I would imagine that Sam is the kind of guy who would annoy Alex, and vice versa, so they would avoid each other, just cause their personalities don't mesh. Alex does have some arrogance in him, it's shown in the game. He's trying to prove to the world that he's the best at sports - and everything - because his dad always made him feel worthless. But he's a nice guy at heart. Anyhoo! :p
    Yes. Elliott's kind words are just what Shane needed to hear. <3
    I'm sure Emily is right and they will still see each other when Shane is ready to go out to the world again. Their friendship has grown so strong and Shane hasn't had such close friends for a very long time. He couldn't let her go, could he?
    ^Agreed. <3 And...I guess we'll see...
    Wow, Emily is actually suggesting Shane they share a bed - that's brave :o . I'm sure Shane can't resist - a bed and a sweet and cute lady next to her is definitely a better deal than an uncomfortable couch all alone ;) .
    ^It was very bold. However Shane beckoned for her to hold him on the bed before so she felt confident that he would be okay snuggling up to her again. :smirk:
    ...And now she's complaining about cold... Hint hint! :smirk:
    ^You know, I hadn't realized that. :lol: I love that you pointed it out. :mrgreen:
    I like Shane's arm hair and the hair on his thighs.
    ^Oh my goodness I was totally thinking the same when I was checking him out during the picture taking. (Ahem! I mean...I wasn't checking him out I was just...observing. :p:lol: ) Great minds think alike. :kissing_heart:
    It is a shame that he feels that way, but in his mind he's going to do what he feels is best to protect Emily's heart and that's actually a huge step up for him when you think about it. :star: At the same time...is it really saving her from heartache for them not to be together??
    Last night with her! :'( Shane, don't do this to us! :#
    ^I know... :cry: But he may not...maybe Emily will have to whip him into shape again. ;) I can't wait to get the scene written so I'm not leaving y'all hanging for a while. :kissing_heart:
    There is definitely chemistry between those two, as different as they are... But Alex is together with Haley.
    ^Yes, and...he is. :neutral: That complicates things doesn't it?

;)
    Thank you always for your sweet and thoughtful comments. <3

Xoxoxo to all of you. <3 Thank you again for the comments. They were an absolute JOY to read! :blush:

I gotta get writing the next chapter very soon don't I? ;)

Before closing this post out, I wanted to share with y'all the song that has been in the back of my mind when writing that scene with Emily and Shane. (Okay, I was listening to and belting it out in my car too! :lol: Y'all know me. :mrgreen: )
    I was first introduced to DHT's cover of this song back in 2005. I was working in the mailroom at the college - that was my college job - and we had the radio on all day in there. The song was such a hit that it was played like...every 2 hours or so. I thought DHT wrote the song, but years later someone tells me, "Oh noooo...Roxette wrote that song and DHT did a cover." I was like, "Whaaaa?" :open_mouth: I was somewhat familiar with Roxette (their songs "She's got the look" and "It must've been love" are a couple of my favorites. :star: ) and my mind was kinda blown by the fact that I didn't know they were the original artists of the song. I promptly went and listened to it. ;)

At first I was like..."Meh, it's too rocked out," especially since I was so used to DHT's mellow and more heartfelt version. But I gotta tell y'all, the more I've listened to Roxette's version (the original) I've grown to love it even more. There's more of a powerful depth to it, which I feel applies more in this situation, so that is why I am sharing their signature version of the song in this post. :blush:

While listening to the song though...I'd change just a couple of words in the chorus, which has made all the difference. ;) (In bold)

These are the words that really stood out to me and applied:

...And there are voices, that want to be heard.
    So much to mention, but you can't find the words.

Listen to your heart,
    when she's calling for you,
    listen to your heart,
    there's nothing else you can do.
    I don't know where you're goin',
    and I don't know why,
    but listen to your heart,
    before...you tell her goodbye.

