Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My no death by fear rant

What's the point of adding fear if it's a pointless emotion with no consequences? So that sim is scared of my vampire, big deal. If my vampire wants to kill a sim with emotion he's going to have to.. humiliate them to death or worse, make them laugh to death? Really? Big bad scary vampire that just drank the plasma of your friend and he can't scare you to death?

I want to lock sims in a Haunted House and cause mass hysteria. I want all the badly dressed townies and those awful intruding celebrities suffering until the terror becomes too much.

Death by every common emotion except fear makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Hope you weren't expecting a reasoned argument when you opened this thread. I needed to just get this off my chest.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    If it helps any (and I agree, scared to death should be a thing) GrimSuruDoi did say, while otherwise sidestepping the question on his stream because he didn't have a lot to do with the pack so he didn't know, that just because it doesn't exist yet doesn't mean it will never happen. It could be added later.

But yeah, rant away. Scared to death should be a thing and hopefully, they'll add it soon.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    If it helps any (and I agree, scared to death should be a thing) GrimSuruDoi did say, while otherwise sidestepping the question on his stream because he didn't have a lot to do with the pack so he didn't know, that just because it doesn't exist yet doesn't mean it will never happen. It could be added later.

But yeah, rant away. Scared to death should be a thing and hopefully, they'll add it soon.

I hope more people want it and voice that. It won't be added later if they don't think any one wants it. The guru's all changed their names to Grim Something? I do enjoy how much they seem to be into this pack.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I hope more people want it and voice that. It won't be added later if they don't think any one wants it. The guru's all changed their names to Grim Something? I do enjoy how much they seem to be into this pack.

No change. GrimSuruDoi's always been GrimSuruDoi because he likes being weird like that. (And his Crossword Streams are all on his own time)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    You can Woo Hoo to death (Heckaroonies, Guidry in the trailer is a Flirt Ghost) but you can't be scared to death.

What's that T rating for if not all the ways you can get killed?
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    I agree, Sims should be able to die by fear. I was planning to turn every house in the game into a haunted house, and if they do add death by fear it will just make it much better.
    Hopefully they keep working on this scared emotion, it would benefit their future packs with occult themes after all.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I was hoping that sims would die from fear too. But oh well, let's hope they will add it later.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I agree that this is a big, fat bummer. And I am not a player that likes to kill Sims, but I would enjoy if death was not so incredibly unlikely. I remember how hard it was for me to even see one Sim die from the Tiny Living Murphy bed. Anyway, 'scared to death' should be a thing. It is exactly the weird, quirky thing I would have expected, perhaps even with the Sim's hair turning white right before they die.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    I agree but I have a feeling it might be added later! Maybe they didn't have time? I'm sure they realize how weird it is to die of laughter and not fright lol. And I'm sure they talked this over. So there must be a reason....
    I don't personally care I never kill sims and I do everything to prevent their death. But I can understand how you and others would want this! Hope they add it!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I agree, I am extremely disappointed that Sims can't be scared to death. I was really hoping they could. I remember when I first started playing this game my Sim died of mortification but I haven't seen that happen in a long time. We need some ways our Sims can die and being scared to death would have been great. Please consider adding this in the future.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I agree that this is a big, fat bummer. And I am not a player that likes to kill Sims, but I would enjoy if death was not so incredibly unlikely. I remember how hard it was for me to even see one Sim die from the Tiny Living Murphy bed. Anyway, 'scared to death' should be a thing. It is exactly the weird, quirky thing I would have expected, perhaps even with the Sim's hair turning white right before they die.

OMG I love this idea of hair turning white too. Please add this also, great idea.
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »

OMG I love this idea of hair turning white too. Please add this also, great idea.

