Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack manifests soon!

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

Hey stephfourie, some statistics for you. There are currently 10 Expansion packs for The Sims 4. There are 9 Game Packs. There are 18 Stuff packs. There are 37 packs total for The Sims 4.

How many of those packs are truly dedicated to supernatural? There are currently ZERO Expansion packs. There are 3 Game Packs - Vampires, Realm of Magic, and Strangerville. You could possibly argue for Journey to Batuu, but I don't count it. There will be 1 Stuff pack in Paranormal. In total, 4 (5) of the 37 packs for The Sims 4 are dedicated to the supernatural.

This is about 11% of the game's packs. This also means that about 32 packs for The Sims 4 are dedicated to realism and everyday life kind of things.

So no, Realm of Magic is not enough. Vampires is not enough. Paranormal will not be enough. Strangerville barely even qualifies as supernatural since it doesn't even add a life state or add immersive gameplay since it's all tied to that one town's specific story. We don't have hardly any of the supernatural things TS3 had, nor all of the life states that TS2 had. We don't have werewolves, and plant sims in TS4 were an absolute joke and not a permanent life state. Fairies also aren't a life state yet.

So how about before you start getting upset and angry about more supernatural packs, you take some of this information to heart. Your style of gameplay is supported by 89% of the packs that this game has offered. Sit down now, and enjoy what you have. Let those of us who have been begging for supernatural content be happy that we're finally getting more stuff.

I count Jungle Adventure as 'half' fantasy while it's realistic just a bit 'Indiana Jones' like you can find magical artifacts and hang out with skeletons.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Does this mean a new fear emotion is coming?👀

Actually... a Fear emotion is coming... to the base game. :)

Guru Conner shared a picture of a scared sim on his twitter

Although I'm wondering... will our Sims be able to die from too much fright?

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLY
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've been noticing in the past 3 years that Sims 4 & Sims 3 are apples & oranges.

In Sims 3 we got Supernatural as an Expansion Pack with Werewolves/Fairies/Witches, Ghostbusters, Psychics & Moonlight Falls.
    Sims 3 also had a Genie pop out in Showtime & Vampires were secretly living in Bridgeport. Plus, we had cars, generations, spiral stairs, heartshape beds, bunkbeds, all-in-one bathrooms, time machines, & being able to color anyone & anything in the game.

In Sims 4, things got made slower & smaller probably to prevent the lagging/freezing problems in Sims 3. So we have
    Vampires in it's own game, Witches (Spellcasters) in it's own game & somehow we are finally getting Bonehilda with Ghostbusters & Psychics in a Stuff Pack of all things. It seems that Sims 4 is beginning to advance after all these years. It just amazes me & my daughter who are long time Sims 3 players.

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    In Sims 4, things got made slower & smaller probably to prevent the lagging/freezing problems in Sims 3.

@SERVERFRA Now though I agree with everything I don't agree that they put less content in the packs and divide them all the time to prevent lag. I'm pretty sure they do it for profit.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    Well that's not right. To me that's just bad business.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    In Sims 4, things got made slower & smaller probably to prevent the lagging/freezing problems in Sims 3.

@SERVERFRA Now though I agree with everything I don't agree that they put less content in the packs and divide them all the time to prevent lag. I'm pretty sure they do it for profit.

I think the exact same thing. It has nothing to do with preventing lag, it definitely has to do with the fact they can make more money by splitting up packs into much smaller packs and selling them piece by piece.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

My guess is that it's a bit of both.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

My guess is that it's a bit of both.

I'm just glad to have any supernatural content at all at this point. They've already made their choice for how occult content is going to go for Sims 4. We can't change it now, there's no use hoping for a Supernatural expansion pack. It's all going to be game packs, and a stuff pack now.

But I'm just happy for whatever occult content EA does give us. Us fantasy fans have been neglected for so long, and I was originally sold on Sims 4 by how well they did Vampires in the first place. Then it took them 3 years after that to finally give us witches/mermaids in 2019. I'm really glad that it didn't take them another 3 years to give us another occult pack! 2020 was disappointing, but Paranormal Stuff is a great start to 2021! Here's hoping we get a Werewolves gamepack soon!!
    I'm still hoping for Werewolves in Sims 4 too. As well as, Fairies & Genies.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SERVERFRA

Me too and if they flesh out faires, werewolves and genies the way they did vampires I would be very happy with that :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I always figured the "Tense" emotion doubled as fear because sims get it in dangerous situations like when there's a fire, so now I'm curious if some of those tense moodlets will be replaced by fear moodlets after the update. Perhaps there will even be a new feature in CAS to determine what our sims are afraid of. That would be pretty cool.

It was suggested in part one of the blog that many Traits have been combined to create the Scared Trait.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Another ❤️❤️❤️❤️ expansion!!!!! is magical realm not enough nonsense? What about something decent like resorts to update on rental or a proper farming pack? Sims 4 creators are creating rubbish!!

One Simmer's rubbish is another Simmer's treasure! :wink:

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited January 2021
    Gonna get this for me for my brothers birthday, seeing as it releases the day before.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I find that weird packs tend to complement each other - like, Get Famous with the ability to make movies complements some of the weird stuff you find in Strangerville if you want to make a sci-fi movie.

So if you want to actually use your imagination, you'll own something like Get Famous already.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I find that weird packs tend to complement each other - like, Get Famous with the ability to make movies complements some of the weird stuff you find in Strangerville if you want to make a sci-fi movie.

So if you want to actually use your imagination, you'll own something like Get Famous already.

You've just gave me an idea :) a sim just bought a house. He will using the drone to stream his experience of moving to a new town, while supernatural occurences start to happen... eventually he gets famous... and then, well the rest will come up as the story goes 😅
  • Simanthaa67Simanthaa67 Posts: 17 Member
    Very excited :) :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »

You've just gave me an idea :) a sim just bought a house. He will using the drone to stream his experience of moving to a new town, while supernatural occurences start to happen... eventually he gets famous... and then, well the rest will come up as the story goes 😅

I am defo having a famous medium type star that scares other people to death when they don't pay up :)
    It really grinds me that 'realism' players complain so loudly about occult packs. The vast majority of most packs are 'realism' based. Strangerville is only an hour or two's solid play, and Mermaids are shockingly rare unless you create them yourself. Vampires are an extensive play-state but even so there aren't many outside of Forgotten Hollow.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Imagine how cool it would be if spellcasters could bind the spirits as familiars!
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
    BookBear wrote: »
    Imagine how cool it would be if spellcasters could bind the spirits as familiars!

I believe you can call on them for assistance... hopefully...
  • boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    I'm so excited about this pack! I just want to have my sims doing spells and talking with ghosts!
    edited January 2021
    Guidry died of Woo-Hoo (he's pink), so presumably that handsome fellow's in a permanent state of flirt, making him really easy to... befriend...

So if there's any ghost you can make babies with, it'll be him.
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    then is the update
  • love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 2021
    We already have packs that plays on this! Why not just add this as an update....oh never mind that's how they capitalize!! Don't get me wrong I still love the Sims franchise and will forever. It just doesn't look like it will add to much for it to be a purchased pack! But I do hope everyone that gets it has fun!! Happy Simming!!
  • Brei714Brei714 Posts: 110 Member
    Hi! I am super excited about this!! But I have a question/request, please? Ghost babies? Please? I would love to have my PI get into a relationship with a spirit....