Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having a pond tool would be nice...

While it is possible to create a fake pond with the pool tool in the Sims 4, a real pond tool would give so many more architectural/landscaping possibilities!

Comments

• TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Yes please. I want to make a bog witch Sim.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    What's a pond tool?
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I would like to be able to create natural ponds.

An alternative could be to make the pool rim less conspicuous. It is hard making the terrain colour match the rim; and objects like stones cannot be placed close enough to hide it; and the water level exposes the wall colour which is also hard to pick, in an attempt to make it look natural.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    What's a pond tool?

In previous games there was a tool, similar to the pool tool, that allowed you to make natural bodies of water in the ground. So you could put a creek, pond, or small lake on your lot.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I've been begging and pleading for them to give us back our precious pond tool, dagnabit. I'm so tired of having to use 6000 rocks and plants to cover around the edges of a pool to give the 'illusion' of a pond.

When we had the pond tool in TS2 and TS3, not only did it create a natural pond in the ground, but if you made it deep enough it would also automatically add fish so you could fish from it too.

*sigh*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yup, I'm with everyone here, we need a pond tool.

In debug there's a fishing pond and you can actually fish from it, but... if you add it to multiple homes or lot, everyone has exactly the same shape? Feels weird to me and I'd like to just create my own, and it would be nice if they made them work with the fishing markers so they could be usable too. Heck, go all the way and make them swimmable too if dug deep enough!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    I would like this as well. Whenever making a pond using the pool tools seems to encourage lots of sims to swim in it which is not why I made it
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Cool, I would love a pond tool. B)
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Yes, I would like a pond tool too. I used to make a lot of ponds in Sims 2. I sometimes built a house at the back of the lot with a pond at the front and a bridge going across the pond to the house. There would be so many possibilities with landscaping if we had a proper pond tool.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I would love this! It's so tiresome to have to add all the landscaping to hide the pool edges, and hard to get to look natural too.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame