Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghost Butlers please

Please, let us have the ability to change our butlers life state and work clothing. It could even be through cheat codes, no need for a new interface. My witch needs an old ghost butler, my mad scientist needs an alien butler. It doesn't look like it would take a lot of work.

It would be a nice update with the paranormal pack. What you folks think?

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I would like that; also wish for a way to pick my own sims for server sims.

I bought the pack with the Butler, but I could not edit their clothes, and the sim showing up was Mean; so I created my own sim and have them as a roommate in the household instead.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would like that; also wish for a way to pick my own sims for server sims.

I bought the pack with the Butler, but I could not edit their clothes, and the sim showing up was Mean; so I created my own sim and have them as a roommate in the household instead.

I create my own butlers too. I give them the NEAT ad FOODIE traits to help guide them towards their chores. The VG butlers seem to do nothing I want them to do. Very little, if any, cleaning (other than wiping a gloved finger on a surface) and when asked to cook meals they stand in front of the platter so my sims can't get to the food. Plus, they drink a lot from my bar.

When I create my own butlers, I can direct them to do anything and everything that I want them to do. I'll have the butler prepare a couple of meals and place them in the fridge and when it's chow time I drag it to the counter from the fridge and click CALL TO MEAL and everyone eats. Then the butler cleans up. The butler also does the laundry.

White tux jacket and black pants with dress shoes make a great looking butler.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    A ghost butler would fit in perfectly with the gothic family I want to create.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Has anyone tried locking their VG butlers in their room and not letting them out to see if the die and become ghosts?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Could that be possible?
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Complication Encountered

Toddlers are adorable. Even the clingy and wild ones have their moments.

50837861956_f44bcdff8d_b.jpg

Unfortunately, the good Nanny, Hiroko, that took care of Ember was replaced by another sim when I tried to add her to the played households to prevent culling. She and Kemps have actually done a better job showing up to check on the Earth Elemental Twins than the nanny that replaced Hiroko while the nanny is there. Jade should not have to walk this far to ask her uncle for food only for him to say goodbye. At least he shows up in those moments when I need to pay attention. I'm a bit peeved that he didn't help her, but there was a nanny staring at the door... Even Kemps saw the problem and peaced out.

50837136368_7fcbdd90af_b.jpg

Despite him not helping her, I'm inclined to believe that something interrupted him helping her. He's got a solid track record of checking up on every single mer in the pod he's responsible for and helping them.

50837945122_ed0690e1c5_k.jpg

Kemps did not leave his brother's family hanging. He enlisted the help of a young merman from the pod. Meet Dennis Amaro, the Zalrian Households new Butler. Dennis considered it an honor to help the last remaining Elder Lineage. He's definitely skilled in all the areas he would need to do his job as an Attendant to the Zalrians.

50837945112_5e9bbd9667_k.jpg

The process to make him the butler was not easy.

Using cheats, I maxed out all the skills I felt would be most helpful for him to do his jobs. Handiness, Cooking, Entertaining, and etc. He has the ideal traits for a Merman Butler.

First, I had to load him to a lot and cheat his stats to where I wanted them.

Then, I had to use the cheats in this order:

Traits.Equip_Trait isButler
    Careers.Add_Career Butler
    And wait until 6 am of the next day for him to cycle through one day of work. Time speeds up for this part.

Next, I marked his household as unplayed. He was originally a random Butler that the game spawned too. I changed the household name to Amaro.

50837945137_32936693d6_b.jpg

I evicted him from the lot. For the final touches, I moved him into a lot on Sulani so he would be a Sulani Resident, just in case it affected where he went. The screenshots are from earlier trials, but I ended up following these steps.

50837861926_b2c257efca.jpg

And now, he's a butler. I can use Cas.FullEditMode to change the way he looks in other outfits and his general appearance.

50837136343_f58ff00a68_z.jpg

So, here's a simplified list of things to make your own butler.
    • Cheat the traits you want
    • Make him or her look the way you want

*Make sure you do the above steps before the cheats to make him or her a butler. The order matters.*

Use Cheats in the listed order:
    • Traits.Equip_Trait isButler
    • Careers.Add_Career Butler
    • And wait until 6 am of the next day for him or her to cycle through one day of work. Time speeds up for this part.

Next:
    • Mark him or her as unplayed
    • Evict the household from the lot

Finally:
    • Delete the butler the game generated
    • Load the household

These steps worked twice for me, and he was still the butler after reloading the game.

Cas.FullEditMode will allow players to change the way the Butler looks in CAS without disrupting anything.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think I need more coffee, I misread that as 'Ghost Busters please'
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    What if you add the ghost trait to the butler trait?
    For example:
    Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_Lightning