Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Superheroes & Villains Pack Idea.

MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I know, I already made one thread today, but that was a question regarding a pack I've heard others pitch as their dream pack. This pack on the other hand is my dream pack and surely I can't be the only one, right?

The main feature of this pack would of course be the introduction of Superhero & Villain gameplay. Originally, I was adamant that this be implemented as a new occult life state that has 2 forms (One which allows you to create your (normal) civilian form and then your hero/villain form.) But the more I think about, (and after it was suggested by others) the actual new lifestate isn't as important to me as just the ability to become a superhero/villain and have powers. (More on this later.)

If the Super status isn't tied to its own life state, this would allow Spellcasters, vampires, mermaids, and aliens to all become superheroes. (or villains) As long as Supers have their own power/perk tree & weaknesses, I'd be totally okay with there being no new lifestate. If there were to be a new lifestate though, I would hope that there is at least some way to create hybrids.

Ways heroes/villains could be implemented

As New Aspirations/Traits.
We've gotten three aspirations in one pack before, so hopefully four shouldn't be too impossible. Similarly, these could also be traits if aspirations wouldn't work out. Or even just some way to differentiate heroes vs villains
  • Superhero: This sim wants to use their powers for good and protect the civilians of the world
  • Supervillian: This sim wants to unleash havoc and discord, and will use whatever means necessary to achieve their goal.
  • Anti-Hero: This sim lacks the typical qualities of a superhero, but ultimately fights for what’s right and is on the side of good.
  • Anti-Villain: This sim has good intentions but doesn't always go about it in the best way and is often willing to work with heroes to complete their own goals or against a greater evil.

OR as suggested by RememberJoy, this could even be a career. Either would be entirely okay with me.
Superhero and supervillain could be two branches on a freelance career or maybe even an active career. There would be quests to fight criminals and help others or to steal certain things and create chaos. There could even be a few rabbit holes with story cards for more complicated quests.

As long as we can actually play as a superhero or supervillain, (meaning I'd want it semi-active at least) I'd be okay with however it gets implemented.

And here are some other suggestions.
AzukiMochi wrote: »

Hmm... maybe we could have actual objectives and life wishes in the game as well. Kind of like Strangerville, we could have a lifetime wish that'll direct the sim to either choose the path of righteousness or evil with a certain series of quests and a story? (I've been playing Skyrim for too long xD)

Using the a system similar to Parenthood Values & Get Famous Reputation.

A Sims actions could affect whether they lean more towards good or evil, or stay somewhere in the realm of being neutral. (ie a Sim who acts in an evil manner toward other Sims ends up leaning more towards the villain end than the hero end.

Other major features would include

A Powers/Perk System (with weaknesses that must be taken at some point) + a progress tree and inherited powers
  • Super Speed
  • Force Field
  • Super Sight (the ability to identify if someone is a hero or villain or if one is nearby)
  • Invisibility
  • Healing (ability to replenish their energy quicker)
  • Sleep Inducement
  • Empathy (sense nearby sims emotions without talking to them)
  • Influence Emotion (change a nearby sims emotion)
  • Mind Control (different than influence emotion, basically turn another Sim into your minion)
  • Weather Manipulation (can summon lightning or make it snow regardless of the actual weather)
  • Elemental Powers
  • Immunity to Weather Effects
  • Immunity to Certain Elements
  • Illusion Casting/Ability to duplicate oneself
  • Ability to turn into another nearby Sim (like shapeshifting, but can only turn into another sim. Affects appearance only)
  • Ability to freeze time (or just stop Sims and other events around them while the clock still ticks)
  • Necromancy
  • Telekinesis
  • Aura of Light
Weaknesses
  • Dampened Sight (conflicts with super sight)
  • Feeble minded (conflicts with mind control and makes them able to be controlled)
  • Uncontrollable laughter (makes it very easy to be given away)
  • Dark Aura (villains only if possible - makes nearby Sims cower in fear at your presence)
  • Slow-Healing (basically, their energy is replenished slower.)

