Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited January 2021
    Oh, I'm low key suspecting that, if I let him, Zeph would be an Evil Twin while Dylan would be the Good Twin.

Zeph loves to troll and steal from the landgraabs autonomously.

Dylan actually gets happy from a random angelic toddler trait as a young adult.

Dylan was a Silly but good toddler while Zeph was an inquisitive toddler that had tantrums over his mom leaving him outside with a vampire while trying to carry him through the ocean to leave the lot. Because Toddlers don't have a merform, that did turn into an interesting bug for the game.

Me and the game are both critics of Arihi's parenting skills. The game's forums actually told her off a few times... Yep, definitely not a perfect mom.
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited January 2021
    The Eisenstern Legacy
    Start | Previous | Family Tree

This'll be quite the large update, I suspect. A lot happened, as I mentioned. I spent the last three days mostly just playing The Sims and pretending nothing else exists.
    (By the way, check out that Sims Discord in my signature!)

TS4-x64-2021-01-13-14-38-57.jpg
    Ezio did them a very big favour giving them this giant garden. We can still add some more fruits and a bunch of flowers to the collection, we'll get there, but still, this is an impressive array.

It also likes to have a bunch of things that're sparkling at once.
    TS4-x64-2021-01-13-15-14-20.jpg
    Cyne and Dusty remain really close, but all the kids are. Honestly, the Eisensterns have been the tightest family I've ever played. I don't even remember my mermaid legacy being this close, but then, it's been a year or so, I may be misremembering lol

TS4-x64-2021-01-13-15-35-29.jpg
    Turns out there are decorative yarn balls in Ravasheens Nifty Knitting decor set, and it works as a pet toy. Diablo (his name was altered slightly to Diaval) can play with them, and he does. (I don't know how he got it off the shelf, actually.)

TS4-x64-2021-01-13-17-33-47.jpg
    Since he was apparently sick again, Dusty gave Diaval another wellness treat. I swear the cats are constantly sick. I haven't noticed that dogs are, just cats.

I had a bit of an internal kerfluffle here, not sure if I wanted to keep Diaval or if I wanted to send him to Sulani with Ezio and Drake, but I decided to keep him. I wasn't sure how I'd react to having a Sim black cat hanging around, but you know, I have another black cat at home, so that was completely moot anyway.

TS4-x64-2021-01-13-21-31-02.jpg
    Ezio reminded me how much he loves Drake. (They still have deeply in love.) They weren't even talking or anything, Ezio just looked over at him like that and I was like, yeah... that's fair.

TS4-x64-2021-01-13-23-54-07.jpg
    Ezio made Diaval's dinner one last time. But there was one more thing to take care of before he and Drake could leave. Bryn's birthday was coming up, and with it, the technical time-span where he and Drake should've died off at.

In some sense, I find it sort of sad that Ezio and Drake won't ever be in the family cemetery, but, Ezio has reaper work to do anyway.

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-02-26-44.jpg
    Bryn went to go visit Orlando. They get along super well, and he rolled Good as his last trait. (How nice!)

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-05-11-03.jpg
    Lana came out to visit one last time and used the rocking chair. Fun story, in the alt. legacy with Caleb instead of Drake, I gave them a rocking chair too, because I remembered Caleb likes them. Ezio does too. They use it all the time.

But this one? No one but Lana ever used that rocking chair. It's still mostly unused.

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-05-14-32.jpg
    All that punching stuff and running on a treadmill worked out for her. She looks GOOD.

Idk why, exactly, I suspect the size of his bum, but Ezio's girls all have very respectably-sized hips. He tends to whine an overly large amount when pregnant, so I decided it's head-canon that pregnancy is just hard on Ezio, so hopefully his kids won't have the same issue. ... I will not know for anyone but the heir because this is too many Sims, they're all moving out.

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-07-46-17.jpg
    Ezio talked to Diaval for a bit that morning and then went downstairs.

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-17-52-27.jpg
    It was the Last Night, and Bryn's young adult birthday. We had one more family breakfast. Dustin back there had just become Cecily, as well. Funny, we got that knitted sweater dress thinking it may come in handy in future generations and Cecily just, sort of claimed it. It looks good on her though.

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-17-57-41.jpg
    Everyone got to open presents. I don't even remember what everyone got. I do remember Bryn got a wall-mounted TV. Pretty nice one too. Shame TV is banned in this house. xD

Well, it's someone else's house soon, so they can change the rules if they'd like.

