Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Particular Uselessness of Coolers

WHY. CAN'T. WE. PUT. FOOD. IN. COOLERS.

that's all thanks for coming to my ted talk

love, a hungry and unhappy camper

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    What, yoghurt and cereals not good enough for you? :lol: Joking aside, I wish we could store freshly caught fish and cooked food in them to keep fresh for longer.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    What, yoghurt and cereals not good enough for you? :lol: Joking aside, I wish we could store freshly caught fish and cooked food in them to keep fresh for longer.

This is exactly what inspired my indignation. My Sim just went on a father-son camping trip with his oldest kid and they caught so many fish...only for them to be foul by the time they got home. Oh well, fertilizer for Mom's garden, I guess.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    WHY. CAN'T. WE. PUT. FOOD. IN. COOLERS.

that's all thanks for coming to my ted talk

love, a hungry and unhappy camper

That's a good idea. We could always put the sandwiches, barbecued sausages and harvested fruit in it to take to Sulani for a day or weekend out, so that all the family could share it.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited January 2021
    Items that can be put in your Sims' inventory cannot have their own inventory, because the game would not be able to handle it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Items that can be put in your Sims' inventory cannot have their own inventory, because the game would not be able to handle it.

Can't you put things in the fridge though? One of my toddlers put his toy in there so it could possibly be done for coolers. (took me ages to find where he'd put it)!
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Can't you put things in the fridge though? One of my toddlers put his toy in there so it could possibly be done for coolers. (took me ages to find where he'd put it)!

Aw, just like real life!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    We can also have things in the ICYA chest and then put that into our sims inventory, don't see why we can't have the same with coolers. I'd love to bring those along when fishing, to keep the fish in.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member

Fish my sims catch go into their inventories. Said fish can go into fridge when sim gets home. The mechanic already exists in the game for things to go into coolers.
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member

I think that’s no longer the case though. The box that came in DU can be picked up by sims, and they have their own inventory.