Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food Fight Mafia Game (Town Win!)

Comments

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Is Frenchy hot right now? As if he'd just gotten out of a deep fryer?

Before the second part I would've said "Ask Bella, she probably knows better than me". Now with the second part, I can say yeah, kinda. It's warmer today than most of last week, and having my computer in a room with not much air circulation creates some heat.

So you and Bella live in the same town and know each other in rl?

Not yet. However, she knows what I look like, so that's why. :tongue:

🥰

Speaking of which, where is Bella? I don't think we've heard from her

I think she posted once last night.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,587 Member
    Okay, since no one seems to care that Frenchy has one vote, it either means he's not scum, or he's scum with Bella.

And I really don't like "we should not do day 1 vote as it more likely favors mafia". 🙄 We've been over this and I know Luv is new and all... Yeah, maybe it does favor mafia if we miselim, but we also get more info and also what is the point of keeping townies that could be useless to town later on anyways? Mafia are probably just gonna use that as an elim bait.

I was like you guys too when I started out playing mafia thinking that we should all just no eliminate, but as I get more and more experience, I find that elimination on day 1 is better. Or at least just voting. As this will help us see who the mafia could be, whether they try to bus their buddy or try to get rid of a townie on day 1, etc etc.

But anyways since none of y'all haven't even voted anything at all, at this point I don't know anymore cuz this is not helping at all, other than my assumption above about Frenchy and Bella.

Unvote: Frenchy

Looking at French's post, I think he's leaning town. I'm probably gonna vote Bella by the end of the day if she doesn't come on. Or someone else who starts to be suspicious.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Okay, since no one seems to care that Frenchy has one vote, it either means he's not scum, or he's scum with Bella.

And I really don't like "we should not do day 1 vote as it more likely favors mafia". 🙄 We've been over this and I know Luv is new and all... Yeah, maybe it does favor mafia if we miselim, but we also get more info and also what is the point of keeping townies that could be useless to town later on anyways? Mafia are probably just gonna use that as an elim bait.

I was like you guys too when I started out playing mafia thinking that we should all just no eliminate, but as I get more and more experience, I find that elimination on day 1 is better. Or at least just voting. As this will help us see who the mafia could be, whether they try to bus their buddy or try to get rid of a townie on day 1, etc etc.

But anyways since none of y'all haven't even voted anything at all, at this point I don't know anymore cuz this is not helping at all, other than my assumption above about Frenchy and Bella.

Looking at French's post, I think he's leaning town. I'm probably gonna vote Bella by the end of the day if she doesn't come on. Or someone else who starts to be suspicious.

I'm shocked at your logic, DeKay. No townie is "useless to town" even if all they are is added numbers and one more round of town not being done for. Even as passive cannon fodder, every townie life counts.

It's not worth executing a Townie just for "information" if the likelihood is greatest, that the only information you're going to get, is that a townie got killed, postmortem. We'll get information after 2 townies get killed by mafia and our chances were better of at least one of them not being an investigative or power role, especially if we don't knife a buddy in the dark.

I know a 24-hour cycle can make it feel boring if we don't lynch on Day 1, but lynching on Day 1 only benefits mafia unless we have better information. Which we stand to gain overnight, without the highest risk in the game, of offing one of our own.

It's not worth throwing mafia an extra bone at this point. We'll get our information if we but lie low and survive longer. Time is mafia's enemy, but town's friend.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I respect your opinion DeKay and support whatever decision you make. If you say we should vote somebody out on D1 then that's what I'll do.
    Much as I luv DeKay, I'm not budging. I'm a stubborn PITA. Besides, DeKay can as easily be mafia as anyone else. Yes, she's an awesome player, but that doesn't mean she's town.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    We'll probably know after N1 whether or not DeKay is town.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I have to do office hours in a while, so I'll just throw my vote in. It doesn't seem like anyone is keen on eliminating anyone, and as much as I usually don't like to do this, I do think we can afford to this time, so

Vote: No Elim
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Maybe. Maybe not. She's wicked good. Equal parts wicked, and good! (that's a compliment, dear DeKay)

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I'll do the same since my mind is made up on this: nobody sticks out as sus enough for me to feel confident it won't be a mislynch, and our chances of mislynch are highest D1 and go down each round. It does make for a tedious first round, but it's in town's best interest by the sheer numbers.

Vote: no elim

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I have a strong feeling that Nush is town. Mafia wouldn't be advocating a no elim unless they are using reverse psychology on us. I don't think that is the case.

It is possible that Icey is mafia and threw out a no elim vote to throw us off. I'll leave that up to DeKay to decipher as that's what she does best. :)

Other than that, I have no sus on anybody.

I'm shocked at your logic, DeKay. No townie is "useless to town" even if all they are is added numbers and one more round of town not being done for. Even as passive cannon fodder, every townie life counts.

It's not worth executing a Townie just for "information" if the likelihood is greatest, that the only information you're going to get, is that a townie got killed, postmortem. We'll get information after 2 townies get killed by mafia and our chances were better of at least one of them not being an investigative or power role, especially if we don't knife a buddy in the dark.

I know a 24-hour cycle can make it feel boring if we don't lynch on Day 1, but lynching on Day 1 only benefits mafia unless we have better information. Which we stand to gain overnight, without the highest risk in the game, of offing one of our own.

