Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing Sims but don't write stories

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Really, a story only needs one observer to be a story at all. It doesn't have to be dramatic at all, and it needn't be told, written, or captured in images; it simply has to happen.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I play out little scenarios but I usually just go with whatever the game throws at me. I do take screenshots but mainly for generational play, as well keep a family history. I don't have a blog or share my stories anywhere either. Most of my gameplay is mundane with the occasional curveball thrown in.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited January 2021
    I don't write anything down either. I do take screencaps when I remember to, but keep them to myself. At times I do wish I had documented a game better when something interesting happens, but then I never do. You never know when a story is going to turn out interesting until it does. I usually have a general direction I want a sim to go in, but I like things to happen to them that I have to play around or adapt to.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    In all honesty I never knew people wrote stories for the sims. This forum I don’t always think reflect how the average person plays the game. It was only seeing on here about people writing stories when they play. That concept has never even crossed my mind or anyone else I know who plays the game.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Most of the time I just play in the moment, and to how I see my Sims's personality and what they might do for fun or activity. If I do have a story in mind, it's still open to being changed by spontaneity or random happenings. I like it better when the Sims guide me to how the story will play out. I look for clues and cues as to what I think they want to do or who they like or don't like. Sometimes I'll want a specific Sim to, say, become a Vampire or something but Vampires just aren't drawn to her, so she remains a mortal and her story changes. I don't like to force things in my game, I like them to play out as they will.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I rarely have stories for my sims. I prefer to let the way their lives lead tell the story.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    I often have stories in my mind.. but as often those fail... so to plan B.. okay plan C.. NO not with that sim! .. fine then .. plan D...
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I mostly have just general ideas for what I want in each household to be. A goal or some sort, even if it's just aspiration fullfillment or getting a bit more money for home upgrades or stuff. Just fun to play out.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I went from complex ongoing stories to more like, scenes that go together. Also I start new saves(stories) OFTEN.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I typically have some story in my head of the sims I create, what type of person they are, how they should look, what type of career they'll pursue, what type of city and housing they live in. Then I just let the game proceed in it's direction while "attempting" to work up the career ladder. I've never, ever written down anything and almost never take screenshots.

So, to me it's not that weird to not be a written story teller.