Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Karababy52 - Thank you for the update. I'm not at that section yet, and probably won't be there until the update, so I guess we'll see what happens then. Thanks again :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Oof, I had a lot of struggling ahead of me. I wanted to reset my laptop, but that only took me +2 hours and now I need to re-install my game and everything again xD Let's hope everything is okay.

Now, off to the commenting:

@Hermitgirl I get that you like to play with a single sim!! ^^ Just go for the kiddo, haha! Whoa, a murderer? :o You got some extreme plans hahahaah. Best of luck!

Day 18 update: Nice daily picture. Those bees always work on my nerves, getting angry for any little thing xD

@Kanindota A lot of updates!

Day 16: I had the exact same problem when I first had to search the Bunny Slope. My my, how long that took. River sure looks older than he is! I would also forget that he's a teen, hahaha!

Day 17: It's Sofia, if I'm right. You're close :P

Day 18: An outhouse! Hahahah. Kyoshi once again in the picture. He sure is everywhere.

Don't rush! Just get things organized in your own pace. I'm happy to see your updates everyday!!

@SoulGal7 on your notes to my story: They are indeed mixed up, hehe. Wel, mostly Bryon. HAHAH I just had to do the bed-move. Well yeah, we still have aspirations to finish after all.

I'm so happy that Naoki is there for Bryon when he needs it most. Right?! Those bills are just.. Urgh!

@Karababy52 I had icy conditions today, I tried snowboarding with Bryon from the expert slope... and it worked!!! My aspiration is doneeeeeeee!!!!! I think I really got lucky. But like - REALLY lucky. I did read about the bugs and the reports, but I still wanted to try ahahahah, can't believe it really took it.

It's so cute that you are best friends with your Hubby and can interact like that with each other. I have the exact same with my boyfriend <3 42 years! That's like almost double my age HAHAHAH, I didn't even exist back then! So weird to think about.

I do think it's a nice challenge to try and complete ALL of the aspirations, so I was actually going for that. Will give some weird stories in the future, but I'll handle it somehow, hahahaha.

Naoki is really a cutiepie. I don't even know the names of these big green crawly things xD

I think it's a nice storyline in your story. I'm exited to see what happens next. - Immediately goes to todays update - I was thinking the worst when I saw Tessa crying, but she's crying about school. Phew.. She didn't have a good day for sure, and then there's still Josh's problem she knows nothing about... OOOOOFF.

@permanentrose Oh, you're going to work with whims? I also like to do that from time to time, if I don't know what to do with my Sims. Too bad the wedding got delayed. I'm looking out for that!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah
    I hope your game reboots without any problems! That would make me very nervous to have to reinstall the game 😬 I got a new laptop in November and luckily I was able to transfer my entire electronic arts folder without any issue and pick up right where I left off

The whims can be kind of fun to follow sometimes and very satisfying to get those aspirations points. I forgot to mention in my update, but Jules now has the seldom sleepy trait as well. It’s really nice that I don’t have to focus on needs so much anymore, this is more of the way I’m used to playing lol. There’s so little time in a sims day that I like to focus on the fun, story building stuff rather than those annoying needs. I do think there will be a lot of days I’ll focus on whims/aspiration goals when there’s not a lot of exciting plot points to follow in Jules’ life.

Also I already played the next day and the wedding since I had off work yesterday (it did give me time to write up some very nice updates, and I’m glad I won’t have to rush to play the wedding slowly and nicely, but I don’t like getting too far ahead since it means I have to wait to play Jules again to catch up.) There’s some fun moments coming up for sure

@Karababy52
    Wow, was not expecting Tessa to take center stage after Josh’s little dalliance, but I definitely like how you took that rabbit hole school event and went with it! So many great screen shots of Tessa being emotional! She’s definitely having a very “teen” day lol. Josh couldn’t even get a word in there and it would not have been the right time anyway. I really do hope this comes back to haunt him though lol. I live for the angst :D I can see Whitney mentioning something to Tessa at some point if they become acquainted. And knowing you and your storytelling skills, I have no doubt you won’t let this incident slide without consequences. I have to wonder, if Whitney would ask Josh out on a date or to hang out, would he go for it? What if Tessa catches them together? So many options for drama...

Hope you get some good sleep today!
    Good news! Just started my Sims game and all of my files are okay! Oooof. Almost done with re-installing all my other apps. This took me like what, 3 hours in total? xD Anywayssss, time for the daily update.

