Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surlybadger's *Amondra* Showcase

124...Next

Comments

• ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Looks nice so far! And imo it's got that "old renovated barn look" to it, i've always had a dream of having enough money to buy and reno an old barn to my design in real life but i have sims at least. :joy:
  • surlybadgersurlybadger Posts: 283 Member
    The Old Barn
    10-12-20_8-58-59_PM.png
    10-12-20_8-59-12_PM.png
    10-12-20_8-57-28_PM.png
    10-12-20_8-56-43_PM.png
    After Shaymantha brought it up I ran with the idea that this is an old barn turned into a cozy 3brd home with 1bth. And it has an area for laundry! I love the inside but I'm still not sold on the exterior completely.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The Old Barn is a lovely family home! :) Very nice red barn exterior design, and the flower box windows, flowers along home edge are pretty! The outdoors dining and pool back patio is very nice. The lavender and water fountain are pretty for sims to see whilst sitting poolside and dining at the table. Very lovely, warm and homely interior furnishings! The colour scheme is lovely.The patterned wood wall panelling. wood flooring and wood furnishings are lovely and warming and gives a very nice homely family feel to the home. Very nice sofa seat sitting area for sims to enjoy relaxing and watching tv, reading or listening to music. The fireplace armchairs area is very nice for warming near the fire. The candles and ceiling lights are pretty, The kitchen and dining area design is very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets.
    It is a very nice home for a family :)
  • ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Awww glad my dream helped give you an idea to run with it looks lovely and cozy! 😊 Sad that you still unsure of the outside though 😢

Just a thought do you know how to manipulate roofs? If not you'll need testing cheats enabled on then click on roof you want to shape so it's highlighted then press shift + c 🙂 hope this helps ❤
    edited January 2021
    So I finally built something. A nice little bathroom inspired by Snowliving, but I couldn't upload it as a room because for some reason if you "split" the room with a platform, it counts as two separate rooms even though the walls dictate otherwise. So I ended up building a whole bloody house around this bathroom just I could share it. Now the lot won't save to my library. I want to scream.
    edited January 2021
    2-4-1 WAKABAMORI
    01.jpg

So I originally just wanted to share the bathroom, as I wasn't feeling like making a whole house. But the game wouldn't let me share the whole bathroom because apparently having a platform in the room "splits" it and you can no longer share the room as a whole. I will spare everyone my frustrations with that.

So I ended up building a whole bloody house around it. At least I was finally able to upload it to my library and the gallery finally. I swear I feel like this build is cursed, lol. But yeah here it is. My first build in a while.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    2-4-1 Wakabamori is a very nice Asian home! :) Very nice exterior design, great Asian style roofing and zen garden is peaceful. The layout of the interior and the Asian furnishings are very nice.