<3

Honestly the song could go both ways, leaving the lyrics the same, and maybe that's why I love it so much for this situation. :blush:

I'm just so thankful for music in life. 🎵 It sets the tone and stage for SO many of my story scenes, y'all have no idea. (Okay, maybe you do. ;) )

Rest in peace Marie Fredricksson. 🙏

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01VrpOfPdw4
    emorrill wrote: »
    @KevinL5275
    ^Why am I not surprised you would say something like this? :lol:;):p
    Lol! Any chance you get to see Haley's legs and chest you'll take, am I right? :smirk: (Sorry, I couldn't help saying it. :p )
    So what do you think of her and Alex's relationship? Be honest. :) I'm curious.
    There is very much sexual tension between Emily and Shane. :smirk: It may help in the moment he attempts to say goodbye...
    Who isn't paired up yet, just Sam?
    ^Yes. He and Maru are the only ones not paired up with anyone. Yet. ;)
    Thanks for the comments. :blush:

You shouldn't be surprised at me considering you ladies are enjoying the pics of the guys. :D Yes I'm a leg man, I love heels and nylons. :D

I'm not sure what to say about their relationship. I'm jealous. :blush: I don't have any problem with people enjoying themselves, as long as they're safe about it.

Say goodbye? No, say it isn't so, girl! You can't do that to them, and to us! Stop teasing us! :P hehehe He HAS to realize, now that he's no longer addicted, that she really does care about him, and that he cannot sabotage it!
    @KevinL5275 Hee hee, you make a good point. ;)

I figured you'd be a little jealous of Alex. :smirk: I'd be lying if I'm not a hair bit jealous of Haley (Alex is HOT!) but...meh. My eye is on Harvey. :love: I think he's hotter. :p So it's more Penny I'd be jealous of. ;)
    I agree. People should be safe in their relationships, especially if they aren't ready to have children...
    Say goodbye? No, say it isn't so, girl! You can't do that to them, and to us! Stop teasing us! :P hehehe He HAS to realize, now that he's no longer addicted, that she really does care about him, and that he cannot sabotage it!
    ^Indeed my friend. :blush: I love this comment from you, it's one of my favorite. :mrgreen:

I hope to get the next Chapter written as soon as I am able for y'all. <3
    edited January 2021
    Well my friends, I'm very happy to present the beginning of Chapter 12! :mrgreen:

I have been waiting a long time to write this scene and it has been exciting finally being able to do so and stage all the pictures for it. It was one where it all just had to come out perfectly. :star: I'm thankful that my brain was able to function decently to get this written in the way that I imagined it and played it all out in my head for past few months. 👍

(Goodness, I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about sharing it. *sniff* You'll see everyone. ;) )

I've included an opening and closing song for this scene in Spoilers, but don't let those distract you. Read it first. ;)

And now, without further adieu, please enjoy the very first scene of Chapter 12. :mrgreen:<3

Chapter 12

The faint light from the rising sun peeking over the hills, somehow provided enough light behind the curtains to make Shane’s eyes flutter open. His arm was still wrapped around Emily. He turned his head as far as could to the right, without letting go, to glance at the clock. It read: 6:23. He swiftly returned to his sleeping position beside her, holding her tighter, and lightly pressing his lips upon the nape of her neck. He couldn’t help it.

50885721598_21937294b7_c.jpg

They stayed that way until a little after 9 o’clock.

Emily stirred as she woke, still feeling Shane’s warm body against her and it made her smile. She caressed his arm with her free hand which caused him to stir and snuggle closer to her, still not wanting to let go. She loved it.
    “Good morning,” she sweetly greeted.
    Shane mumbled for a moment before saying it back.
    “Mmm, I think that’s the best sleep I’ve gotten since we came here.”
    “Same.”
    His warm breath grazed her ear and tickled her hormones. “Well,” she sighed, lifting herself up onto her elbow to better look at the clock. Shane’s arm rolled down to her hip. “You’ve got a big appearance to make today and we should probably do it quickly before we end up stuck in here again,” she chuckled while playfully patting his arm.
    He groaned.
    “I should start packing up my stuff too, but first I’ve really gotta use the bathroom.”
    Don’t go, Shane wanted to say as his embrace was broken and Emily left the room. Stay with me. Just a little longer... His heart sank and he could feel the tears welling up again. He couldn’t prevent this day from coming. He squeezed his eyes shut and slammed his fist down onto the bed.

After the two got dressed, Shane downheartedly helped Emily pull her things together, which wasn’t much as she’d already packed most of it.
    “Thank you,” she expressed, zipping up the duffle bag and then standing up before him. She anxiously rubbed at her neck with a crooked smile. “This feels kinda strange…not being together in this room anymore.” Her heart pounded against her chest.

50885721573_28c39b4c57_c.jpg

“Yeah,” he said with a faint smile, his heart doing the same.

50886445806_38e3d8687a_c.jpg

She reached up and smoothed out his shirt collar then brushed away some lint from his shoulders. “This is such a nice look on you,” she commented with a blush. “Are you ready for this?”
    He drew in a deep breath and released it as he replied, “As ready as I’ll ever be.”
    “Don’t worry, it’s going to be great,” she gripped his shoulders in assurance. “I can totally see the warmest ‘welcome back’ going on out there.”
    He smiled.

The air in the room suddenly grew heavy, at least it did for Shane.

Emily gently pressed her hand upon his chest, finding it so hard not to touch him right now. “So...now that we won’t be seeing each other every hour of every day,” she flashed a grin, “we’ll have to plan out some time to hang out together.”
    Now he really struggled to meet her gaze, even to nod.
    “I mean, not that we have much around here to distract us,” she chuckled. “I know that you probably need some time to yourself for a while and...I understand that. I just,” she paused, wondering why she felt so nervous saying it, “really had a lot of fun with you here and--”
    “I did too,” he sincerely expressed, taking her hand and rubbing her knuckles with his thumb.

50886445776_d82afe985f_c.jpg

Her face beamed. “I really want us to still see each other every day.”
    Me too. “Yeah...about that...” He lowered his head, feeling the blood drain from his face.

His tone and demeanor made Emily’s smile instantly fall into a frown. A sense of foreboding filled the air around them and her heart began to sink toward her stomach.

50885721538_dc9859b349_c.jpg

Shane gripped both her hands now and tenderly raised them up to his chest. Emily stared at him intently, unsure of what was about to happen.

“Emily, I can’t let you go without expressing my deepest appreciation to you. You,” he choked, “went way out of your way for me, caring for me more than anyone else in my life has ever had. And it still blows my mind because...we hardly knew each other, but you took care of me anyway and...that is the mark of an amazing person. Unlike any I have ever known.”

50886550912_a32736100f_c.jpg

Emily blushed, her eyes glistening from the oncoming tears.
    “It wasn’t just Harvey that saved my life,” he went on, pressing her hands tighter against his chest, “you did…and for that I will be forever grateful and indebted to you. Thank you.”
    “Oh Shane…” she whispered, closing her eyes; a tear escaping. She had hoped with all her heart to hear those words from him, never expecting him to say it vocally, but now that he had, her heart swelled with joy. It made her love him all the more.

“I do want us to keep seeing each other, but,” he gulped, “I care about you so much Emily... and I don’t ever want to hurt you.”
    Emily stared into his eyes with that same worrisome and questionable look from before. “You won’t.”
    “I don’t know about that…”
    “Shane.” She pulled her hands out of his grasp and placed them on his shoulders for emphasis. “You’re a better man now. Sober. And I know you’ll stay that way because I believe in you! You even said so yourself; you don’t want to go through that hell again.”

50886550882_d9ba98692e_c.jpg

“I know...and that’s what I thought the last time I got sober, but,” he glumly shrugged, “it wasn’t good enough. I wasn’t strong enough. I went right back to drinking and it got worse when I lost Jackson and Sara.”
    “But you have me now! I will help you not fall back!”

Shane drew in a breath and gripped her shoulders with profound emotion. “Emily,” he swallowed, “I cannot put you through that. You deserve to be in a relationship that’s better than that. One where there’s never the risk that the man you love will break your heart...because he can’t control it...”

50886445716_e0c3c9df56_c.jpg

Emily’s eyes filled up with tears of heartache, her chest tightening. “What - what are you saying?”

Shane could feel the walls closing in on them, her upsetting gaze piercing his heart, but he had to be strong. She has to understand. He wanted to make this as quick and painless as possible. “I’m saying I’m no good for you,” he replied, “so please...let me go…” He walked right past her and toward the door, reaching for the handle, but unable to turn it.

Emily stood frozen in devastation, her chest rising and falling, struggling to breathe as her heart was slowly being torn in two. Tears rolled down her cheeks and onto the floor. This wasn’t happening. It couldn’t be happening.

50886550837_f4da08b456_c.jpg

“No,” she choked, her lip quivering. She sharply turned toward him just as he turned to face her. “No,” she voiced again, in a firmer tone. “Do not ask that of me! Not after all we’ve been through together…”
    Seeing her tears made Shane’s heart break all the more. “It’s better this way…”
    “IS it!?” she shot back.
    He lowered his head.