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-19-35-19.jpg
    I had to spend a lot of time listening to them badly sing holiday songs. Hahaha.

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-20-03-55.jpg
    That one last thing to do was then complete, and ghost!Mayor Whiskers was bound as Ezio's familiar. They moved to Sulani the next morning.

(And then immediately came to visit...)

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-20-16-21.jpg
    Diaval is not her familiar... he isn't even a familiar at all! And he still acts like one, coming in to watch her do magic. Bryn rolled Foodie as her last trait. Makes sense. Anyone that grows up eating Ezio's fantastic food all their life would probably turn out a Foodie, yup.

TS4-x64-2021-01-14-20-17-11.jpg
    He also had to watch over Cyne doing his homework.

Unfortunately, Drake and Ezio were the only friends Diaval had. The kids' relationship with the cat were all dismally low, and with most of them at school all day, and Bryn doing other things, he started to feel neglected and attempted to run away. That didn't work out in his favour.

(I then made a mod, and I believe I disabled running away.)

TS4-x64-2021-01-15-17-26-27.jpg
    But Bryn did say hi to him when she could. Half her day was selling the produce in that giant garden. It even took Ezio three super sells to sell everything, so it took Bryn forever given she had to go one plant by one.

TS4-x64-2021-01-15-18-04-51.jpg
    Freya brought home a friend. Kaylie spent a lot of time making friends with her siblings, and meeting the cat. She gets along with Cynemaer decently well, and Cecily, but everyone gets along with Cecily.

If anyone's wondering why Cecily, given it's not actually Nordic, lol, it was a C name to match Cynemaer and Cecily roots in Roman nomen Caecilius, from caecus, meaning blind. The female form is Caecilia/Cecilia, and was brought to England by the Normans as Cecily. The Normans were Viking, and since they used the spelling Cecily, one can say Cecily is the Nordic variant.

Incidentally, the specific Nordic that my Embers are, is Norman.

TS4-x64-2021-01-15-23-36-35.jpg
    Cyne: Bryn got a boyfriend!
    Ceci: Neeb!
    Cyne: Yup. Also, Freya's friend is an alien.
    Ceci: NEEB!

(Yibs.)

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-02-01-40.jpg
    Kaylie is um. Also very gay... c:

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-13-01-29.jpg
    Cecily: So it feels like, everyone is leaving? Like all at once? Can't they wait like two days? Omg.

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-13-05-47.jpg
    Bryn: Yeah dad, everything's fine. No, no trouble as regent at all. It's not like anyone's set anything on fire or anything. ...what? No, I didn't mean it like that! No it isn't specific! AGH!

(Ezio *would* be that helicopter dad. And Drake in the background like "Ezio, my love, they can't ever learn to fly if you don't let them leave the nest...")

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-13-18-37.jpg
    We had one more family dinner together. It was very nice. At this point, I'd taken Akira and Lana's urns (and Mayor's) to the legacy cemetery (Tranquil Crescent), because Bryn's boyfriend moved in and spent an inordinate amount of time mourning people he'd never met. Some Sims are like that...

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-16-50-12.jpg
    Drake came by. He tells Ezio, "It's okay dear, they need to figure out their lives and stuff on their own," but inside he's also nervous as.

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-17-10-11.jpg
    Cecily and Avery seem to get along quite well, actually. And this was awfully close to get just to gossip... c:

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-18-15-05.jpg
    Ezio came over, and spent some time loving on Diaval. I was glad about that, he was still feeling abandoned. Unfortunately, no one can cook like Ezio can yet, so no one can make Diaval's usual fare, and he has to eat normal dry food. Boring.

Cecily wants to cook pet food though. Unfortunately, I can never get that whim to fulfil.

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-18-37-03.jpg
    This is Sprout, the companion to Sparky. Sprout is a gardening utili-bot. It's faster to just make a Sim do it. Sigh. Good try Sprout, good try. This was a death flower plant, though, so they're making a slight bit more money now.

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-20-19-00.jpg
    Cecily inherited the master (it is 6x6 instead of 5x5 like the other bedrooms and has the upgraded shower attached), of course, and redid it blue. She was fine here, not dazed or anything, but Diaval was up there to play with the dangle toy and I was like, hey Ceci, you're not doing anything anyway...

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-20-45-07.jpg
    Think of a wish!