---
    January 19
    01-18-21-9-54-38-am_orig.png

Bryons Diary
    I took a day off of school. I had to clear my mind, and I couldn’t do that when I was in class. Naoki took my school project with him, so I still got credit for that. I went on a day hike in the snow until I had to go to work, and Naoki and I would meet up at the slopes after that. The day hike was nice until I ran into what looked like massive bees. Twice. Luckily I still had all the survival stuff I bought yesterday. After work, I found Naoki in front of a trail map. He was checking the conditions on Mt. Komorebi, so I just joined him. Icy?! Really?! ICY!!! “I’m going to try high intensity snowboarding. You coming with me?”. Naoki was all exited to try snowboarding an icy expert slope. Me? Not so much, but well, I gotta do what I gotta do, right? The first time went so good that I went a second time (and with that, aspiration 2 is completed!), but the second time.. Well, let’s just say my head hurts. Naoki laughed when he saw me laying on the ground, but after that he helped me up and took care of me.

Extra photo's
    uYGlE3c.png
    FAbHB5a.png
    6N5zjzR.png
    Awtch, must have hurt. BUT I COMPLETED IT!! <3 Let's see on which aspiration Bryon will focus now... Something a teenager can do, at least.
    edited January 2021
    January (Thursday) - DAY 19: Revelation At The Onsen

kyishis-mother-in-the-hot-springs-when-they-get-there.png
    This is the day Kiyoshi and Sakura decide to start their intensive rock climbing training. Kiyoshi takes a vacation day and Sakura calls in sick to school. Kiyoshi researches handhold techniques on the computer and Sakura reads the rock climbing book. Sakura quickly gets several moodlets about being bored due to her lifestyles. I purchase the "gym rat" trait for both at 500 reward points each; and also purchase the nightowl and speed reader traits for Kiyoshi (1000 reward points each). I am trying to keep 500 reward points in reserve for a moodlet solver in case they need it for their Mountain Excursion to fill all their needs. I wanted to purchase a rock climbing wall for their lot, but it costs $2,600 simoleons and they only have $85 simoleons (there is a lot in inventory including the autographs, but this will be used for the Mountain Excursion gear). I had also placed the Vital Climb Gym (rock climbing gym) in Newcrest, but decided instead to send them to the mountain to climb. Once there, they are much happier, and Sakura gets the "Legend" moodlet about Kiyoshi again. Kiyoshi levels up to Rock Climbing-Level 7; however, Kiyoshi is not doing too well and gets a Close Call uncomfortable moodlet which lasts 6 hours. He can't even snowboard down the mountain, so he takes the gondola down, and he reads the rock climbing book, which is in his inventory as Sakura continues to rock climb. After several more hours, Sakura gets the Battered & Bruised moodlet, which lasts 4 hours. They call it a day and Sakura skis down the mountain and they head into the Onsen together.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kiyoshi was in a flirty mood and was thinking of snuggling with Sakura in the Onsen. He was upset that he had injured himself badly today and was unable to continue rock climbing practice. Thank goodness he had brought his rock climbing books along, so he spent his time wisely reading. But now in the Onsen, all he could think about was Sakura, and how incredibly sexy she looked in her bikini. They sat down together in the water and he was just about to put his arm around Sakura, when he saw someone and quickly stood up.

Kiyoshi: "Okaa-san (mother)!"

Megumi: "Kiyoshi-chan, what a nice surprise!"

Kiyoshi: "What are you doing here?"

Megumi:"Well, I could ask you the same thing. I mean, it is quite late. Don't you have school tomorrow?"

Sakura spoke then: "Well, actually Mrs. Ito, we are taking a vacation day tomorrow to practice our rock climbing skills."

Megumi: "Oh?"

sakura-and-kyoshi-in-the-springs.png

Sakura continued: "Yes, Kiyoshi thought we should do more practice so that we can go on the Mountain Excursion this weekend."

Kiyoshi didn't say a word and just stood there.

Megumi: "This weekend?"

Kiyoshi: "Yes, Okaa-san (mother), I checked the forecast and it should be sunny for the climb."

Megumi: "That is perfect timing then. And when you return, Kiyoshi-chan, you'll have more time to practice for the Olympic snowboard trials that are being held at the end of the month. You are the best snowboarder in Mt. Komorebi, and I am sure that Sakura would not want you to miss that opportunity."

Sakura looked at Kiyoshi questioningly, "Kiyoshi, you didn't tell me about the Olympic trials."

Kiyoshi, "Yes...well....I..." he stuttered.

