Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Werewolves Pack Idea

playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Sims 4: Werewolves - Transform your Sims into powerful werewolves and live in an eerie new destination with The Sims™ 4 Werewolves. Create a variety of werewolves and unlock unique Powers that give your Sims supernatural abilities.

KEY FEATURES

Create Werewolves - With all-new Create A Sim options, create werewolves.

Unleash Supernatural Powers – Earn and wield dozens of unique Powers.

Escape to an eerie new destination. (New Neighborhood)

Lunar Cycle - Werewolves react to the lunar cycle, a feature implemented in the same pack. During a full moon, Sims who possess werewolf powers will transform into werewolves, which can frighten nearby Sims.

Interactions - Werewolves can frighten Sims or build negative relationships with them by sniffing them inappropriately (can also be done on pets if Cats & Dogs installed), growling at them, or complaining about their shedding. Sometimes, a Sim may whack the werewolf's nose. Unlocking the Lycanthropy skill, werewolves can bite other Sims with a cursed bite, beginning a transformation process after which the Sim will become a werewolf.

-Howl at the moon
-Sniff Inappropriately
-Play fetch
-Rub belly
-Nuzzle
-Practice fighting
-Imply mother was a poodle
-Joke about shedding
-Show off teeth

The return of body hair feature.

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Sounds like the werewolves in TS3, they are adorable; especially the 'sniff inappropriately', then getting smacked by a newspaper.

I think a lunar cycle should come with menstruation - bloody sheets, clothes and teeth. What a great pack it would be! Sorry for the pun.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    It should work just like Vampires I liked that system.
    Moon Phases should definitely be a thing, I'm definitely Tired of looking at the same Full moon every night!
    + Lunar Eclipses & Blood Moons... Maybe even Solar Eclipses!

I think Werewolves should Gain Lycan Points (LP) to purchase New Abilities and Powers.
    I don't believe All werewolves should behave like Dogs, Meaning I don't think All Werewolves should:

-Howl at the moon
    -Sniff Inappropriately
    -Play fetch
    -Rub belly
    -Nuzzle
    -Imply mother was a poodle
    -Joke about shedding

Rather It should be More of... Well, To me all that is more of an intimate relationship perk my werewolf Should have with their Best & Loyal friends, Family, their pack mates. Otherwise it should be a weakness where the werewolf has no control of how they act, they love Receiving belly rubs & Pets from complete strangers.

If It's my werewolf in particular for example, Tyrion, He's not just going to let anyone Rub his belly, or Play fetch with just anyone, or invade a total Stranger's Personal space. He only does that With His Best & loyal friend and Brothers. and only they can exploit his weaknesses like that. And if a Stranger, or someone he wasn't particularly close with, tried to pet him, rub him behind the ears, or rub his belly or treat him like a dog, he would growl aggressively, even towards a child/toddler... he won't attack at first, but a fair warning that he's uncomfortable and wants you to back away before he does attack. Something happened when he was 13, (First experiencing his powers) where his ex best friend betrayed his trust. He and his friends manipulated & abused Tyrion and the Wolf inside him They wanted to turn him into a Beast, and Since then he only ever allowed one other person outside his family to get close to him after that.

Default Powers:
    Heightened Senses - Sims
    Accelerated Healing. Immunity to All Human Illnesses, Once Werewolves Reach their Prime. They will stop aging, Accelerated Healing Will stop their body from aging, or at least slow it down enough, to keep them youthful and healthy.

Strengths: I really want to be able to Break it down Based on my Werewolves Talents I have Seven Werewolves, a Father and His Six Sons.

Agility - Combined with their Heightened senses, this gives werewolves the Ability to react, before chaos unfolds. (Werewolves can sense when a Fire is about to Start, or when an Electrical Object is about to break, Evading Electrocutions Fires, Most Disasters, Also Allows Werewolf to To change Direction at when moving Fast, and Better at sports.

Control I, II, III
    I - Sim Has 1/2 Control over their Shift durning the full moon
    II - Sim has Full control of their Shift during the full moon
    III- Sim has Mastered the Control of their Shifting at all times and do not require the full moon to turn. They can now access their Other powers while in human form.