I realize we'll only get a handful of powers, and not everything may be possible to implement in gameplay. But the more ideas we can come up with the better.

Power Gems.

Similar to the idea of curses in Realm of Magic, maybe there could even be certain items (like gems) that give your Sims temporary powers. These wouldn't have to be purchased with perk points, but just interacting with the object and being able to wield its power for a certain length of time. Think of the Infinity Stones from Marvel. You have to actually have the object on your person to use its power.

And there could even be different types of gems that can dampen a super's powers or drain their energy/needs all together, rendering them unable to fight for some time and some gems could even be fashioned into weapons. (Thank You AzukiMochi for these wonderful contributions.)
I have one idea. What if some supers have a weakness to a certain gem(s), like kryptonite as a reference to Superman? What if you could gather a specific gem(s) and make them into weapons? Like lasers or energy swords? It obviously wouldn't kill the sim, as it's the Sims 4, but it could significantly weaken the super who's been afflicted by it, lose access to certain powers, or just drain their needs.

Perhaps it could be various gems, and depending on the gem, it will have a different effect on them.

Or maybe there could also be gems that actually help supers? So perhaps good gems and bad gems.
Powers could be inherited or earned as you work up the progression tree but I'd also like to be able to create supers in CAS with powers already.
We'd need a new skill for fighting/martial arts and a progression tree like vampires and spellcasters so that the heros and villains can slowly improve. Maybe also an inventing skill for tech based heroes/villains and the progression tree could have two branches, tech vs powers.

New World with 2 neighborhoods! (Idea courtesy of RememberJoy)
If this is a gamepack the world would have to be small but I'm hoping we could get at least two neighborhoods, a clean city one with skyscrapers and a dark grungy one with a lot of dark alleys.

Considering we've already had 2 gamepacks that have a two neighborhood world and even a gamepack with more than one world in Realm of Magic, this shouldn't be too hard to do.

Crosspack Compatibility

Realm of Magic
  • Super/Spellcaster hybrids. Or at least the ability to access both super the superpowers tree and learn spells if full hybrids aren't possible. I mean how cool would it be to create Loki, Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange?
Get Famous
  • Villain/Hero status affects reputation. Being a hero would increase your reputation, and being a villain would decrease it.
  • Fame could affect whether other sims know your real identity. The more famous you are, the more at risk you are of being found out.
Snowy Escape
  • There could be additional lifestyles added for people who also own Snowy Escape. Every hero/villain has a lifestyle outside of being well the hero or villain they are. (ie Tony Stark is known as being a genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist outside of people knowing he's Iron Man. So maybe one sim is known for being an adrenaline seeker, or whatever new lifestyles may be added.)

New Sentiments!
  • Feeling Safe! - This sentiment would occur when another Sim finds out the superhero's identity and would receive happy buffs being around them.
  • Fangirl/Fanboy - This sentiment could occur whenever a Sim is around their favorite superhero. (or villain if that's what they're into.)
  • Feeling Unsafe - This sentiment would occur when a Sim finds out a villain's identity and could receive either a tense or scared moodlet around them.
  • Nemesis - This sentiment would occur between a Superhero and Villain sim who know each other's identity and have a bad relationship
    Yeah, though there could be other sentiments as well such as "fanboying/fangirling" or something more malicious from more evil or mean sims (or supervillains), that could allude to a desire to expose the hero. Vice versa for villains, to expose them, or maybe feel afraid.

Other smaller features

New lot traits
    • Villain Lair
    • Superhero Headquarters

New Social Interactions (x being the superhero or villain’s name.)
    • Ask if x
    • Deny being x
    • Admit to being x
    • Accuse of being x (mean)
    • Joke about being x (funny)
    • Debate heroes

And CAS Additions
    • Capes
    • Tighter "traditional" superhero/supervillain costumes (think Incredibles, Spiderman, Captain America, original Superman costumes)
    • Bulkier armored costumes (Loki, Thor,)
    • Full Armor costumes (Iron Man, Skyrim inspired full armor suits)
    • Casual-esque costumes (Hawkeye, MCU Scarlet Witch)
    • Eye only masks
    • Full face masks
    • Glasses and hats to help with disguises
    • Mutations
    • Civilian Clothes
      It'd be cool to have some Skyrim-like armor too, especially something like Daedric for super villains, or Bonemold for super heroes.

