Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm baaaaaack!

ShooterIIShooterII Posts: 2,577 Member
Good evening and Happy New Year!

I just wanted to pop in and say hello as I am slowly getting back into the game again after being inactive for so long. I've been bouncing between TS3 and TS4 the past few months as there's elements in both that I quite enjoy.

This lovely pandemic has really taken a toll on my mental health lately and I felt the need to come back to a happy place from when I was younger.

I'm unsure yet as to how active I will be on the forums, but I do feel happy about being back. The Sims 3 was one of my favourite games when I was younger and has stayed close to me even almost 12 years after launch.

I've missed you all deeply, especially those I was close to back in the early days of the forums. I'm not sure if many of you are still active, but I wish you well (even you MARE :wink: ).

I've also been trying to get back into my blog that I started from my last year in High School. At the moment I am mostly doing clean up duty, but I sincerely hope that Perry Voyages will once again be active.

Anyway, hello everyone, old and new, and I wish you well! :blush:

Post edited by ShooterII on

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    you too hope you have fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Welcome back! :)

I can't help playing TS3. That's where my favorite sims live. LOL
  • ShooterIIShooterII Posts: 2,577 Member
    Welcome back! :)

I can't help playing TS3. That's where my favorite sims live. LOL

Same! I've invested so many hours there and have such a long family tree
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Welcome back! I'd love to see your family tree for sims 3. Me: Can't stick to a save to save my life. *sigh*
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Welcome back! I'd love to see your family tree for sims 3. Me: Can't stick to a save to save my life. *sigh*

me ether
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Yeah I found it tough to always play just one family! The trick is to have a few saves just to mix things up.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Welcome back, @ShooterII.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Welcome back, @ShooterII! Hope the game eases your mind and brings you some joy. :) It's definitely been my go-to game for anxiety relief this past year.
    9d9hOnJ.png
    Thank you @Archivist,I agree, it's one of my go-to games and brings me back great memories
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Welcome back! :smiley:
    ShooterII wrote: »
    This lovely pandemic has really taken a toll on my mental health lately and I felt the need to come back to a happy place from when I was younger.

I'm unsure yet as to how active I will be on the forums, but I do feel happy about being back. The Sims 3 was one of my favourite games when I was younger and has stayed close to me even almost 12 years after launch.

Younger? I got Sims 3 when it came out and haven't aged since! :lol:

But yeah, it's nice to hop into an alternate world in the game and forget the troubles. Let's hope things will get better in 2021. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Cororon wrote: »

But yeah, it's nice to hop into an alternate world in the game and forget the troubles. Let's hope things will get better in 2021. :smile:

Haha I've certainly aged! I was 13 when the game first came out and I'll be 25 in just a few months. Definitely not the same person I was back then, but still have a deep appreciation for the game!

I can still remember my first family I played and just how awful I was at adjusting to the new UI that they ended up dying :sweat_smile:
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    ShooterII wrote: »
    Cororon wrote: »

Haha I've certainly aged! I was 13 when the game first came out and I'll be 25 in just a few months. Definitely not the same person I was back then, but still have a deep appreciation for the game!

I can still remember my first family I played and just how awful I was at adjusting to the new UI that they ended up dying :sweat_smile:

Ah! Yeah, that makes sense. I was in my 20's when Sims 3 came out, so I had already stopped gro... aging by then. :innocent: Now it's all about gaining experience, and still not aging.

And mhm, it took me a while too to adjust to Sims 3. :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Welcome back @ShooterII :) I hope the game is bringing the comfort you seek. I have been on a longish break (few months because my sister bought me a Switch and Animal Crossing for my birthday) but did dip my toe back in very recently. TS3 has been a great way for me to chill over the years and I know it will in the future as well.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Welcome back @ShooterII :) I hope the game is bringing the comfort you seek. I have been on a longish break (few months because my sister bought me a Switch and Animal Crossing for my birthday) but did dip my toe back in very recently. TS3 has been a great way for me to chill over the years and I know it will in the future as well.

Happy belated birthday! I haven't played Animal Crossing, but I've heard it's very good.

By the way, I absolutely love the guys in your signature, their skin looks so realistic!
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited January 2021
    @ShooterII Thank you :) I am enjoying Animal Crossing a little too much methinks ;) My sister and I are both elderly but we often call each other to talk about new things we have done in the game and visit each other's islands to share things - never too old for games I guess :p

Thanks also for the comment about my boys :) I use Mango Smoothie on most of my sims and a little shading makeup as well. Here's a closer look at the boys in my siggie so you can better see the skin.

45594722892_553129f940_o.jpg
    49699154727_a534786acc_o.jpg
    48679824608_85b6811741_o.jpg
    @Mikezumi Love it! There's never an age limit for video games, you're right!

And thank you for the link, I may just use it for some sims in the future!
  • tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    im glad to see youre back :)
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