Endurance I & II
    I - The Ability to withstand Intense/Extreme situations, Werewolves Have a higher chance Surviving Fires, Drowning, Electrocutions, Extreme Heat & Cold, Also Extreme Emotions.
    II - The Upgrade to this power is Pain Absorption. When Other sims are experiencing Physical Pain, or Emotional however Negative or Extreme, Werewolves have the power to unburden another sim, by making physical contact with the Sim ex: Holding Hands, Hugs, simply putting their hand on their shoulder, but it's an interaction called 'Take Pain Away.' and absorbing their pain and making it their own. ( this is something I want, Because my Werewolf and Spellcaster are best friends, They are teenagers and my Spell caster deals with some dark stuff, and it's always my werewolf that uses this power to help pull him out of his cloud of darkness. The only thing is if a Sim is dying, and a werewolf tries to take Pain away, the werewolf cannot, or the Sim will say "There is no pain."

Howl I & II - Howl to the moon to summon your pack (Friends/Family, Wolves or others) will come to your side. The Upgrade to this power is too Howl to the Moon and be granted Lunacy. Lunacy, Heightens all of Your Werewolves Chosen powers, Earning them Double Lycan Experience Points... and a faster skill gain, It's Insane really.

Bonus Perk: Howl II + Control III Werewolf is capable of Forcing weaker werewolves into turning at their Command!

Hunting I - Is it bad that I want animal head mounds, how is it that we can have fish mounts on our walls but not, Bears, Wolves, Moose, Deer, Owls. Oh and and Pelts, rugs. It would be cool if Wereolves that Die instead of leaving a Urn/Tombstone, Leave a a Wolf Head Mount/Pelt/rug. it could be like a Hunters trophy, decorate your mantle with them.

Speed I, II, III - Enhance your werewolves jogging/running/swimming experience in the Misty Twilight Woods.

Strength I, II, III - Enhance Fighting Strength & evolve your Claws & Teeth.

The Bite - the Power to Gift/Curse Others with Werwolf Powers! (Must be done under a full moon other wise the bite won't turn the victim)

Wolf Form - The Power to turn into an actual Wolf. I really want controllable wolves, and I really want to see my werewolf transform into a full wolf.

Weaknesses: (Same way Vampire perks Go for every 3 Strengths you take you must take a weakness)
    Impulsive Canine Disorder (ICD) -No matter how hard the Werwolf tried they can't help But behave more like a Puppy. "Sniffing people inappropriately," "Playing fetch and joining in and Intercepting the ball, from the actual dog in the park." and "Dig Randomly."

Beast Form - Humanity is a long Forgotten memory for your werewolf at this point, your werewolf will be locked between this form and their default Lycan Form. Sim will transform into a Large Monstrous Wolf Beast. Humanity can be restored. Perhaps with a Cure, Therapy, or rehabilitation overtime? I was thinking magic but Realm of Magic, maybe if you have the pack, and other packs can add other ways.

Obscured Senses - This weakness Conflicts with Agility and Endurance.

Weakened Immunity - Werewolf is once more susceptible to all Human Illnesses, and resume aging.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yes, there should be blood moons..

I will have my wicca out on a search for those hounds!
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited January 2021
    Everyone has their own versions on what werewolves should look like, I'm not a huge fan of the sims 3 version or the whole turning into a literal wolf like the twilight movies, when I think of werewolves I think of something more along the likes of the elder scrolls versions, specifically the Crinos version from Werewolf: The Apocalypse ttrpg .https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Garou
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so want in Sims 4:
    Body Hair
    Claws
    Canine Teeth
    Canine Nose
    Lycans
    Moon Settings
    Hunting for meat
    Moonlight Falls world

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'd absolutely love a werewolf pack and the addition of moon phases is a great idea too. Maybe it could be implemented much like the seasons cycle? (with the option to have a full moon every 7 days, every 14 days or every 28 days depending on player preference?

And I agree that there should defintely be a blood moon and power system similar to that of vampires. (where you have to take both weaknesses and strengths.) But the forced turning during the full moon should still be a thing. Unless being able to control their transformation is maybe be a "top tier" power that your sim could take after they reach the highest level?

Regardless, I think Werewolves should defintely get a tense moodlet the night of the full moon that lasts the whole 24 hours with something some mention of being worried about hurting someone? (except if the sim has the evil or mean trait maybe? Since they wouldn't care as much about hurting people.)

I'd personally prefer having an actual wolf as the Beast form. But since others aren't as into that, maybe the Beast form could be optional (like a vampire's dark form is not required) or you can choose between two possible options? (one being a wolf, and the other more humanoid looking ?)

But yes. This would be the perfect pack to introduce body hair in.
    Everyone has their own versions on what werewolves should look like, I'm not a huge fan of the sims 3 version or the whole turning into a literal wolf like the twilight movies, when I think of werewolves I think of something more along the likes of the elder scrolls versions, specifically the Crinos version from Werewolf: The Apocalypse ttrpg .https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Garou

I like both versions, I have Two stories that Call for both Forms so I support both a Beast Form and Wolf form.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

edited January 2021
    I'd absolutely love a werewolf pack and the addition of moon phases is a great idea too. Maybe it could be implemented much like the seasons cycle? (with the option to have a full moon every 7 days, every 14 days or every 28 days depending on player preference?

And I agree that there should defintely be a blood moon and power system similar to that of vampires. (where you have to take both weaknesses and strengths.) But the forced turning during the full moon should still be a thing. Unless being able to control their transformation is maybe be a "top tier" power that your sim could take after they reach the highest level?

Regardless, I think Werewolves should defintely get a tense moodlet the night of the full moon that lasts the whole 24 hours with something some mention of being worried about hurting someone? (except if the sim has the evil or mean trait maybe? Since they wouldn't care as much about hurting people.)

I'd personally prefer having an actual wolf as the Beast form. But since others aren't as into that, maybe the Beast form could be optional (like a vampire's dark form is not required) or you can choose between two possible options? (one being a wolf, and the other more humanoid looking ?)

Oh yeah I forgot Shifting On command should definitely be a Mid-Top Tier ability, Maybe even Being so powerful as to using your Wolf Roar/Howl To force/influence a "lesser/weaker" werewolf to shift into their human & werewolf Form.

So I think there should be 4 forms in total

Basic Default, Standard Forms:
    Human Form: your average Sim

Lycan/Werewolf Form: The form Sims are indeed forced into as the full moon rises.
    Claws
    Fangs
    Hair pieces/Body Hair Pieces
    Pointy ears
    Variety of Facial Features: Noses, Mouths, Brows, Glowing eyes etc
    All of the works.

Combined the Forms? Werewolf Sim All the time? Sure!

Optional Perk Forms:
    Wolf Form (Strength Perk) - Sim will turn into a (Dire) Wild Wolf.
    Sim now have three forms to change into: Human, Werewolf, and Wolf
    While in wolf Form Sim can Still Communicate/Interact with Humans, and do all things Dogs can do from Cat's and Dogs.
    (I also think Werewolves should be allowed to be a Spellcaster's Familiar)
    Wolf form Heightens all active perks, Sim Has full access to their powers while in wolf form.

Beast Form (Weakness Perk) - Sim will turn into a Large (6-7+ foot Tall) Hairy Wolf Monster.
    Sim now only has two forms to change into: Werewolf and Beast
    While in Beast Form:
    -Werewolves cannot Communicate/be social effectively With Humans. they can interact by growling at Sims, attacking, stalking, say Bite, Claw at, Abduct (Merely picking up a sim and putting them over their shoulder (New "Go Here Together" option?) They Behave beastly towards other sims and effect their "personality" in different ways to say the least.
    "Eating messily", "No opposable thumbs, they tend to break things, and were ware things out faster" not in a clumsy manner. more of an aggressive, brutish manner. (I'm just thinking of Prince Adam/The Beast in "Beauty and the Beast")
    -and of course All powers I think are amplified in Beast form.
    - The Caveat: the Werewolf Sim will never be able to Turn back into their Human form, They may only shift as far as their Werewolf form, but never fully human. The only way to turn human again is follow the path of Regain their Humanity.
    Regaining Humanity should be take as long as they player wants. It could take Hours, Days, or Weeks, Months or even years of rehabilitation for a werewolf to Regain their full humanity.
    Perk: Once Humanity is regained the werewolf May "Turn Beast" at will.
    Beast Form Is under weakness, but It can be a strength you just have to play at it, to make it a strength, I simply wanted a challenge. play and tell a story.
    It should consist of a Cure: finding ingredients to unlock their human form again.

Perhaps if you have "The Bite" Perk where you can Bite sims and turn them into Werewolves.
    The Bite, Being a werewolf, Can be a Gift & a Curse.

Perhaps the Bite can be the Cure turn the beast back into a human and revoke the Werewolf Trait... of course the Werewolf that Bites the Beast has to be Equally or More powerful than the beast you want to cure. Or Perhaps It Could take another Werewolf Whom has regained their Humanity, and can Bite The Beast and turn them back Human and remove their Werewolf Trait all together.