Daedric
      bd33faa7810433e01b4af21482d9b1b3.jpg

Bonemold
      2cdfffdb08c061c1bd08a5472966f8f1.jpg

Truth be told, a super hero/villain pack sounds like a lot of fun the more I think about it!

I'll add more ideas to the thread as I think of them, but please feel free to make suggestions. Especially regarding powers/weaknesses.

Would anybody else be interested in a pack like this, or am I actually the only one? Cast your vote now.
      https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986348/would-you-be-interested-in-a-superheroes-villains-themed-pack#latest
Post edited by MeowchaFrappe on

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'd love a pack like this!

We'd need a new skill for fighting/martial arts and a progression tree like vampires and spellcasters so that the heros and villains can slowly improve. Maybe also an inventing skill for tech based heroes/villains and the progression tree could have two branches, tech vs powers.

If this is a gamepack the world would have to be small but I'm hoping we could get at least two neighborhoods, a clean city one with skyscrapers and a dark grungy one with a lot of dark alleys.

Superhero and supervillain could be two branches on a freelance career or maybe even an active career. There would be quests to fight criminals and help others or to steal certain things and create chaos. There could even be a few rabbit holes with story cards for more complicated quests.

Powers could be inherited or earned as you work up the progression tree but I'd also like to be able to create supers in CAS with powers already.
  • AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    Well for CAS, there would only be a few outfits I think, due to Get Famous having a few already.

But I do like the idea of the powers and perk tree! It would be a new thing for EA to do, which is what they've been wanting to go for. I could imagine a lot of Incredibles fans enjoying that one.
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'd love a pack like this!

I assume a heroes & villains pack probably would be a gamepack, but I agree we defintely need a new world. I was just having trouble trying to come up with a world idea, but I love your pitch for it. Especially with having 2 neighborhoods. I think that would be a good way to really incorporate the right "feel." There were two neighborhoods in Strangerville and Jungle Adventure, so it's defintely a possibility. I think depending on how many lots there were anything from 3-5 on each side should be okay.

I'd be okay with the superheroes and supervillains part being a career, as long as it would be either partially active, or fully active. That's actually not a bad way to go about it since it should be fairly easy to implement.

And I also love where you're going with the progression tree idea as well as having a tech and powers branch. I mean, in order to create Iron Man for instance, we defintely need a tech skill.

Do you mind if I add your ideas to the main post by the way?

Well for CAS, there would only be a few outfits I think, due to Get Famous having a few already.

But I do like the idea of the powers and perk tree! It would be a new thing for EA to do, which is what they've been wanting to go for. I could imagine a lot of Incredibles fans enjoying that one.

That's true that Get Famous has a few already. But considering there are many different routes they could go with this, I think they could get a decent variety. We could have some like The Incredibles (which I believe is similar to the Get Famous ones) but also some "bulkier" armored ones like Loki and Thor has, full on suits like Iron Man. And even some more casual ones like Hawkeye has and Scarlet Witch (The MCU version) does.

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member

I don't mind at all, I'm glad you like them :)

I don't mind at all, I'm glad you like them :)

Thank you so much! And I really do!

As I said though, this is probably one of my biggest dream pack, so anything that could possibly help sway the devs is a good idea in my book.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    "They speak my language!"

Yessss. I keep meaning to build a superhero base with the set props from Get Famous. How cool would it be for it to actually have a use and not just be an aesthetic?
    edited January 2021
    @MeowchaFrappe Point taken. It'd be cool to have some Skyrim-like armor too, especially something like Daedric for super villains, or Bonemold for super heroes.

