The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGBT Community Support

This is an excellent mod that I have found if you are one of us who like to have a more realistic type of game experience. CinErotique TV - Premium Adult TV channel mod I will not link to this as I do not want to run the risk of any impropriety. However, it appears that the creators are not as willing to branch into the Homosexual/BiSexual realm of this MOD until they can see that they have an interest in it.

Comments

• MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Hmm interesting.
    I was kind of hoping for a mod that explores the whole LGBT community though.
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    @Minai
    I use the LGBT Mod by PimpMySims4 and I love it so much. You can decide your sims' gender (they can be trans, pan or fluid I believe) & sexuality and give them respective traits, you can decide if you sim is in the closet (In which case you have the option to come out to other sims), and with any sim you have the option to ask them what's their sexuality.

You can organise protests and you can give lot traits (LGBT+ spot in general, Lesbian / gay / bi / trans / ... spot) and sims who you have given these respective traits to will show up. This way I made some LGBT+ bars, clubs and a spa and I'm super happy with it.
    Also you have the option to tag sims outside of that comunity as allies. (there's also the option of giving a sim the homophobic trait that the creator made for storytelling purposes)
    And I saw this mod comes with an custom aspiration but I haven't explored that yet.
    I don't see why this word would be censored smh - I meant to say the kind of person that is the opposite of ally. also kind of funny... chosing to censor that word, one could argue IS that word lol
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    mingusssss wrote: »
    I don't see why this word would be censored smh - I meant to say the kind of person that is the opposite of ally. also kind of funny... chosing to censor that word, one could argue IS that word lol

Yes. I have had an authentic name from a different region of the world be censored and I was just like...thats a bit insensitive...lol but anyway
    With the mod
    I'm really interested in downloading it for sure! I'm defintiely going to try it out.
    I wonder if something like drag queen/king shows could be added to it, or events
    Minai wrote: »
    Yes. I have had an authentic name from a different region of the world be censored and I was just like...thats a bit insensitive...lol but anyway
    With the mod
    I'm really interested in downloading it for sure! I'm defintiely going to try it out.
    I wonder if something like drag queen/king shows could be added to it, or events
    how embarrasing smh

omg, I just checked the mod page again and drag queens and kings are in fact included!!! both as a trait, and there are drag shows as goaled events! and aparently drag sims make money doing that! my dumb a$$ just never had noticed. I'm already thinking of where to build a venue for the drag shows I'm going to organise :smiley:

• JWidanka2006JWidanka2006 Posts: 34 Member

mingusssss wrote: »
    @Minai
    I use the LGBT Mod by PimpMySims4 and I love it so much. You can decide your sims' gender (they can be trans, pan or fluid I believe) & sexuality and give them respective traits, you can decide if you sim is in the closet (In which case you have the option to come out to other sims), and with any sim you have the option to ask them what's their sexuality.

You can organise protests and you can give lot traits (LGBT+ spot in general, Lesbian / gay / bi / trans / ... spot) and sims who you have given these respective traits to will show up. This way I made some LGBT+ bars, clubs and a spa and I'm super happy with it.
    Also you have the option to tag sims outside of that comunity as allies. (there's also the option of giving a sim the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ trait that the creator made for storytelling purposes)
    And I saw this mod comes with an custom aspiration but I haven't explored that yet.

I am using their mod too and love it and hope it did not break after this last patch. Wow, I nearly forgot I created this discussion lol. Anyway, I have found that without modders this game would seriously be lacking in support of the community. I also came across another modder who has a Drag mod https://konansock.tumblr.com/ask it is pretty fleshed out if you are interested.

• Vicky_chingyu1023Vicky_chingyu1023 Posts: 55 Member
    As a bi person, I have a mod to change, lock and ask about the gender preferences because the Sims tend to change their preferences to either straight or gay after playing for a while. It's more of a functional mod to edit EA's preferences than representations. https://www.patreon.com/posts/46601233
    It can be used with LGBT Mod by PimpMySims4 so I'm happy with my work. I plan to add them in CAS preferences in the next update.
  • JWidanka2006JWidanka2006 Posts: 34 Member
    As a bi person, I have a mod to change, lock and ask about the gender preferences because the Sims tend to change their preferences to either straight or gay after playing for a while. It's more of a functional mod to edit EA's preferences than representations. https://www.patreon.com/posts/46601233
    It can be used with LGBT Mod by PimpMySims4 so I'm happy with my work. I plan to add them in CAS preferences in the next update.

I already have and use your mods in my game. Love the work you do btw.