Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THINGS we want to see in 2023!!

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited November 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
New year, new requests! What build/buy objects do you want to see in 2023 and forward? What is your personal list? I want to see these things:
  • Walk-through aquariums
    tunnel-aquarium.png
    Sims should be able to stock the aquarium with fish from the inventory, similar to smaller aquariums.
  • Pool table
  • MTS_riotmaker-303129-Pooltable.JPG
  • Functional elevator
  • 105cc6cf7f955600d6c00823697d58979977d1c1.gif
    a946d0247542c29907b091ebc651d00bcf3a13e0.png
    We want elevators for houses not just apartments! They should also have interactions like opening the elevator door or WooHoo inside the elevator like in Sims 2 and Sims 3
  • Vibrating heart bed (100% chance for baby)
  • pWTEmsNm_400x400.jpg
  • Pottery wheel
  • 670px-Hobby_Arts_and_Crafts.jpg
  • Hammocks
    7480-C195-894-C-484-D-8-ABE-BC35-E6-F301-BD.jpg
  • Trampolines
    CyIBd5oXgAAK2mD.jpg
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2021
    basically every gameplay object from The Sims: Makin' Magic we don't have yet

I don't even have excuses its obsession.

additional amusement park,circus or occult items be also cool like as long as i can shove it into clown park like it belongs there bring it on

aaand i second all of the above
    especially would love to have bonehilda and picnics with couple interactions and all it be cute

and i would never say no to crafts as long as my sims can do them with old tools i dont want huge futuristic machines like eco had like nah thats just not vibing make it realistic or even cute old style if its crafts
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    btw i randomly found this mod vid today and i literally cry at 14:38 when the amusement park items played makin' magic music like yessss thats the vibe i need

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zTblo0Epvic
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    All of these, especially the picnic. It made parks feel so much more alive having sims sitting around. Some others I'd like are the photo booth and the all in one bathroom from 3!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Heartshape Beds
    Spiral Stairs
    Inventor's Workbench
    Potter's Wheel
    Bunkbeds
    Cribs
  • Madz_LBMadz_LB Posts: 17 Member
    1) i'd love to have a picnic (basket) option
    2) more household decor, including more stuff which fits on shelves - some of these exist in the debug or showliveeditobjects catalogue that could be moved to the regular catalogue. basically anything that exists in the debug catalogue that isn't a result of game play (e.g. collectables, the weeding machine/vaccume thingy) to be moved to the regular catalogue
    I'd like to see a general re-work of all the worlds so that they are not all flat. this would make the use of the terrain tool more realistic. also the addition of ponds like we had in Sims 3 if you lowered the terrain far enough
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    So many good ideas.

I really would like more craft objects, that sims could make nice looking stuff from, to hang in museums - for example a loom. It could actually be a very TS4 kind of objects, since they can be very large!

And while we are visiting the museum, why not add more interactive objects like the miniature world model of Brindleton Bay; to make museums more worth while for sims to go to, not just for the player to decorate.
  • TAQrinzANTAQrinzAN Posts: 2 New Member
    Base Game & Some Packs
    + Resizable arbor/pergola

Snowy Escape
    + Zabuton(Japanese floor cushion) - It's already in the game, but tied to Kotatsu table.

Tiny Living
    + New ladder
    + Bunkbeds

Kids Room
    + Bunkbeds
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    All items listed by OP.

Also:
    • A ceiling upgrade in Build Mode including different ceiling tile textures plus wooden beams.
    • Stairs Upgrade to make them spiral, or a spiral stair object.
    • Functional (Fixer upper) cars.
    • Houseboats and small, wooden boats.
    • Modular Roller coasters and a couple of other different fun-fair related rides and items, such as a merry-go-round, wild water-ride and gondolas.
    • Canes for any age.
    • I always enjoyed the chicken coop and cows from TS3 to bring that bit of extra life to my farm houses.
    • A truckload of instruments for musical bands.
    • And more.

• TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Wish there were slot machines...
    i'd also love to see a little toggle in build/buy mode so you can change the season like you can change the time of day. its difficult to see whats happening in a blizzard
  • MariJ73MariJ73 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really hope to see in 2021 farm life with horses. I would love to have my sims to move to farm and take care of horses and learning riding.
  • DoodletopDoodletop Posts: 1 New Member
    I really hope to see horses I’d like to build barns and stuff
  • Vanesa1118Vanesa1118 Posts: 38 Member
    - spiral staircases
    - treehouses
    - cars!!
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2021
    The things I'd like to see most this year are:

- Paintable ceilings and ceiling ornaments (I think they'd really round out build mode)
    - Toggle in CAS for old time Sims and modern Sims (old time Sims won't use any technology)
    - Fears and Favorites in CAS
    - More relationship types in CAS (uncle, aunt, girlfriend, etc)
    - Hotels and Resorts
    - Country themed gameplay and world with horses and farmers markets
    - Large lots
    - Body hair in CAS
    - Cars and garages
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would like to see in 2021:
    - hotels and similars
    - individual bank accounts
    - werewolves
    - crime and punishment
    - horses and more animals
    - active school
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    There are 2 things I'd really like to see for base game updates:

- ability to invite a whole household over
    - more family releationships (mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother and sister in law)

These two would add so much to my everyday gameplay.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    This is controversial in some circles, but I want some kind of non-real-world-denominational religious object pack so that my sims can properly worship their cruel-but-loving god. I liked the conceit in Medieval that the player was "The Watcher", so bringing back something like the Peteran or Jacoban churches to make it canon to the main Sims series would be nice.

Even if they just did it as "Old Time Religion Stuff", I'd buy that.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited March 2023
    - Cars garages carpools and all service npc police fireman repairman and so on all showing up with cars
    - Freed babies
    - Preteens
    - Body hair
    - Light skin tone update
    - More color swatches added to hair natural red dark and light brown, light blond
    - Active high school
    - CAW
    - Personality update with new unique animations for each trait
    - Turn ons turn offs
    - Retail overhaul with working cash registers clothing racks changing rooms actual game play
    - Bands
    - Basic animations like cuddle in bed and opening the dishwasher so my Sims are not all telepathic opening things with their mind
    - Objects pool table, regular sized telescope, diving board, in-ground hot tub
    - Hobbies, surfing, skate boarding, karate
    - Open water in all worlds
    - Slow dancing and other dances where Sims actually dance together
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    For 2021 I really want all bugs & glitches fixed with a much smoother running game. I really want to see 3 height defaults (short, medium, tall) with proportion sliders for extremities and torso including neck. I have a long torso with short legs and average arms @ 5'6". Or I would like to see a height slider that appropriately adjusts the proportions. I'd like to see a 'material' option that you can see in bb (mahogany, chestnut, oak, slate, etc). I want animations added so that all heights fit all actions and animations. I want sex/gender attraction with a both &none option. I want trait attraction, (say my evil Sim is turned on by vampires who are geniuses, bros, and mean but is turned off by mermaids who are gloomy, good, and creative). I also want SAVE A DANG OUTFIT!!! I want hairstyles that better translate between updo styles and worn down styles. I want to choose what side the hair part is on. And eyelashes and nails with polish.
    Flag Quote · Insightful Like Awesome
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191
    11:23PM
    If it's a height slider then I'd want 'edit details' applied to extremities and torso.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    For 2021 I really want all bugs & glitches fixed with a much smoother running game. I really want to see 3 height defaults (short, medium, tall) with proportion sliders for extremities and torso including neck. I have a long torso with short legs and average arms @ 5'6". Or I would like to see a height slider that appropriately adjusts the proportions. I'd like to see a 'material' option that you can see in bb (mahogany, chestnut, oak, slate, etc). I want animations added so that all heights fit all actions and animations. I want sex/gender attraction with a both &none option. I want trait attraction, (say my evil Sim is turned on by vampires who are geniuses, bros, and mean but is turned off by mermaids who are gloomy, good, and creative). I also want SAVE A DANG OUTFIT!!! I want hairstyles that better translate between updo styles and worn down styles. I want to choose what side the hair part is on. And eyelashes and nails with polish.
    Flag Quote · Insightful Like Awesome
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191
    11:23PM
    If it's a height slider then I'd want 'edit details' applied to extremities and torso.

Right with you on the height sliders with adjustable proportions. Some folks (me) have arms and hands shorter than height would predict (I'm 5'11" but have just a 5'7" wingspan.) Others (Kawhi Leonard, the basketball player, who stands 6'7" and has a 7'4" wingspan; boxer Sonny Liston was similarly built at 6'1" with a 6'9" reach) have long arms and big hands.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited January 2021
    I want CARS and garages, Generations, and School (kids and teens don’t even have a proper school building right now, they just vanish), I’d like active school and an active Teacher career (of course those who don’t want to follow their sims to school wouldn’t have to if it worked like active careers.

Oh, and if they added preteens I wouldn’t mind.
  • FinnishdoodleFinnishdoodle Posts: 1 New Member
    I absolutely need and want chess sets. No more big, bulky chess tables but an easily portable chess set you can insert onto any table - even onto a coffee table perhaps so that sims can play sitting on the ground..? It is so annoying having to make room for a chess table when it is actually so unrealistic to own a whole table instead of a chess set. I feel like a chess set object would be a convenient update especially during this chess mania and Queen's Gambit fandom!