Daedric

Bonemold

Truth be told, a super hero/villain pack sounds like a lot of fun the more I think about it!
    giphy.gif
    "They speak my language!"

Yessss. I keep meaning to build a superhero base with the set props from Get Famous. How cool would it be for it to actually have a use and not just be an aesthetic?

Oh man. That does sound super awesome. Hopefully we do actually get a pack like this so that you can put a superhero base to good use.
    @MeowchaFrappe Point taken. It'd be cool to have some Skyrim-like armor too, especially something like Daedric for super villains, or Bonemold for super heroes.

Daedric

Bonemold

Ooh. Those do look super awesome and I could imagine something like that. I'll add it to the main list under my CAS suggestions.

Ahh! I'm glad that you think so! I honestly want all the support I can get on this idea, because I really would love to see this happen.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    My Batman/Batgirl couple so need to fight Supervillians.
    @MeowchaFrappe We should keep this thread on the first page and near the top of it as much as possible ^_^. The more we show our excitement, the more likely EA will see. :smile:
    giphy.gif
    @MeowchaFrappe We should keep this thread on the first page and near the top of it as much as possible ^_^. The more we show our excitement, the more likely EA will see. :smile:

Yes! I defintely agree. :blush:

And I'm still taking suggestions for ideas too!
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, I added a few more ideas to the main post. :)

It's pretty minor since I'm still going through some post Infinity War and Endgame feels (since I watched both over the weekend) but they're there.
    I have one idea. What if some supers have a weakness to a certain gem(s), like kryptonite as a reference to Superman? What if you could gather a specific gem(s) and make them into weapons? Like lasers or energy swords? It obviously wouldn't kill the sim, as it's the Sims 4, but it could significantly weaken the super who's been afflicted by it, lose access to certain powers, or just drain their needs.

Perhaps it could be various gems, and depending on the gem, it will have a different effect on them.

Or maybe there could also be gems that actually help supers? So perhaps good gems and bad gems.
    giphy.gif
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member

BRO. YES.

YES. I LOVE this idea!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think there should comic shops and movies
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I think there should comic shops and movies

I was actually thinking of this too. Or even if not comic shops (since I'm not sure how much would be too much since it would likely be a game pack) at least some comic books that could be purchased and read.

