Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW DO I GET RID OF YAMACHAN?

First off, I tried to turn off Yamachan visits with the statues, naively thinking that would stop him from barging into my home, but it's done exactly nothing. And he keeps barging into my home. He barged into my home last night (in-game time) and HAS. NOT. LEFT. I've tried resetting him (my go-to method of getting rid of him- usually I reset him by right clicking as soon as I see him, he stays there for a moment, then leaves) but it's not working this time. If I could fully delete this thing from the game, I would. I hate him SO much right now.

But, seriously, the amount of random Sims who enter my Sims home is ridiculous. I'm still dealing with a glitch where I can't put grills ANYWHERE on their home lot, lest random Sims start brewing herbal concoctions (this glitch has lasted through multiple patches, it's absurd at this point)

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Have you tried any of the door lock options? You can pretty highly customize who can and can’t enter your home, and they appear on gates as well so you can also bar people from you lot entirely. Also adding the Private Dwelling trait can help too.
  • SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    Have you tried any of the door lock options? You can pretty highly customize who can and can’t enter your home, and they appear on gates as well so you can also bar people from you lot entirely. Also adding the Private Dwelling trait can help too.

The problem is, I don't want to lock the door fully because I still want to be able to invite guests over- is there an option to lock out everyone who isn't explicitly invited in? I mean, I think that's how the doors are supposed to work in general, but it's clearly not working quite right.

But Yamachan DID finally leave this time around- and I tried buying one of the statues for my Sims' actual lot to see if that helps (to turn it off via a statue on the lot itself, I mean). I hadn't wanted to because it looks super weird, but I'm desperate.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm living on one of the Eco Living lots, and the whole neighborhood keeps barging in. I moved my sim out of the lot, and back in. That seems to have fixed it. Your mileage may vary.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited January 2021
    NPC brewing concoctions on the grill/stove sounds like idles belonging to a EL NAP, Self Sufficiency I think. See what NAP's you have enacted in your neighborhood.

Try the Trespassing option on the door, for Solicitors, for Yamachan. There might be more tips in the bug report for it.

They are asking for saves:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-SE-Yamachan-bursting-into-homes/td-p/9733342
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    If you got Get Together to could make a club with all the sims you want to be able to get through the doors, than lock the door for everyone but household & unlock for club.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Who is Yamachan?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Who is Yamachan?

The festival mascot from Snowy Escape.
    sHkIE6T.jpg[\spoiler]
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I assume you have Eco Living and a NAP that makes that possible? Because the mascot has never entered my house. Ever.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Yamachan isn’t in the townie households list? If so he can be deleted from there. Or is he unlisted like the grim reaper?
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    i wish you could like introduce yourself to yamachan and become friends :(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Download the NPC Control mod. He hasn’t spawned in my game once with that mod installed. It’s actually kind of annoying when I want him to show up and the festival of youth. I won’t remove it though cause the mod is to valuable to my enjoyment of the game. :D
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    You don't get rid of Yamachan. Yamachan continues to do what Yamachan does until Yamachan decides to get rid of you.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    You don't get rid of Yamachan. Yamachan continues to do what Yamachan does until Yamachan decides to get rid of you.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Thanks, I hate it. Can you imagine a Dark Yamachan?
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I moved to another time. It was the only thing that worked.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2021
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    If you got Get Together to could make a club with all the sims you want to be able to get through the doors, than lock the door for everyone but household & unlock for club.

hahaha this made me think of sims getting their fortunes told in one room to the sounds of screaming in another room where the vamps are eating their dinner and the medium says something along the lines of "I see no escape" :D
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on