Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things we need!

These are a few things I believe would truly make for better builds.

1) The ability to either delete foundations one tile at a time, without deleting the room space above it, to create "undercut" rooms. OR Simply allow the placement of a foundation, then a bigger room on top of it, without resizing the foundation.

2) The ability to apply patterns to exposed edges of floor and ceiling tiles. Some builds do not use standard roofs and seeing white all the time can be ugly if it isn't expected.

3) More futuristic windows, like those that came with the "Into the Future" pack for Sims 3. We have a nice full-height window that spans two tiles. But it would be nice to have it in a three tile version also.

4) A true flat roof option, one which caps the walls, so that the white edges of ceiling tiles are not visible.

That's it for now.
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• Lenstar123lalaLenstar123lala Posts: 1 New Member
    2 simple suggestions/ideas

On the sims I like to build houses,restaraunts and shops as appose to role playing as a family. When building homes a lot of the time the kitchen options are lacking for what I want to make, I think it would be great if they introduced a range of swatches for the base game kitchen counters as I find a lot of the add on ones are ‘abit much’ if you know what I mean.

I also have trouble when making shops and restaurants finding the right windows, I think a few, simple square and rectangle windows with nothing else to them would be brilliant, just one pane of glass.

I literally just joined and idk how to do it really yet and I couldn’t figure out how to make it a main one on the ideas corner part but if anyone who sees this does, please copy it and put it on if you agree
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    2 simple suggestions/ideas

On the sims I like to build houses,restaraunts and shops as appose to role playing as a family. When building homes a lot of the time the kitchen options are lacking for what I want to make, I think it would be great if they introduced a range of swatches for the base game kitchen counters as I find a lot of the add on ones are ‘abit much’ if you know what I mean.

I also have trouble when making shops and restaurants finding the right windows, I think a few, simple square and rectangle windows with nothing else to them would be brilliant, just one pane of glass.

I literally just joined and idk how to do it really yet and I couldn’t figure out how to make it a main one on the ideas corner part but if anyone who sees this does, please copy it and put it on if you agree

Yes! And if the don’t want to use color wheel aka sims 3, fine. What the can do though is allow us to create our own custom swatches, which all objects can use, added automatically to the item specific ones.

Good idea.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I really want big circular windows, and window seats that are actually functional as seats. How cool would be on a rainy day for a Sim to curl up with a good book on the windowseat?
  • onica432onica432 Posts: 8 New Member
    When loading a sim from the library/gallery in cas, id like to be able to choose which sim i want from a family rather than always loading the full family. Also id like it if when pulling the sims from library or gallery if they would ask if i want to reset them. so that i can load them without all the skills or whatever and have them from scratch.
  • LadyBee98LadyBee98 Posts: 8 New Member
    We need more baby and toddler stuff!!
  • AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    EA actually needs to make babies functional because they seem a little "dead". They literally give me the heebie-jeebies and I pretty much age them up as soon as they're born :/... EA should make it so that parents can carry their child around as they are doing tasks, bathe them in sinks, which would probably be asking for a lot.

Also, what's the deal with being able to clean toddlers from the sink??? I thought that maybe it was EA preluding to a future toddlers update.

Maybe there should be another luxury clothing pack, but made with the help of CC creators, such as Chanel...

To add on, I've never played Sims 2 or 3 as I was never allowed to, but I know that Sims 3 has an open-world concept, which would actually come in handy with the Get To Work pack, especially for the detective career!! IK there are lots of talented CC creators who have an open-world map, however, they seem to cause lots of glitches in the game, and my game is a bit laggy considering the number of files I have installed... >:)
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    The ability to delete one floor tile at a time. Please and thank you.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • kasha083kasha083 Posts: 1 New Member
    can we please get some new lighter skin tones ? its great we have so many newer skin tones and sliders, but theres not enough pale or peachy colors. all the ones that are there now have a weird sickly undertone or is too light or too dark. please add some more choices!!
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I know I sound like a broken record but I think it needs werewolves.
  • mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    mysph1t wrote: »
    I want a Castle Stuff/Game pack, or a full on Medieval Expansion pack. Bring back Dragon Valley. I could make a whole thread on all the different architectural stuff needed for my castle building needs. In other list of needs:

Spiral. Stair. Cases.

Also, I made a thread about it, but beards/facial hair needs a revamp. Make beards, sideburns, mustaches, and stubble separate mix-and-matchable categories, and give more style varieties. There's a severe lack of big beards and mustaches.

On the subject of hair, we need more color options. We got it with skin, so lets get it with hair too, along with the value slider. Honestly, I don't know why hair doesn't just have a color wheel option. It's so easy. Make the hair's default color white, and let people customize the hue, value, and chroma. Don't pets have color wheels?

Also, still on hair, what's with the lack of options for men when it comes to hairstyles? And more specifically, why aren't there more options for guys with widow's peaks? Most men experience receding hairlines, yet in the Sims, your only hair options for high foreheads or receding hairlines are short, frankly garbage hairstyles, or bald. Not everyone's hairline reaches their eyebrows.

I'd like some styles like this personally:
    803c3936ef4a074c07c00786dbc24cbb.jpg
    1817bfd9967b32e72445670d8eda449c.jpg
    0712205aebcdbf4fd8d62d9a459099b1.jpg

... I'll stop now.

Viking hair
  • ToopoorforpacksToopoorforpacks Posts: 1 New Member
    So now that you have added the multi select in inventories for sims, :) can you do the same in build mode I hate individually selling every single item if I press the keep furniture by accident :s when I’m moving house!!!!!!
  • suuudeeeesuuudeeee Posts: 7 New Member
    I think we need the ability to tint windows. There could be tint presets, but also a slider for more control.
  • Sancha534Sancha534 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think we absolutely need 24hour time. 12h is such an eyesore for me, I know it exists in the game as when I had my game in swedish it was 24h, but I would like to be able to enable it for english game as well!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I really want big circular windows, and window seats that are actually functional as seats. How cool would be on a rainy day for a Sim to curl up with a good book on the windowseat?