• pearlyplumbobpearlyplumbob Posts: 2 New Member
    > @MeowchaFrappe said:
    > I know, I already made one thread today, but that was a question regarding a pack I've heard others pitch as their dream pack. This pack on the other hand is my dream pack and surely I can't be the only one, right?
    >
    >
    > The main feature of this pack would of course be the introduction of a new occult life state that has 2 forms. One which allows you to create your (normal) civilian form and then your hero/villain form.
    >
    >
    > Other Major features would include.
    >
    > New Aspirations/Traits.
    > We've gotten three aspirations in one pack before, so hopefully four shouldn't be too impossible. Similarly, these could also be traits if aspirations wouldn't work out. Or even just some way to differentiate heroes vs villains* Superhero: This sim wants to use their powers for good and protect the civilians of the world
    > * Supervillian: This sim wants to unleash havoc and discord, and will use whatever means necessary to achieve their goal.
    > * Anti-Hero: This sim lacks the typical qualities of a superhero, but ultimately fights for what’s right and is on the side of good.
    > * Anti-Villain: This sim has good intentions but doesn't always go about it in the best way and is often willing to work with heroes to complete their own goals or against a greater evil.
    >
    >
    > OR as suggested by RememberJoy, this could even be a career.
    >
    >
    > As long as we can actually play as a superhero or supervillain, (meaning I'd want it semi-active at least) I'd be okay with however it gets implemented.
    >
    > A Powers/Perk System (with weaknesses that must be taken at some point) + a progress tree and inherited powers* Super Speed
    > * Force Field
    > * Super Sight (the ability to identify if someone is a hero or villain or if one is nearby)
    > * Invisibility
    > * Healing (ability to replenish their energy quicker)
    > * Sleep Inducement
    > * Empathy (sense nearby sims emotions without talking to them)
    > * Influence Emotion (change a nearby sims emotion)
    > * Mind Control (different than influence emotion, basically turn another Sim into your minion)
    > * Weather Manipulation (can summon lightning or make it snow regardless of the actual weather)
    > * Elemental Powers
    > * Immunity to Weather Effects
    > * Immunity to Certain Elements
    > * Illusion Casting/Ability to duplicate oneself
    > * Ability to turn into another nearby Sim (like shapeshifting, but can only turn into another sim. Affects appearance only)
    >
    > Weaknesses* Dampened Sight (conflicts with super sight)
    > * Feeble minded (conflicts with mind control and makes them able to be controlled)
    > * Uncontrollable laughter (makes it very easy to be given away)
    > * Dark Aura (villains only if possible - makes nearby Sims cower in fear at your presence)
    >
    >
    > I realize we'll only get a handful of powers, and not everything may be possible to implement in gameplay. But the more ideas we can come up with the better.
    >
    > Power Gems.
    >
    > Similar to the idea of curses in Realm of Magic, maybe there could even be certain items (like gems) that give your Sims temporary powers. These wouldn't have to be purchased with perk points, but just interacting with the object and being able to wield its power for a certain length of time. Think of the Infinity Stones from Marvel. You have to actually have the object on your person to use its power.
    >
    > And there could even be different types of gems that can dampen a super's powers or drain their energy/needs all together, rendering them unable to fight for some time and some gems could even be fashioned into weapons. (Thank You AzukiMochi for these wonderful contributions.)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > New World with 2 neighborhoods! (Idea courtesy of RememberJoy)
    >
    > Considering we've already had 2 gamepacks that have a two neighborhood world and even a gamepack with more than one world in Realm of Magic, this shouldn't be too hard to do.
    >
    > Crosspack Compatibility
    >
    > Realm of Magic* Super/Spellcaster hybrids. Or at least the ability to access both super the superpowers tree and learn spells if full hybrids aren't possible. I mean how cool would it be to create Loki, Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange?
    >
    > Get Famous* Villain/Hero status affects reputation. Being a hero would increase your reputation, and being a villain would decrease it.
    > * Fame could affect whether other sims know your real identity. The more famous you are, the more at risk you are of being found out.
    >
    > Snowy Escape* There could be additional lifestyles added for people who also own Snowy Escape. Every hero/villain has a lifestyle outside of being well the hero or villain they are. (ie Tony Stark is known as being a genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist outside of people knowing he's Iron Man. So maybe one sim is known for being an adrenaline seeker, or whatever new lifestyles may be added.)
    >
    > Other smaller features
    >
    > New lot traits* Villain Lair
    > * Superhero Headquarters
    >
    >
    > New Social Interactions (x being the superhero or villain’s name.)* Ask if x
    > * Deny being x
    > * Admit to being x
    > * Accuse of being x (mean)
    > * Joke about being x (funny)
    > * Debate heroes
    >
    > And CAS Additions
    > * Capes
    > * Tighter "traditional" superhero/supervillain costumes (think Incredibles, Spiderman, Captain America, original Superman costumes)
    > * Bulkier armored costumes (Loki, Thor,)
    > * Full Armor costumes (Iron Man, Skyrim inspired full armor suits)
    > * Casual-esque costumes (Hawkeye, MCU Scarlet Witch)
    > * Eye only masks
    > * Full face masks
    > * Glasses and hats to help with disguises
    > * Mutations
    > * Civilian Clothes
    >
    >
    > I'll add more ideas to the thread as I think of them, but please feel free to make suggestions. Especially regarding powers/weaknesses.
    >
    > Would anybody else be interested in a pack like this, or am I actually the only one?

Wowwwwww!!!! I want this!
    Wowwwwww!!!! I want this!

Aww! Thank You. <3

It makes me happy to know that other people want this too.
    It would give the game a lot of pizazz! (as corny as that sounds xD)

Some fans could really live their Marvel or DC-like dreams in the game! xD I mean personally I'm not a fan of either of those, but I still think having superheroes and villains could still be fun for others and myself regardless!

Hmm... maybe we could have actual objectives and life wishes in the game as well. Kind of like Strangerville, we could have a lifetime wish that'll direct the sim to either choose the path of righteousness or evil with a certain series of quests and a story? (I've been playing Skyrim for too long xD)
    giphy.gif
    It would give the game a lot of pizazz! (as corny as that sounds xD)

Some fans could really live their Marvel or DC-like dreams in the game! xD I mean personally I'm not a fan of either of those, but I still think having superheroes and villains could still be fun for others and myself regardless!

I mean, as long as the team doesn't actually collab with Marvel or DC for the pack, it won't really be exclusively for fans of one or the other. I'd imagine they'd pull inspiration from them much like I did when creating this thread. I'm a pretty big Marvel fan myself, so I would be living out my Marvel dreams. :lol: But Yes, I do agree that a general superheroes and villains pack could be fun for anyone interested in this sort of gameplay. Regardless of if they're fans of either franchise. :)

I don't necessarily want this to be a story-based pack since they're really only playable once through, but the lifetime wishes method is actually not a bad idea at all. Maybe this is even how you could determine if your super is a hero or villain or somewhere along the lines of being more neutral?

Ooh, or maybe borrowing from the character values system in Parenthood or Reputation from Get Famous, a Sims actions could affect whether they lean more towards good or evil? (we could still use lifetime wishes or maybe an aspiration to help with this, but this is another way to go about it maybe.)

edited January 2021
    @MeowchaFrappe I hope they don't. It already very, very much backfired with Star Wars, even among Star Wars fans. But yeah, I agree.

Point taken. Their traits could help them lean to one side or the other as well, which is kind of a no brainer, but yeah :lol:. It would be cool also for capes to have physics. It won't ever happen (outside of the modding community anyway), but one can dream.

That's a good idea, and makes sense! Like everyday actions can lead to the scale leaning one way or the other, making it consequential.

Also, there should be a secret identity thing going on as well. My mind's somewhat blank about that atm, but I'm sure we'll come up with something. :lol:
    giphy.gif
    I just realized, it'd actually work out well with the Strangerville quest as a superhero. Good guy infiltrates the big underground facility to stop an evil plant from taking over the townsfolk. xD Seems superhero to me. :tongue:
    giphy.gif
    @AzukiMochi I don't think they would do another collab that, but as much as I love Marvel, I don't really want a straight up collab pack since I feel it could alienate some players. Besides, I could still create all my Marvel favorites with a general pack + CC. And then kill Thanos

I'm glad you like the idea of incorporating their everyday actions into helping them lean one way or another. I defintely think they should incorporate secret identities in one way or another though. Maybe there could also be new sentiments added with this pack somehow? Like if another Sim finds out your Sim is a superhero, they'll get a sentiment saying they feel safe with you?

But yes, now that I think of it... Strangerville would have some nice compatibility with this pack.
    @MeowchaFrappe I agree. I think the best thing for them to do is stay away from other franchises, and give us the freedom to make them ourselves in CAS. If they're very desperate to incorporate other franchises such as Disney, they could always develop shorts about their own CAS work along with some editing, just to show that it's possible to at least make your creations as close to the original thing as possible, without necessarily involving any copyrighted things into the game.

Yeah, though there could be other sentiments as well such as "fanboying/fangirling" or something more malicious from more evil or mean sims (or supervillains), that could allude to a desire to expose the hero. Vice versa for villains, to expose them, or maybe feel afraid.

Just thinking aloud here, but while I'm not a Batman person per say, it would be interesting to make someone like the Joker. He's as sadistic as they come. :persevere: lol
    giphy.gif