Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have you been playing Sims3?

13...Next

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    I got The Sims 3 Starter Pack (base game + Late Night + HELS plus some store extras) in August 2013 for $4.78 in a Humble Bundle as one of the included games (the other games included for that price were Dead Space, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2: Maximum Edition, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 3, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, Populous, and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising). I didn't get the bundle for Sims3, but I took it for a test drive the following year, starting in Bridgeport, didn't like it much (I guess starting in culinary and that weird apartment had a lot to do with it) and left the game alone. I took a second look in 2019, so less than two years ago. That time, the game and I had more luck with each other :lol: .
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I broke down and got TS3 just after World Adventures was released which is November 2009. I had played all of TS games from the beginning and absolutely loved TS2, the micromanaging. The TS3 open world concept drove me absolutely crazy. I couldn't control anyone or anything. When you turn off story progression, it ALL stops which is the opposite of what I wanted. Eventually, I found the Pinstar 10-generational challenge and that helped me enjoy the parts of the game I liked. Played it for maybe a year or so, moved across country and started playing TS2 again.

Then a few years ago, the forums here directed me to the NRAAS team. I'm an anti-modder but it seemed that with just a few tweaks, I could play rotationally. I broke down and did that and now, TS3 is probably my favorite TS game of all time.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Since it first came out, however I took a break when Sims 4 came out and played off and on but I have recently started back and I have been having more fun with this game than I ever could have with Sims 4. I notice I play longer too. Now I want to finish buying things in the store to compete my collection.😊
  • SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    I started playing Sims 3 on Christmas 2010. I remember it because it was the first Christmas without my mom (she passed that October) and oddly, it was the only thing I could think to ask for.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    I started playing The Sims 3 since the day of its release (bought a new computer for it and everything. :mrgreen: ) and I have never looked back. ;):smiley:

Well okay, I've gone back to Sims 2 occasionally for nostalgic purposes. I played it for a good 4 years before 3 came out. :)

I'm a Sims 3 simmer for life. <3

4 was a major step back, disappointment and I gave it a chance when it was released. Played for about an hour, wasn't impressed and hated the limitations so I went right back to the best one. :star: Haven't touched 4 since and never will. I'm hoping a Sims 5 will go back to Sims 3 roots, but I'm not too thrilled with the way EA has been handling the franchise lately so I have little faith in them to deliver something great again.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • lolchick101lolchick101 Posts: 11 New Member
    I've been playing since 2010. I'm new to interacting with other simmers on the forum though.
  • xxcrazyskittlesxxxxcrazyskittlesxx Posts: 16 Member
    I started playing with the sims 1 but only when my older sister played because I was only six in 2000 unless I went to my friend's house her mom let her play all she wanted so I played there a lot. I got my mom into the sims with sims 3 and now she really likes 3 and 4.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited January 2021
    Just cracked 9910hrs on Sims 3.

Support-Group-Meeting.jpg
    Hi...I appear to have an addiction. :(

Sims3hrs_01-23-2021.png
    ...and that doesn't count how many hours I've been on between the 23rd and 26th...when Origin logged me off. So I may be over 9950 now.

That's in 4 years.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited January 2021
    Just cracked 9910hrs on Sims 3.
    Now, how many hours of those are loading screens or watching that little spinning wheel while the game saves...

Onto the 10,000 then :smile:
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I just got my 5th anniversary badge today. I started with the Steam Sale back then.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • ssaavyyyssaavyyy Posts: 2 New Member
    My Sims Forum account is still kind of new but I've been playing since around 2012!