Megumi smiled and got up: "If you'll excuse me, I need to take my leave. I am sure that you have much to discuss for your...um...excursion preparations. Sakura, perhaps when you get back, you could come over to the house for some tea. It is always nice to get to know Kiyoshi's 'friends' a bit better."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am sure this was a glitch, but I thought it was rather funny. When Kiyoshi sat down beside Sakura in the Onsen, his mother was already sitting on the opposite side. Then, it's like he saw his mother, and for no reason just stood up and stayed in place. It's like all those romantic notions he had about Sakura vanished when he saw his mother sitting there.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Kanindota Yahhh for catching up.. it can be stressful huh? Also Father Winter to the rescue!
    @Karababy52 I kind of hate to see her reaction if she finds out about what Josh did.. or do I?? Also thanks for the notice... urrgh I haven't had my sim ski at all! I might cheat it after I try under the right conditions... Still have a lot of days left though.
    @permanentrose Nice idea to play with whims, more opportunities for a variety of pictures. Every time I see your sim I think she's so cute but also quirky.
    @Skeilah Glad your update worked out! Whew so glad your snowboarding worked out. Grats on the aspiration completion!
    @SoulGal7 Sounds like Megumi was very pleased with herself lol, nice meddling skills! I love it when the game gives you the opportunity for a shot that works with the story ... even if you know it's kind of a glitch.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited January 2021
    Day 19
    NNHDE3E.png
    I kept Roxanne at home for the rest of the week except for school. She skilled rock climbing by book between gardening. Her friends come over on their own also.. She made a new snow bro! I figure they will be the ones that will do the big climb with her. She hit a moody phase.. and wanted to be alone. I understand completely Roxanne!
    She also got a new friend, Audrey 3!
    More:
    Ga0sdTA.png
    u5VRLcm.png
    8A1LWzd.png
    egTcBMc.png
    @Skeilah Yay, glad your game is working fine after the reboot! And it makes sense to give Bryon a day to clear his mind, there's a lot going on in his world. And congrats on finishing another aspiration - any reward traits in mind for Bryon?

@SoulGal7 Megumi is a force of nature lol. I love how she keeps showing up at inconvenient times - I wonder if she'll eventually drive a wedge between the happy couple. Also good picks for reward traits - I feel like you can't really go wrong with any reward traits - they all seem to be helpful in their own way. I have all the ones that make basic needs decay slower, which is nice but I need to start looking for ones that will help with specific skill building next.

@Hermitgirl Jules is a little quirky haha. Might be all the CC I use on her appearance. Yay, we have our first cowplant! Be careful, Roxi, living alone means no one can plead for your soul if a hungry cowplant devours you...
    @SoulGal7 day 19: oh no, there's Megumi again.... She's so... Argh! Mean! xD Like stabbing all of Kyoshi's dreams away with a knife or something.

@Hermitgirl Yes, I'm also glad! I'm still surprised that the snowboarding thing worked, because I read so lot about it that it doesn't work. Guess I got lucky there. Thanks!

Day 19: Ohhhhh I see a cowplant! I think those are so cute. Wanna have one myself ;-; All these moody teens. ugh.

@permanentrose I chose Nerd Brain for the next aspiration. The first milestone is about reading books and stuff, and Bryon is a Genius, so to calm him down a bit more, I thought this was a logical step.
    edited January 2021
    A few comments on Day 19 so far.

Yes, Kyoshi's mother, Megumi, is a formidable woman for sure!

@Karababy52 - Day 19 - Gee, when I saw that pic of Tessa crying, I thought, yep, Josh has told her and she has taken it very, very hard. But, no, it was from some event at school. But I did notice how you wove the "temptation" theme in there. Tessa has a HUGE crush on Josh, big time. It was good to see her repairing the shower. Josh was quiet for the most part, probably mulling some things over in his head, especially when she was talking about temptation. Maybe he is just waiting for her to finish up in Mt. Komorebi to make sure she is okay with things.

@permanentrose - Day 19 - Jules looks so great on her skates doing her twirls. Love that you did some whims for her. That 'pulled muscle' is really the pits. Nice that she worked on her painting and gardening. Things are really looking nice at her house. Ah, teen angst! Geez! They all have it. The wedding area looks nice and it will be nice to see if everything goes well, as I have had weddings and events in my game, and it's chaos! lol

@Skeilah - Day 19 - Congratulations on completing the Extreme Sports Enthusiast Aspiration! Woot! So lucky that you got that last point. Hey, I have to get past that Mountain Excursion and I am super nervous about it for my sims. Glad that everything rebooted fine on your laptop. And that photo of Bryon flying overhead on the snowboard - love it - and then doing a faceplant at the end. Ouch! Just tell him it was all worth it :)

