Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Pack Dev Blog Part 1

12346...Next

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    honestly as a player i do not understand why you are so interested in supernatural in the sims game as a player i have no interest in such life states and do not play vampires witches or mermaid i do play aliens on occasion but thats it i much prefer what comes in the buy build catalogue but thats me as a player of the sims4

You don't have to understand why someone likes something you don't. :)

Why there's so many various simmers and having more things to expand on their gameplay is always good. There's no right or wrong way to play the game. And from what I've read here everything is completely optional if you decide to buy the pack, so if you just wanted it for the build/buy and clothing then you can without having to worry about haunted lots unless you place them, but if it's not something you care for best to just PASS on the pack entirely.

I think this makes for a very nice addition for stuff packs for all what's offered in it for sure because we have really had any occult focused pack for a stuff pack. Less than your usual traditional career as I missed a lot more of the silly, out there careers one could have in the sims games.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    LiELF

The pick I posted above is of one graveyard lot in S3 in a much bigger world that was being made into Magic Town from sims 1 but sadly the creator gave up on it which is an absolute shame because her world ideas were fantastic. Creator name Prismatic and if you are interested further pics are on the following link

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=510823&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomment

I agree a much bigger Forgotten Hollow is warranted enabling us to play with more builds and supernaturals. As the fear emotion is coming I imagined a sort of divided world where the sims were human on one side and the supernatural community on the other (and I love your idea for a bridge for this-) At night the humans on the other side could look out in fear because it's nighttime and maybe even go through a set of protection rituals in the hope it might save them from anything out there :)

@SPARKY1922 That picture is so, so cool with the mist, the gravestones, the trees and fountain... I really wish we could get proper graveyards.

One of my hopes for when this pack is released is that all of the great builders will make a lovely variety of haunted lots and take it to a whole other level.

Like, a tiny haunted house on a big lot and the rest of the lot is a graveyard. Can Sims visit non-occupied residences? I suppose one could take eight of their Ghosts and move them into such a lot and it would be similar to a haunted graveyard.
    #Team Occult
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @telmarina @SPARKY1922 yes, great programme, True Blood (and, yes, Sparky, Eric was the best!)

I don't have a pic of the graveyard, I'm afraid, other than my world overhead - it's the Lot at the bottom:
    FH.png?dl=0

At the moment I also have Varg's Tavern on the right (from Sims 3), which I would have also liked to have kept, but something's gotta go :(
    I will also rebuild the house at the bottom left as it is not creepy enough.

Sparky, the cemetery is called Hollow Cemetery and is by itsangiebug - there is a crypt in the basement but I guess it could be turned into a vampire club or something.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2021
    @LiELF

I have spent ages today trying to find atmospheric sky mods that I can use in a bigger world than Forgotten Hollow and so far I have found a Brntwaffles Forgotten Hollow sky mod but it states patch 1.30 so I am assuming it needs patching to the latest patch to be able to use it?

I also found a CC object fog Emitter that I really like and have tested it out and it seems fine so a spooky graveyard build can already be had-) As there is no graveyard lot designation I assume you could make a small house on a bigger residential lot and take your ghosts to that location and build a foggy graveyard around it? That would look awesome :)

@elanorbreton

Thanks for the pic and the link to your graveyard. I jumped into game forgetting I did not update to the last patch so I was not able to go into the gallery as I was offline but I will go find the lot when I patch up as I think it would be great with a nightclub underneath it so i can double up the lot use.

I found some tiny fog emitters on MTS by RevyRei and while I have not tested them extensively or have a graveyard looking lot to test them in yet I think the effect is fab so i am going to keep the object and use it for spooky paranormal lots.. I could not find anyway to turn them off so once they are placed they will just keep going.

Daytime

nrZPNyj.png

Night Time

NYz4dID.png

looking at the Night time Pic I think it would make all the difference to spooly lot builds. Link below if anyone would like to try the Emitters themselves.

https://modthesims.info/d/605471/fog-emitter.html
  • sweetliljasweetlilja Posts: 39 Member
    sweetlilja wrote: »
    Thanks for blogging about this @SimGuruConor !

I would really have liked if there was a "easily scared" trait too. That could be scared for things normal Sims won't be scared of. It this isn't in the patch now, could you please consider adding it as a next step, please ❤🙏

And I wonder if there will be different levels of being scared. Like Sims could be in the beginning, before getting really scared, could feel "worried" as a first level, and maybe not scream and stuff, but might look arround and that. And maybe then be scared, and in the end be terrified. Is there something similar in this new mood?

And, can Sims die from this new mood like with some other?

Oh and also, it could be perfect to add some phobias to optionally add to the Sims personality in CAS. For things already in game. And if they have a phobia for something then they could feel terrified directly when in this situation or close to this object. You know how much simmers want more personality. Adding this could be a step in that direction, and possible now with this new mood in basegame.

I doubt all of this is in the patch but these are great ideas for the future!! So many possibilities. I hope they consider these things. I'm sure at some point they may even add scared to death. Maybe they didn't have time? Seems a bit weird to die from laughter and not fright lol.

Yeah, I meant it to be mostly ideas for the future. Thank you! 🙏😊
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    why cant we just have brave as a cas trait...

