The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

lock please old thread

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
I am beyond my wits end now.back in August, my laptop kicked the bucket or at least the keyboard did.I decided to go for a desktop
a time around, I had gotten a skytech gaming desktop, but the computer was doing funky graphic issues even upon booting it up.So I swapped it out for a second one and that one would barely even run.This time I returned the second one and went to another store and got a third one, similiar in brand just slightly different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2vc4XVoZPs&ab_channel=AutumnPeirson

I have had multiple people try to help me with this, including nvidia.
We tried:

1.getting the card recgonized.
2.Frame rate is capped at 59 - I verified this by bring up the cheat.
3.Tried V-ysnic on, V-sync off
4.Tried swapping out cords and different outlets.
5.Tried DDU in safe mode of graphics drivers.
6.Tried fullscreen, and non-full screen.
7.Nvidia had me go in and adjust some settings in the control panel.
But I don't remember what.

Dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/yrQVpWx8
Device log: https://pastebin.com/EXaeDWNH

This thing is heavy to move on my own, so I haven't brought it down to where I got it
yet, trying to avoid having to do that as I have a hard time lifting the tower.Plus I use it
for work and hate to be out of a computer for weeks.But wanted to get someone else's opinion.

Skytech seems to think its a Sims 3 issue.
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    I looked at your dxdiag and deviceConfig and I'm not seeing anything that stands out to me. I looked at the video too and the flashing is weird. Have you tried lowering some of your settings in the options just to see if it happens?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2020
    I’ll try that and see what happens.Just really weird and I’m worried if I keep playing that it will ruin my card.Still under warranty but still.. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAHhMkPxAE also does it on furniture as well
    edited December 2020
    Second video it's almost in the same spot. Wow I'm stumped. :|
    Only thing I can think of is to make sure everything is secure in the box and nothing is loose.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    It’s on beds counters etc.Nvidia trouble shooter with me but couldn’t come up with anything sky tech thinks it’s a game issue but I tried in a fresh folder.I tried lower settings last night didn’t change anything the card seems secured the good thing about this computer is the front of the tower has a glass door that opens up making it very easy to access the parts.I even cleaned out all the dust.There’s one cord that is hanging but sky tech said if the cord was needed it wouldn’t turn on
    Well I'm at a loss then. I'm not seeing any issue with anything on your dxdiag that would stand out. The card's drivers are up to date and recognized on the deviceConfig log. I'm assuming you've gone into the Nvidia Control Panel already since you said you talked to Nvidia support.

This is a longshot, but have you tried a different monitor?
    @blunote00
    I actually was wondering if it could be the monitor.But I wasn't sure if a monitor
    would cause flickering or not.
    It is a cheap gaming monitor. Quality is terrible on it.I do really
    hate this monitor. Hoping to get one for XMAS.If I do, I'll try a new one.
    Thanks for the suggestions =) It really is a mystery.
    edited December 2020
    @GraceyManor
    I looked at that too and the monitor you have appears to be connected properly, but you never know. Since I didn't see anything with the other hardware the monitor was the only other thing I could think of. I hope you can get it sorted so you can play your game in peace.

Best of luck. :D
    I just got a new monitor and it wasn't that either, as its still doing it.At least the colors look nicer.XD
    I just got a new monitor and it wasn't that either, as its still doing it.At least the colors look nicer.XD
    @GraceyManor
    Well it looks like I'm out of ideas. :/
    blunote00 wrote: »
    @GraceyManor
    Well it looks like I'm out of ideas. :/

That's okay.I appreciate the insight.=)
    Maybe its just a nvidia thing.I returned the computer 3 times, so I find it hard
    to believe I'm that unlucky. :D I just ignore it, as it doesn't seem to hinder performance...
    just hoping I'm not frying the card by continuing to play.

Even the skytech folks are at a lost.They said they could send me a new graphics card, but I have to ship this one back first.
    Which means I'd have to go without my computer for a bit.