Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Little Things you Notice in the Game

I have the Seasons expansion pack and there was a big thunder storm in my game. The lightning was striking down hitting the ground leaving black charred spots on the ground. The black charred spots then disappeared after a few Sim minutes. I have seen lightning in the game plenty of times but I don't think I have ever seen it strike the ground like that before the other day. It's probably a good thing my Sims were all inside right then because I'm pretty sure if they had been outside right then they might have gotten struck by lightning... which has happened a couple times in my game so far.

Comments

• monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 253 Member
    I noticed when sims drive they look around.
  • nonyabusnesnonyabusnes Posts: 52 Member
    I noticed it hit my sims home like 3 times in a row once. I was really shocked cause my volume was a bit high. But my sims didn't even bat an eye...
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Not necessarily little things, but things that I notice.

Sims can be quite expressive when I direct them to do something they don't like or something they appreciate. For example, a lot of my Sims do not have the Excitable trait but do use the happy clap animation in some cases to show how they like to be guided. Though not sure if that animation is exclusive to the Excitable trait or if some of my Sims have that as a hidden trait.

A mother who I tell to interact with her child or husband will often show her excitement. Her traits are: Genius, Good, Perfectionist, Social Butterfly, Workaholic and her social group trait is Green Thumb and her University trait is Ambitious. Likely the Social Butterfly trait influences her excitement to interact or be interacted with her family.

Or if I have the husband interact with her or their child, she also becomes happy and vice versa. I don't remember his traits but I'll try: Savvy Sculptor, Disciplined, Heavy Sleeper, Artistic, Hates the Outdoors and Charismatic?

There are other ways besides the clap animation that I see how my Sim is feeling towards me or other Sims or their current situation.
    Screenshot-238.jpg

I also thought this was interesting because he had a wish to paint something Brilliant but have not accomplished that yet...until the birth of his daughter. He autonomously started painting. It's a beautiful painting too so I decided to keep this one and hang it up in the nursery. And ever since he's been creating more Brilliant paintings which I take to mean his daughter is his inspiration. How adorable. <3
    Screenshot-173.jpg

This Sim got upset after I moved her into a new home. She did that ball fist animation twice consecutively. But the lot and house she was at was too big for just her and 3 cats. Hopefully, she will learn to like her new place. And likely she is fed up with being moved around a lot so yeah...I get it. But I might have her travel around the world for a bit.
    Screenshot-40.jpg

Then there are moments when my Sims can reveal some of their personal thoughts about other Sims.
    Screenshot-4336.jpg

Screenshot-2689.jpg

Screenshot-2692.jpg

Besides wishes, Sims can communicate the same thing in other ways. Not sure but it seems like the A.I., in a sense, attempting to get me to understand their language in how they are using the icons to convey a message. Though this one below is easy and something I figured out probably back 2009. I would think most, if not everyone, knows what this means outside of, "I want to go to sleep." Depending on the context of how the A.I. is using the icons, it can mean different things. Something I'm still learning.
    Screenshot-293.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 253 Member
    I am currently playing a household where the mother is the only one that freaks out when it rains. LOL everyone else just ignores it.
  • Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    monjr8302 wrote: »
    I am currently playing a household where the mother is the only one that freaks out when it rains. LOL everyone else just ignores it.

Some of my Sims and pets get surprised from big thunder storms too or if it's raining and they don't have an umbrella some of them quickly run back inside.
  • xxcrazyskittlesxxxxcrazyskittlesxx Posts: 16 Member
    Honestly how loud the storms get sometimes. I have had to turn my sound down more than once.
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2021
    Just noticed for the first time that plantsims can photosynthesize even on concrete - one of mine just drilled into a tile of one of the walks on campus (autonomously), then came out an hour later with the tile restored to its original state. I'd always moved them onto dirt first.

And, speaking of plantsims, how about the fact that in their default outfits they look like either small versions of the Jolly Green Giant, or large versions of the Vegepygmies from the 1st Edition AD&D module, Expedition to the Barrier Peaks?
  • S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    @Deshong04 I've really noticed that the sims in The Sims 3 are more "alive" than I think the average player realizes. I might be crazy but it seems some Sims (if not all) have personalities outside of the personality traits we give them. They have "inner thoughts" and they talk about relevant things to each other during their chats (I'm talking about the regular CHAT interaction, not the TALK ABOUT XYZ interaction). Even the chat bubble icons can form a story of some kind if you really pay attention. And based on what I'm reading in this thread, even their actions can reflect something. Plus the possibilities in the game can form so many stories. And the added spontaneity of the game sometimes..*chef kiss*