@Hermitgirl - Day 19 - Wow! Look at her garden! And her new cowie friend! So cute! Sometimes I think it is better to skill by reading, but Sakura has that Adrenaline Seeker Lifestyle and she gets bored with reading. The uncomfortable moodlets they get from actual rock climbing last so long. I wish there was a way to reduce this, but, oh well. And Roxanne is another moody sim - lol. I actually like playing one sim as well. I find I get a lot more done! lol
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @SoulGal7 I'm a couple days ahead with my play (still trying to do just one day per update though) so I have already played the wedding (will be posted on Thursday) and it went relatively well lol, only a few minor frustrations (okay, I did have to use MCCC to tweak a few things so my sims and their guests weren't autonomous disasters haha). In the end, I got the screenshots I wanted, which is like 90% of my satisfaction when I play these days haha :D
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2021
    @permanentrose
    Oh man, I loved fulfilling my Sims whims before they got abandoned and so repetitive. It was a good way to rack up Satisfaction points to spend. It's fun to see you do this with Jules, looks like she had a lot of fun and accomplished quite a bit too. Love the upper balcony painting area screenshot. It's so pretty with the flowers, trees and greenery in the background and the interesting lighting from the surrounding buildings. I love how you made a fence with those JA windows too, very creative! :)

Bummer she got all moody though at one point. Congrats on getting her first postcard! I sometimes collect those if my Sim is creative for the inspired moodlet. Plus, it's just fun! You think the calendar is reliable? o.O Not in my experience, but glad it works for you! Great update! :)

I wondered if anyone would pick up on that. :) It just seemed to fit the temptation theme perfectly along with the screenshots I had to work with. There will be consequences, yes. I don't know when or how just yet, but I have some ideas.

@SoulGal7
    You're welcome! I'm going to try those tips in the bug report first, and then if it doesn't work, I'll wait until after the update too. I'd rather avoid cheating if possible.

I should use Tessa's satisfaction points to buy some reward traits too. I don't know why I haven't yet, she has quite a few. I probably will later on in the challenge when she needs them, but thus far all she's bought is one moodlet solver. Good idea saving some of Sakura's for the mountain excursion!

Oh geez, way to kill the mood, Mom! Wow, she is a real piece of work, very manipulative. Of course Kyoshi is falling for it since he wants his Mom's approval. Kyoshi should've told Sakura though. I can kind of understand why he didn't. It's not his dream and therefore not important to share, plus, he just wants to be with Sakura. Also, he might think if she knew, she'd push him to do it, I mean it's the Olympics! And then they'd be separated for a long time and maybe she'd find someone else and he'd lose her. Megumi knows all this and uses it to manipulate her Son. Well played Megumi, well played. I'm probably over analyzing everything, but that's how I see it anyway. :) Great chapter!

Oh boy, sounds like I fooled you too! :D Sorry! Thanks, it was fun figuring out exactly how to do that with the screenshots I had to work with. :) Yes, she does. It's more than a crush though. Yes, she's a teen, who sometimes don't really know what love is, at least that's what some think, I personally don't buy it, but she really does love him. Yes, he was quiet and thinking over things. When she asked him if he'd ever been tempted, that hit him hard. He almost told her, but then she started to cry and he knew it wasn't the best time. He didn't want to make her feel even worse than she already did. I really don't know what's going to happen now, maybe he will go back to his brothers, maybe he'll stay and Tessa will never find out. Maybe she will and it'll tear them apart. I'm just winging it at this point. ;)

@Skeilah
    Wow, lucky you! So glad it actually worked for Bryon and Congrats for finishing both aspirations in the world now! \o/ I think Bryon's the first one to do that!

We're very lucky to have that kind of relationship, and so are you! It seems to be a bit rare these days. All our school friends that got married, except a very, very few have divorced and remarried, sometimes more than once. But we're still together! I guess we were just fortunate to find each other at such a young age. Don't ever let anyone tell you that love at first sight isn't real, it is! We're a living example of that. <3

Good luck with that! I'm going to avoid that one as long as possible. Maybe it won't even be Tessa that does the aspiration, but rather one of her children next year. Or perhaps I could make it a mid-life crisis kind of thing for her. We'll see...

