Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Respond as your Sim!

Comments

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Piper: Willow Creek. They have a nice library and parks.

Do you do anything fun for New Year’s Eve?
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited January 2021
    Bee: "Yup! I played videos games."

What are you looking forward to this year?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Rhydia: Solving some more paranormal cases! Work's really dried up lately.

Tell me about something amazing that's happened to you.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Florence: Well, I managed to find a boyfriend! I was getting worried that my shyness would turn guys away...But I think Lucas truly loves me.

What do you do to reduce sadness?
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Sona: I'd calm/share their emotions if they weren't in good mood again once I've greeted them. As for myself... I don't even remember the last time I was sad.

Did you ever become friends with someone you never talked to (personally)?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Leonard:

Wys2zE6m.png?2

"My question is, how is that even possible? Or do you mean never talked to personally, as in face-to-face? That's possible, I guess, but in that case, not really, no. I've gotten to know people and even felt an affinity, through texting and social media, but I couldn't call it real friendship.

Have you ever lived with roommates?"
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    Raven: Actually, I have! My friends and I actually shared a house in Newcrest where we lived at for over a year at least. We went through all four seasons together there, and we slowly took our separate ways as we spread out. We still keep in contact of course, but we just no longer live in the same home.

Are there any foods you will /not/ eat?
    37mfj.png
    Sona: Food of inferior (below excellent) quality.

What’s your favorite food?
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Quin: I may be a gourmet cook but my favourite food is anything my fiance Rohan cooks for me. He is not a good cook but everything he makes he makes with love just to spoil me.

Are you engaged or married- tell us your engagement story? Otherwise tell me how you would like it to happen...
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    Raven: Happily married. It was sweet. I was the first to move out from where my friends and I had lived in Newcrest, and Johnny was wanting to see something new outside of Oasis Springs. So, after working down the list, we chose to go to Del Sol Valley! We had a house modeled from the ground up, and after it was all furnished and set up, we were ready to move in! Right as we went up the steps to the front of our house, Johnny went right down on one knee, and proposed right there!

What is your favorite (in game) radio station?
    37mfj.png
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Ida: I don't listen to the radio very often. I try not to have too many appliances in the house because my kids keep breaking them and I'm the only one who knows how to fix'em. It's annoying.

What job would you never take?
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Jazzy: Any job! Capitalism is for people who can't appreciate nature.

What pet would you have?

Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Gideon: A dolphin. I love the sea.

Your ideal first date?
    giphy.gif
    Norrell: Hitting a good music venue or concert hall. Then afterwards go out on the town for a night of supernatural pranks and mayhem.

You've found a thousand simoleons. What do you spend it on?
    Sona: On Bess Sterling's neverending project, probably. (I don't need the money)

same question
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Piper: "On my house. I've wanted to buy a new bed for awhile."

Where do you live? Do you like living there?
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 50 Member
    I'm from Evergreenharbor! Things seem a little polluted around here. But it is a good city.

*Do you usually go out on romantic dates?*
    Samphy: Bleurgh! No. Romance makes me gag and I'm perfectly happy being single thank you very much. I'd much rather have a good laugh with some friends.

Have you ever invented anything?
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited February 2021
    Crico: :( Unfortunately No! It's a different field in science. I'm personally more into robotics.
    One question do bother me the most:
    Do cappucino, latte and mocha count as proper cafe or just drinks with cafe flavour?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • KkffooKkffoo Posts: 51 Member
    Oh, I don't know, is this a staff training question? I think Latte is cheese maybe? I thought this was just a bookshop.

Do you sometimes wish you could just walk to school, instead of catching the bus?
    edited February 2021
    xJz9Q6Ym.png?1

Lola: I don't use the schools. But if I did, of course I'd walk unless it would take like more than an hour. Although an hour walking through San Myshuno is my favorite thing, and I could hit the gallery, do some skating, pick up some sushi, and see all my friends in the city en route so maybe a walk a little more than an hour is okay. Besides, taking the rail is fun and I know a lot of the people along the way.

But I am too busy for school. I don't know how I'd fit in the rest of life, plus my theater work, if I had to be at a desk for as long as a schoolday takes, and then do homework after that, too.

QIGSM2Bm.png?1

I also love having as much time as I want, to work on my independent writing projects, even if it goes late into the night. It's when I'm most creative, after all.

Walking is definitely better than riding somewhere, and San Myshuno is a great city for walkability and mass transit! And when you know all the stall vendors and museum docents, store clerks and regulars, the whole city becomes your social circle. That has its drawbacks: I can't go anywhere anonymously anymore: if I wanted to go do something in secret, all the stall vendors know where I was heading, and my blue hair is a giveaway.

But walking around the city is how I get to discover things and get to know people. Some of the most unexpected people are the best teachers. An old lady at the udon stand started teaching me Japanese, and now I'm studying it on my own, on my phone. I try to speak a little with her each time I see her.

Are you inspired by someone you know?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Willow: My namesake Willow Ronsenburg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Once I hone my skills, I am going to use my magic for good like her!

Tell me a deep truth about you.
    Wolfgang Munch:

A deep truth? how bout that I have to hide that I'm not really okay with it, that the only woman I ever loved, the only girl I can be myself around, is marrying a vampire and I have to do the right thing and just hold my feelings in, move on somehow.