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-20-46-56.jpg
    With the twins aged up into adults (and they earned all the character values traits), Bryn wasn't acting regent anymore and the legacy and estate officially passed to Cecily. Congratulations Cecily. I did not expect to like you as much as I do. >>

Cynemaer rolled Outgoing as his adult trait, and Cecily rolled Family-Oriented.

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-21-03-32.jpg
    Orlando decided to take Bryn out on a date to celebrate.

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-21-19-03.jpg
    I'd say things went... very well. They moved out the next day, to Senbamachi. Cynemaer also moved, he went to Forgotten Hollow, where the Vatore-Ember-Villareals live. He's always felt more like a vampire anyway, maybe he'll fit in with them better.

(No.)

Oh, by the way, Cynemaer remained a tantrum throwing brat to the very end. Sometime toward the end of his teen years, he tried to throw a tantrum over coming home with a tense mood swing. (I knew he wasn't my favourite.)

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-22-18-46.jpg
    Cecily trained her magic and managed to reach Neophyte. And then we bound Diaval as her familiar. Unfortunately, I've never had familiar binding on a cat or dog work when they're still Apprentice, it has to get to at least Neophyte. No idea.

TS4-x64-2021-01-16-22-38-33.jpg
    Anyway, Avery came over, and Cecily ran out there to go say hi in her PJs. As you do. And then asked Avery to just move in, and Avery said yes.

Avery ofc has vegetarian, genius, and loves outdoors, so she took over the garden. (Cecily is rather smitten with her.)

TS4-x64-2021-01-17-00-58-32.jpg
    Cecily still has some slight trouble keeping up with Diaval's attention demands, but it works out.

TS4-x64-2021-01-17-01-22-55.jpg
    She alternates between playing basketball, and playing on her guitar. Diaval loves instruments, he's a talkative cat, so she's always got accompaniment, even if it's a bit more feline than expected!

TS4-x64-2021-01-17-01-25-10.jpg
    Freya's definitely one of my favourite Sims, too. She's so fierce and self-sufficient. I barely notice she's there tbh, but she's always taking care of herself just fine. Bryn started to falter after Ezio left, but Freya held steady.

She got angry, and decided to blow off some steam at the punching bag. I could totally see her and Kaylie bossing all over the StrangerVille storyline. Sigh. Maybe someday. I have copies of everyone as I go, so if I want to play any given Sim born into the Eisenstern legacy at any point, I'll have them in my library.

TS4-x64-2021-01-17-18-44-55.jpg
    Cecily's never been real interested in magic, but now that the Eisenstern legacy is in her hands, it's best that she learns at least a thing or two. Ezio left behind a few tomes, as well, so she'll figure it out. Right?

Turns out, Avery's a spellcaster, too, and they can learn together.

Next
    Post edited by Keidra on
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Werll, today I beat the Strangerville quest for the first time. I've got to beat it three other times too, and they're all more than halfway through.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2021
    Ooh, so today I had my sim search for a suspect as part of her job so that she can get promoted. She actually attended college with the suspect but because of their friendship level, she wasn't able to give a citation to him or arrest him :(

Post edited by AninaBeana on
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Sofmc9 Your Shirley Mcclane sim is beautiful and so like the real image you used as a reference. I can never make real people well - you have skills :)
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    (p823) I laughed when Zephyr lost interest in Hanna and began to play games while she played the violin. Apologies, but I also laughed when I saw Dylan's first term grades. Because he wasn't even bothering to eat or sleep, I figured he'd have great grades. Oh well. Maybe an evil professor got him? How had he been spending his time? He improved a lot by the second term, though.
    Dylan does get this moodlet from the Angelic Toddler Trait despite being a young adult. I think there's something about toddlerhood that actually impacts the game later. I noticed more frequent angry moodlets from Jade after being driven to my wits end and the parents disciplining more firmly or strictly via yelling or expressing disappointment after multiple hug-it-outs.

One thing I noticed (and that might be a bug) is that sim parents remember their children's toddler traits, so even after they get their 3 adult traits, their parents still recognize that they were wild or angelic or whatever. I found that really cute and if you get top-notch toddler, it's seriously overpowered. But if not, if they had a happy toddlerhood, they still get the occasional happy moodlet and thought bubble because of it.
    When their semester ended, Dylan failed the course "Tracking Mammalian Change," and he had to stay on campus to make up the course. He had no idea how he failed, but it could have had something to do with his focus on fame, maybe.
    Oh no. Maybe DU is just being buggy for you. :(
    Asher reminds me of Kemps checking on the twins. He's almost as clingy as his brother. Although, he is the leader of the pod and responsible for the merfolk in the pod.
    Asher isn't the nicest sim, but he seems to be into autonomously helping his children and he's genuinely a competent teacher. He's supposed to be kind of bad/evil, but these days he's running for "Father of the Year."