:D I'm sorry, I was a bit sneaky with the screenshot of the day, eh? I used that one purposely so maybe y'all would think she was crying over Josh telling her what he'd done. I guess it worked! :p No, she didn't have a good day at all, even more than she knows. o.O

Glad your computer update all worked out, bummer it took so long though. :#

Aww, Naoki is such a good boyfriend to Bryon! Love how excited he was for the icy slopes, while Bryon was dreading it. Cool how he ended up loving it and went a second time. Probably shouldn't have considering he got hurt though. Tsk Naoki! Don't laugh, sheesh! Must be his childish trait kicking in. :D I love these two guys and am especially loving getting to know Bryon so much better. He's nothing like what I had imagined from his demeanor during those challenges. And that's a good thing! ;)

@HermitGirl
    Maybe some day she'll find out, maybe she won't. But if she does, I guess her reaction will depend on several factors such as; how much time has passed, her age, if they're still together, how she finds out, etc. I haven't completely figured all that out yet.

Yeah, there's still 11-12 days left in the month, lots of time left. I will have to resort to the cheat too if it's not fixed and/or trying the tips doesn't work. I'm encouraged though by the fact Skeilah got it to work for Bryon. Gives me hope for the rest of us! ;)

Absolutely love Roxanne's garden area! Except for the Cowplant. I don't like those things, except for a decoration when they die! >:) Love the name you gave it though with a nod to Little Shop of Horrors. Teens sure are a moody bunch eh? Especially if you have Parenthood. Cool she has a new Snow Bro and that you'll have a regular team of friends going to the mountain. I'm so glad you're having fun with this challenge! :)

Alrighty, I have some PMs to reply to, want to take a couple laps around the forum and I see my fav GC James Turner has posted a build video to watch! After doing a few other things around the house and net, I'll finally get to play my game! Yay! \o/ :D

Have a great rest of your day/night y'all! <3
    edited January 2021
    Update 20 - The birds and the bees

Fg1wfgl.jpg

Notes:
    A few moments after logging in, Jules autonomously took a selfie and made an entertaining face, which I wanted to share. 😚
    sFOlqlo.png

During a small patch of nice weather in the morning, she bought a bee box and had a successful time bonding with the bees! The rest of the morning was spent tending the garden, catching/breeding frogs, and digging for collectables. She makes a nice little living doing these things and I have not had to have her look for odd jobs in ages.

Yeah, I'm glad I rescheduled this wedding lol.
    TFyke9x.png

In the late afternoon, I popped into manage worlds to make some arrangements for the wedding tomorrow. Jules moved in with Dell and Sofia temporarily so they can all attend the wedding event and I'll be able to control Jules as well, while Emmett (sweet, kind Emmett) is "house sitting" for Jules to keep her funds, furniture, and inventory intact while Jules stays with her sister for the next day.

And then, I had to do it...since all of you guys have been finding trusted adults to give the woohoo talk to your sims, Jules decided to ask big sis Dell about the birds and the bees. It was a very awkward conversation, poor Jules :D

"Um, Dell, I have something I've been meaning to ask you about..."
    AsWWkCV.jpg

"Well, my darling Jules, these are the simple facts..."
    xZEtF1S.jpg

"What the #@!!?! Mom and Dad always said it was a stork!"
    Dell: *waits patiently for Jules to calm down*
    p6yR6CJ.jpg

(I do not for a minute believe that Jules is that naive about the world of carnal knowledge, but the screenshots were too entertaining :D)

After that, she decided it was time to change the subject, so she gave Dell and Sofia their knitted pride socks.

"I have a little wedding gift for you guys."
    QXE9nYq.jpg
    T4LL3d7.jpg

Dell: "Oh, Jules, they're perfect! You're always so creative and sweet. If you EVER need to move back in with us, you know you always can, right?”
    Jules: "I know, I know, but I'm actually doing okay on my own these days, and I do think I am starting to find myself. I'll always appreciate that offer though."

Jules would be hesitant to intrude upon this domestic bliss anyway.
    Wr3ETtg.png

Meanwhile, Olive Tortellini, photographer AND baker extraordinaire (who has also been added to the household to make this event go smoothly), was busy in the kitchen preparing food and baking a tiered cake since I do not trust a caterer to follow through for this event.
    knIimg9.png

And then I sent everyone off to bed for a good rest so they can all be ready for the wedding tomorrow :)
    @SoulGal7 Hahaha, my name gets different everyday xD Thank you! Kiyoshi and Sakura have been practicing a lot, right? I guess their skills are really good by now. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Even Bryon survived! (Thanks to Naoki, but okay, that's a detail) I'll tell him that. He still has pain in his cheek tho. Don't know if he'll listen to me xD

@Karababy52 I think you're right :o That's worth a little dance! Such relationships are indeed really rare. I have that same feeling. My parents are divorced, my mother already remarried 3 times. What a nice childhood I had xD nope. Ahhhh it's so cute you talk about your Hubby that way <3 I wish you two the best for all the years that have yet to come.