_Slavic
    d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    S_Empress wrote: »
    @Deshong04 I've really noticed that the sims in The Sims 3 are more "alive" than I think the average player realizes. I might be crazy but it seems some Sims (if not all) have personalities outside of the personality traits we give them. They have "inner thoughts" and they talk about relevant things to each other during their chats (I'm talking about the regular CHAT interaction, not the TALK ABOUT XYZ interaction). Even the chat bubble icons can form a story of some kind if you really pay attention. And based on what I'm reading in this thread, even their actions can reflect something. Plus the possibilities in the game can form so many stories. And the added spontaneity of the game sometimes..*chef kiss*

_Slavic

I noticed that as well, there is this one sim of mine who always prefer to eat outside except when it's raining or blizzard, he doesn't have loves the outdoor trait, even in community lot such as resort he will always choose a dining table that is located at the outside.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    S_Empress wrote: »

_Slavic

I noticed that as well, there is this one sim of mine who always prefer to eat outside except when it's raining or blizzard, he doesn't have loves the outdoor trait, even in community lot such as resort he will always choose a dining table that is located at the outside.

It's really something!

d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I hope this isn't a necropost; this seems like a topic that could be timeless enough to continue.

I enjoy watching what my Sims dream about. It often gives me clues about interests they might like to pursue, or activities they might enjoy doing the next day.

One night, my Sim dreamed about horses (he is not an Animal Lover), and then a heart appeared in his dream bubble. The next day after work, I sent him to the Equestrian Training Center. There, he met a fellow resident of Appaloosa Plains he'd never seen before. He approached her and struck up a conversation. They hit it off well...and after 10 days or so of building a connection with her, she's now his girlfriend. <3
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • VaChuVaChu Posts: 37 Member
    I noticed when there's a thunderstorm, my evil sim will start evil laughing every time they hear it
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    For something even more interesting, when your sim goes to bed try going around the neighborhood and seeing what other Sims are up to. Sometimes it's really fun. Sometimes it's kind of spooky. But the neighborhood is really alive.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    I've tried "snooping" like that, but I haven't had much luck. I haven't managed to see inside other Sims' houses.

Only in this setting would sentences like that be anything other than criminally creepy! :)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • kadenceiscooolkadenceiscoool Posts: 2 New Member
    in my sims' old house, my sim had her sketch table next to the baby swing. while drawing, she kept looking over to her son, like she was making sure he was safe. it was so cute! she does it while using the drawing pad too. a good mom she is.
    My Sims are ambidextrous, at least in the kitchen. They do their food preparation (chopping, stirring) with their right hands, and they eat with their left hands. I'll have to watch to see what hand they use for other things.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I noticed that sims hold their noses when something stinks. Myth held her nose when going to check on Sapphire, her daughter.
    :) Smile!

When Sims cook food in their microwaves, they don't get the food items out of the fridge or pull them out of their "pockets" when they're standing in their kitchens. They carry them to the microwave from wherever they are before mealtime. My Sim apparently keeps a stash of breakfast burritos beside his bed.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I've tried "snooping" like that, but I haven't had much luck. I haven't managed to see inside other Sims' houses.

If you use mods, NRaas MasterController will let you "open" other houses to see inside. Click on the wall, the ground, or the house's map tag and select NRaas > MC > Open. Don't forget to close it when you're done though (NRaas > MC > Close) because having too many houses open can be a drag on performance.

Or you could just peek in the windows like a normal stalker.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2021
    Simmer2500 wrote: »
    I have the Seasons expansion pack and there was a big thunder storm in my game. The lightning was striking down hitting the ground leaving black charred spots on the ground. The black charred spots then disappeared after a few Sim minutes. I have seen lightning in the game plenty of times but I don't think I have ever seen it strike the ground like that before the other day. It's probably a good thing my Sims were all inside right then because I'm pretty sure if they had been outside right then they might have gotten struck by lightning... which has happened a couple times in my game so far.

I noticed the same thing during the night time and my sims were all inside of their house. And then, one of them suddenly got out of their house, then got struck by lightening on purpose.. I thought he wanted to say hello to ‘grim reaper’ or he needed to get electric power like other plumbots although he was a warlock.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2021
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    For something even more interesting, when your sim goes to bed try going around the neighborhood and seeing what other Sims are up to. Sometimes it's really fun. Sometimes it's kind of spooky. But the neighborhood is really alive.

Every time I’m having a look inside of the neighborhoods’ houses, I feel like I became ‘Peeping Tom’ or a sims stalker. :D

I’m not sure how to describe what I noticed in game but I will try. After a quite long play of the sims3, when I pause the game for saving and quitting, my sims slightly turn their faces towards me with pokerface as if they are asking me that I will really quit the game. I feel a bit sorry to them, then I play 30 mins more for them even though my eyes are very tired.