Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In America. No sims 3 sold online

Ive noticed Sims 3 packs are being taken off, even origin. Not sure other county's for download. Can someone conform this??

Comments

• what!? all expansions and stuff packs are listed in the origin store for me, even when ive signed out so it doesnt show my library
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    What about Steam?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    Hmm I didn't know they released Sims 4 on Steam! Awesome!
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    Hmm I didn't know they released Sims 4 on Steam! Awesome!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi @CaveSim

I am in the UK.

Do you mean sims 3 game packs and the like are not for sale anymore in origin or that purchased games in your game library are disappearing?

If you mean purchased games disappearing from the game Library I have checked mine and non of mine are missing.

I am struggling to find out if the S3 games and packs are still available for purchase as I own them all and even when i sign out of origin and go check an a separate origin website to try and purchase a pack I still get a notification that I already own these packs.

The best I could do was find was the gift this item in origin which I could still click on but when my friends in origin showed up for me to gift to I got another message stating they were not eligible to receive this gift so I am not sure what is going on.

Hopefully someone else knows more about this. I would have doubted they would remove the S3 series without notice as I believe the series and the store are still good money makers for EA.

The only way I can personally play S3 with good graphics now is on disc on a windows 7 hard drive with no internet connection.

I went to check out Amazon uk and while they still have some new/used discs they are expensive. They have a few digital codes for sale but when I checked them for Origin it stated currently unavailable.

I tried Ebay UK and there was only one new stuff pack disc for sale plus a few used sims 3 game discs and some collections but again quite expensive now. There were also a few origin codes for sale but I am not sure if they are legit or not.

I then checked CD Keys as I know a lot of players have bought codes from this provider before and used them successfully and was pleasantly surprised to find there appears to be a sale on for a lot of origin key codes for sims 3 so maybe it might be a good time to jump in and purchase a few if they are not going to be available directly through Origin anymore. Plus these key codes are a 3rd of the price steam is currently charging.

Also I think if you have S3 steam games you can register them with origin and then play the series through Origin instead however I am not too sure of all the details as I have never gone that route but a player could then buy from steam and register them on origin enabling them to play via Origin if they wanted to.

If you want to play on disc you will require a base game disc pre 2012 as the base games after that all require an online connection to play.

@Deshong04

OMG the prices for S3 series in steam are full prices. I bought the whole series on steam as a backup in the sale a little while ago which cost me around £70 Uk sterling however in hindsight I wished I had not purchased on steam as for me even with a good PC set up it still suffers from terrible sim graphics when I play either origin or when I tested the steam version out.

The only way I can personally play S3 with good graphics now is on disc on a windows 7 hard drive with no internet connection.

[link removed. Please Don't advertise as per our forum rules. - EA_Leeloo]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I'm still seeing The Sims 3 EP/SPs on Origin. There is no longer a subcategory for The Sims 3, but they appear when I just click on "The Sims."

jPRN560.jpg
    9d9hOnJ.png
    edited January 2021
    Hi @Archivist

Could you try clicking on a pack as if you are buying it or gifting it to another player to see what messages you are getting please..I cannot find a way to purchase or gift anything?

I have noticed the games coming up in play and play pro which i believe is the monthly fee access?
    edited January 2021
    @SPARKY1922 Sure, just tried it. I see the Buy Now button on each product and can reach the payment info screen when I click it:

OlPZaHr.jpg

(I did notice that the Katy Perry stuff pack is missing, but that is probably to all our benefit)
    9d9hOnJ.png
    Hi @Archivist

Thanks for doing that maybe I cannot buy another pack or gift one because i own them all or something.. Katy Perry no but katy perry yes in all me ice cream parlours :)
    @SPARKY1922 No problem. :) Yeah, I think that's what's happening. I just checked and can see the "Purchase as a gift" option on the packs I don't have, but on the ones I do have, all that's there is the "View in Library" button.
    9d9hOnJ.png
    @Archivist

I think i panicked for the OP as I have everything anyway but I would defo feel sorry for players who might get caught out not being able purchase packs when they go look for them :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi :)
    I have the "Purchase as a gift -" on packs I do have. I clicked on the down arrow ...
    8BzzWYv.png?1
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    I can still get them on Origin.
    Hi @Rflong7

when I click on purchase as a gift it states not eligible to receive gift yet these players are on my friends list? I give up lol :)
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I have the "Purchase as a gift -" on packs I do have. I clicked on the down arrow ...
    Ahh, I spoke too soon! I have the arrow on all of my EPs except WA for some reason. O_o

cWXbkhX.jpg
    9d9hOnJ.png
    Archivist wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Ahh, I spoke too soon! I have the arrow on all of my EPs except WA for some reason. O_o

cWXbkhX.jpg

You're right, World Adventures doesn't have the option. :(
    WA is available with the Sims 3 Expansion bundle only for Wish list.