I'm thinking about maybe completing the serial romance aspiration in adulthood time. That's still so far away, but I think that may be a good time. I'll see.

It worked really well, hahaha! Oh man, I do feel sad for Tessa.

I also love Naoki and Bryon. You probably thought Bryon was some rough playboy, maybe in the maffia? xD Someone with no feelings at all? I like that, with the diary, we get to see inside his head, because what he says never matches his thoughts. He's rough on the outside, but sweet and fragile on the inside. The poor boy's been through so much already.

@permanentrose day 20: I like how you moved various Sims into the household to make the wedding for tomorrow work xD Oh, now I'm also glad, you rescheduled the wedding date! That's a lot of rain!
    January 20
    01-19-21-4-36-34-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    I decided to take things a little bit slower for the time being. My leg and face still hurt from my fall on the slope yesterday. On the other side, I went back to school today. I still don’t feel comfortable there, but I managed to stay calm. Once home, I bought a book to read. I’m not really in the mood for demanding activities. Of course, Naoki didn’t like that decision. He was thrilled to go to the slopes again. I’m not holding him back to go to the slopes by himself, right? In the end, he stayed home with me, tended the garden, took a shower, played some games on the computer, … He just can’t sit still, can he? Naoki doesn’t get why I like reading so much. Guess that’s my geeky side coming up. Yep. I got a secret geeky side on me. I got so focussed on my book, but suddenly I heard someone snoring behind me. Naoki? When did you went to sleep? I check the time: 2am. 2am?! Oh my, how long have I been reading for?!

Extra photo's
    Nnd92vz.png
    Bryon's new aspiration: Nerd Brain. Also, it was the lottery today, but apparently teens ignore this tradition. Good to know.

After school
    djtPLfY.png
    Naoki tending the garden. Garden looks good, right?!

dXKwsCR.png
    Bryon reading his book, Naoki is done with the garden and decides to take a shower.

4LwU67n.png
    Bryon still reading while Naoki doesn't know anymore what to do in the house xD
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah Haha I think I have the art of a successful wedding down at this point. I’ve done a few really nice ones recently in my game and pretty much know how I need to prepare so it goes pretty smoothly. I like playing out nice weddings and getting photos for my sims to hang in their homes

I like Bryon’s geeky side and that he accidentally stayed up until 2am reading. I’ve been there haha. I hope he starts feeling comfortable and confident at school though. Super cute that he and Naoki share a bed ❤️ I like your photo of the day - it’s nice that sims can use the bed for different purposes on different sides.

And I see that you have your mosaic off too from that shower pic hehe 😉
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    Skeilah wrote: »
    I'm thinking about maybe completing the serial romance aspiration in adulthood time. That's still so far away, but I think that may be a good time. I'll see.

@Skeilah I have a plan for completing that aspiration for Jules, probably in the next couple of months ;)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    January - Day 20: "Love has reasons which reason cannot understand."

yKGAr1h.png

Notes
    E9pwXkN.png
    If I want to be considered an adult, I guess I should probably dress like one too. Adult clothes are so boring though...what can I wear to make me look older? Hmm...

3ulgMbC.png
    This works, I think. Is it too short though? Nah...

iAUyuk3.png
    I wonder what Josh will think. Will he think I'm hot? Maybe?

B6Nqts3.png
    "Hey Josh, do you like my new dress?"

T1iPmsQ.png
    "Hey Beau (Holy Simoly!)...tiful. Yes, it's...(freakin' sexy, OMG!)...very pretty."
    (STOP STARING AT HER!)

NswCBcb.png
    "But why are you wearing it?"

BvzAYsm.png
    "Oh no reason really, it was just time to get some new clothes, I've been wearing those overalls for almost a year now. I thought the dress was cute, so I bought it."

"You look amazing, but then, you always do, Beautiful. You'll have to beat off the guys at school with a stick!"

(Beat off? What's wrong with you? She's messin' with my head man! I just want to tear that dress off and...STOP IT! STOP LOOKING AT HER LIKE THAT, she's A KID,! Hello? Remember? She sure doesn't look like one. What is she trying to do to me?
    Isn't it obvious? She's trying to seduce you. I CAN'T GIVE IN!
    Why not? I love her, she loves me, isn't that enough?
    You know why not, Come on, do the right thing, THIS time!
    Why is doing the right thing always no fun? Shouldn't it be fun since it's right? *sigh*)

WLaGSze.png
    "Uh, you should probably go put something else on now if we're still going to the mountain today. You'll freeze to death wearing that get-up. I'll start packing up the gear."

