Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Pack Dev Blog Part 1

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I used to love the coward trait! When a sim would faint at the sight of a burglar always managed to crease me up :D

I wish they'd add brave and coward as traits. And also give us death by fright.

Great blog though, it sounds like a nice change from the norm. But does this mean we can only make residentials haunted? I was hoping to also have a community haunted house for some Spooky Day fun.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    honestly as a player i do not understand why you are so interested in supernatural in the sims game as a player i have no interest in such life states and do not play vampires witches or mermaid i do play aliens on occasion but thats it i much prefer what comes in the buy build catalogue but thats me as a player of the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    honestly as a player i do not understand why you are so interested in supernatural in the sims game as a player i have no interest in such life states and do not play vampires witches or mermaid i do play aliens on occasion but thats it i much prefer what comes in the buy build catalogue but thats me as a player of the sims4

Cuz we can't be wizards witches and monsters in real life? I know your not directly insisting this pack shouldn't exist but people with your attitude why people like me feel EA doesn't put as much effort in fantasy packs as they do 'realism'
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Hallgerd wrote: »
    Very interesting information, but I have one request. I would love to add a house for rent to the "haunted" lot type in some renovation. After all, such a house is perfect for a holiday in Forgotten Hollow.

Haunted rental and Haunted generic would really open up story opportunities. Residential only is very restricting. Please consider extending this to rental or generic or both!

I really agree with this it would be fab to have the rentals with this sort of lot type :) Let's hope they think about it and then do it.. Love Bonehilda coming back and all I dream about now is a massive spooky world to play it all in lol
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Everyone has different tastes. I personally like playing with supernatural/occult sims because there simply isn't any other game (that I'm aware of at least) where I can be a wizard or a vampire while also playing their everyday lives, fulfill their needs, interact with other characters and even having descendants of their own while customizing their house as a bonus and many other gameplay aspects of The Sims.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    i'm here to remind everyone about the existence of toggles and how the game would benefit by having them.
    please if a dev comes across this comment please consider adding a bunch of them so people would stop complaining with lame arguments. also you guys would have a bit more freedom when developing, knowing people won't complain about a certain feature as they'll be able to decide if they want it on their game or not. in regards of fear being added to the game, like any other emotion it will have its upsides & downsides. but how about wait till it's in game to form an actual opinion about it?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I do have a few questions. Will the fear emotion effect toddlers and children too? Will there be ghost babies added with the pack? Will there be new ghost types and powers and ways to resurrect ghosts?

@Scobre I don't know about toddlers, or all the other questions, but the sim that SimGuruConor used to show off the fear emotion on Twitter appears to be a child.

Thank you, that is a good picture.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited January 2021
    There won't be any new life states in the pack though. It is paranormal for normal Sims. But it's ok not everyone is going to like every pack. Personally I'm more excited about the patch, but I am glad pack won't be called Happy Haunts. Pack seems to be things that people in the 1800s were really into with Victorian times, so seems old fashioned with their appeal towards death during that real period of time. I also forgot to ask if there will be graveyards. I think you would enjoy the brave trait options, but yes I do wish we had more trait slots.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Awesome info! TY @SimGuruConor
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Wow! Thank you for such an informative blog @SimGuruConor ! Like many above me, I also wish there is a Lot Trait that can turn other Lot Types into a haunted lot. Haunted apartments and haunted rental lots anyone? ;)
    edited January 2021
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Very interesting information, but I have one request. I would love to add a house for rent to the "haunted" lot type in some renovation. After all, such a house is perfect for a holiday in Forgotten Hollow.

Haunted rental and Haunted generic would really open up story opportunities. Residential only is very restricting. Please consider extending this to rental or generic or both!

I really agree with this it would be fab to have the rentals with this sort of lot type :) Let's hope they think about it and then do it.. Love Bonehilda coming back and all I dream about now is a massive spooky world to play it all in lol
    Ooh, that would be amazing. I love Forgotten Hollow but it is so tiny that I rarely play there. Imagine something like that but on a much bigger scale... graveyards, permanent fog in some areas, run-down forgotten haunted buildings, spooky playground where the swings and roundabouts move by themselves... and maybe creatures that come out of the woods at night... a great place for werewolves or zombies!
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > honestly as a player i do not understand why you are so interested in supernatural in the sims game as a player i have no interest in such life states and do not play vampires witches or mermaid i do play aliens on occasion but thats it i much prefer what comes in the buy build catalogue but thats me as a player of the sims4

