Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Patch Out Now!

Didn't see a thread to discuss the new patch already so I wanted to make one here! Post any opinions or thoughts on it :)

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm interested to see the scared emote but very disappointed by the bug fixes. Incredibly disappointed to see that the broken stairs have been ignored yet again even though it's been months and so many people have reported it and it literally breaks builds that are built into the game, making paid content not functional. Plus skintones being messed up on consoles has also been ignored as well as every single other big issue players have been reporting.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yeah I thought the bug fixes were extremely underwhelming. I'm more interested in seeing what gets broken with this new patch before I update.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    For anyone hunting, I'm tracking Mod/CC breakage/fixes here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986225/broken-mods-cc-fear-update-paranormal-sp-jan-21 Nothing to report yet, though. But it's early.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm hoping there is some bug fixes that haven't been included in the patch notes. It's disappointing to see no fix for the cooking instead of grabbing left overs, the resetting plants and others equally as annoying.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Rip open stairs.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Having just had a quick look at the patch notes I also have to say I'm a little underwhelmed. I had hopes for a lot more bug fixes, I'll admit.

That said, I am excited for the new emotions though!
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I wished that they'd finally fix the stairs bug and the one with Sims not eating leftovers. At least there is no mention about them on patch notes.
    I'm currently downloading the patch and it's really, really slow. I probably won't repair my game after the download is ready, like I normally do. I'm afraid it's going to last for hours and fail again.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm downloading now but i had to leave it there so i have no idea if it's already done. I won't be able to play until tomorrow 😥
    About bug fixes, none of the ones i needed...
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Anyone else got some lag? I've just taken my Sim on a date and the game is very jittery. Hoping it might ease off after a restart...
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2021
    Well I assume another bug fixing patch is coming pretty soon then. They can't be serious. I think I was patient long enough :( I want to play my game like I used to. I have no interest on micromanaging my sims because they will just cook or grab quick food anytime they can instead of grabbing what's served on the kitchen counter or just leftovers. Uuuugh!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    No create a Ghost in CAS...........
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm waiting to see what mods need updating before I install. I will have to make do with seeing other players experiences for now.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm hoping there is some bug fixes that haven't been included in the patch notes. It's disappointing to see no fix for the cooking instead of grabbing left overs, the resetting plants and others equally as annoying.

Heck would even take eating sitting out on the counter instead of making a new meal fix. It looks like a buffet in the kitchen as everyone serves their own meals.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2021
    Haven't been able to play since the Eco Living patch because gardening is broken. Eco Living came out in JUNE!

Does Origin repair even work again yet?

This is what passes for a live service, and it's a joke. Many players are more than patient, and this is what we get?

Stuff like this is why I don't even bother spending with this company any more. What's the point of getting in deeper, and making things even worse?

When is the product we purchased going to get the fixes it needs?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited January 2021
    Cooking might be, if not fixed, then at least a little bit better. I'm not allowed to control 7 of my current household. I re-enabled cooking autonomy which I have had turned off since this bug showed up. One just cooked a group meal and called every one to eat. A couple have grabbed left overs. Mostly they're ignoring left overs still but they aren't in that loop of cook, ignore the food and cook again.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    When RMS Titanic sails into Boston Harbor under her own steam.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Cooking autonomy still not fixed....
  • SueTSueT Posts: 2 New Member
    My CC doesn't work, I go to game options and select it and save but when I re-start the game it says that mods are disabled. Can't use any mods because it keeps disabling them.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    “Take a panic poop” interaction was a surprise!

And seeing literally every sim running around flapping their arms like there’s a fire because of a thunderstorm is kinda funny too.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @SueT me too. I just went through and put hair and clothing back on all my sims and gave them beds again. Makes me think I might just play cc'less for a while. Too big a hassle to mess with right now for me. I'm not up to the frustration of trying to make it work so I will just give it a few weeks and download new stuff.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I am having way too much fun with the fear emotion right now. And the take a panicked poop is hilarious
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    When RMS Titanic sails into Boston Harbor under her own steam.

:D:D:D Better late then never! :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g42EG7LD1UY
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »

Heck would even take eating sitting out on the counter instead of making a new meal fix. It looks like a buffet in the kitchen as everyone serves their own meals.

There's a mod from littlemssam (i hope i wrote it well) that fixes that bug. It's on her/his small random mods. I've already tested it after the patch and it still works perfectly.
  • SueTSueT Posts: 2 New Member
    > @duhboy2u2 said:

I'm hoping it gets fixed once I purchase and install the new game pack.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Haven't been able to play since the Eco Living patch because gardening is broken. Eco Living came out in JUNE!

Does Origin repair even work again yet?

This is what passes for a live service, and it's a joke. Many players are more than patient, and this is what we get?

Stuff like this is why I don't even bother spending with this company any more. What's the point of getting in deeper, and making things even worse?

When is the product we purchased going to get the fixes it needs?

I experienced one of the worst times ever with the Eco pack and it took me ages to sort it out but it was only solved by using magneticSouth's mods that literally stopped all the behaviours that came with the pack so finally i could keep my content and today I can even play community lots as long as i don't trigger the voting and ignore it. If you don't mind using mods take a look on the following link.

scroll halfway down the page and you will see

NAP Overhaul All In One mod and that's the one you need. Despite it stating it was last updated for the snowy pack the creator confirmed tonight that the mods are compatible with today's patch.

https://www.patreon.com/magneticsouth