If You have realm of Magic, Please! I need there to be a Tome of Beasts: A book that can teach spell casters a spell that can turn a Human into a werewolf, and Back. If not fine I'm sure someone will mod it in.

But the big thing I really want is if you cast Minionize and Dileriate on a Werewolf you can essentially have a Werewolf blissfully under your thrall during the full moon... or You and your new wolf minion pet can go out and go on a nice rampage... I mean a nice walk together. I need this. and again this is based off my Werewolf and Spellcaster Best Friends.
    The werewolf Absorbs the Spellcaster's Pain, and the Spellcaster keeps his Werewolf on a magical Leash to keep him from escaping until he can control himself. And the Jordans are usually good, Werewolves experience their first shift at age 13, by age 16-18 they've got it under control... So maybe Like Spellcasters they could have like a "Ancient/Strong/Weak" Bloodline that could help them rank up faster.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    again with werewolves? i will repeat again what will you do if they never bring werewolves? to the sims4 the only way i would not mind those things is if they includes toggles to turn them off in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Oh yeah I forgot Shifting On command should definitely be a Mid-Top Tier ability, Maybe even Being so powerful as to using your Wolf Roar/Howl To force/influence a "lesser/weaker" werewolf to shift into their human & werewolf Form.

Ooh. I like the sounds of "forcing" a weaker werewolf into shifting into one of their other forms.

I know you mentioned howling at the moon shouldn't be an interaction/whim. But maybe it could be one of the optional weaknesses that players could choose to take? That way if someone doesn't want their werewolf to behave completely like a dog, they don't have to and could take another weakness in place of it? And those who do want their werewolf to howl at the moon, could do so.

Plus, I'd imagine some Sims would be really annoyed listening to them all night. Lol.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    again with werewolves? i will repeat again what will you do if they never bring werewolves? to the sims4 the only way i would not mind those things is if they includes toggles to turn them off in game

Or you could just not buy the pack. It's okay to not get every pack.
    On topic, I'm trying to not get myself too wrapped up in any particular version of Werewolves, because 1) I have some non-mainstream lore ideas about what pack life should be (which I've said elsewhere, but in summary is more "your rowdy cousins who fight with each other until someone threatens them then they turn on the intruder, Grandma who can whip them all into line with just a word, and weird Uncle Ed" than "Alpha bosses everyone around and rules with an iron fist because the pack only respects strength of arm") and 2) I don't want to get to close to anything in particular and then feel let down if the pack doesn't have it.

That said, I definitely want Monsterous/Crinos form Werewolves. Heck, I wouldn't mind a full spread like in Werewolf (beast-man, Monster, Dire wolf, normal wolf) but I'm not expecting it. At best we'll get two - either Beast man and Monster or Monster and Wolf. More likely just either Beast Man or Monster. That the statuary in Vampires is closer to Monster gives me hope.

Moon phases would be awesome. As someone who puts up with menstruation IRL though... no thanks. I pull that out of every mod I get that has it. One aspect of Reality I don't want to deal with in the Sims. I mean, if they add it, they add it and I'll deal, but I don't think they'll add it anyway.

And yes, like Vampires, werewolves should have powers and weaknesses. The only place I find this idea to run into any sort of stumbling block is that in my knowledge, and I'm not claiming to know all by any means, there isn't as much variation on abilities for werewolves in folklore as there is for Vampires (or spellcasters or Faerie, for that matter) There's some, to be sure, so there should be a perks table, but I don't know that it would be as robust as Vampires. Maybe as robust as spellcasters.
    edited January 2021

Ooh. I like the sounds of "forcing" a weaker werewolf into shifting into one of their other forms.

I know you mentioned howling at the moon shouldn't be an interaction/whim. But maybe it could be one of the optional weaknesses that players could choose to take? That way if someone doesn't want their werewolf to behave completely like a dog, they don't have to and could take another weakness in place of it? And those who do want their werewolf to howl at the moon, could do so.

Plus, I'd imagine some Sims would be really annoyed listening to them all night. Lol.

Yeah And I think it could have Positive/Negative impacts on relationships. when Your werewolf "Influences/Forces" other werewolves to shift. But then there's context which doesn't really exist in the sims.

Perhaps you're that villainous werewolf preying on weaker werewolves to fight for your cause. so that's why you force sims to change.