I understand and respect your opinion but I feel so differently as a sims player. I don't much like/care for aliens. Played with them once and then never again. I love playing realistic but I love playing the supernatural/fantasy aspects of the game more. I can't be a witch or a vampire in real life but I can do laundry, not saying that I don't like the laundry because I do. If the game didn't have these other elements then people who enjoy them would be left out. I think it's ok to have all sorts of packs that interest all different types of players.
    edited January 2021
    @elanorbreton

Your ideas are fab if we had a decent size world to use it would be even better. I have been considering changing Windenburg into that sort of world possibly using a moody looking sky/water mod for the first time and sending (new) paranormal sims, my vamps and all my witches and warlords to live there :) And if it's possible have bonehilda doing all the NPC service jobs and employed in residential homes as the maid/butler. My only problem with the idea is I quite like Windenburg the way i have it currently designed as a sort of European style world as well but right now I am very tempted to change it :)

Any thoughts on what you might like to do yet?
    edited January 2021

Ooh, that would be amazing. I love Forgotten Hollow but it is so tiny that I rarely play there. Imagine something like that but on a much bigger scale... graveyards, permanent fog in some areas, run-down forgotten haunted buildings, spooky playground where the swings and roundabouts move by themselves... and maybe creatures that come out of the woods at night... a great place for werewolves or zombies!
    I actually wouldn't mind something like Magic Town from the Sims 1. I really like your ideas too. A creepy fairground again would be fun too.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_Town

Someone actually made it in the Sims 3:
    https://chazzsims.tumblr.com/post/41562952728/magic-town-for-the-sims-3

Sims 4 render someone made:
    sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg
  • AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    I'm honestly super stoked for this stuff pack, but I feel as though it would've been better as a game pack. Looking forward to the reviews of this pack once it comes out!!!!!
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
    @elanorbreton

Your ideas are fab if we had a decent size world to use it would be even better. I have been considering changing Windenburg into that sort of world possibly using a moody looking sky/water mod for the first time and sending (new) paranormal sims, my vamps and all my witches and warlords to live there :) And if it's possible have bonehilda doing all the NPC service jobs and employed in residential homes as the maid/butler. My only problem with the idea is I quite like Windenburg the way i have it currently designed as a sort of European style world as well but right now I am very tempted to change it :)

Well, I did have an idea whilst I was struggling to sleep last night :D

I quite fancy adding some of the characters from True Blood into my game, as I am currently uninterested in the vampires already there. I thought I might have Sookie as a spellcaster (in the absence of fairies) and she can develop her skills as a medium too. Bill the vampire will live in a big haunted mansion, and Eric will share a place with Pam and some other vamps.

I have a cemetery in Forgotten Hollow with an underground crypt, which I absolutely love and do not want to get rid of, so that leaves me with 3 Lots (Vlad just cannot be evicted, so he will have to stay) - one for Sookie, one for Bill and one for Eric and his mob.

I may spread a few haunted Lots around elsewhere - the Old Salt House in San Myshuno springs to mind, as I have it as a run-down orphanage in my game. Also Catarina Lynx's home. And the Goth place, of course.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @elanorbreton

Well, I did have an idea whilst I was struggling to sleep last night :D

I quite fancy adding some of the characters from True Blood into my game, as I am currently uninterested in the vampires already there. I thought I might have Sookie as a spellcaster (in the absence of fairies) and she can develop her skills as a medium too. Bill the vampire will live in a big haunted mansion, and Eric will share a place with Pam and some other vamps.

I have a cemetery in Forgotten Hollow with an underground crypt, which I absolutely love and do not want to get rid of, so that leaves me with 3 Lots (Vlad just cannot be evicted, so he will have to stay) - one for Sookie, one for Bill and one for Eric and his mob.

I may spread a few haunted Lots around elsewhere - the Old Salt House in San Myshuno springs to mind, as I have it as a run-down orphanage in my game. Also Catarina Lynx's home. And the Goth place, of course.

I've just started to watch True Blood. So cool that you mention it! 😁
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    is part 2 of the blog on monday
    @elanorbreton

I loved true blood and still have the discs somewhere but confess to liking the swede more than English bill (love the actor though) who looks like a flat cap would finish off that look I see enough of already in RL lol

Sookie as a spellcaster would totally work in that theme too but reading how you are trying to fit everyone/everything into that tiny world is almost torture.

