Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What year did you start playing your first The Sims game?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    2009-2011
    I only had experienced playing Sims 3 back in 2011 & switched to the upgrade Sims 4 back in 2014 because Sims 3 had very bad lagging & I couldn't play the game anymore.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    2003-2004
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    2015-2017
    I started with TS3 in 2015. I switched over to it after being unhappy with The Sims Freeplay, which I had found on the App Store a few months prior and decided to try.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    2007-2008
    Probably early 2007. I was 9 and started with Sims 1. I had all the expansion packs except Makin Magic. Sims Vacation was my favourite. I really liked the snow world and had my Sims live there. In 2009 I got Sims 2 and gradually got all the expansions except Bon Voyage and FreeTime. Near the end of 2011 I got Sims 3 and then got Pets in 2012. I had a lot of fun with that, but the lags and crashing was too much for me to handle so I stopped playing early 2013. If it worked properly I probably would have gotten Generations and Showtime. Those packs sound like they would have been fun. Mid 2014 I heard about Sims 4 and got it a couple of months after release and really enjoyed it. I didn't get to play it much between mid 2015 to mid 2019 as I was too busy with school and study. I got back into it mid 2019 after I graduated and have been playing it since. I have 5 expansion packs (Get Together, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University, and Snowy Escape) and 1 game pack (Parenthood). Out of the 4 games Sims 4 is my favourite.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    2003-2004
    I got TS1 in December 2002 (although I mistakenly put 2003 in the poll) when I preordered SimCity 4. (I'd been playing SC4 since 1989 when I had the original for my Amiga PC.)

I had been avoiding TS1 because they kept showing things I *didnt'* want to play (like people playing tricks on each other or otherwise being mean like slapping each other.) While I was ordering SC4, the salesman suggested TS1 but when I explained my objections said "but you don't have to play like that". He told me how you could prevent those things and play it "nicely."

I've been playing constantly since then. It even lead to my learning how to build my own computers (because my laptop didn't play TS1 well and I couldn't afford to buy a pre-built gaming computer.) That (and my high usage of the Sims forum) lead to me becoming a SimMaster (SimMaster Anubis) when TS2 started (until TS3 came out when they hired people to do the moderating, thank goodness!) I even did game testing for TS2 EPs (but couldn't afford to upgrade my computer to play TS3 for a number of years so I couldn't test those.) I also worked as a "gamer" for Wieden and Kennedy (ad agency) when they were doing the "As Played By" TS2 commercial (which coincided with the University EP release).
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I had to be like 12 or 13, so I guess it was about 2000-2001. I played it with my cousin on my uncle's work computer XD
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I'd bought a new PC and was browsing in an Electronics Boutique in Edinburgh, when they had a store there and found The Sims had just come out. I bought it as I liked the box art and the idea of those little people. Since then I've bought every iteration and every pack and even those dubious early packs made from appropriating other cc makers' work, though I didn't know that at the time.

It got me through a very bad time in my life when I had been suffering depression (later found to be caused by undiagnosed Coeliac Disease). I have been buying new PCs and laptops since then trying to run the game at Ultra!

My all time favourites are Sims 2 for fun and gameplay as a single or family but Sims 4 for building and whole community building with Eco Lifestyle. Sims 4 is the only one where I can control a whole family of eight easily, so that's a plus for me.

• MightySparksMightySparks Posts: 80 Member
    2001-2002
    Between 2000-2002, I'm not exactly sure. My grandma bought me The Sims 1 as a gift and I was immediately obsessed.
  • Phantasm_H3mPhantasm_H3m Posts: 3 New Member
    2005-2006
    I remember I first started playing Sims 2 for ps2. Then later The Sims, Urbz and Bustin Out.
  • SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    2018-2020
    Wow, I’m surprised by the results! Pretty cool to see people enjoying the game decades later.

