Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Country Lifestyle pack instead of Farming?

2...Next

Comments

• smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Yeah I would like a general countryside themed pack like this, including farming but also more generic things.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I will ONLY accept a farming pack if it has both horses AND most importantly, unicorns. No unicorns no buying.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yes, However More of a Farm Living Expansion, I want more of A Italian/Greek motif, Not so much the Mid/southern country American motif, But... still could play a big part.
    I see the pack on the same Level as Get Together.

I basically Have it all Planned Out My farming Families their castle is Built on a 64x64 lot, in the center of the farm. The Orchards and Vineyards surrounding it. One Lot for the Cow Stables, and another for the Pig Stables.
    The Hoggarth Family Well known for Centuries of Vintages. The Kingdom Looks to Hoggarth Castle, and Hoggarth Farms for Protection and as a vital Food Source. Their seasonal Events Harvest are highly anticipated by the Kingdom.

Focused Life State/(Pets): Pigs, Cows, Horses
    World: Tuscany (Windenburg Status) Mostly country side, Rolling Hills, Large plains.

New Growable/Harvestable Plants:
    Wheat
    Sugar
    Corn
    Pumpkins
    Oranges
    Blueberries
    Raspberries
    Nuts
    Olives

New Key Objects (Mainly make mass harvesting worth it. Stuff like "80 Grapes are required to use a grape press and start making wine; 80 Wheat to start making Ale.)
    Grape Press
    Distillery
    Ale/Nectar Kegs (Storage container)
    Hay beds, couches.
    Hay stacks & Bales (Craftable Using wheat)

New Skills & Hobbies
    Wrestling
    Hog Wrestling (Pigs)/Pig Calling
    Cow Herding/Milking
    Horse Taming & Bull Riding
    Wine/Nectar Making
    Beer/Ale Making
    Customizable, Nameable, Tappable, Refillable, Sellable & Serve-able in restaurants.
    Pizza making

Seasons + Farm Living
    More Holiday Traditions, to make Harvest Festivals more fun

Sims could Challenge each other or groups, or participate in events like Bake offs, Eating Contests, Ale Chugging, Growing the Perfect/Largest Crop, Flower Arrangements, Bobbing For Apples.

Realm of Magic + Farm Living/Cats & Dogs
    Tome of Beasts -a Book that can teach spell casters a new spell how to sentence Humans to new life as an animal: Pig, Cow, Horse, Cat or Dog.

Vampires + Farm Living
    Vampires can leech off Cows and Pigs.

Dine Out + Farm Living
    Supply Restaurants with nectar & Ale
    Serve your Nectar and Ale at Restaurants

Get to Work + Farm Living
    Market/Grocery Store.

I want a Medieval Living expansion Pack, But this pack shouldn't be it.
    A medieval Living Pack I would want another World that's More Scottish, English, French.
    Mainly Castle Living, Monarchy, and Feudalism But these two packs would meld together along with Get Together.

Ever Since we Got Knight's Armor, Get Famous Brought Swordplay Acting, I want Knight's Now more than ever!
    My Mages are basically Stabilized Although My Knights have farming, and For now reside on the country side of Windenburg, and that's why I want to Move them and they Could have this Tuscany world/region. They are responsible to feed the kingdom, the army, and provide Mages with Ingredients.

The Navy has Brindleton and oversee Fishing would Provide the Aquatic Ingredients.

So now, I want the mages to be able to repay their debt. on the same level as Farming, I also want Mining, and Blacksmithing. I kind of wish Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow, or Mount Komorebi and Granite Falls was more of that Earthy Quarry type world. Instead it's Oasis Springs... But I don't want a desert world. Anyway it would be cool to have like this Northern, Mountainous world, Where you can climb snowy mountains and delve into caves, and Mine for Stones and Metals Diamonds, Emeralds, Rubies, Sapphires, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Platinum, Orichalcum. and then Forge what you find, into weapons, like Swords, Maces, Hammers, Axes For Knights and mages can keep them for magical enchantments, and other ingredients. I definitely Want a World that can do that.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Country Style food and Drinks (Grits, Biscuits & Gravy, Sweet Tea, etc.)
    What the heck?
    Grit? Who the heck want's to eat that?

How about some proper country style food, like cottage pie, scones, hearty soups, and yeasty brews made from barley and hops?
    Or some Aussie country style food, like damper, roo tail, billy tea, and trucker scones?

