Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    adamzaid wrote: »

ok but that hippie 70s aeshetic SOLD ME, MORE STUFF LIKE THIS PLEASEEEEEEE. also im happy bonehilda is back, love her in sims 3. overall my first impressions looks fun and i want more content like this, ik everyone wants more family content and i agree completely but i think they should add more magic and supernatural related stuff too, for example i RLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want faires and warewolves in the sims4, i love them to death in sims 3 and fairies will fit extremely well with sims 4 cartoony artstyle. considering my playstyle with sims as of late is very wild and insane im happy to see this and cant wait to turn willow creek into a huanted town cuz why not

This pack is giving me major Insidious & Annabelle vibes and i’m actually so here for it. I’m so freaking glad we are finally getting Scared as an emotion as a replacement for a lot of what used to be tense moodlets . It’s long overdue!

It gave me coraline vibes 😊 the doll, I'm soo excited!

Yes, the button eyes!! I’m so excited. I’m glad Happy Haunts actually didn’t win in the community poll because I feel this gave them more time to work out details for this pack.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

ok but that hippie 70s aeshetic SOLD ME, MORE STUFF LIKE THIS PLEASEEEEEEE. also im happy bonehilda is back, love her in sims 3. overall my first impressions looks fun and i want more content like this, ik everyone wants more family content and i agree completely but i think they should add more magic and supernatural related stuff too, for example i RLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want faires and warewolves in the sims4, i love them to death in sims 3 and fairies will fit extremely well with sims 4 cartoony artstyle. considering my playstyle with sims as of late is very wild and insane im happy to see this and cant wait to turn willow creek into a huanted town cuz why not

This pack is giving me major Insidious & Annabelle vibes and i’m actually so here for it. I’m so freaking glad we are finally getting Scared as an emotion as a replacement for a lot of what used to be tense moodlets . It’s long overdue!

Google Annabelle doll :) That's what I thought of immediately.

I seen the real Annabelle doll, it looks soo plain compared to the doll in the film I was like is that it ? When I saw it 🤣, its does look like Annabelle a little, it's like a combo of coraline with the button eyes and Annabelle
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I seen the real Annabelle doll, it looks soo plain compared to the doll in the film I was like is that it ? When I saw it 🤣, its does look like Annabelle a little, it's like a combo of coraline with the button eyes and Annabelle

It's one of things in the pack I'm looking forward to. It's one of the haunted items I think, so she might move around like Yarny or the gnomes.

It's one of things in the pack I'm looking forward to. It's one of the haunted items I think, so she might move around like Yarny or the gnomes.

I read somewhere that when the doll appears, weird things happen and the haunted house can cause sims deaths 😊 it's like chucky 🤣🤣 @CelSims
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited January 2021

Yeah I read that they are accursed objects and will spawn randomly! Pets also seem to not like them either....😌 Can’t wait for my sims to be terrified

Yes, the button eyes!! I’m so excited. I’m glad Happy Haunts actually didn’t win in the community poll because I feel this gave them more time to work out details for this pack.

It's the black hair aswell, it's kind of like the other mothers dolls 😊 ooh this is the most excited I've been for a stuff pack, I think it's going to be a good one @Coconut27
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    How very rare for cross pack interactions in sims 4 :neutral:
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Ooh our spellcasters have been thought of a little, this stuff pack keeps sounding better and better 😊
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2021

wait this is actually pretty cool ^^ I can honestly see myself having one of my spellcasters hone the medium skill (she has a ghost cat for a familiar. its only fitting) so it's nice to know that being a spellcaster may make mastering it a bit quicker.
    Post edited by intothehorizone on
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Ooh our spellcasters have been thought of a little, this stuff pack keeps sounding better and better 😊

Pet and spell casters thought of, that's great. I hope some cat owning dev included cats just staring eerily at a wall for hours :) I have Simeon Silversweaters caster daughter ready to go but I think I will change her ghost dog familiar into a cat.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

The more information that comes out about this pack, the more excited I'm getting. I'm especially happy to hear about the spellcasters being able to build up the medium skill quicker though.