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing Jade become a vampire. :) Jade and Juniper seem to be a handful though. I'm also happy that Zephyr had his first kiss.

@RedDestiny92 (p823) Your post makes me want to take my sims to Mt. Komorebi. I'm building a house for them there, but I've not really explored any of the festivals or used the hot pot yet. It looks fun, but it seems like the Festival of Youth is bugged. I keep hearing about children getting bad sentiments due to not getting blessed.

@BlueSeaWaves (p824) Sorry I got Sammy confused! I can't stand him, though. Too bad he broke up with Anna, but he wasn't good for her (IMO) so it's actually not bad at all. :naughty: Penelope grew up to be gorgeous. My heart still breaks for Arthur and I wonder how Archie will feel when he finds out.

@Becka28 (p824) I'm happy to read more about Quin and Rohan. I'm convinced the auto propose feature is broken in my game. I haven't had it happen since I started playing my legacy, but I hope it happens for you!
    The paparazzi are very annoying and persistent - plus I am rather concerned about just what part of his anatomy the camera is aiming at here!
    :D lmao! They need to back up. I haven't had a famous sim in a while and this makes me worry about my sim who is gaining fame.

@Daphene (p825) Family chess night is a good idea. It makes me want to host a chess tournament for my sims. Katrina's toddlers are so cute. Sweet couple as well. I'm happy Katrina's financial status seemingly improved too. I'd love to see their new house.

@mightysprite Love how the second floor of the house "with no criminal activity or suspicious features" has a science lab. :D

@sarabeth2984 (p825) Yay! I'm happy about Vivenne having Kevin and that she was able to power through that workday on set. :)
    I have pregnancy set to 14 days in my game. 
    That's quite long. What do you have the other stages set on?
    I’ve had the same problem with the Island Elementals, nothing my sim does can make them happy :(
    I've written the Island Elementals off as arrogant and out-of-touch. They only care about if my sims basically go to parties (the Sulani events).

Fier Legacy :)
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler

INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 16 (#17 is on the way!). The youngest five recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

Fier Legacy Introduction
    PAST POSTS
    1. Teenage Lifeguard (Delmarya)
    2. Living Her Best Life (Adelise)
    3. Night on the Town
    4. Day of Fier P1
    5. Day of Fier P2
    6. Happy Birthday P1 (Dawn)
    7. Happy Birthday P2 (Dawn)
    8. A First Kiss (Dawn)
    9. Conservationism and a Death Flower for Deli
    10. Vampire Population Control (Asher)
    11. Happy Birthday (Delmarya)
    12. Merry Winterfest
    13. Ambitious Dysis
    14. Gen 4 Enrolls in University
    15. Relaxation? Before University
    16. New Year's Eve
    17. Sulani Bonfire
    18. Midnight Encounter (Delmarya)
    19. Deli Strikes Out (Delmarya)
    20. One Americano and Two Slices of Bread (Delmarya)
    21. Lovestruck Procrastination Queen (Dysis)
    22. Balancing Love and Academics (Dysis)
    23. Saying Goodbye P1
    24. Saying Goodbye P2
    25. Forcing Fun at Foxbury (Dysis)
    26. First Impression = Great, Second Impression = Trash (Delmarya)
    27. Asher's Incompetence (Asher)
    28. A Productive Day
    29. A Day for Love P1 (Dysis)
    30. A Day for Love P2 (Delmarya)
    31. Asher's Advice and Planning a Date
    32. Only the Ice Cream Was Pure Perfection? (Delmarya)
    33. Debating Firsts (Darius)
    34. Limited Romance at the Romance Festival (Delmarya)
    35. Happy Lunar New Year P1 (Delmarya)
    36. Happy Lunar New Year P2 (Asher)
    37. Aster's Past (Delmarya)
    38. Reservations About Everything (Delmarya)
    39. Moving On (from Sulani to San Myshuno)
    40. First Days in San Myshuno
    41. The Spice Festival is too Hot
    42. New Life on the Way
    43. First Fourth Generation Fier Graduates
    44. Enjoying Change & Anticipating More
    45. Joie de Vivre (Delmarya)
    46. Things Are Still Great?