(Get up? He called it a get-up. Great, just, great!)

"Alright, if that's what you think I should do. I'll take it off... in my room. I won't keep you waiting long."

Tessa lifted her chin and walked by him back to her room with her hips swaying wildly, trying one last ditch effort to entice him to look and see the sexy, mature, adult she imagined herself to be.

7zZaHjI.png
    She's upset. I am so screwed. I can't stay can I? I have to go home. This was a mistake. I never should've agreed to help her, I never should've moved in, I never should've freakin' fell in love with her.

fqxnvQq.png
    He still thinks I'm a kid. I am a kid. I'm such a fool. What was I thinking?
    Did you see the look on is face though? He wants you, bad!

y1AoKTg.png
    I did see that look. He does want me, but... he's scared I'm too young, I am too young...Oh come on, you're not too young. You'll just have to try harder. When you're in love, age doesn't matter, right? Make him understand. Tell him you know he wants you,. Tell him you love him.

y2aWhOY.png
    Y-yeah, right! I can do that! Yes! Just you wait Josh, we'll be together soon and I'm not letting anyone, even you, stop us.

Well, I guess I've pulled an all-nighter! Oh well... I've played ahead a little and have screenshots for tomorrow's post, I just need to put them together. I think I've gotten a little side-tracked with this story. I didn't intend it to be story driven. Sorry about that...But don't worry, things will quickly get back to business. I'm just having so much fun with it, just like Josh, I don't know when to stop, even though I know I should. :D I will though after the next chapter, I promise. I'll be back later this evening to reply and comment on your daily posts.

Have a great day/night y'all! <3
    Day 20
    q5mGK6J.png
    On Saturday it was time to take on the mountain! Roxanne led this motley crew of warriors! Scary right? Uhhuh right...
    It was a hard slog through a blizzard at times but she kept them together somehow. Clement seemed to want to wander off the most... gotta get him in shape! When they reached the summit they planted their... snowmen..
    Ding, ding, ding goes the aspiration. I was kind of afraid they would have to abandon finishing this due to the blizzards and was surprised they got through it. Usually I play with that sort of weather turned off.
    Oh it was also Love Day and Roxanne had to flirt with someone.. So since Duane was the only teen boy she knows well enough .. she went for it! I love the shot I got, no clue why Clement actually had that look on his face unless he doesn't like public displays of affection... but it was a perfect shocked look... made me giggle.
    To see the look on Clements face and more:
    8zwXce6.png
    ay4nuPF.png
    pcBb8FG.png

@permanentrose. Love it when those screenshots tell the story themselves. I can't wait to see what you did with the wedding. I've only had sims elope so far, seems hard to set up.
    @Skeilah I was wondering do you control Naoki just as much or only lightly steering?
    egTcBMc.png
    @Karababy52 I had my post open so I missed yours ... The "get up" line made me laugh out loud. I feel sorry for Josh...lol.
    egTcBMc.png
    @Karababy52 I absolutely LOVE the way you are storytelling! Please don't stop haha. Between your posts, @Skeilah doing a diary format, and @SoulGal7 adding plenty of story building/dialogue, I've been more inspired to make my updates more story like, which you will see in the next few days :)

You have captured some really great expressions in those screenshots. You have a knack for getting those great expressions that really make your story make sense (I've been trying to do the same thing, and it can be super hard with how fickle sims moods can be. Choosing the right interactions to get the expression you want can really help though. I love that Tessa is trying to look more grown up for Josh. Both of their struggles make for a great story, especially since you can't have them actually act on their feelings. Tessa's sexy outfit is great - but still pretty tame lol. One day, she can pick out some lingerie to wear for Josh instead ;) He might fall over dead lol. It is really fun to play new outfits for sims, especially ones that we play THIS much. I've added several outfits in each category for Jules now - it is realistic that they wouldn't wear the same outfit everyday.