50886445846_47920389b7_c.jpg

“Look,” she began, lumbering towards him. “I know what you’re thinking and why you feel like this is the best thing to do, but you listen to me,” she paused with a sniff, waiting for him to look up at her. When he did, she continued. “We all have faults. We all make mistakes. It’s not due to where we came from or whatever hell life has put us through. It’s human nature. It’s what we learn from those mistakes that matter, and that we always pick ourselves back up and be better; never giving up. You’ve gotta stop letting those fears of scre'wing up again govern your life or you’ll never be happy. You’ll never be better, and you’ll deny yourself of all that you deserve.” She stopped to catch a breath. “You’re a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for. And when you mess up, even so much so that you go right back to the bottle,” she sobbed, holding her hand to her heart, “I will not judge you for it, and I will certainly not hate you for it. Sure I hope you never do, but if it happens, I’ll stand right there beside you and help you get sober all over again because...I love you!”

50885721608_86228d6692_c.jpg

Hearing her express all those words - especially the last three - eased every pain in Shane’s heart to where he finally felt like he could breathe again. It was exactly the confirmation his soul was so yearning for and a great sense of realization came along with it. He almost made the biggest mistake of his life letting her go, even though he felt he was doing the right thing for her. He was wrong, and leave it to Emily - his better half - to wake him up to it. Just like she always did.

50885721458_cd4f252e15_c.jpg

“I love you Shane,” Emily expressed again through her sobs, “and I can’t live my life without you anymore. You’re my soulmate. We’ve proven we can overcome every obstacle together, just like we’ve done in this very room. So please don’t ask me to let you go,” she sniffed and spluttered, “because I’ll die from a broken heart!”

50885721438_26c757cba5_c.jpg

In that moment, Shane lunged forward and mashed his lips upon hers...

50886550777_0ebba04094_c.jpg

...cupping her face in his hands while ravenously kissing her. Every emotion he carried for her he poured out into her lips, making his true feelings and desires known. Emily returned the kisses just as deeply, throwing her arms around his neck to prevent them from escaping. She let out moans of sweet relief and joy in between each one which made Shane want to consume her all the more.

50886551012_5f3278c65c_c.jpg

50886550762_c2463ccb23_c.jpg

When their airways begged for breath, the two reluctantly released their lips, pressing their foreheads against each other and panting for air.
    “I love you too,” Shane breathlessly returned. “Oh how long I’ve been wanting to do that.”
    Emily grinned brightly. “Oh you have no idea how long I’ve been wanting to do that.”
    They chuckled.

50886550742_7c59bd2480_c.jpg

Shane affectionately pressed his forehead harder against hers. “I’ll never let you go Emily. I’ll stay sober for you and treat you right. Take good care of you, just as you have me. I promise.”
    “I know you will,” she said, caressing his cheek to wipe away a tear. “I never doubted it for a second, and I never will.”
    His face beamed. “You’re the best thing that ever came into my crazy life.”
    Aww! “Well your life is about to get a whole lot better,” she smirked.
    "Hell yeah it is," Shane concurred, then lifted her body up to his waist, kissing her all the more as she wrapped her legs around him.

“I don’t feel like leaving just yet…,” he stopped to say. The suggestiveness in his eyes shone brightly.
    Her eyes reflected it. “I don’t either...”

With a broad grin, he fiercely kissed her again with all the pent up desires that developed over the last week. He led them to the bed and dropped her down upon it, slithering his way on top of her.

50886445626_ac358b774b_c.jpg

The two made love until the late hours of the afternoon.

Sometime during it all, a magical spark formed and swirled around the bed before exiting through the window and protruding up into the heavens, taking its rightful place among the stars.

50885721333_bd79b3113f_c.jpg

God - and the Wizard - smiled.

<3<3<3
    This is Emily and Shane's song. I have officially dubbed it so. ;)<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2UAy0rV8DI

A/N:
    There's a hair bit more content on my Blog towards the end of this scene since I had to make this post forum appropriate. :smirk: If you'd like to go check it out, here's the link:
    https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com/pelican-town-to-sims-town/chapter-12/
    Oh my!! *gasp* Finally the pay off we've been waiting for. Awesome! :D