I was thinking this, at first. However, we only have 3 CAS slots. By making it a reward trait, it won't take up a slot. You can have an unlimited number of reward traits.

I still think it makes more sense to be in CAS, though. I'd rather they allow 5 CAS traits instead of just 3.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    honestly as a player i do not understand why you are so interested in supernatural in the sims game as a player i have no interest in such life states and do not play vampires witches or mermaid i do play aliens on occasion but thats it i much prefer what comes in the buy build catalogue but thats me as a player of the sims4

I never understood why laundry was the most important thing in the world to you. I wanted laundry too, but it wasn't a huge necessity.

So just think of supernatural as laundry.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The pool effects from Get Together do bring a nice smoke effect to ground. I saw it done in a graveyard build and it was amazing.

This build which was awesome and shared with SimGuruPopcorn's tour builds was stunning and using the pool effect:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3168C9EABF0211EA86359F3BDBE88175
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    I would very much like that when they offer you an inheritance you have the condition of going to a haunted house to spend a few nights! it would be great. I would like you to add fear of death! It is important, I think that scare is present in all deaths. Hope it will be added in the future. And I hope they improve the babies for next time! it would be great
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    only this week left :)
  • niklauslothbrokniklauslothbrok Posts: 3 New Member
    Honestly i'm disappointed because i'm waiting for demons/fallen angels to come in gamepack/expansion pack already years and instead i'm getting that spirits :( btw pls improve the vampire Ai because if i make someone as vampire he will never use is vampire power/weakness points or even try to become stronger and vampires NPC almost never drink blood form other sims unless they at the same house with human and they didnt drink like 24-48 hours in game lol. Sadly you offer us less then the minimum we should get for 10$ i mean black desert cost 10$ can you even compare? and you sell us expansion pack for 40$ that you work on less then a year look at cyberpunk the game cost 60$ and they offer us much more then what you offer us its a 7 years of work and they give free dlc sometimes. so pls change the prices its really insane to pay that kind of price on a game/dlc and the sims 4 really outdated the game lag/work slow even with my 6000$+ pc we getting insane amout of loading screen and its make everyone made so just give us the sims 5 soon as possible and info about the game already we need hope
  • GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    This Pack is going to be soo good my goth heart is living for this
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I hope our Artistic types will be able to write Horror Stories and Paintings under the influence of our new emotion. Otherwise we're just 'Uncomfortable'.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2021
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Please, please, please tell me you won’t be “tuning down” aka nerfing the best features of this pack in a patch like a month later in an effort to appease those who only buy it for furniture and clothing, pretty pretty pleeeeeeeeeeease![\b]

I don't recall mages getting 'nerfed'

Vampire behavior, weather related deaths, alien abductions, Murphy bed deaths, fans swarming your global superstar being recognized and swamped by paparazzi & fans has all been “tuned down” to almost zero.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Please, please, please tell me you won’t be “tuning down” aka nerfing the best features of this pack in a patch like a month later in an effort to appease those who only buy it for furniture and clothing, pretty pretty pleeeeeeeeeeease![\b]

Vampire behavior, weather related deaths, alien abductions, Murphy bed deaths, fans swarming your global superstar being recognized and swamped by paparazzi & fans has all been “tuned down” to almost zero.

Vlad knocks on my sim's doors and never enters... and i don't even use the "no trespassing" feature. It's disappointing...
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    When does the 2nd part of the devs blog comes out? I can't await to read more. :)
    telmarina wrote: »

Vlad knocks on my sim's doors and never enters... and i don't even use the "no trespassing" feature. It's disappointing...

It's possible they removed his ability to enter without being invited.

The thing is, when it first starts, people aren't used to it so they feel like it's happening a lot more than it actually is.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Simanthaa67Simanthaa67 Posts: 17 Member
    :D :D :D
    Hi @elanorbreton

I finally patched my game and downloaded the cemetery lot you gave me the details of and added a door right at the bottom of the lot that led me out into the basement area and made a nightclub.

CQUrEzG.png

Then I added the fog emitters on the outside of the lot which I was reasonably pleased with but need more tweaking so the effect is across the whole lot.

xRJj27n.png

Then after that I tried to send my sims to the nightclub and although the mixologist turned up and there was nothing in the way he would not go to the bar and it was the same for the DJ so i am wondering is this because I built around the outside of a basement or something?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @SPARKY1922 hmm, not sure. Can any sims at all get down anywhere in that area? Have you tried just clicking 'go here' in the middle of the room with a sim you control?

I have used the original basement fine.
    edited January 2021
    @elanorbreton

I can only send my sims just in front of the door you can see in the pic and i added that door/arch so i could extend the original basements build to fit the nightclub in the back. Nothing works after the arch going into the basement as when I click on the basement floor go here there is nothing no message or error so they can get to the front of the door/arch but not the nightclub behind that.

When i click on the bar it says tend bar or if I click on the dj machine it says hire staff but it's designation is a nightclub so those staff should just be there.

EDIT: I have tried everything but nothing is working so I have deleted the build for now and put another one in its place.

I appreciate you trying to help me though :)

Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Did anyone test yet how scared works with Strangerville?
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Did anyone test yet how scared works with Strangerville?

Yes, the vines coming up through the plumbing cause Botanaphobia and create a +1 Scared emotion for a start. But Sims aren't scared of the Mother.