Dysis was feeling a bit down. On one hand, she was glad her father wanted to help with her university coursework. On the other, she wasn't glad because (as far as Dysis knew) he had never tried to help her sister, Deli, with her work. It was true that Deli was a perfectly competent perfectionist who had only seen one grade (A+) throughout her entire academic career, but Dysis still wished that her father had the same confidence in her that he seemed to have in Deli and the other vampires.
    a3FJYzL.jpg

But maybe she was reading way too much into nothing. Her father seemed to be in everyone's business these days and she couldn't say for sure whether he'd been in Deli's or not. And even if he hadn't been that didn't necessarily mean he thought less of Dysis. Not wanting to obsess over illogical things, Dysis meditated, worked through her troubling thoughts and felt better.
    J8BL97M.jpg
    NjsXd3j.jpg

She was exhausted the day of graduation. Her degree was something she'd worked hard for and she'd stayed up late the day before wrapping things up.
    pEEhmR1.jpg
    In three terms, while maintaining a social life, she managed to achieve
    CKTMvtY.jpg

An A- GPA. Not perfect, but still worth celebrating. And you know what they say? Ds get degrees! But Dysis did significantly better than a D average and also landed a job. She'd be starting at level 8 as a Hedge Fund Manager at a fancy firm. So she straightened up.
    5sy0yPM.jpg

After attending her graduation ceremony and getting her picture taken, she took a moment to celebrate outside with her classmates.
    5KYnfts.jpg

At home, her family threw a small, chill rooftop party to congratulate both Deli and Dysis on their graduations.

Deli prepared kava, while Dawn helped the DJ prep.
    UQU9Eis.jpg
    oQDPgGm.jpg

A handful of family and friends were invited: all of the girls' older siblings, Dawn and Dysis' boyfriends, Deli's crush Cabe because ..., Zachary and a few other family friends.

Deli sat down to talk with Cabe. She was still super into him, so she couldn't resist. Instead of thanking her for hosting a party or congratulating her on her graduation, when no one else was paying attention he told her that getting her university degree was a silly waste of time because she'd already had a job when she enrolled and it wasn't going to change. Besides, he learned more about marine biology from his job as a lifeguard than she did during the three terms of her degree.
    cwXOnyk.jpg

This was the moment when Deli finally realized that Cabe was vile (mean, actually) and not going to change, so she went inside. She didn't want to cause a scene. There were some other decidedly "un-nice" people around and there didn't need to be any confrontations.
    F9im8Lb.jpg

Inside, Deli found good, but slightly younger company. She ended up having a great conversation with her sister and Zachary.
    ZndFKdm.jpg

Meanwhile, Dysis and her boyfriend were also enjoying the evening with some public (but not too public thanks to a large hat brim) displays of affection.
    N2HCYGG.jpg

And the nursery was almost ready for baby #17. Adelise and Asher didn't expect to have any more vampires as they were rare and four had already been born, but just in case, they had a prenatal scan of the baby. The results were as expected, baby #17 would be human. Not even a millisecond was spent in disappointment.
    jvU001w.jpg

Also, Dysis' artbreeder/photoshop image because I never shared it before.
    voCtkqM.jpg
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    Aaw thank you @Becka28 !

@haneul Wow. Is there any other program similar to artbreeder that turns sims screenshots into realistic? You can upload only three pictures for free on artbreeder.

Sofmc9 wrote: »
    @haneul Wow. Is there any other program similar to artbreeder that turns sims screenshots into realistic? You can upload only three pictures for free on artbreeder.
    @Sofmc9 Thanks. <3 I think you can add more images to artbreeder if you delete the ones you've already uploaded (you should be able to find them in your profile and then click on the trash icon for each).

edited January 2021
    @haneul Your artbreeder shot of Dysis is beautiful. I love your nursery as well. I was worried my auto proposals on MCC weren't working until my yellow not so berry sim autonomously proposed to her brand new boyfriend whom she had only first kissed 10 minutes earlier.
    Bu24phQ.png
    It happened after all the romantic dates for Rohan & Quin - I think they just aren't interested in making things official as in their minds they have been official forever. Anyway I screamed NO NO NO at the game as I thought NSB yellow's man would reject her - but being an alien he had little regard for human etiquette and accepted. (I also screamed at the game why her and not my quin but it didn't answer).

