Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Pack Dev Blog Part 1

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Now that we have the Scared emotion, will we be able to paint while scared? Or write scared books?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Welcome back to forums @SimGuruConor. I have a feeling formerly Koffee will enjoy this pack since this is right up her alley. The doll really reminds me of Coraline movie. I am very excited about the patch since been wanting a fear emotion for awhile to balance emotions out a bit more like this.
    inside_out_emotions-03.png

I do have a few questions. Will the fear emotion effect toddlers and children too? Will there be ghost babies added with the pack? Will there be new ghost types and powers and ways to resurrect ghosts?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Thank you for the dev blog simGuruConor, the work you are doing is impressive. You are adding features that people have been asking about for years.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Please, please, please tell me you won’t be “tuning down” aka nerfing the best features of this pack in a patch like a month later in an effort to appease those who only buy it for furniture and clothing, pretty pretty pleeeeeeeeeeease![\b]

Seriously
    giphy.gif

• EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    This looks and sounds really promising! I can't wait to play with it. I love that flickering lights are a thing in this pack.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I am looking forward to this pack.
    Gonna make some brothers, Dam and Sean, paranormal instigator types...
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • HallgerdHallgerd Posts: 43 Member
    Very interesting information, but I have one request. I would love to add a house for rent to the "haunted" lot type in some renovation. After all, such a house is perfect for a holiday in Forgotten Hollow.
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    This might be the best SP
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    i cant wait for part 2 of the blog :)
  • Banana_Bread_Banana_Bread_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Is the scared emotion part of the pack or gonna be included in the base game? if not base it just won't make any sense due to the wide range of events/items that can cause someone to become scared like lightning (Seasons). Tense emotion nor sad emotion is just overused and doesn't fit in some scenarios but I love the look of the pack either way. :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Is the scared emotion part of the pack or gonna be included in the base game? if not base it just won't make any sense due to the wide range of events/items that can cause someone to become scared like lightning (Seasons). Tense emotion nor sad emotion is just overused and doesn't fit in some scenarios but I love the look of the pack either way. :)

It's gonna be base game. It'll come in the patch.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @SimGuruConor Thank you! You have obviously put a lot of your time and talent into this pack and it looks like great fun!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Hallgerd wrote: »
    Very interesting information, but I have one request. I would love to add a house for rent to the "haunted" lot type in some renovation. After all, such a house is perfect for a holiday in Forgotten Hollow.

Haunted rental and Haunted generic would really open up story opportunities. Residential only is very restricting. Please consider extending this to rental or generic or both!
  • surkatsurkat Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm so excited about this pack!! Thank you for the more in depth info! <3
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    I do have a few questions. Will the fear emotion effect toddlers and children too? Will there be ghost babies added with the pack? Will there be new ghost types and powers and ways to resurrect ghosts?

@Scobre I don't know about toddlers, or all the other questions, but the sim that SimGuruConor used to show off the fear emotion on Twitter appears to be a child.

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Please, please, please tell me you won’t be “tuning down” aka nerfing the best features of this pack in a patch like a month later in an effort to appease those who only buy it for furniture and clothing, pretty pretty pleeeeeeeeeeease![\b]
    I do so agree with Pamtastic72, never ever destroy packs like this again!
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Hallgerd wrote: »

Haunted rental and Haunted generic would really open up story opportunities. Residential only is very restricting. Please consider extending this to rental or generic or both!

Yep, I've always wanted Von Haunt estate to have some detrimental effects on visiting sims.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member

Why would they need to do that when players who don't like the haunted house can just change the lot type?

Why would they build a pack called Vampires and then tune out everything that makes vampires behave like vampires? Because, some people bought a pack entitled Vampires and then complained that vampires were in their game doing vampire things, because they only wanted the furniture and clothes. Now you literally have to force your vampire sims to behave like vampires and the pack isn’t nearly as much fun as it was at release.

Well, it would be helpful if they (maxis) wouldn't lock furnitures and clothes from the very desired 19th century behind only one pack and if they could at least offer more alternatives for these realistic players or give them their own gamepack (but this will never happen). Players, who want to play their storylines in older centuries have from the beginning a very hard time, since sims game is set in the modern times. It's very immersion-breaking and annoying when juvenile sims in victorian or medival cc-clothes checked their smartphones and make selfies autonomously always.

Oh, wait, I forgot ... dlc for a dlc is hated by the most players too. But yeah, it's easy to blame them when they had only this one cc-free alternative.