Do you ever eat Cream of Wheat? That's pretty darn close to grits. Why not bangers and mash? Why not possum stew? We don't have to like what our Sims eat, only they have to like it. LOL I would love to see Journey Cakes, or hoe cakes (which are pretty much the same thing). I'll take either idea. I just want farming (the old fashioned way, as one game save is set in the 18th century colonial America) and that would enhance my immersion-factor.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If farming happens, we need barley, and from barley comes malt, and from malt comes mated milk, and yeasty brew!
    And as a by-product of yeasty brew, comes yeasty spread, for on toast. IT's that black, tar-like stuff that us Aussies, Brits, and Kiwis might have for breakfast. (Vegemite, marmite, promite, Guinness yeast extract, cenovis, etc)

And we'd need a public house at which to drink our yeasty brew.

Country Style food and Drinks (Grits, Biscuits & Gravy, Sweet Tea, etc.)
    What the heck?
    Grit? Who the heck want's to eat that?

How about some proper country style food, like cottage pie, scones, hearty soups, and yeasty brews made from barley and hops?
    Or some Aussie country style food, like damper, roo tail, billy tea, and trucker scones?

Do you ever eat Cream of Wheat?
    What?
    I've had bread of wheat, and cream of cow.

Why not bangers and mash?
    I do have opinions on that, perhaps for a stuff pack, but not relating to farming.
    I think we need a bunch of dishes that sims can cook, but their cooking skill will not raise above one or 2 if they cook them.
    Bangers and mash is one of those dishes. :p

Why not possum stew?
    Why not bbq rat?

We don't have to like what our Sims eat, only they have to like it. LOL I would love to see Journey Cakes, or hoe cakes (which are pretty much the same thing).
    Why not ships biscuit?
    I just want farming (the old fashioned way, as one game save is set in the 18th century colonial America) and that would enhance my immersion-factor.
    Then I guess you're pro barley growing.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    If they do farming I hope it's more of a small scale to provide sustenance for a household rather than industrial farming. I also would like more equipment where you don't have to sit near it until the action ends, like the fizzy juice machine. Would have liked it more if it was possible to upgrade it and add more inventory items to it to process everything in a single large batch instead of several small ones, especially with how large that machinery is.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Yes to all of this, especially the COUNTRY FAIR! My best childhood memories involve going to the fair. Sims could enter harvestables, bouquets, baked goods, and artistic creations to win prizes! Not only could there be horse shows and livestock competitions, but the pet show aspect of Cats&Dogs could be used for herding dog trials. Plus all the fair food--fried dough, bloomin' onions, roasted nuts--!

I also would really like another rural neighborhood in the Sims 4. Cats&Dogs gave us the New England seaside, but it would be nice to have something more in the vein of Kansas farmland.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I want to take care of animals but I want off screen slaughter to be a thing. I don't want to keep the same animals. I want them to feed my sims or sell at a farmers market. I want a reason to breed the animals.

I also want chopping wood to be a thing for possibly a wood stove and fireplace.

IRL, I live on a little homestead where we raise goats and poultry and the odd pig now and then. Though my goats are processed on site by an acquaintance of ours, we usually send our pigs off to butchered--so if processing ends up being a thing in game, I'm sure the option would be you click something to send the animal off, and then a day or two later your sim travels off lot to pick up the meat. No need for on-screen processing.

Also, huge yes to chopping wood! And more fireplaces and woodstoves. Plus, around where I live it's kind of a tradition to pile firewood into fancy stacks, so it would be cool to be able to place different kind of woodstacks, even if they were just decoration.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I want to take care of animals but I want off screen slaughter to be a thing. I don't want to keep the same animals. I want them to feed my sims or sell at a farmers market. I want a reason to breed the animals.

I also want chopping wood to be a thing for possibly a wood stove and fireplace.

IRL, I live on a little homestead where we raise goats and poultry and the odd pig now and then. Though my goats are processed on site by an acquaintance of ours, we usually send our pigs off to butchered--so if processing ends up being a thing in game, I'm sure the option would be you click something to send the animal off, and then a day or two later your sim travels off lot to pick up the meat. No need for on-screen processing.

Also, huge yes to chopping wood! And more fireplaces and woodstoves. Plus, around where I live it's kind of a tradition to pile firewood into fancy stacks, so it would be cool to be able to place different kind of woodstacks, even if they were just decoration.

I think it would be nice if we could chop down dead fruit trees and use them as fire wood instead of throwing them in the garbage. For animals, we could probably send them in the mailbox, or a sim could show up to pick them up, and then we could decide what sort of products we want to receive back in the mail, meat, steak, sausages, leather/fur skin, etc.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Chopping dead fruit trees into firewood is a nice touch. I agree, it is common practice to chop firewood in preparation for winter. We also use a lot of wood from fruit trees to smoke meats. We have an old wood burning stove. It would be nice to have a wider variety of fireplaces, including two way fireplaces that can be used to divide two rooms. One of the houses I was looking to rent had a two way fireplace between the dining room and living room, so you could enjoy the fire while eating dinner or cuddled up on the couch.