@AninaBeana wow I didn't even know that could happen. I haven't played that career enough and never with a sim who has been to uni.

@Loanet congrats. I really enjoyed the pack - though my favourite parts are being infected and the fancy colander hats....
    znw7dTZ.png

@Keidra I love how Ezio looks at Drake (its why I am enjoying Quin and Roh as they do similar looks at each other). And yes, my cats are sick much more often than my sim's dogs (although I have had less dogs). The nifty knitting yarn balls and cats playing animation was a lovely surprise with the pack. I know when they had the thread asking us what sort of things we expected cats playing with yarn balls was highly requested but somehow I never expected it to actually happen. (let alone the heavy metal knitting thing people talked about LOL). I really love the shot of Cecily practicing magic (and I am always surprised when I play generationally how much I love the new gen - although I am doing Not so Berry and I am on the plum generation and I think the Plum sim is a giant PLUM! - at least her child is looking promising).

NOT a Quin & Rohan or a Not so Berry Update

A short Bjorn story
    A lot of you know I am fascinated by Bjorn. Several of my sims have married him and many, many more have experienced some form of harrassment or been hit upon by him (he loves young adult female sims and is incredibly flirty for what his character is supposed to be). Also if you play with Bjorn he leaves for work and comes home every day in his black spy suit but in the world is always hanging out in parks in his mucky old cardigan. You never see him working (unlike Geoffrey who often seems to wear his spy clothes out in public).

So I nearly dropped dead when in one of my build saves, he walked past and seemed to be actually working........
    gGsYABr.png

Then I saw he was following Clara (his wife) who was busy texting someone intently...
    a87VyPAl.png

She was deeply involved in her text conversation.
    Q483rhHl.png

I thought he was going to talk to her
    3Nbppc8l.png

But he walked past her (she didn't even look up from her phone and never knew he was there...
    7MVi0sPl.png

He looked so sad..
    7Z59Hgrl.png

Clara started to walk off and I thought well I won't know what that was all about
    b4p6C97l.png

when she caught up with the young lady who had walked past them both
    jzlPv6al.png

and had a good ole flirt with her (I assume she was the other person on the text conversation).
    TVJQxmUl.png

MCC is always making these two divorce and I don't blame it as neither of them ever appears very happy in the marriage most saves. And it appears Bjorn was tracking Clara during work hours so I still haven't seen him officially working LOL.

Preview of a mod I used... Nando's Romance in Paris mod

jLiDVID.png
    dVofb2rl.png
    This is Leaf Walkingfern (he is a Maxis sim from the Romantics household - I love Leaf and he is always a great friend to my sims. He and his husband helped me to test a mod I want to use with Quin and Rohan. His husband is a furry but they are so deeply in love that I don't judge.
    XmCiFgH.png?1

It turns Magnolia Crescent into Paris (squeee) - and results in some great screenshots
    ZGnPh4Cl.png
    PrOEPryl.png
    Yg13LOM.png

It wasn't the easiest to install but it looks incredible (you still need to build Parisian style buildings on the lots but the "background buildings are all different and French).
    og9TyHdl.png
    XfNkVSIl.png
    gZyTbwYl.png
    Romantic holiday for Quin and Rohan coming soon LOL

I also have another surprise for Quin and Rohan but it took me much longer than I wanted to, to build it (and although I loved James Turner's uni house, I really wanted to use one of my own builds again; so it meant they stayed in Britechester longer than I thought they would....
    sneak preview No. 2
    9hCUiAD.png

haneul wrote: »
    @Sofmc9 Thanks. <3 I think you can add more images to artbreeder if you delete the ones you've already uploaded (you should be able to find them in your profile and then click on the trash icon for each).

Thank you, but it's not possible :/ I deleted the images from my profile and will not let me upload others.

Thank you, but it's not possible :/ I deleted the images from my profile and will not let me upload others.

@Sofmc9 Oh no. :( It's still letting me upload. I just removed one and uploaded another.
    After being logged in and removing them, you can't upload from here? https://www.artbreeder.com/uploads/portraits
    @haneul and @Sofmc9 I went in to test. I deleted my old uploads (from November) and it let me upload 3 more. However, when I deleted the new ones it says I have no more uploads. Maybe it needs time to reset??