When I kissed her at the cafe, the ground shook and I was sure she felt it too.

3CWPxdGl.png?1

And when she lost our wager and had to spend the night in my bed, I could have made a move. Maybe I should have. But she talks in her sleep, and I heard that vampire's name. I feel like she's making a big mistake, but maybe that's just me not wanting to face the fact that I'll never get to show her what I could be to her if she'd let me.

p3fYhGhl.png?1

I worry about her safety, that no matter what, she can't be safe with a vampire no matter what he says. I work with a few of them and they have a very different take on mortals. I just can't believe she's not walking into something she's going to wish she could get out of. But then I guess if he wants her, he'll have her and there's not a thing I could do about it if I want to live.

Anyway, I respect her, and it's her choice. And despite that kiss, I'm friendzoned.

xHqq0oIl.png?1

All I can do is save my dignity and wish them well. But I wish I could be enough for her. I can't believe anyone else knows her like I do, or loves her for her faults as much as her virtues. She knows the part of me that's nerdy, literary, and we used to be kind of partners in crime in high school. We keep each other's secrets, and I have to watch her leave me, and any possibility of an us, behind.

I just hope that vampire of hers will love her for her temper too, that she's not going into danger. Because I know she can't stay on best behavior and if that's what she has to do with him, she's in serious trouble. But again, what can I do about it? I can't make her choices for her.

And what do I have to offer, anyway...I'm a criminal mastermind's protégé and for now, a well-paid thug. She could never respect me for that. And I don't want anyone else. So that's my deep truth: that I'll have to learn to settle. I mean, what am I gonna do, go to Caleb Vatore and challenge him to a duel for the hand of the fair Morgan? *snort* maybe if I want an easy-out from life. No, if I go down, I want it to count, not be for nothing. But my mother needs me. She's not getting younger and my income is keeping the house in repair. So throwing my life away trying to go after Morgan against her wishes makes no sense on any level. And my curse is having to be sensible.

Ever had to reconcile yourself with not getting the one thing in life that really mattered to you?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Samphy: Yes, I worked so hard on my spell casting to get to the level where I could bring people back from ghosts to living again. I felt it was my purpose; once I learned Dedeathify I could give my sister back her life again.

But then, when I finally perfect the spell, I go to her and she wants to stay a ghost! Turns out she loves it. I mean, granted she can go out in the sun now, whereas she couldn't before as a vampire, but still. When she told me, it felt like someone had dropped a great pile of manure on me from fifty metres up, then just pointed and laughed. All my hard work for the last two years had been... pointless.

Mum and Dad were sad but accepted her decision, so I suppose I've got to accept it too. She said she loves the freedom of being a ghost; nothing can affect you, she can eat whatever she wants without putting on any weight. In fact, she is much happier being a ghost than when she was a vampire. She's got lots of new friends now, and even a ghost boyfriend, which I personally think is the real reason why she wants to stay a ghost.

It was hard though, because suddenly I had to find a new purpose, something else to work towards and, to be honest, I'm still not sure what that is. And I'm still really peeved that I haven't got to try that spell yet!

What do you aspire to do (or be)?

Dev (from Sims3):

VMVhtRSl.jpg

I'm torn between two things I live for: athletics, and music. But music is my career, I'm a band manager and a 3-star celebrity now, in Bridgeport, and I couldn't live without it, and I can always train on the side.

fXsgD77l.jpg

One of these days when I get the money saved up, though, I want to go to China. It could even be a working tour depending on how I'm received there. But would I leave Hyacinth behind? She might not even be here when I got back.

I get a lot of flack about this, but something happened that I can't explain. This woman and I just kind of fell into each other's lives, and the chemistry wasn't something either of us could put down, but here's the kicker: she's elderly. I don't even know how it happened, but it did, and we love each other, and that's all there is to it, there's no point in trying to deny that she seems to be my soulmate. Neither of us could have seen it coming. But it hit us both like a wall of destiny and it's done, we're past the point of trying to get out of it even if we wanted to.

I'm in my 20s and she's in her 70s. Friends have told me to break it off, that if nothing else, she and I have no future together. I'm on my way in, in life, and she's on her way out. They point out that we can't have kids together, but that's not a good reason to break both our hearts! There are a lot of young couples who can't have kids for various reasons. We could adopt if it comes to it.

I don't care. I love her with my whole being and I don't want whatever my life would be without her. For however long that lasts. I'm going to ask her to marry me. And we'll go see China, together. And I don't care about the rest. Let people talk. They should be so lucky as to find someone like that. And being young is no guarantee against tragedy either. You could be both in your 30s and get married and have one of you die of cancer or in a car crash or just about anything. It happens.

So I'm going to live my life to the fullest and give her everything, while we have each other.

Valentine's Day is when I plan to propose. Wish me luck!

So in answer to your question, I would be expected to say I aspire to be a world-famous musician, an elite athlete, or both. But from where I stand right now, my greatest aspiration is to be...Hyacinth's man, til death do us part.

Ladies (or lads, plus folx), what's the most romantic proposal you can think of? I really want to make it wonderful for her and need ideas, and I'm afraid I'll be corny instead of romantic.

xicwqMCm.jpg