I already started creating one spellcaster household in anticipation. And I have a feeling this won't be the only one either. :lol:

I really hope non-occult players won't ruin this for us. I'm actually truly excited.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2021
    Oh sweet, so they're actually gonna support witches? I was worried they wouldn't.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    The medium vibe is much more up my alley than a more ghostbusters aesthetic would have been. I can use it in many places, not just haunted houses. Between this and the peasanty style stuff from Strangerville I can recreate college me's style. Just missing tarot cards.
    I just finished decorating a haunted house with items from JA, Vampires, Spooky Stuff and EL, and that's enough for me, so I don't mind that the new stuff seems more hippy/new age/medium themed than haunted. Hopefully there are at least a few things for those who don't have the other packs.

I have some plans for Ulrike Faust, my current lady of Straud Manor (who turned Vlad human and let him be eaten by a cowplant) to be turned human by her successor and her lover killed... it would be kind of awesome if she and her vampire daughter and ghost lover could live in a haunted house... I have to wait until my birthday to justify spending the money though. But I have 18 households in rotation so all of this could totally happen after March...
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    So Ghost Whisper themed blog story when?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2021
    I made some investigators for my playthrough.
    U4n0PVT.png
    Violet Bellwood has experience dealing with ghosts. Her family traveled the country; her mother worked as a fortuneteller and her dad as an exorcist. She would contact ghost and get them to haunt people, so her mother could warn the people and recommend the dad for an exorcism. Compared to the rest of the group, she has the most knowledge about ghosts. But she's more interested in living in the house and becoming an eccentric reclusive painter.

7lCGvTL.png
    Hazel Grimwood is from a nouveau riche, but obscure spellcaster family from Glimmberbrook. She abandoned her family's sophisticated ways, but she still has aspirations of striking it rich. She wants to fix up the house and live in luxury, making her own label of Juice.

3nPlKpl.png
    Lyanna Bordeaux is the child of spellcasters, but she was born without magical abilities. Nevertheless, she has an interest in the occult and wants to speak with the ghosts. Her goal is to turn the house into a museum, acting as its curator.

qVNXLZU.png
    Hunter Stellar is the son of one of the twins in my Snowy Escape playthrough. He's an accomplished spellcaster who wants to take over his father's restaurant one day. Having grown up poor, he's determined to buy the haunted house and fix it up. No ghosts will stop him from being a homeowner.

I also uploaded my house to the Gallery, if anyone wants it. If anyone's curious, you can sort of understand the story if you know your Sims lore. The crystal ball is the key.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2021
    Not sure if this was posted prior or not but--

Turns out you can in fact woohoo w/ Bonehilda
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Having read Part One of the dev blob, (thread stickied at the top), I can't wait for some blood curdling ear drum busting mass hysteria inducing screaming.
    And I can't wait to see Callmekevin and Greystillplays after the update lol.

Oh, YES! :D

Our dear leader! <3

Oh, gosh! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Well the asking for fear to be toned down or user directed only is beginning already. I realize this isn't part of the pack as such but it does effect the pack and our other occults.

already?? darn :/ i hope this won't turn into vampires and aliens nerf 2.0,,

Yup. Someone said they preferred if the sims just got tense.

Really? Tense is just your getting irritated or stressed by something your not quite angry but annoyed it's not the same as fear lol, see this is why the sims 4 is predictable and not in depth, please make vampires break in more frequently it's their fault they bought it, not ours 🤣 dont get me started on what non supernatural players done to vampires 🤣🤣 that's what you call tense lol

Yes, please don't get started. 😄 I believe the realism vs occult discussion is happening in another thread.

I think I'm on that one too 🤣🤣

Oh no, please don't tone the emotion down! Perhaps, they might want to introduce emotion toggle where it has a few levels or "difficulties" so one can adjust the game as they want, just like the seasons or other things.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    So hyped for this pack!! The haunted house lot type, the fear emotion (and it’s purple, my lucky colour :P), seances, the 70’s fashion, the New Orleans build/buy, the flickering lights and screams, the cool candles, the creepy doll, mediums and paranormal investigators... Bone-freakin-hilda!!

I love it already.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've read that Adrenaline Seekers will find some of the scares 'quite enjoyable'. I think this is great!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    "The Scared Mood affects Sims in a variety of ways, with my personal favorite, the new Scream Incoherently interaction, where a Scared Sim runs up to another Sim to scream their lungs out. This can result in the other Sim calming down the Scared Sim, or resulting in both Sims becoming Scared. This can create a Scared Mood wildfire if you’re not careful!"

I like the sound of this but no doubt it will get complained about.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i can't wait so excited for the new medium skill and paranormal investigations i'm tired of old jobs and skills

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top