I started last year.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    The first Sims game I actually played was SimCity from 1989.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    2009-2011
    My 1st Sims game was Sims 3 that my daughter discovered in an EB Games Store back in 2011. However, due to the lagging in 2014 we couldn't play it anymore. That is until 2018, when somehow the digital version of Sims 3 didn't lag. So now, even though my daughter has grown & has a home of her own, both her & I still enjoy Sims 3 & Sims 4.
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2021
    2003-2004
    Late Bloomer in the Sims 1 Era. I tried the base game from my teachers assistant in grade 4 and was hooked ever since. That, and Simcity 2000.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    2015-2017
    I'm not sure if Sims Freeplay qualifies as my parents would never let me play TS4 when it came out, but I started playing that when I got my first phone. As far as playing TS4, it was in 2018 once I turned 14!!
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    AninaBeana wrote: »
    I'm not sure if Sims Freeplay qualifies as my parents would never let me play TS4 when it came out, but I started playing that when I got my first phone. As far as playing TS4, it was in 2018 once I turned 14!!

Freeplay is part of The Sims Franchise so it definitely counts.

SimCity and other old Maxis games with "Sim" in the title do not count. These games are different franchises.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • planettvplanettv Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 2021
    2001-2002
    I have been playing The Sims since around the time The Sims 1: Vacation and The Sims 1: Unleashed came out. I made sure to get every expansion pack. Some time after The Sims 2 came out, I got that and then I got all expansion packs and stuff packs. When I did get The Sims 3, I just had to get all expansion packs, limited edition for those that had one, and stuff packs, including the Katy Perry one. I even ended up getting everything in The Sims 3 store thanks to the watch a video and get 5 simpoints thing, the daily deal, make me an offer and the complete a set. As for The Sims 4, I wasn't going to get it because of a glitch in my Sims 3 game, which is a conflict between my graphics card and The Sims 3 Seasons that started with the 1.55 patch, but I did. I got it when EA/Origin had it on sale for free and I have since gotten some expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs. I have checked out the game play with a Sims 4 version of The Sims 2 family the Newsons. I still do play The Sims 2, which I need to get back to so I can completely redo an entire apartment lot I built among other things, and The Sims 3, which I haven't been in since about 2019.
    Post edited by planettv on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Just picked it up shopping and was hooked. I got all the extra packs of the iterations I liked. So The Sims and The Sims 2, Sims 4. Also I played on Gamecube.. and have that same one for Wii even today. I keep it as addictive back up entertainment if my computer needs to be repaired.
    I didn't enjoy Sims 3 so stopped after a few weeks and didn't like Sim City either.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    2018-2020
    I discovered TS4 over the lockdown
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • SimerooniesSimeroonies Posts: 16 Member
    2018-2020
    I got the Sims 4 during the lockdown but I've always been a Sims watcher since the Sims 3 but I never got it :(
  • Lilibet406Lilibet406 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've played Sims ever since the first game came out, so it appears that was around 2000
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    2003-2004
    I didn't get a computer that could run games with any kind of playable framerates (unless they were really old games like Civilization 2 or the first two Warcraft games) until 2003.

A year later, my then-girlfriend (who loved The Sims) decided she was going to get me hooked on Sims 2, so we both got a copy at launch in 2004.

It was a bit slow going to catch on with me (2004 was such an amazing year for games in general, with Rome: Total War as my main obsession), but after I married the girl in question in the spring of '05, it was off to the races with me and the series.

And when we divorced in 2009, Sims 3 was there to take the edge off the heartache as I got over the loss.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • simsdelamodesimsdelamode Posts: 33 Member
    2005-2006
    Urbz: Sims in the City. Can't ever forget it. Haha.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Urbz: Sims in the City. Can't ever forget it. Haha.

Urbz was awsome.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    2001-2002
    My first experience with TS was on the end of 2001. My mom bought me my own game on the early 2002. I remember that it was TS Deluxe Edition - Base Game + Livin’ Large. I had a break from the series between around 2010-2020. I played maybe a few times during that period.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I started playing The Sims in 2000 when my parents bought a new computer that was on a special offer with a software bundle. I'd seen The Sims on the shelf in the shop whilst they were talking to the assistant and thought it looked like my kind of game so I was so pleased when I heard that I'd be getting the game.