I wonder if they're slowly removing them?
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Try adding it to your wish list and then purchasing it from there. I think that's worked for me in the past with some weirdness on Origin.
    Hi @Rflong7

Something funky going on. Not sure what though lol :) Since i wasn't around at the end of S2 did players get any warning prior to closure? It might be a glitch..

@SimSpock

I will give that a go tomorrow when i launch Origin again as I just shut down..

SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi Rflong7

Something funky going on. Not sure what though lol :) Since i wasn't around at the end of S2 did players get any warning prior to closure? It might be a glitch..

SimSpock

I will give that a go tomorrow when i launch Origin again as I just shut down..

The Sims 2 Store did give a warning before closing down. EA made TS2UC when it quit supporting TS2 for people who bought TS2 from Origin- mainly. :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I hope they aren’t removing sims 3.I still actively buy from the store.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

@Deshong04

OMG the prices for S3 series in steam are full prices. I bought the whole series on steam as a backup in the sale a little while ago which cost me around £70 Uk sterling however in hindsight I wished I had not purchased on steam as for me even with a good PC set up it still suffers from terrible sim graphics when I play either origin or when I tested the steam version out.

I use the physical disks so I don't know if there is a difference between Steam and/or Origin. I am currently playing TS3 on a Win 10 OS, NVidia GPU and with internet connection but actually I notice after the last GPU driver update the color banding and reflections seem a bit more refined and reflective than I remember. But in any case, while it would be nice to have smooth color transitions, it's not something I'm really that fussed about and usually see color banding in many games, in some instances. Of course, I sometimes tend to play older games too.

This picture was taken in April 2020. No custom skin or eyes. Just pose player/poses, NRass MC and NRass NoCD. Nothing tampered with in TS3 game files except HD shadows and some settings enhanced with NVidia Control Panel.
    Screenshot-1924.jpg

This screenshot was taken in May 2020.
    Screenshot-1936.jpg

These were taken in Jan 2021.
    Screenshot-1937.jpg

This game folder does use mods/cc. They use a custom skin and eyes.
    Screenshot-229.jpg

Screenshot-341.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    @SimSpock

I searched origin again today and found the sims packs that state they are for sale but obviously as I own them all I cannot purchase and I cannot find a way to add anything to a wish list either so unless a player tries to buy a pack they do not own I cannot know for sure if they are able to buy a S3 pack. I still cannot gift any packs. I keep noticing play and play pro written across some of the packs so like I mentioned yesterday maybe they are trying to turn the S3 version of the game into the play and play pro which I believe is based on a monthly fee? Also when it states search for games and I click on the Sims only S4 packs are highlighted no S3 games which did used to come up in that search.

@Rflong7

Obviously I am forgetting that sale of the packs and the store are 2 different outlets in the scheme of things but as I have not been through an end of series like this before I would have assumed they would shut down everything together unless they are withdrawing the packs but leaving the store open for a while?

@Deshong04

Lately for a lot of S3 players (myself included) are experiencing bad graphics in the game. When i realised this was happening to me and I could not fix it I purchased a pre 2012 base game and bought the game packs I did not already own on disc and stuck them all on a windows 7 hard drive without an internet connection and all my graphic issues went away. there are some further details on the following thread where I have posted some before and after sim pics along with other players also experiencing issues.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17778312#Comment_17778312

Thanks for posting your disc pics (lovely sims) it reinforces the fact (to me anyway) that right now the disc version of the game looks fab in comparison to the digital origin/Steam versions of the game however some players never experience any issues at all and boy would I like to be one of those lucky players :)
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    @SPARKY1922 ,

That's unfortunate. I really don't understand Origin -- it's a store front that seems to not want people to actually purchase its products.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I hope they aren’t removing sims 3.I still actively buy from the store.

Same here. I still have a huge list that I'm trying to get through to buy.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)