Or maybe you're that heroic werewolf that wants peace/order, and just trying to stop an "Abused as a Child" revenge driven werewolf from mauling poor skinny defenseless Stiles cowering in the corner of the police station. *Teen Wolf Reference*

Although you could be the hero trying to strengthen your werewolf friends, and as the strongest, you let out a Howl to raise and influence their spirits.

But you could be the villain on the opposite side doing the same for your friends/followers.

That would open the door to more customization and weaknesses... I see the benefit in that.

So each interaction under ICD, would be a weakness.

Cause my approach was, Werewolves do have all those interactions where they can sniff Their Best friends/Lovers inappropriately, they can play fetch and have their belly rubbed only by best friends and Lovers. Those interactions are unlocked by building Friendship, and Trust. Essentially they can act "dog like" with their best friends. but not with total strangers. Cause my Spellcaster and werewolf could just be chilling on the couch together, playing video games, eating breakfast, or when they Greet each other with a bro hug, Tyrion could catch a whiff or a scent off of Mason, and will literally start investigating, and interrogating Mason.

Tyrion: "You woohoo'd with her last night didn't you?!"
    Mason: "What now?" 😳

But by choosing the Impulsive Canine Disorder Weakness, you've condemned your werewolf to Act Dog Like with total strangers. If your werewolf sees another Dog with their owner in the park, the werewolf may/will go up and jump in and play.

But I see what you're saying, I would just like it to be an intimate thing tho, give it some middle ground too.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

DaWaterRat wrote: »
    On topic, I'm trying to not get myself too wrapped up in any particular version of Werewolves, because 1) I have some non-mainstream lore ideas about what pack life should be (which I've said elsewhere, but in summary is more "your rowdy cousins who fight with each other until someone threatens them then they turn on the intruder, Grandma who can whip them all into line with just a word, and weird Uncle Ed" than "Alpha bosses everyone around and rules with an iron fist because the pack only respects strength of arm") and 2) I don't want to get to close to anything in particular and then feel let down if the pack doesn't have it.

That said, I definitely want Monsterous/Crinos form Werewolves. Heck, I wouldn't mind a full spread like in Werewolf (beast-man, Monster, Dire wolf, normal wolf) but I'm not expecting it. At best we'll get two - either Beast man and Monster or Monster and Wolf. More likely just either Beast Man or Monster. That the statuary in Vampires is closer to Monster gives me hope.

Moon phases would be awesome. As someone who puts up with menstruation IRL though... no thanks. I pull that out of every mod I get that has it. One aspect of Reality I don't want to deal with in the Sims. I mean, if they add it, they add it and I'll deal, but I don't think they'll add it anyway.

And yes, like Vampires, werewolves should have powers and weaknesses. The only place I find this idea to run into any sort of stumbling block is that in my knowledge, and I'm not claiming to know all by any means, there isn't as much variation on abilities for werewolves in folklore as there is for Vampires (or spellcasters or Faerie, for that matter) There's some, to be sure, so there should be a perks table, but I don't know that it would be as robust as Vampires. Maybe as robust as spellcasters.

Oh yeah, in truth I don't Think Wolf form will happen. I hope it does it'll be cool, but even I don't see any real perks, except you can be aa controllable dog, rather a human in the form of a dog, but I'll be okay if it's Just Werewolf form and Beast form at the very least.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

So I think there should be 4 forms in total

Basic Default, Standard Forms:
    Human Form: your average Sim

Lycan/Werewolf Form: The form Sims are indeed forced into as the full moon rises.
    Claws
    Fangs
    Hair pieces/Body Hair Pieces
    Pointy ears
    Variety of Facial Features: Noses, Mouths, Brows, Glowing eyes etc
    All of the works.

Combined the Forms? Werewolf Sim All the time? Sure!

Optional Perk Forms:
    Wolf Form (Strength Perk) - Sim will turn into a (Dire) Wild Wolf.
    Sim now have three forms to change into: Human, Werewolf, and Wolf
    While in wolf Form Sim can Still Communicate/Interact with Humans, and do all things Dogs can do from Cat's and Dogs.
    (I also think Werewolves should be allowed to be a Spellcaster's Familiar)
    Wolf form Heightens all active perks, Sim Has full access to their powers while in wolf form.