In the Cats & Dogs pack there's the "Queen Bae Window Seat" which sims can sit on.
  • minininjaminininja Posts: 9 New Member
    Saxophones! Drums! I would love a "sims world tour" theme pack that lets you form a band and go on tour book gigs and play at bars and such, could work sorta a freelance career that the higher you skill the better bigger gigs you can book. Saxophones though I want to sit in the city and just make money all day.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd like some styles like this personally:
    Those styles are ok, but I'd rather these
    Gen_1.jpg
    13100518-long-hairstyles-for-men-.jpg
    2ff762187492918c0cff5533ca98a996.jpg
    284a10ce2ab4296abae44c0838dbb41f.jpg
    Gothic-Punk-Hairstyle.jpg
    cbcbd43c330a5ca39241470cf7390760.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2021
    Malls (multipurpose lots)....more venues and destinations that add more gameplay and fun activities for sims to engage.

frJZNie.png
    Post edited by Simtarris22 on
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    edited January 2021
    COLOR WHEEL for BUILD/BUY PLEASE!

(and two-story windows, separate crown moldings and baseboards, diagonal stairs, bunk beds, and corner roof tiles. Thank you)
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited January 2021
    A thought occurred to me. When fine tuning placements of things like windows or other wall decorations, I'm really ocd about precise placement, so I'd like to have a control tool when selecting windows to adjust placement. Lets say you select a window that's placed on a wall without moving it. You would see vertical and horizontal arrows appear around it, and allow you to move it only in the direction of the arrow you select. clicking the arrow could allow it to move one small integer of what it would normally move, say up or down when moving the whole thing, while holding it would allow you to slide it. Before you could place windows anywhere, holding the window would allow you to slide it just up and down, but now that they can be placed off center of tiles, holding it can cause it to slide horizontally when you only want to move it vertically. For items like say tables, your controls would be different, with 2 horizontal planes, and one rotational plane.

Another tool that might be useful would be to have a percentile number box in proportion to the wall height or width. So if you have a short wall that's say 5 spaces wide, and you put 50% on the height, and 50% on width, it would place the window on the center tile at mid wall height. If you adjusted the wall height to tall, the window would automatically jump up to be the mid height for the current wall height.

Lastly, I'd like to have a visible degree angle displayed on roof pitch, and a similar ability to manually enter the degree you want the roof to be pitched at, as well as the curvature for roof bends.

A few of these ideas came from the housing system in Wildstar, which had a pretty robust item placement system that allowed you to fine-tune the placement of decor, and I think they'd be a good fit in the Sims.

Edit: Oh yeah, since we can now place doors and windows fairly freely, how about letting us build walls on the half tile? When I'm trying to build more medieval style builds, I want to replicate the jettied look of tudor architecture, but a full tile is frankly too much to look good unless the build itself is pretty large.

DoubleJettiedBuilding.jpg

I'd also like to be able to have selective ceiling heights for different rooms on the same level. Also a round room tool. Really I just need all the building tools.

I agree with the building options. I would also add in the ability to give true split levels in our builds.

I want the option of vaulted ceilings we can kind od do Cathedral Ceilings that follow the pitch of the roof for our builds. The ability to have walls that curve convex or concave for modern builds or slant in or out to create bunkers for our paranoid sims.

I would like spiral staircases.

I would like to be able to build on the same level the roof is at so that we can a real attic in our builds. Different colours and textures for hair. There needs to be more 4-C hair that looks amazing and isn't just a very dark blue. Granted in natural hair colour there may be a bluish undertone but it doesn't turn the hair a very dark blue and acts to enhance the black colour of hair. True white hair not grey but true white.

More things for our babies toddlers, kids and elders to do. Like playing tag, duck duck goose, 4 corners, hopscotch, double dutch and regular jump rope, Where double dutch not only improve the motor skill in children but social too. Being able to have baby's first word and first step. Baby showers for expecting parents. More cribs that would be neutral. Stop making babies objects and make them babies that we can show and introduce to the family.

I hate this one thing our sims cannot do, That we cannot have our sim introduce another household member to another sim. For example, Minerva Charm is friends with Simeon Silversweater the Sage of Practical Magic. She should be able to introduce her grandkid from Emilia and Darrel to Simeon I feel. Instead of Simeon coming to visit Minerva just to chat with an old friend and have someone in the household like Emilia and Darrel's kid just coming up to Simeon and hopefully not be rude by interrupting their conversation and introduce themselves to him. In real life, we introduce others to each other that are friends, associates, those we are in a romantic relationship with, and loved ones of ours etc because it's the polite thing to do.

Colour wheel for hair and build/buy and CAS items.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SwiftyVixenSwiftyVixen Posts: 1 New Member
    I would Like to see maybe a Zoo with Animals that your Sims with or without Kids could go to, And maybe a Picinic area with food that you Buy and can sit and eat. Or a Theme Park with ridable rides and eating areas Toilets etc
  • anorakblueanorakblue Posts: 30 Member
    This may not be a very popular idea, it's just because it would be perfect for my build atm... but I would like a wall/ceiling mounted television (of the more affordable range) that could slot in a diagonal/corner piece. I like creating little corner nooks for the tv area, especially in more open-planned houses, and all I can picture is at least one sim getting neck ache from craning to see the telly :D
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I so want a Sims 4 Spin-off of Medieval.