I have one vampire nightclub in forgotten hollow at the moment and for some reason sims from everywhere love it so i have never changed it for years as it is a good hunting ground for my favorite vamp-) I also have wonderful halloween themed restaurant I adore but there is simply not enough room to fit them both in. What sort of lot is your underground crypt as it sounds interesting and I am presuming the graveyard will look effective on top with some sort of vamp community lot in the basement? If so have you got any pics and the creator name for that as it sounds interesting and i might like to give it a try.

I also cannot get rid of Vlad as much as I don't play him because I see him as the Daddy of all vampires (until I see him serving at a food stalls-) and I cannot stick him in a tiny home either to just get him out the way it just wouldn't be right lol

I truly hope we can get a rental lot designation as well as the paranormal but imagine trying to fit all that into Forgotten Hollow :o I practically have OCD where my world designs are concerned especially in neighborhood view which is why i simply would not be able to play a lot like this in shiny mainly sunny worlds but possibly as you suggest maybe one in the city would not look too out of place. I went through lot just trying to fit Batuu into my game until I rearranged strangerville and am beginning to imagine this pack is going to cause me more of that sort of grief :)

I hope they bring fairies back too at some point as they are one of my favorites and in my 3 supernatural worlds my vamps are often with fairies.. opposites attract as they say :)

Lots to think about-) or in your case keep you awake at night :)
    edited January 2021
    Scobre wrote: »

I actually wouldn't mind something like Magic Town from the Sims 1. I really like your ideas too. A creepy fairground again would be fun too.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_Town

Someone actually made it in the Sims 3:
    https://chazzsims.tumblr.com/post/41562952728/magic-town-for-the-sims-3

Sims 4 render someone made:
    sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg

Thanks so much for posting those links I love the magic town for sims 3 and haven't seen that one before. The sims 4 render is wonderful and I could only hope of a world that size to place all the magical spooky builds and sims I want in my game in the same place :)

I want this-) (this pic from a custom S3 world)

9CFbmP8.jpg
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    @SPARKY1922 I want that too😭 some kinda creepy foggy swamp world.
    I was always dissapointed withthe design and size of forgotten Hallow. It could be so much more. Even a cave world would be amazing!! Imagine wearwolves living in cave like structures and tunnels all over. 🤤🤤🤤 heck how about one neighborhood of caves and one of swamp. A third one could be forest. But actual dark creepy foggy style forest this time with creepy trees, shadows and silhouette that move👀

Dont mind me I'm just dreaming here 🤤
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    @Babykittyjade

If the world was large enough we could have the foggy swamp and woodlands with vampires, witches and ghosts roaming around scaring the rest of the population hiding in their homes trying to live a normal existence at the opposite end of the map :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    @SPARKY1922 I want that too😭 some kinda creepy foggy swamp world.
    I was always dissapointed withthe design and size of forgotten Hallow. It could be so much more. Even a cave world would be amazing!! Imagine wearwolves living in cave like structures and tunnels all over. 🤤🤤🤤 heck how about one neighborhood of caves and one of swamp. A third one could be forest. But actual dark creepy foggy style forest this time with creepy trees, shadows and silhouette that move👀

Dont mind me I'm just dreaming here 🤤

Oh my gawd, I would absolutely love a world like this!!

Forgotten Hollow really needs to be expanded. Wouldn't it be cool if a world came out like you describe that was on the other side of the bridge and cliffs from Forgotten Hollow so we could see them in the distance? (I think there's a bridge, right?) I'd love to see more hints of a connection between worlds.
    #Team Occult
    @LiELF

The pick I posted above is of one graveyard lot in S3 in a much bigger world that was being made into Magic Town from sims 1 but sadly the creator gave up on it which is an absolute shame because her world ideas were fantastic. Creator name Prismatic and if you are interested further pics are on the following link

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=510823&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomment

I agree a much bigger Forgotten Hollow is warranted enabling us to play with more builds and supernaturals. As the fear emotion is coming I imagined a sort of divided world where the sims were human on one side and the supernatural community on the other (and I love your idea for a bridge for this-) At night the humans on the other side could look out in fear because it's nighttime and maybe even go through a set of protection rituals in the hope it might save them from anything out there :)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Can't wait to hear more on the other features. Thus far it's looking good and pushing a lot of gameplay for Stuff pack standards. Thought Knifty Knitting and Laundry Day were decent packs in terms of gameplay, but this one is blowing me away~ Can't tell you how long I've wanted a seance table for certain sims in my game of paranormal nature.

New Career, new lot types, and gameplay objects. Ayyyye~

Digging the look of the clothing and furniture.
    5vJrxmT.png