@Sofmc9 Oh no. :( It's still letting me upload. I just removed one and uploaded another.
    After being logged in and removing them, you can't upload from here? https://www.artbreeder.com/uploads/portraits

Really :o
    No, I can't upload after it reaches the limit of 3 pictures uploads.
  • AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    @Becka28 this was actually my first time playing as a detective! I've heard many people had the same issues with their sims being friends with the suspect, and I was hoping it wouldn't affect anything until I remembered that they were roommates :o. She ended up not finding the suspect, but she did, however, get a new case and was finally able to catch the culprit!!!
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

@sarabeth2984 - Thanks! Having to go back to TS3 just to see what traits they have was quite different. I've been playing it for awhile, and man do I miss it. Especially the endless creativity with the color wheel for outfits and the house.
    I was going to add their kids, but they have seven, so maybe later. You can tell I play a big family in the sims.

@Becka28 - If I wanted to play around with werewolves and ghost busting, I go for them. I hardly ever have all human family when both the Supernatural and Late Night packs came out.
    Yeah, although it looks really cool and somewhat realistic, but some of the facial expressions the sims make are downright creepy. Guess I'm used to the cartoony style.

Update: Chapter Eight: Full House
    knNYCkU.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Currently doing an Origin repair of my game. Oh man it’s taking FOREVER. I swear it’s been going on for over two hours. I was having issues with the game not starting, which is why I decided to take a break and play Sims 2/3 for a bit.

I might play with the Harper-Jones save first, because I haven’t played them in a while, and I’d like to get properly started with Joanna’s degree. I don’t think she’s actually started her first term yet, as in she hasn’t gone to any classes. It’s been that long since I played them!
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    I have less than no patience for certain toddler antics, so idk how you do it but tbf about it I'm autistic as heck and have PTSD-like reactions to screaming. Tots live in a strict dictatorship in my game, they wake up, they eat and potty and whatever else, and then they sit their butts down on the floor with a tablet and be quiet for the rest of the day. They won't stop playing tablet until directed to, though they will go talk to other Sims. This is probably just compounded by the sad reality that you cannot reason with a Sim toddler. Even if they speak Simlish, there is no "When you're tired, go to bed," interaction. You can discipline for throwing a tantrum, or hitting someone, but they either go to bed or they misbehave instead, there is no in-between, you can't discipline them until they've already done it, and you just have to deal with that.

I did let Bryn wander around freely after she was done capping her skills, but she was also a little angel. Here's a fun story, both Bryn and Cynemaer were inquisitive, Bryn was a little darling, and Cynemaer was in toddler jail after his temper tantrum. c: The specifics of how the toddler traits work and how they affect the Sim later are fascinating because they seem to have different effects on different Sims. Odd. I guess I'll see a wide range of what toddler traits can do along the course of the Eisenstern legacy. It's officially the furthest I've gotten on a legacy in TS4 now. (My mermaid legacy and Goth legacy both corrupted, the former when gen 2 turned teen, and the latter when gen 1 got married. I'll be real, I'm taking backups of this one every day. >>)

@Becka28
    Yeah, me too. He has a similar look for Cassandra, and a similar one for Caleb, but they are a bit different. Idk if it's just me seeing differences that aren't there, or if they are actually different, but they sure look that way. What I'm really interested in knowing is how the heck Ezio can be so flexible with love but Morgyn be so one-track minded. Ezio will fall for at least three different Sims easily enough, but Morgyn specifically wants Caleb unless I hand him Liberty. Goodness. They really aren't the same, but maybe never really were.

I'm just wondering how Diaval got the yarn ball off the shelf! It was up on a shelf like halfway up the wall and then suddenly the cat had it and I was like what? xD But yeah, it is nice the cats can play with the yarn balls. c: Though my kitties always liked milk bottle tamper rings better. xD I remember spending a bunch of money on a cat toy, and they batted it for like 2 minutes and never touched it again, but then I randomly threw a tamper ring at one, and he was playing with it off and on all day. Sigh. xD

I was expecting Cecily to drive me up a wall. Her charmer trait as a tod is still very obvious in her autonomy, she's still constantly running her mouth, but idk the more I watched her the more interesting she got. I was totally going to go with Bryn as heir, but I kept gravitating back to Cecily every time I tried to focus on Bryn and spousal bean was like "I think you like Cecily better." And I was like, shoot. Dang it. You're right. I'll probably always wonder how things would've turned out if I'd gone with Bryn, but tbh I didn't want to carry on Sergio's line anyway, and Cecily was the only one born a spellcaster, so technically, the legacy was rightfully hers.

And that's good! Hopefully the kiddo turns out better for you!