@Hermitgirl LOL at Father Winter's expression. He's like, "Roxi, did you forget about me? I know there's a big age gap, but you're special to me and I promised to wait for you." I always love your updates. I know you aren't quite as invested in the story telling that the rest of us seem to be, but you still do great things with Roxi and always manage to share such entertaining moments.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,915 Member
    Hi everyone :)
    Once again I am so behind.. IRL and work issues.. I have read all, awesomed all and loving your updates :)

Here is my attempt to catch up , so one big update, includes days 17-20

MtMQWZ5.png
    (awkward , but maybe it gets better)

Melody Connors
    Days 17-20

Funds at start of day 17 : 2754 simoleons
    Funds at end of day 20: 9438 simoleons
    House value at day 20: 22074 simoleons
    gO5VpRx.png
    Back from school.. she has 2 of those things now, as she joined at that gym club. But as she cannot go to Windenburg, she will ask the club to gather at her home :)
    aYJHbsN.png
    Oh, as I have disabled all big holidays from this save, so there will not be gnomes to give her seed packs, I let her buy 2 bags of seasonal seeds per season, she got grapes :)
    kPvDpCf.png
    7EfabIA.png
    Oh and she got her second dragon fruit to plant :)(And no, she does not need these for cooking :) these are for selling and cash flow, but only 2 bushes for now, later only one.)
    txOja9o.png
    hoerAug.png
    Time for first club meeting! Hugo and Malcolm were first at climbing, so rest of them went to swim :)
    sYbPdYQ.png
    Later she went fishing! (I am running out of ideas for fishing pictures soon :joy:
    L1t8bsG.png
    Back home to do some fertilizing.

iQhPahE.png
    New day, new look! (or actually she got a second outfit, she still has her old outfit too), and no school!!
    HdoY8Tl.png
    Studying the plants..
    CZvychK.png
    rest of the day she painted from pictures she had taken earlier and listed those all to Plopsy.
    OLoefXM.png
    Morgan visited, but they really do not have much to talk, it started to get bored, and I send her away.
    aO0v3c9.png
    4gvaL43.png
    Sad Malcolm gave her a visit.. he left right after that massage, haha.

IvnJiJ2.png
    Love day!! This is the point I mentioned that I waited any teen to come over, but only married adults showed up :D But finally Malcolm did.. again sad.
    nhsukjv.png
    O2wgIxd.png
    Gladly the tiny home bonus kicked in fast :)
    zClWMGo.png
    Hey! Yay! Thanks, dude, she is going to plant that!! :smiley:
    rYdc3X5.png
    It did not started so well, but they managed to get the golden date!
    k1N554A.png
    And after that.. oh.. yeah.. this.. naturally..

76LPOzO.png
    Next day, that horrible mother of Malcolm, cut her electricity! Hmmmmph!!! Bills...
    acXLPf9.png
    I edited the bar a bit...
    86Vmzl2.png
    lq34KL9.png
    She won over 200 at sabbac!!!
    AqlReAm.png
    And tips from this too!
    UwIGx8I.png
    Rest of the day she.. you guessed this, right?
    pzvlqRg.png
    Oh and at next morning, someone wanted to buy her paintings, she sold both she had painted, and a way better price!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Hermitgirl Having a nice wedding can be tedious. One of my last weddings, I tried to have a bridal party. The photos were nice, but the wedding itself was a chaotic event :D
    TmdPCKJ.jpg
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2021
    Day 18
    RBj8Ixc.png
    River & Kyoshi have been friends for a while so I added the Always Welcome to his personality gauntlet. I only let him stay over at Kyoshi's house over the weekend and it was a lot warmer than his tent. For ages, I thought Megumi was his older sister so when River could stay over, I wondered why there was only 3 bedrooms. Didn't realise she was his mother, I was thinking oh maybe River could pair up with her :sweat_smile::lol::blush:

Day 19
    qNHjpac.png
    River's abode! I've added helpful tiny home lot traits (can't remember what they were at the top of my head) and since River isn't always deep in the red, so the challenge difficulty has been lowered though every time I send him to school it depletes his fun and there's nothing at home that is entertaining...other than books. Slow and steady, I suppose he could go for an activity but since Sulani, I'm more cautious as I feel many more things can kill Sims here.
    Post edited by Kanindota on
    @Ellupelluellu I love Melody's new outfit - super cute! Your make overs of all the pre-mades are so good! I wish they looked like that in my game lol. I enjoy your creativity with the fishing screenshots. And I'm looking forward to seeing the progression of Melody and Malcolm's relationship

@Kanindota HAhahha, I love that River was considering Megumi as a potential love interest. Gotta love a hot mom :D I love all his snowpals in that second picture. Don't be too scared of playing River - I know you had that freak drowning incident (and the vending machine was a close call too) but for the most part, sims are pretty hard to kill in my experience lol. Jules has been struck by lightning, and she has survived her Murphy bed for many nights now too. Can sims die when they ski or snowboard? I wouldn't know, but from my experience, sims don't die all that easily unless you are trying to kill them :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top