Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to host a book club

Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
my sim is into film and literature and got the want to participate in a book club. This is the first time I've come across this before and I'm unsure how to go about it. I know when clicking on the bookcase you get a new discuss Icon but how would I go about making an official booklet type of scenario?
"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi :)
    I've never seen that want. :(
    Do you have a picture or what does it say when you click on the want?

** I found out it's a Hobby interaction
    Hobby specific interactions:

Film and Literature: Participate in Book Club (unlocked at level 3)
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Film_and_Literature
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited January 2021
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    I've never seen that want. :(
    Do you have a picture or what does it say when you click on the want?

** I found out it's a Hobby interaction
    Hobby specific interactions:

Film and Literature: Participate in Book Club (unlocked at level 3)
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Film_and_Literature

That's it. Participate in a book club, but I'm not sure how.

*** Looks like I can only discuss it with someone. I wish there was a way to use this option like an actual book club

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    You could have a Group made for outings - a phone option - and then invite them over or out. That could be their Book Club.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I've never seen that want, either. Even if I have only bookcases on a lot and nothing else my Sims would just start playing kicky bag. All of them do that where ever they go for some odd reason. Instead of playing catch or other interactive games like water balloon, if I didn't have any other entertainment on a lot they stand around and play kicky bag.

As a matter of fact what is the secret hobby lot for a Sim who loves film and literature? I don't think I've ever had one go to a hobby lot about that, either. I must be building all the same type of Sims in my game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Me neither.

That's one of the amazing things about this game. You can play for years and still not have discovered everything.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I figured it out in the end. If you click on the bookcase you can discuss a book with someone and once you've done that you can invite other sims around to discuss the book thus forming some sort of a book club lol. I haven't perfected it yet, but hopefully, I can soon.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I figured it out in the end. If you click on the bookcase you can discuss a book with someone and once you've done that you can invite other sims around to discuss the book thus forming some sort of a book club lol. I haven't perfected it yet, but hopefully, I can soon.

That's pretty cool. I didn't know we could invite others to join into the discussion. I think I only discussed books a few times with particular Sim. I will have to try this. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I didn’t know this. Wow.

—T
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Is this on The Sims 2 console, my wife sim would be absolutely down with this.