No offense, I understand what you mean and I hope your wish will come true.
    edited January 2021
    Daravi wrote: »
    Players, who want to play their storylines in older centuries have from the beginning a very hard time, since sims game is set in the modern times. It's very immersion-breaking and annoying when juvenile sims in victorian or medival cc-clothes checked their smartphones and make selfies autonomously always.

Oh, wait, I forgot ... dlc for a dlc is hated by the most players too. But yeah, it's easy to blame them when they had only this one cc-free alternative.

No offense, I understand what you mean and I hope your wish will come true.

I would like more assets to help playing previous centurys and the ability to turn off phones too. However. Humans in the past have always been superstitious. The ancient vampire myths came about because people genuinely believed that their relatives corpses were coming alive and killing them or spreading disease. Vampires are an AID to more accurately depicting life in earlier centuries :p
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

I don't recall mages getting 'nerfed'
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I wish we could turn off our phones. It doesn't have to be automatic but for pity's sake, you can turn off your phone in real life so could we not get phone calls inviting us to go to parties all the time when we've decided that we're spending some time devoted to work or are sneaking around in Strangerville?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2021
    Making this user directed only would simply turn the option off for those who WANT IT.
    Non-native speaker here and I do not understand what you mean. Making "Scream incoherently" user-directed would turn off what exactly?
    With autonomy off you would be able to direct them still.
    That's exactly what I wanted to know: If I turn off autonomy, can I direct my sims to scream incoherently or not. You seem to imply I can, but I'm not so certain.

In Parenthood sims "Ask for Advice" autonomously if autonomy is on. If autonomy is off, they do not do that, but we also do not get the option to have our children "Ask for advice" user directed. As a result, because of my playstyle I'm missing out on a major feature of the pack, what isn't fair. (I got a mod that takes care of this, but if that ever breaks...).

That's why my suggestion to make "Scream incoherently" user-directed (if it isn't already, of course). It wouldn't change anything for autonomy-on players, their sims would still act on their own free will and you would simply ignore the "Scream incoherently" in the pie menu. But it would be there for me so that I could get the same fun you are getting and not get punished for a legit playstyle that's supported in the game options.
    Autonomy options exist for those who don't want their sims to do anything.
    Exactly. This is why I asked whether my non-autonomous sims will scream incoherently and run around or not. It wouldn't be the first time, there was a big issue with Eco Lifestsle where NAPs caused no-autonomy sims to act autonomously. This is fixed now, but while it lasted it made the game unplayable for me, so I'm still burned once, twice shy.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I think screaming incoherently is a 'side effect' your sim may do it automatically even if you have autonomy off
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    Making this user directed only would simply turn the option off for those who WANT IT.
    Non-native speaker here and I do not understand what you mean. Making "Scream incoherently" user-directed would turn off what exactly?
    With autonomy off you would be able to direct them still.
    That's exactly what I wanted to know: If I turn off autonomy, can I direct my sims to scream incoherently or not. You seem to imply I can, but I'm not so certain.

In Parenthood sims "Ask for Advice" autonomously if autonomy is on. If autonomy is off, they do not do that, but we also do not get the option to have our children "Ask for advice" user directed. As a result, because of my playstyle I'm missing out on a major feature of the pack, what isn't fair. (I got a mod that takes care of this, but if that ever breaks...).

That's why my suggestion to make "Scream incoherently" user-directed (if it isn't already, of course). It wouldn't change anything for autonomy-on players, their sims would still act on their own free will and you would simply ignore the "Scream incoherently" in the pie menu. But it would be there for me so that I could get the same fun you are getting and not get punished for a legit playstyle that's supported in the game options.
    Autonomy options exist for those who don't want their sims to do anything.
    Exactly. This is why I asked whether my non-autonomous sims will scream incoherently and run around or not. It wouldn't be the first time, there was a big issue with Eco Lifestsle where NAPs caused no-autonomy sims to act autonomously. This is fixed now, but while it lasted it made the game unplayable for me, so I'm still burned once, twice shy.

Your original request was phrased in such a way that it sounds like you want 'scream incoherently' to only be available if user directed and only then. Reading this post though, I think you want it added as well being autonomous? That seems like something which would be useful for many players. So long as it's still autonomous. Along with the cowering on the floor which we know now is a thing too.
  • TinyWhiteThangTinyWhiteThang Posts: 15 Member
    why cant we just have brave as a cas trait...