I agree that processing meat should be handled off screen. It makes sense to me to have the option for the processed items to be delivered to your household or for you to be able to go to a local market. A lot of this is wishful thinking, but I do want a country market. We buy a lot of our meat and cheese from a country store that is supplied by a local farm.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm one of the people waiting for this theme. I always thought it would come with a general country lifestyle, like the opposite of City Living. I'm interested in the farming but it's not like I'd want farming without other aspects of the pack. It would have that type of world with sprawling landscapes, maybe a small town or village and crops at least in some format. Of course, I'd want animals. I want horses and would also be interested in other farm animals. For myself, I'd be fine with getting products like milk, cheese, butter, eggs and wine.

I'm quirky because I'm familiar with American countryside and British countryside. I'd take either but Windenburg can pass as British country (I know it's more German). Glimmerbrook can be a village. Currently, there's nothing for the American style but I could take either, both or something different.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2021
    There are so many awesome ideas in this thread! I would also like horses in Sims 4

Also I would like an American, Italian Vineyard or Australian farming world since we already have a Northern European country world: Windenburg and its Windslar neighborhood.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    To the OP, that's exactly the type of expansion I've always envisioned with a "farming" pack. I don't want just crops to grow, we have plenty of gardening already. I need animals to raise and tend to ..... cows for milk, butter, cream, etc., chickens for eggs, goats and sheep for wool for yarn, horses to ride and compete, country fairs, farm markets, etc. I need it all!
    I will ONLY accept a farming pack if it has both horses AND most importantly, unicorns. No unicorns no buying.

I want a spellcaster with a unicorn familiar now...
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I hate the country lol!!! but I do have Sims who are country so I wouldn't mind chicken and cows and goats and rooster and pigs. I would love to have a country fair with who can make the best pie, pie eating contest, the biggest vegetable idk. Just something fun with a hoe and line dancing and we can have a farmers market for fruit and vegetables and produce and preserves not just for the country but all the sims in the world can come and buy.

Also to me that is country is the wild west with the saloon and mixed in with like the little house on the prairie.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I hate the country lol!!!
    Which country?
    Also to me that is country is the wild west with the saloon and mixed in with like the little house on the prairie.
    Sounds like you're talking about that awful genre of music.

To me, country is the opposite of city. It's rural, sparsely populated. You're not going to have people walking past your gate every few minutes. In dry regions it's dusty, and in wet regions it's muddy. Paving is rare, be it roads, or paths.
    In wet regions everything other than the mud, tends to be green, be it grass, trees, or the moss growing on walls and roofs.
    In dry regions everything is brown or grey. Brown grass, brown dirt, grey dead trees. And tumble weed.

This is country:
    7b.jpg

This is country too:
    australian-farm.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    - Cotton plant and update to Knifty Knitting SP: spin yarn
    edited February 2021
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I hate the country lol!!!
    Which country?
    Sounds like you're talking about that awful genre of music.

To me, country is the opposite of city. It's rural, sparsely populated. You're not going to have people walking past your gate every few minutes. In dry regions it's dusty, and in wet regions it's muddy. Paving is rare, be it roads, or paths.
    In wet regions everything other than the mud, tends to be green, be it grass, trees, or the moss growing on walls and roofs.
    In dry regions everything is brown or grey. Brown grass, brown dirt, grey dead trees. And tumble weed.

This is country:
    7b.jpg

This is country too:
    australian-farm.jpg

Exactly, I said what I said I hate the country.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love a Country Lifestyle Pack that was like:
    Little House on the Prairie
    Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman
    Pocahontas New World
    Outlander
    Bonanza
    Lone Ranger
    Jane, Plain & Tall
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'ld like to have a country pack because it would be easier to set an historical save. Considering that it'ld have this kind of 'sparsely populated' world and activities that could have been held in the past centuries...
    I really hope that if this pack comes it isn't too focused in technology. Although i'ld be ok with a few items. Just please don't make them inevitable...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so want the pack to be more of an Historical pack too. Also, to be able to disable phones & bring back newspapers & letter writing in Sims 4.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would love a Country Lifestyle Pack that was like:
    Little House on the Prairie
    Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman
    Pocahontas New World
    Outlander
    Bonanza
    Lone Ranger
    Jane, Plain & Tall

Haha you forgot Big Valley lol.