I love the poses, you did very well, Emily. <3

Have you ever thought about writing a romance novel? hehe

@emorrill Yaah!! You did get it finished and it was awesome! :heart::heart::heart:
    Everything a romantic heart wants to read for Shane and Emily.
    So much love and longing in those pictures at the beginning of the chapter.
    The poses you found were just perfect to go with the words they were saying to each other. (you must give me links puhleeze! :grin:)
    Had to cringe a little when he dropped his 'about that' comment. I won't call him a name this time since I already called him a name for his thoughts in the last update! :grin:
    I just knew Emily wasn't gonna let him get away with it! I so love her attitude and wish I'd been more like that when I was her age. I was a doormat back then. :lol: She is so strong and she does love him so much that she is willing to fight even him for her love! :love:
    Emily's speech was absolutely perfect! Yes, I got teary and it even softened this old heart.
    I really need to get those tears and put them in my game. They are so perfect in the pictures evoking the emotions that go with the words.
    I'm so happy for them and yep, glad they spent the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon in bed loving each other.
    Yes! Another spark.
    Both songs are perfect. I always felt like I was home in hubby's arms. :love:
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@emorrill
    Can easily understand how you felt about that episode. That was fantastic, so packed with emotion. Don’t really what to say more than that – I’m speechless.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    edited January 2021
    @KevinL5275
    Oh my!! *gasp* Finally the pay off we've been waiting for. Awesome! :D
    ^ :mrgreen:
    Thank you so much my friend. :blush: I'm glad you enjoyed it. (I knew you would especially enjoy the end of it. :smirk: )
    Have you ever thought about writing a romance novel? hehe
    ^I've thought about it. :smirk::p
    I could never get as descriptive as those Harlequin Romances though. :open_mouth::lol:

@bekkasan *Bright smile* Thank you so much S! <3<3 I couldn't wait to read your thoughts on this scene. :blush:
    I promise to send you pose links asap. <3
    Yeah I had a feeling you would be calling him a dumb donkey again after reading him say that. :joy:
    I just knew Emily wasn't gonna let him get away with it! I so love her attitude and wish I'd been more like that when I was her age. I was a doormat back then. :lol:
    ^Oh my gosh so was I! :confounded: It's taken me many years to become as strong and assertive as Emily. (Feels funny saying that cause we share the same name. :p )
    She is so strong and she does love him so much that she is willing to fight even him for her love! :love:
    ^Yes! <3:star:<3
    Her character in Stardew Valley doesn't really show her as this determined and feisty woman, but to me I felt she had it in her to be, especially when it came to helping Shane because she loves people so much and is very connected through them through her intuitiveness. :) It's where I've made her character my own in this story. :blush:
    Emily's speech was absolutely perfect! Yes, I got teary and it even softened this old heart.
    ^Aww, it touches me that her words touched your heart. <3 Her speech there was one I was struggling with for a bit - that I think I mentioned to you in a text - and I finally had to step away from the computer and sleep on it. Then the next morning it all came to me and I dunno if it was Divine or what - probably - but I typed it all down in one thought. 👍
    I LOVE the tears CC! I think the ones I have are no longer on the internet. :( But if you can't find any, let me know and I can upload them to SFS for you. <3
    I actually debated with myself for a time on having them make love after they kissed and declared their love, but ultimately I thought...in a moment like that, it feels right. <3
    Yes! Another spark.
    ^Indeed. :mrgreen: It's almost like it means something. ;);)
    I'm glad you liked the songs. :blush: I for sure feel like I'm home in J's arms too. <3
    I'm still squealing with joy over how much you loved it. :mrgreen:

@Tamijo Thank you so much. <3 You've made me go speechless with such a compliment. ;) I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it. :)
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill What a perfect way to wake up. I'm sure they both wish they could stay in the bed forever...
    I know that slightly uncomfortable feeling when you're packing or helping someone else pack when you both wish you didn't have to get separated at all...
    I love the picture of Emily waiting what Shane is going to say about them needing to find time to see each other as her sad, slightly unbelieving expression is perfect, but I hate the fact Shane is going to say it :s .
    Aww, that was a beautiful thank you. I'm proud of Shane! But still...
    Shane, just don't do this to Emily and us! :#:s:angry:
    Noooo, poor Emily :'(:heartbreak: . She doesn't deserve this!
    She said it. She loves him. And not only that but she said a lot of wise words right before that. I love the whole speech she gave him! Shane can't be so crazy that he would let her go after that...
    I'm so happy he realized he was making a mistake.
    Finally! They are kissing <3 . And what sweet kisses they are.
    He says he loves her too. I'm so relieved. Maybe things are turning good after all.
    That was lovely <3 . My favourite chapter by now :blush: . I read your blog version as well and loved it and the pose where Emily's legs are wrapped around Shane.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top