It's not worth throwing mafia an extra bone at this point. We'll get our information if we but lie low and survive longer. Time is mafia's enemy, but town's friend.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather eliminate a problematic townie now rather than wait for later when there's a bigger chance of mafia winning during that point of time which is riskier. I don't know what you mean by two townies being killed by mafia but mafia only gets to kill one tonight, which is a good thing but we all know they're probably going to kill a more useful townie at night and we'll still be left with the problematic townies on Day 1.

I know it sounds crazy and illogical and I don't wanna argue with you cuz I really don't know how to explain it so it makes sense but this is just how I play and from my experience, it has been proven beneficial to town later on in the future days rather than a no elim, or worse, still a no vote from anyone.

I mean, if I were to be the only one voting today and that person gets elimed and if they are town, are you guys going to then start sussing me cuz I elimed a townie? Or are you then going to have to look at everyone else who didn't do anything? I guess it's understandable to be suspicious of me but just know that I do this regardless of my alignment so it doesn't mean much. And if you are going to look at other people who didn’t vote at all, then good luck cuz then it could anybody as it doesn't narrow down anything and mafia are just blended in there. 🤷‍♀️
    832XG3D.gif

You mean like after I die. 🙄
    832XG3D.gif
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Vote Count:
    DeKay votes Frenchy
    Icey votes Mouse
    Icey unvotes
    DeKay unvotes
    Icey votes No elim
    Nush votes No elim

2- No Elim (Icey, Nush)
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    What are these "problematic townies" of which you speak? *eyes narrowed in suspicion* How is any townie left alive, 'problematic' unless you're mafia?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I have to do office hours in a while, so I'll just throw my vote in. It doesn't seem like anyone is keen on eliminating anyone, and as much as I usually don't like to do this, I do think we can afford to this time, so

Vote: No Elim

Why? You really think a no elim is a good idea...?!
    832XG3D.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member

I agree with u. I prefer eliminating someone on day 1, which is weird since I never vote on day 1, but that’s just cause I’m indecisive and I don’t like voting unless I truly think someone is sus
    Okay, DeKay, you're starting to whiff sus to me now. You're way too nervous, and it makes no kind of sense to hint that not killing someone when it's most likely we'll accidentally kill a townie, is bad. And yes, as townie numbers dwindle, if mafia numbers still haven't, even chance becomes more favorable to town and even a blind vote then, has a better chance of benefiting town.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    What are these "problematic townies" of which you speak? *eyes narrowed in suspicion* How is any townie left alive, 'problematic' unless you're mafia?

Inactive townies are problematic. We heard very little from them, we get no info, mafia are probably gonna keep them around and try to cast suspicion on them, we then maybe take the bait and then vote that inactive off and if that inactive is a townie, that is problematic. And it's especially bad if mafia does all of this during a lylo, which means a day where we can't miseliminate at all or we'll lose.
    832XG3D.gif

You mean like after I die. 🙄

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I mean. :'( You got killed last game on N1. Can't say as I blame the mafia tho as you're the most dangerous player in this group imo. Gotta suck being as good at sniffing out scum as you are. Puts a big target on your back which I know you are already aware of that. :'(
    Vote Ice. I don’t want a no elimination. I’m probably going to be heavily sused for this but remember that I don’t usually vote as mafia and town so this doesn’t prove alignment.

Inactive townies are problematic. We heard very little from them, we get no info, mafia are probably gonna keep them around and try to cast suspicion on them, we then maybe take the bait and then vote that inactive off and if that inactive is a townie, that is problematic. And it's especially bad if mafia does all of this during a lylo, which means a day where we can't miseliminate at all or we'll lose.

Inactive townies are still cannon fodder, so the more townies the better. If we can keep the townies unharmed through Day 1, mafia gets a kill, but it won't be doubled by an ill-favored guess on our part. Then we come back the next day with info we can use from our power roles, and each day, better odds that even a blind shot will hit the enemy instead of a friend. So it hardly matters if a townie is active or not; they still make for a larger pool of townies that mafia has to eliminate slowly, so long as we don't help them by killing our own.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    As for info, inactive townies have no info to impart any more than the rest of us, day 1. There isn't any actionable intel. We're all shooting blind at this point unless someone says or does something really squirrely.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Are you sus of anybody DeKay?

Inactive townies are still cannon fodder, so the more townies the better. If we can keep the townies unharmed through Day 1, mafia gets a kill, but it won't be doubled by an ill-favored guess on our part. Then we come back the next day with info we can use from our power roles, and each day, better odds that even a blind shot will hit the enemy instead of a friend. So it hardly matters if a townie is active or not; they still make for a larger pool of townies that mafia has to eliminate slowly, so long as we don't help them by killing our own.

Eliminating townies is more helpful than you think. Based off how people talked to those Townies, we might be able to get more information on who’s town or mafia
    Okay, DeKay, you're starting to whiff sus to me now. You're way too nervous, and it makes no kind of sense to hint that not killing someone when it's most likely we'll accidentally kill a townie, is bad. And yes, as townie numbers dwindle, if mafia numbers still haven't, even chance becomes more favorable to town and even a blind vote then, has a better chance of benefiting town.

How am I nervous?

Also, maybe you need to stop thinking about how we're going to eliminate a townie on Day 1, like that's the only outcome on Day 1. You didn't play the previous game but I did eliminate a mafia on day 1 so it's still possible. You're always playing mafia as a game of chance when it's not totally like that.

Again, let's just agree to disagree. At this point, I don't think I can win the argument anyways since there's more 'no elimed' votes. So it doesn't even matter whether I vote or not but maybe I'll still vote just to spice things up and see what people would say. Maybe the mafia would have something to say about it too and that way, maybe I'll catch them.
    832XG3D.gif