Beast Form (Weakness Perk) - Sim will turn into a Large (6-7+ foot Tall) Hairy Wolf Monster.
    Sim now only has two forms to change into: Werewolf and Beast
    While in Beast Form:
    -Werewolves cannot Communicate/be social effectively With Humans. they can interact by growling at Sims, attacking, stalking, say Bite, Claw at, Abduct (Merely picking up a sim and putting them over their shoulder (New "Go Here Together" option?) They Behave beastly towards other sims and effect their "personality" in different ways to say the least.
    "Eating messily", "No opposable thumbs, they tend to break things, and were ware things out faster" not in a clumsy manner. more of an aggressive, brutish manner. (I'm just thinking of Prince Adam/The Beast in "Beauty and the Beast")
    -and of course All powers I think are amplified in Beast form.
    - The Caveat: the Werewolf Sim will never be able to Turn back into their Human form, They may only shift as far as their Werewolf form, but never fully human. The only way to turn human again is follow the path of Regain their Humanity.
    Regaining Humanity should be take as long as they player wants. It could take Hours, Days, or Weeks, Months or even years of rehabilitation for a werewolf to Regain their full humanity.
    Perk: Once Humanity is regained the werewolf May "Turn Beast" at will.
    Beast Form Is under weakness, but It can be a strength you just have to play at it, to make it a strength, I simply wanted a challenge. play and tell a story.
    It should consist of a Cure: finding ingredients to unlock their human form again.

Perhaps if you have "The Bite" Perk where you can Bite sims and turn them into Werewolves.
    The Bite, Being a werewolf, Can be a Gift & a Curse.

Perhaps the Bite can be the Cure turn the beast back into a human and revoke the Werewolf Trait... of course the Werewolf that Bites the Beast has to be Equally or More powerful than the beast you want to cure. Or Perhaps It Could take another Werewolf Whom has regained their Humanity, and can Bite The Beast and turn them back Human and remove their Werewolf Trait all together.

If You have realm of Magic, Please! I need there to be a Tome of Beasts: A book that can teach spell casters a spell that can turn a Human into a werewolf, and Back. If not fine I'm sure someone will mod it in.

But the big thing I really want is if you cast Minionize and Dileriate on a Werewolf you can essentially have a Werewolf blissfully under your thrall during the full moon... or You and your new wolf minion pet can go out and go on a nice rampage... I mean a nice walk together. I need this. and again this is based off my Werewolf and Spellcaster Best Friends.
    The werewolf Absorbs the Spellcaster's Pain, and the Spellcaster keeps his Werewolf on a magical Leash to keep him from escaping until he can control himself. And the Jordans are usually good, Werewolves experience their first shift at age 13, by age 16-18 they've got it under control... So maybe Like Spellcasters they could have like a "Ancient/Strong/Weak" Bloodline that could help them rank up faster.

I just read through your additions and must say, I am thoroughly impressed with these ideas.

While I doubt we would get all the forms too, I do think the (Dire) Wolf form could indeed work as a perk. As DaWaterRat mentioned, werewolves really don't have a whole lot of different powers in the actual werewolf lore. So this could perhaps be an option.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much though, so decided to look up Crinos werewolf since I wasn't familiar with the term and to be honest: I'd be totally okay with that since that form still appears to be more wolfy in nature. I don't know, I just want one semi-wolfy like form whether it's Dire or Crinos and not just what was available in Sims 3, although if the pack itself is well done I wouldn't mind it too much.

And I defintely think that "the bite" should be included. Like that would be one of my top "perk" choices since that actually is a large part of werewolf mythos.

I also agree with all of your ideas regarding "Realm of Magic" compatibility. Just... a big fat yes to all of those. Maybe a Master/Virtuoso Spellcaster could even restore the human form of those who have The Caveat if they have a good enough relationship with them + learned the spell for it.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think it would be fun if sims could play pretend to be werewolfs or wolves and howl at the moon.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I only want two forms. The original sim and a werewolf form that resembles the wolf in that object we have that hangs on a wall and has a werewolf attacking. There's no reason for more than that. I want to play a sim who turns into a werewolf and back. I don't need useless stages in between that you know they aren't going to give us anyway. IF they make werewolves, it won't be with all these complicated wants and wishes that everyone simply must have in order to enjoy the game.

Just give me a sim that can transform into that statue version of a werewolf and have a few features that are iconic to werewolves.

I would love for them to be handled as well as vampires were with all the possibilities that vampires have. Maybe if you want to be the ALPHA wolf, then you increase your simwolf's skill set and they "earn" it that way.

I'd also like moon phases (just seems like common sense in a werewolf pack) and body hair (finally). The first levels of a werewolf should be dependent on the full moon forcing a change. After a certain level, and they learn to handle their issues, then they should be able to change at will.

If werewolves could come with a Scottish Highlands world (refer to other threads on this subject) where they could run free about the the highlands and moors, howling at the moon, it would be a great match. Old castles, werewolves, the moors, kilts, bagpipes and the ghost piper of Coll Ciotech. How could a pack get any better?
    Don't know how well this would go over, but I just thought of an interesting... I'm not sure if it would be a perk, a flaw or just a feature.

Werewolves don't suffer emotional deaths. However, getting to that point will force a Werewolf to change into their werewolf form (whatever that ends up being) and they have some unique werewolf related actions they can take to get the emotion under control. I'm Not quite sure what they'd be, mind you. This was just something that struck me while reading the unpopular opinions thread... and I don't think it was even related to anything in particular I read there.
    Werewolves not suffering emotion deaths (while in their werewolf form? Is that what you mean.) Would indeed be an interesting feature. Although I feel it shouldn't be a weakness/flaw but a perk if they choose to go that route with it.

I'd be totally okay with it just being a default feature too though. I just don't think it should be regarded as a "bad" thing. You know?

I really don't want menstruation in my game though. Like at all. I have to deal with it enough in real life as it is, I really don't want to have to put up with it in the game as well. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, since I would get this pack solely for the werewolves anyway but I'd end up searching for mods to get rid of menstruation.

I'm liking the idea of moon magic though. Maybe the phases could even affect Spellcasters? The phases of the moon are very important to magic and spells in real life. (I'm Wiccan, so although I haven't personally cast a spell, I know from experience.)

Moon phases probably wouldn't affect vampires too much, but I'd still love to see some cross compatibility with the vampires pack.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I think there should be an unique death involving silver, I would like to see them do something unique for werewolves ghosts similar to the vampire's sunlight death.
    Werewolves not suffering emotion deaths (while in their werewolf form? Is that what you mean.) Would indeed be an interesting feature. Although I feel it shouldn't be a weakness/flaw but a perk if they choose to go that route with it.

I'd be totally okay with it just being a default feature too though. I just don't think it should be regarded as a "bad" thing. You know?

I was thinking more that if a Werewolf in human form gets to the point where they'd normally suffer an Emotional Death, they instead are forced into their Werewolf form - but that gives them certain extra options for getting rid of the moodlet. Wouldn't necessarily be what we'd call healthy ones ... maybe a "Rampage" where they fight any nearby sims at random to get rid of Enraged

Not sure how this would interact with Teenaged Mood Swings from Parenthood, though.
    edited January 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I was thinking more that if a Werewolf in human form gets to the point where they'd normally suffer an Emotional Death, they instead are forced into their Werewolf form - but that gives them certain extra options for getting rid of the moodlet. Wouldn't necessarily be what we'd call healthy ones ... maybe a "Rampage" where they fight any nearby sims at random to get rid of Enraged

Not sure how this would interact with Teenaged Mood Swings from Parenthood, though.

Oh, okay. I think that could still be a pretty cool thing though. Being forced into werewolf form instead of just dying. I mean I've always imagined werewolves being forced to turn when they're super angry for instance. So this kind of goes along with a headcanon I've had for years anyway.

Maybe in addition to being forced into their werewolf form, they also can't change back until "enraged" "hysterical" and "mortified" expire? Kind of like certain options are grayed out when Sims are in certain moods?

[OT removed - EA_Leeloo]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    I think there should be an unique death involving silver, I would like to see them do something unique for werewolves ghosts similar to the vampire's sunlight death.

I was thinking of a way silver could be involved as well. Either as a death or some kind of protective measures against werewolves. Unless maybe it's both in a way? Like being around or touching something silver depletes their werewolf energy and once it goes completely down, it's lethal?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't want werewolves to die from Silver but, if they hunt for things and dig things up as they did in past packs, maybe digging up a rock of silver would cause them to be burned enough to cause a yelp and run away.

If a vampire had sent them hunting and this happened, Vlad might be angry at the werewolf for running away and not collecting everything they had been sent to collect.
    I'm not super adamant that they have to die by silver. But I defintely think it should affect werewolves in some way and feel that if they were to include a werewolf-specific death, I just think silver would make the most sense.