Have to second this, their hair turning white is just the type of kooky thing I would expect.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Ooh I like a good rant thread me 😊, why not have death by fear if we have death by laughing and embarrassment or anger, if you sims pee themselves they die, if they find a joke a little too funny they die 🤣, but they dont die by fright ? Why ?
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    It's the emotion that it makes sense that you can die from. All the others are just so silly but fear, yes that makes more sense!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    We had death by fright in the Sims 2, so I hope they could perhaps add it for an anniversary gift in the future! Or perhaps they could give us the Grim Reaper Freelance Career as a free update Halloween gift, and add in death by fright into that update as well!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    I have all emotional deaths disabled anyway, but that would of made sense indeed.

Tho, I would most likely turned that one off too, I still remember my first Asylum-challenge in TS2, after first "inmate" died, and her ghost spawned, it took max 5days and challenge over :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    Not being scared to death is ridiculous.
    What they have done to Bonehilda is ridiculous too.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Lobbying for a death type that actual exists in our world.. does this make me a realism player?

@Ellupelluellu That sounds like it was fun in TS2. I did it in TS4 and it was mostly just tedious with the ghosts breaking every thing all the time. Failing it whilst watching my house run round screaming in fright before dying would have been a lot more interesting than all the failure to take care of themselves deaths!

@MidnightAura It seems like having Bonehilda is tied to the Medium skill and she has to be summoned with the table? From what I remember of TS3 she used to pop out of her coffin on her own when some thing needed doing, am I remembering that right? It does seem like this might be a bit more tedious. I understand they probably want to do thing's differently to shake things up when they add things from previous games. Some things are sacred and shouldn't be touched imo.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Bonehilda (as far back as sims 1) lives in her coffin, it’s her home. My sims 3 Bonehilda raided the bar every day but in her defence she was a maid in a student dorm who can blame her? :D

She can’t be moved in, so what she’s a recycled skeleton from jungle Adventure? I’m very disappointed.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    So lemme get this straight, my sims can die by laughing too dang hard...but being scared to death isnt an option?

230114_908223010.png

Who is legit making these decisions and why?

Modders, ONCE AGAIN you know what to do.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Lobbying for a death type that actual exists in our world.. does this make me a realism player?

@Ellupelluellu That sounds like it was fun in TS2. I did it in TS4 and it was mostly just tedious with the ghosts breaking every thing all the time. Failing it whilst watching my house run round screaming in fright before dying would have been a lot more interesting than all the failure to take care of themselves deaths!

@MidnightAura It seems like having Bonehilda is tied to the Medium skill and she has to be summoned with the table? From what I remember of TS3 she used to pop out of her coffin on her own when some thing needed doing, am I remembering that right? It does seem like this might be a bit more tedious. I understand they probably want to do thing's differently to shake things up when they add things from previous games. Some things are sacred and shouldn't be touched imo.

We can do the woohoo with her this time around, though! That wasn't allowed in past games :open_mouth:
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I agree it should be a thing. Hopefully it will be added.

Sims never die randomly in my game. I wash shocked (pun... I guess intended?) when Ekram Elderberry actually died when I had him repair the fridge. But only because I didn't even check if he cancelled the first time due to autonomy issues or had been shocked already. Most deaths have been of old age or I had to work at them.
  • Options

I am very happy that my sims victims neighbours will be able to show the correct reaction to frightening situations. The infectious screaming sounds hilarious and I can't wait to crank up my sound and enjoy it. But please! Don't leave it as a job done. Vampires need their emotional trait updated to induce fear, (if you haven't already) and death by terror needs to be added. Scared - very scared - terrified - death with a sim screaming, hair turning white and collapsing dramatically on the floor. Bring the chance of fear coming to it's very real conclusion.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    The only emotional deaths that currently make sense in this game is death by anger and sadness. I pretend the anger one is a heart attack and sadness just makes sense. Fright would make sense too since I imagine being scared too much would stop a sims heart.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Aeroprincess87 Sims can’t die from sadness; just anger, laughter/playfulness and embarrassment.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Definitely on board for death by fright. This needs to be a thing, even if it's a small chance and requires an extended or enhanced scared buff.

I love the hair turning white idea, with the Sim frozen in place and trembling. They pee themselves, seize up, and collapse. It would be beautiful. <3
    #Team Occult