Anyway my bad I talk too much orz
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    Today I built a garage bedroom. So there's two fairly casual single bedrooms that I'm working on, a Master Bedroom which will be poshed up, and the beat up garage bedroom with a Murphy Bed.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Currently doing an Origin repair of my game. Oh man it’s taking FOREVER. I swear it’s been going on for over two hours. I was having issues with the game not starting, which is why I decided to take a break and play Sims 2/3 for a bit.

I might play with the Harper-Jones save first, because I haven’t played them in a while, and I’d like to get properly started with Joanna’s degree. I don’t think she’s actually started her first term yet, as in she hasn’t gone to any classes. It’s been that long since I played them!

Quoting myself but... Joanna had started her first term. Dear me, my memory... Ah well. It’s been three months...
    It’s always such a pain in the butt when your Sim is on a date and other people keep joining in the conversation... GO AWAY! Joanna and Martin are trying to have a romantic date here! *eyeroll*
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member

x5S1ejD.jpg

After twice marrying elderly men who passed away of natural causes within a year or two of the ceremony, Liberty Nishidake acquired a reputation as a Black Widow in Willow Creek. She hoped to leave it by setting up shop in San Myshuno, where there are no shortage of older men with fat wallets and short prospects. Unable to decide who to reel in first, Liberty invited them all to San Myshuno to a competition: whoever could withstand the cold the longest would win her hand in marriage.

1AUwaXe.jpg

Pierce Delgato became the winner by default when the other two gentlemen froze to death, the Reaper claiming them before they could make it back inside and forfeit their stake in the contest. He and Liberty were quickly married, and the timing could not be better: following a rousing romp in the hot springs, Pierce died of old age himself.

cF29SUR.jpg
    Fortunately for Liberty, no one knew about the competition or the marriage, and so the three deaths are regarded as a tragic mountain accident. Liberty will gauge the lay of the land before starting her fishing-for-men routine again. So far she's up to $400,000 in her widow's wages.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited January 2021
    It’s always such a pain in the butt when your Sim is on a date and other people keep joining in the conversation... GO AWAY! Joanna and Martin are trying to have a romantic date here! *eyeroll*

@Lucy_Henley This happens way too often.

@Keidra there was one instance where I called a monsoon and locked the toddler outside in the thunderstorm because he drove me insane...

It doesn't happen often, but toddlers still stress me out from time to time. Calum's talent with toddlers is pretty much my saving grace. It's a little late to be learning, but Arihi has gotten better at raising the toddlers.

I know the screenshots are out there, but Dylan didn't give his parents as many problems as Zeph, and Zeph wasn't bad either. Dylan made more messes, and Zeph had more tantrums. Although, Zeph's tantrums were fairly justified given the situations. Zeph was smart as a Toddler, and he didn't through tantrums nearly as randomly as Jade. He actually had a reason because of something that happened.

Jade has been difficult in general, and it's like trying to take care of a rock. She's stubborn, inflexible, and curbing her attitude has required extra parenting. Out of all the Toddlers I've had, she's the only one that maxed out a character value and has so many character values so far developed so early. I've had the most success parenting outside, but so many lots are not toddler friendly and one of the Mua Pel'am lots surrounded by water has a bug when leaving the lot with toddlers.

Juniors has been an angel with his only flaw being his frequent crying. He doesn't ever throw a tantrum, and he's only ever gotten angry when he needs to use the potty.

@haneul the parents can always surprise you.

Jade becoming a vampire will be super interesting, especially since I have more planned for her than that.

I want to age up Ember so I can start her spellcasting and other more interesting stuff, but I'm trying to be good and wait for the rotation when she's aged up. It will have to be after Jade has aged up for an aspiration milestone.

I think the failed class was because of a bug. He really did finish everything in record time with outstanding quality.

I'll have more story responses and an update soon.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2021
    Not much, the only thing that I did in the game today was create a new female sim named Keici O'Fallon and a pet German Shepard named Dogmeat. To pronounce her name in case you are wondering, it's Kay+ C. And the dog, I named Dogmeat to pay tribute to that lovable German Shepard companion from Fallout 4.
    Post edited by sunman502 on
    WOOOO! A perfect start to her degree!!

7NytF7t.jpg
    Proper update later, but for now...

Joanna can apparently walk through walls. #classicglitch

THh6B3H.jpg

Martin and Joanna moved in together!!

0ZuTbQ4.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list